• Show
Clear All

Video beamer technology of the Ancients

Ancients obviously uses video beamers just like us:
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ylai
    Ancients obviously uses video beamers just like us:

Comment

I guess so... I wonder if we we're suppose to know that.
      Last edited by Selmak; 21 July 2004, 03:05 AM.

Comment

I wonder if the Asgard use that same technology
        **Referring to the screen aboard the DJ in New Order**

Comment

Here's a pic of it... but I didn't find any projector... then again I didn't find it in Atlantis either.

Comment

To me it doesn’t look as if it pointing to the wall, so it could just be part of the lighting.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I've got a bigger question... why is the screen behind the controls? At least the Asgard got the screen-in-front-of-the-controls thing down. Maybe the Ancients have eyes in that back of there heads.

Comment

the ancients have psychic ability, like the "ancients chair" .... everything is control by the pannel there is no need to see what u do ... u know what it is ... normally
                - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                - The Nox

Comment

If they don't need to see what they do then why do they have a screen? Answer that Mr.Normal

Comment

I think it's there to play tricks on the Ancient operating the controls. See, the controls to the screen are hidden somewhere so that another Ancient can put up messages behind the operator's back. That way, they can literally make fun of someone behind their back. They could also put up funny images behind the operator and take pictures of them to make it look like they're in these crazy situations.....

Hey, maybe it's supposed to be a slightly more advanced form of a weather map. The control room is really just a high-tech news/weather room.

Comment

Like the "where o where did my little dog go" thing... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                        Like the "where o where did my little dog go" thing... lol
                        That was great. I'd love to see hidden messages behind McKay along the lines of what someone else suggested:
                        "McKay, McKay, he's our man! If can't do it, Carter can!"

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                          the ancients have psychic ability, like the "ancients chair" .... everything is control by the pannel there is no need to see what u do ... u know what it is ... normally
                          That sounds so dirty....

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                            That sounds so dirty....
                            I don't get it. I guess my mind isn't dirty enough... time to go play outside in the dirt and crack my head open on a dirty rock!!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                              To me it doesn’t look as if it pointing to the wall, so it could just be part of the lighting.
                              No, if you seek to the position of "Rising", you can see that the light beam is in syncronization with what appears on the screen. It is definitively not part of the lighting, and what appears on the semi-translucent screen is also not an special effect shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X