This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate emmissions

I was just wondering whether the stargate when active, actually gives off any energy/radiation/spikes in the levels of something or the other.
    This question popped up in my head because it is a wormhole afterall. This is one serious gravitational and spatial phenomenon its gotta give off something or some sort of distortions.
    Atlantis season 2 ep1 the wraith arent able to detect the activated stargate when ford is escaping. Fair enough the cloak was engaged, but again A WORMHOLE! How does a cloak mask a wormhole?!!!
    Thoughts please. I have a few ideas of my own, but would be interested to know what you guys think as well.

Originally posted by al87013
    I was just wondering whether the stargate when active, actually gives off any energy/radiation/spikes in the levels of something or the other.
    This question popped up in my head because it is a wormhole afterall. This is one serious gravitational and spatial phenomenon its gotta give off something or some sort of distortions.
    Atlantis season 2 ep1 the wraith arent able to detect the activated stargate when ford is escaping. Fair enough the cloak was engaged, but again A WORMHOLE! How does a cloak mask a wormhole?!!!
    Thoughts please. I have a few ideas of my own, but would be interested to know what you guys think as well.
    Some sort of energy signature is emmitted, just given the amount of energy required to even power the gate. EM signatures are surely present in some form or another.

Comment

but the wraith r to dumb to find that out

Comment

If the cloak can disguise a part of the city which for all intents and purposes a hole in space time, otehrwise known as a ZPM, i'm sure it can hide the em signature of the gate. And as for the gravitational energy yeah the wormhole probably does exert a huge amount of gravity. But the event horizon of the stargate nullifies the gravity, else we'd be ripped apart on every trip.

Comment

OR they thought it was either from
          Spoiler:
          THE TACTICAL NUKE
          or the gate activated so peeps could escape
          Spoiler:
          THE TACTICAL NUKE
          and they just left it on.

Comment

Working...
          X