This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken

What did everyone think of Spielburgs 'Taken'? It was a mini-series shown on BBC a while ago that is about alien abducties going from the 1950s to the present day. I only ever managed to watch a few episodes of it because of work but i liked what i saw, too bad it never gets any re-runs. If you dont know what 'Taken' was, then read about it on this website, http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/taken/
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

I enjoyed it. It aired on the scifi channel a while back and I missed it so I felt compelled to rent it and given my general laziness about such things, that's saying a lot. It's a really good series.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

in general....i thought it was pretty good.

i think it was a bout 1 ep too long though. i think there was a lot that could have been removed without losing much....mainly the history of the main guy.

was a fun watch though.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I enjoyed 'Taken.' I also thought it was a bit overlong, but still very entertaining. There were some episodes that dragged on a bit. I especially enjoyed the episodes which took place in the 50's and 60's. There were also a few parts that genuinely creeped me out.

I'm not much of a Dakota Fanning fan though. She was good, but grated on my nerves in a few places.

Still, it was one of the better mini-series I've seen.

Comment

I only caught the last few eps on BBC it was pretty good stuff

I have recently acquired the full season and hope to watch it soon
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
            I'm not much of a Dakota Fanning fan though. She was good, but grated on my nerves in a few places.
            I'll take anything else she does over the horror of her screeching "Is it dead; Is it dead?"

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              I'll take anything else she does over the horror of her screeching "Is it dead; Is it dead?"
              lol

was thinking the same thing.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Taken started out ok but became boring quickly IMO.

Seriously, was there even one alien abduction cliché that they didn´t use? Total lack of creativity was the series main problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                  Taken started out ok but became boring quickly IMO.

Seriously, was there even one alien abduction cliché that they didn´t use? Total lack of creativity was the series main problem.
                  Well it was directed by Spielburg so what do ya expect?
                  Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                  X