This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you watch a Superhero TV show?

Let's say, for example, they produced a weekly show based in the Marvel Universe... so you would see all sorts of superheroes, including guys like Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Avengers, the Fantastic 4, even lesser known groups like the Thunderbolts or the Runaways... and have different episodes dealing with different super hero groups, but tied together with a central theme (perhaps an up-and-coming superhero group, like the Young Avengers?) - would you watch a show like that? Good budget for special effects, too.

I definitely would - I find superhero movies and shows addictive (still can't get into the comics tho...) and as long as there were a few bits of eye candy, then yeah I'd definitely would.

Comment

Assuming that the show had good production values, good writing and most important of all good custumes then I´d watch it.

It´s been my experience that most superhero tv shows suck because they look very corny, just look at the Justice League tv pilot.

I´m a big fan of superhero movies and cartoons so if the show was just ok I´d never miss an episode

Comment

Heck yea, if it was good.
        I liked Lois and Clark and The Flash well enough.
        But Mutant-X.... that made me angry, I was soo hopping for an X-men show, (with like former students of Xavier or something) but instead we got some....idunnowhat, I mean there were mutants and one or two had cool powers but the rest of the show was such crp I couldnt watch it.

I would love a good superhero show though.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

No, but I know some 5-year olds who might
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

the problem with some of those shows is that they're aimed at young children (with the exception of Lois & Clark, Smallville...those kinds of ones) and lack the sophistication that older audiences require. Kids aren't the only ones keen on superheros.

Comment

probably not if it was based on Marvel characters.
              I'm really only into X-Men and Runaways. I don't think anybody would run Runaways properly and just turn it into Dawson's Runaways.

DC has far more history and characters to work with and generally has been my fave company.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

No, I wouldn't. I've never been a fan of "OMG I hav speshul powurz!!111!!11!" characters and story lines. I have nothing against the comic books. It just doesn't interest me. The superhero shows I have seen were incredibly lame and cheesy.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  Heck yea, if it was good.
                  I liked Lois and Clark and The Flash well enough.
                  But Mutant-X.... that made me angry, I was soo hopping for an X-men show, (with like former students of Xavier or something) but instead we got some....idunnowhat, I mean there were mutants and one or two had cool powers but the rest of the show was such crp I couldnt watch it.

I would love a good superhero show though.
                  I will check it out if it happpens but if it turns out like Mutant-X.... Ugh. I was so disappointed in that show too. I thought it was going to be X-men-like but it was just boring and ridiculous.

A live action show about superheroes in costume has the potential for a lot of cheesiness and it takes really good talent to avoid that. If they put the people behind the masks first and the powers and effects second it could work. And if they avoid the terrible villains of Charmed and the ridiculous supernatural crap that Lois and Clarke became it could turn out well. As long as they keep in mind the missteps of their predecessors it can work.

some variation on Gen13 would be nice to see.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Nope, they simply don't interest me at all.

Comment

Sure I would. If said show was done as well as, let's say, Smallville. If not though, no thanks.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                        Assuming that the show had good production values, good writing and most important of all good custumes then I´d watch it.

It´s been my experience that most superhero tv shows suck because they look very corny, just look at the Justice League tv pilot.

I´m a big fan of superhero movies and cartoons so if the show was just ok I´d never miss an episode
                        What he/she said....
                        If everything was done well, then yea, it's be worth watching. It's why I watched shows like Lois & Clark and am currently keeping up with Smalville. I just don't think it would be affordable for any one network to produce. Multi superheroes means multiple special effects, and those alone would strain the budget of any show. Inkeeping the CGI slick enough to believe, other aspects of the show would likely suffer: writing, direction, decent actors. YOu see my point.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Maybe. Enjoyed New Adventures of Superman/Lois and Clark till it got too slushy, never managed to get into Smallville.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

depends. definately for spiderman.

Comment

I would be interested in a Batman show. Batman is my favorite. I'm more a fan of the super heros from the DC universe.

I can't get enough of Justice Leauge / Unlimited, and Batman the animated series.
                              Life Too Short to drink bad coffee!

Any man smart enough to understand women is also smart enough to keep quiet about it

Comment

Working...
                              X