X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Upgraded P90's

spoiler

We found in the begining of s2 that the Wraith darts beam up matter and store it as energy inside the ship. If they could do it, Atlantis should install a mechanism which stores the bullets as energy until they go into the clip and are fired. This way they could carry like 500 bullets at a time. This would be better than energy weapons, because guns make big bangs and are kool to look at. Also Atlantis could take on the more Wraith at a time.

Engineering that would be too much work for WAY too little result. I'd even go as far as to say it's pointless (sorry, but that's the way I feel). You would be using more energy to store the projectiles than the amount of energy transferred to the target by the bullet. Now if they could store drones like that, I'd say go for it, but the P90 clips are small enough to begin with. And they could probably build somthing from Ancient tech and leave out the middleman. Now a P90 that also fires the Wraith stunner and Ancient hand weapon, THAT would be worth building. Hey, even a Taser attachment to the P90 would be great. (I guess I like the idea of a modular weapon system.)
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

100 points for creativity
      100 points for way out there
      100 points for bravery
      100 points for believing in it

People we have todays winner.
      Just think of what he/she will come up with
      welcome to the forum, we need people like you
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

How about instead of personal storage like that, why not use the technology for food/supply storage on atlantis, the Deadalus, or back on Earth? Hell of a space saver.

Need to convert a storage bay into a Med lab real quick? Have a wraith scanner thing with all the medical crap you'd need already loaded into it; Scan the bay, removing everything in it; then Zap the med stuff in.

quite elegant, actually.

-Chachi
        Hermiod: "Crap indeed!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
          How about instead of personal storage like that, why not use the technology for food/supply storage on atlantis, the Deadalus, or back on Earth? Hell of a space saver.

Need to convert a storage bay into a Med lab real quick? Have a wraith scanner thing with all the medical crap you'd need already loaded into it; Scan the bay, removing everything in it; then Zap the med stuff in.

quite elegant, actually.

-Chachi
          Much, much better application of the technology.
          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
            spoiler

We found in the begining of s2 that the Wraith darts beam up matter and store it as energy inside the ship. If they could do it, Atlantis should install a mechanism which stores the bullets as energy until they go into the clip and are fired. This way they could carry like 500 bullets at a time. This would be better than energy weapons, because guns make big bangs and are kool to look at. Also Atlantis could take on the more Wraith at a time.
            Hi, and welcome.

Thats an interesting idea, but you're forgetting one important thing ... the good guys NEVER run out of bullets!
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
              Hi, and welcome.

Thats an interesting idea, but you're forgetting one important thing ... the good guys NEVER run out of bullets!
              lol...in stargate anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi

quite elegant, actually.

-Chachi
                you hsould search i did a thread on my idea about that...it like on page 3
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Well there is a few ploblems with it. First we need a get power supple attached to it as well all the nessary componets to store bullets and transport them would be bigger than normal size gun. We not even technoligy to build it from scratch. Cost would be alot.

Using that tech to store stuff on the Deadalus for transporting it to atlantis would be a good idea.
                  http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

Glad to see we're all experts on the physics of Wraith scanners. It is out there, you're right. What they could do is store F-302's as energy. That way they could hold up to 36 figthers instead of just 8 or 12.

Comment

Glad to see we're all experts on the physics of Wraith scanners. It is out there, you're right. What they could do is store F-302's as energy. That way they could hold up to 36 figthers instead of just 8 or 12.
                      Now that's good tech. But you'll need much more storage space than can be found in a couple of darts. BTW What are the theories on the beam in letters from pegasus?

Comment

As I understood, it kinda works like the stargate. Their energy pattern is stored on crystals or something. They only need power to convert the energy pattern back and forth. Like in the episode where Teal'c is trapped in the gate. He wasn't gone, he was just stored. Its been awhile so I don't remember exactly.

Comment

According to Einstein, energy stil has mass, and if you convert matter to energy, the amount of mass you have will be constant. In other words, you achieve NO benefits from doing this, since you still need the same amount of energy (+ whatever energy you need to run the machinary) and you still need the same amount of mass (+ the mass of the machinary itself.).

The only reason the wrath do this is because it makes it easier to move things while maintaining structural intergrity, and because it saves on volume. The only reason the Stargate does this is because energy is easier to transfer through wormholes while maintaining stability than matter is.

There are zero benefits for doing this for Atlantis, since they have plenty of space anyway.

Comment

As I understood, it kinda works like the stargate. Their energy pattern is stored on crystals or something. They only need power to convert the energy pattern back and forth. Like in the episode where Teal'c is trapped in the gate. He wasn't gone, he was just stored. Its been awhile so I don't remember exactly.
                            It is very likely that the wraith have used Ancient technology and Ancient programming codes to design the Beam and the computer systems that control it. The Culling Beam appears to utilise similar matter group Identification systems to the Wormhole Buffers and Asguard beams which I believe were also origin from Ancient Matter deconstruction Techniques.

Comment

My thoughts on the Wraith beam is that we are able to backwards engineer our own version. We could then use it to store F-302 or 303 and use the extra space on our battleships for, of course, big honkin space guns. This could make ships like the Daedelus a better match for the Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                              X