This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Shanks to only be in 16 episodes for season 10

01.Feb.06Shanks to Appear in 16 S10 EpisodesPosted in News at 8:58 pm by michelle

MichaelShanks-Online’s new interview with Michael Shanks reveals he is contracted for 16 of the 20 episodes to be filmed in SG-1 Season 10. He is taking two episodes off to attend to the birth of his third child, his second with wife Lexa Doig, who is due in March. He’ll take two more weeks off over the summer to be with his family.

[mod snip -- full article at http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=466 ]

Read the entire interview here: Michael Shanks interview

Also note that Amanda Tapping will not be in all season 10 episodes of SG-1. Amanda said in an interview that dhe will appear in an handful of episodes during the backhalf of season 3 of Atlantis.
    Last edited by Darren; 02 February 2006, 11:07 AM.

Originally posted by lilslim142000

Though we’ll miss seeing him in those episodes, Solutions wishes Michael and Lexa the best of luck with their new arrival!

Read the entire interview here: Michael Shanks interview

Also note that Amanda Tapping will not be in all season 10 episodes of SG-1. Amanda said in an interview that dhe will appear in an handful of episodes during the backhalf of season 3 of Atlantis.
    The link is at

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/...l/msfeet.shtml

Comment

The last time when TPTB had to work the stories around Michael Shanks it work beautiful. I think this time won't be different.

And thanks for the link, prion.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Yeah hopfully they will fix it so we don't even notice them being gone.

Comment

They can hardly work around Lexa's pregnancy. What, they're not gonna show her belly, at all? CGI her belly out? Show her only from behind? >_>'

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
            Yeah hopfully they will fix it so we don't even notice them being gone.
            Well, some of you might not notice. I'm positive I will.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

In a way, I didnt noytice Sam's disappearence in the first few eps of Season 9

Guess this isn't really a bad thing, Teal'c And Sam were missing in one ep in Season 8 afterall in Atlantis, Beckett is missing in several episodes and Ronan & Teyla have missed a couple too

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                The last time when TPTB had to work the stories around Michael Shanks it work beautiful. I think this time won't be different.

And thanks for the link, prion.
                No problem. Big thanks to the folks who did the interview

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                  They can hardly work around Lexa's pregnancy. What, they're not gonna show her belly, at all? CGI her belly out? Show her only from behind? >_>'
                  my guess is they will use a few guest doctors, like in season 8

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    as long as she doesn't suffer from vala's super baby syndrome things should be fine.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

We've had to deal with characters being gone before, we'll deal with it again. I, for one, will notice. I always do. I am interested to see how TPTB handle the sitch though, what story they come up with. Of course, knowing the past eps, it will probably be something simple and easily accepted as something that would take up a person's time. But, if it's "controversial", who knows?

totally O/T - I'm watching MacGyver right now. Yay!
                      Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                      Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Just a wild guess, but I think Season 10 will be the last for SG1.....methinks the "old stars" have grown weary of the show, the recent poor writing, the loss of many regulars (Gen. Hammond, Janet Frasier, etc) and now wish to go one and try diffferent things.

If that is the case, my best wishes for success goes to all of them. This season has not be exactly "stellar".
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Lam could get kidnapped off world or something and returned later. That or she gets injured and is on leave.

I hope the "controversal" storyline has Jack/Daniel slashy hints .

Comment

It will be Ok and I under stand why Mr Shank would want a vaction with his family.
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

lilslim142000 & prion: Thanks for the news and the link...great stuff.

I'm sure with the show's past history of working with/around the actors' schedules they will have no problem in dealing with this. They are old hands at it by now.

And babies are the best news. A new baby at Con time!! And MS will be a very happy camper, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X