This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 13 and beyond

Having read a lot of pro and anti upcoming Season threads over the past few years I‘ve read quite a few interesting opinions. Everyone is entitled to anything he wants. Its human experiences that shape the things we like and dislike. That is what makes each one of us unique. But being that we are approaching the end of the 9th season, we have already begun talking about possible scenarios about likes and dislikes of the coming season. Being that shows such as Stargate are on a annual contract basis, most people tend to not vision to far ahead since the future and existence of such shows is uncertain. For me I have enjoyed watching the wonderful world of the Stargate universe and so far I haven’t gotten bored of it yet. I have found it to incorporate many different subjects that I love and enjoy. Science, fiction, politics, religion, alliances, villains, mysteries, battles, heroes, villains, and most of all exploration. I think the last one is what defines humanity and our goal to seek and obtain more knowledge. While all these shows are mere works of fiction, they are able to entertain all those ideas and give the audience inspiration of the future and why not a few mere glimpses of it. It’s the year 2006 and we have been in space, walked to the moon and planning trips to mars for the future. That would have been pretty hard to believe 100 years ago. It wasn’t till about 50 years ago we saw what Earth really looks like from out there. Thought stories, books, television and now the internet, the past few generations have been inspired to seek what was thought impossible. It was such stories that helped inspire all those bright minds that are creating innovations right this minute. For me Stargate is one of those shows that thought it’s fiction, I believe has been able to do such things. I for one have enjoyed the past 9 seasons and have no reason to stop yet. There are episodes that I’ve enjoyed as well as others that I didn’t. Even so I wouldn’t change it either way. I can only hope that such shows keep airing and providing entertainment to the level that they have and even better. I hope the make it all the way to 13, 14 or even 15 seasons. If at some point during then I feel that they are not contributing or not entertaining, I can simply stop watching. Either way, it doesn’t cost me anything financially, rather than the time I spent watching them. I’m just fascinated that people that are not enjoying all these new developments, stories or whatever it is that they don’t like, are still watching it. Even more they find the time to go badmouth it. If you don’t like it, why bother? Well some are just posting to increase their posts, some of whom don’t even believe what they are posting, while others are simply struck by the thought that the ideal (that TPTB have created) world that they envision in their heads (the viewers) is even real and these changes disrupt the balance of that ideal world. I’m sorry but wake up. It’s a TV show. A quite good one at that, at least from my point of view.

Then again, what eventually comes to mind is why do I even bother? NUF SED
    . . . .. . . .

Season 13 and beyond, I am all for that my friend. I've really enjoyed season 9 so far, and am really looking forward to season 10. I think it will probably be better than this season (I know, an early prediction, but I'll make it anyways). As long as tptb still care about telling quality stories with interesting, compelling characters, I'll watch this show. And I think we could have that for many years to come.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I subscribe to idea.
      Only the Moon landing I think was a fake. But I also found on gateworld that NASA is trying to develope hyperdrive technology and in 5-6 years do some testings. I hope it works and won't find alliens or them finding us.
      School is overrated.

Comment

I think as long as they don't start repeating stuff theres no reason why Stargate can't go on. I think we're ready for another film to be honest.

Comment

The main pitfall they can run into most likely, besides oring repeative stories, is to rais the tech level to quickly. Or make the enemies way to powerfull, like, umm, the Ori.
          I mean, what can come after the Ori that would still be threathing ones they are defeated?

Comment

who knows but i bet it will be great.............

Comment

I would love to see another spin of show. There has been hints that the asgard where talking to speices in another galaxcy. In the 5th Race Thor said the Ancients moved on from our Galaxcy long ago so it could be possible not everyone accended and there may be other stargate universes yet un explored.

I woiuld love to see a red or yellow stargate and maybe explore the galaxcy of those unknown little fellas the Furlings! I mean they could go into a number of reasons why they havnt been seen in our Galaxy for so long. Perhaps fighting another Enemy or fighting a Civil War like the Ancients did.

Loads of posibilities for the future.

Comment

I look forward to whatever the future of Stargate has in store for us.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There is an old saying 'Change brings progress'
                  I think if Stargate SG1 ever gets to Season 13, there will be none of the original cast members in the program in a recuring role. If stargate SG1 is to survive it has to continue to evole like it has done for the last 9 years.

