This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Hive Ship size

Someone was so nice to post a deadlous/hive ship comparison shot from Allies:

http://www.gods-inc.de/barbie/hive_scale.jpg

Which allows us to calc the size of a hiveship quiet nicely.
    Given that Deadalus is 450m in length, we get:

length 5545m
    width 3970m over all
    mainbody width 2435m

holy hell that's a huge ship.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
    24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
    Both heavily admined.

Comment

So we can think, given the respective size of the hive ships and the cruisers, that the Wraith cruisers are bigger than the Daedalus.
      Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Not as big as Vaders super star destroyer which was 10000m long lol
        The cruisers seem to be slightly bigger than the daedalus as seen on atlantis S2E1. However, when they show the cruisers in relation to the hive ships in the shots i think they have gotten the scale slightly wrong making the cruisers look bigger than they are meant to be. I forgive them though, space battle scenes are extremely hard to make, way too many perspectives and proportions to consider.

Comment

deady is tiny y dont the wraith just ram the deady it would be like a dint in there ship and it would like destroy the deady

Comment

This is why I laugh when Caldwell likes to pretend his ship can take on a Hive. He's nothing more than a fly on the horse's rearend, until they get better weapons on the thing.
            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by al87013
              The cruisers seem to be slightly bigger than the daedalus as seen on atlantis S2E1. However, when they show the cruisers in relation to the hive ships in the shots i think they have gotten the scale slightly wrong making the cruisers look bigger than they are meant to be.
              But remember that the perspective in space is difficult to estimate. When in the Siege III, a cruiser is attempting to approach (aborder ?) the Daedalus, it is at several kilometers. Ships of this size can't maneuvre in such a small area, the risk of collision would be too high. But I agree that sometimes, they take certains liberties with the proportions of the ships.
              Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Wouldn't it be quite easy to scale the Cruisers when they are attached to the Hive ships?

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                  Someone was so nice to post a deadlous/hive ship comparison shot from Allies:

http://www.gods-inc.de/barbie/hive_scale.jpg

Which allows us to calc the size of a hiveship quiet nicely.
                  Given that Deadalus is 450m in length, we get:

length 5545m
                  width 3970m over all
                  mainbody width 2435m
                  5545 meters!!!!!

How could the Daedalus take one out with a nuke?

I knew the hive ships were big, but yeesh!!!

Perhaps the daedalus might be able to be equipped with a Lantian Satellite cannon that might be able to do some damage. Maybe it can't tear apart a Hive Ship in one shot, but it would give the Daedalus (and future ships) more of an offensive weapon.

Comment

It can take them out with teleported nukes because they probably have stuff inside like reactors or fuel or whatever that can explode and add to the nuke's explosive power when damaged.

Originally posted by ItsDan
                    This is why I laugh when Caldwell likes to pretend his ship can take on a Hive. He's nothing more than a fly on the horse's rearend, until they get better weapons on the thing.
                    Yep me to. Why does he keep ordering the railguns fired at them? They're not going to do anything Colonel. They're tiny non explosive shells hitting a 5 1/2 km armored target, give it up.

Don't forget either that the ship that's probably about 30-50 times the tonnage here is also more technologically advanced in most areas. It's like a WW2 era Iowa battleship vs a civil war ironclad with some tacked on 2006 equipment (not weapons).

The only reason it hasn't been transformed into a floating cloud of wreckage and corpses by now is character shields.

Comment

i dont see y they dont transport a nuke just outside the wraith main hanger bay or say the engins and that would be most likely destroy it or brake it beond repair

Comment

Nukes are powerful weapons and have an explosive radius that far exceeds the size of a Hive Ship.
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity
                          5545 meters!!!!!

How could the Daedalus take one out with a nuke?
                          5545 meters is roughly 3.4 miles. Considering how much more powerful nuclear weapons are now compared to the ones used in WWII, its not exactly all that amazing. Its not like you have to damage every part of the ship.

Comment

So how big is a Goa'uld Ha'tak Just for comparison.

Comment

Did somebody say Ha'Tak comparison

Comment

Working...
                              X