So far im am confident that the producers, writers and directors are doing a bang on job. Stargate will go down in history as one of the longest running SCI-FI's and one of the most loved. Much as Star Trek and Star Wars is loved by millions throughout the world, Star Gate will reside with those two also.

And in other news, the polar ice caps continue to melt and George Bush buys land in Virgina for his new Beachside Villa. Whooo Yahhhh!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Jago
                    And in other news, the polar ice caps continue to melt and George Bush buys land in Virgina for his new Beachside Villa. Whooo Yahhhh!!!!!
                    LOL

Good reading about global warming is STATE OF FEAR by Michael Crichton.

Good GW Bush Blooper

Back to the subject thought, I was sad when Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery & RDA left, but we can’t expect them to stay on the show forever. As they leave, the show evolves, and change is good. Shows that don’t make it are the ones that keep repeating the same things over and over. Part of the audience will get bored eventually if every new episode is like a repeat of another. That is what brought Star Trek to its end as well as McGuyver. Not to mention all those other ones before them…….
                    . . . .. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Enokrad
                      Back to the subject thought, I was sad when Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery & RDA left, but we can’t expect them to stay on the show forever. As they leave, the show evolves, and change is good. Shows that don’t make it are the ones that keep repeating the same things over and over. Part of the audience will get bored eventually if every new episode is like a repeat of another. That is what brought Star Trek to its end as well as McGuyver. Not to mention all those other ones before them…….
                      Exactly, shows that don't change die off. I went into season nine with no expectations, and considering it a new show. I think more people needed that attitude. The show can't stay the same forever.

Comment

LOL

Good reading about global warming is STATE OF FEAR by Michael Crichton.

Good GW Bush Blooper

While change my be good...A lot of people cannot or will not accept it. If you take them out of their confort zone, then they hate it. To answer your question why the sit around and complain, I think they are waiting for the show to go back to what it was, which it never will. They really like the old and can't get in the new And to as why they choose to be negative and complain about it...lol... its their right to complain! LoL...I happen to like the Ori angle. The Goa'uld got old quick after about the 6th season and IMO should have changed after that.

Comment

Change is good, but not always. Sometimes is crap. Just because some characters dissapear doesn't mean that show evolves, just because someone dies or leaves doesn't mean it's evolving. Don't let you get fooled by this wrong and dangerous principle. SG-1 didn't evolved because some charecters died/leaved (Martouf/Frasier/Jacob)/(Hammond/O'Neill). It evolved because the writers were still able to come with good stories.
                          The show evolved not because of their departure but against it.
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                            Change is good, but not always. Sometimes is crap. Just because some characters dissapear doesn't mean that show evolves, just because someone dies or leaves doesn't mean it's evolving. Don't let you get fooled by this wrong and dangerous principle. SG-1 didn't evolved because some charecters died/leaved (Martouf/Frasier/Jacob)/(Hammond/O'Neill). It evolved because the writers were still able to come with good stories.
                            The show evolved not because of their departure but against it.
                            You’re right. Change could be as good as bad. So far they haven’t disappointed me yet. And characters dying isn’t evolving, but it creates the mystery of what is going to happen. Other than the main cast, everyone else is more or less expendable. Most recently
                            Spoiler:
                            The Prometheus was destroyed.
                            . Didn’t see that one coming. It showed the SGC underestimating their opponents as did SGA in Allies & they got PWNED. The show is not a comedy that will be there to cheer you up all the time. It’s a sci fi drama, and these things will happen. I still remember Heroes where Janet died, and I do agree with the producers as of being one of the best episodes.
                            Spoiler:
                            So long Prometheus, you shall be remembered.
                            . . . .. . . .

Comment

You’re right. Change could be as good as bad. So far they haven’t disappointed me yet. And characters dying isn’t evolving, but it creates the mystery of what is going to happen. Other than the main cast, everyone else is more or less expendable. Most recently
                              Spoiler:
                              The Prometheus was destroyed.
                              . Didn’t see that one coming. It showed the SGC underestimating their opponents as did SGA in Allies & they got PWNED. The show is not a comedy that will be there to cheer you up all the time. It’s a sci fi drama, and these things will happen. I still remember Heroes where Janet died, and I do agree with the producers as of being one of the best episodes.
                              Spoiler:
                              So long Prometheus, you shall be remembered.
                              Yes, it will be remembered.

Comment

Working...
                              X