July 21st, 2004, 01:43 AM
Ancients obviously uses video beamers just like us:

furry
July 21st, 2004, 02:36 AM
Ancients obviously uses video beamers just like us:

:eek: ;)

Selmak
July 21st, 2004, 02:49 AM
I guess so... I wonder if we we're suppose to know that.

Selmak
July 21st, 2004, 03:07 AM
I wonder if the Asgard use that same technology ;)
**Referring to the screen aboard the DJ in New Order**

Selmak
July 21st, 2004, 03:15 AM
Here's a pic of it... but I didn't find any projector... then again I didn't find it in Atlantis either.
http://homepage.mac.com/selmak/pics/screen.jpg

Replicarter
July 21st, 2004, 04:01 AM
To me it doesn’t look as if it pointing to the wall, so it could just be part of the lighting.

Selmak
July 21st, 2004, 04:04 AM
I've got a bigger question... why is the screen behind the controls? At least the Asgard got the screen-in-front-of-the-controls thing down. Maybe the Ancients have eyes in that back of there heads.

po134
July 21st, 2004, 04:44 AM
the ancients have psychic ability, like the "ancients chair" .... everything is control by the pannel there is no need to see what u do ... u know what it is :D :rolleyes: ... normally :P

Selmak
July 21st, 2004, 04:59 AM
If they don't need to see what they do then why do they have a screen? Answer that Mr.Normal :)

VirtualCLD
July 21st, 2004, 05:03 AM
I think it's there to play tricks on the Ancient operating the controls. See, the controls to the screen are hidden somewhere so that another Ancient can put up messages behind the operator's back. That way, they can literally make fun of someone behind their back. They could also put up funny images behind the operator and take pictures of them to make it look like they're in these crazy situations.....

Hey, maybe it's supposed to be a slightly more advanced form of a weather map. The control room is really just a high-tech news/weather room.

Selmak
July 21st, 2004, 05:19 AM
Like the "where o where did my little dog go" thing... lol

VirtualCLD
July 21st, 2004, 05:21 AM
Like the "where o where did my little dog go" thing... lol
That was great. I'd love to see hidden messages behind McKay along the lines of what someone else suggested:
"McKay, McKay, he's our man! If can't do it, Carter can!"

aschen
July 21st, 2004, 09:23 AM
the ancients have psychic ability, like the "ancients chair" .... everything is control by the pannel there is no need to see what u do ... u know what it is :D :rolleyes: ... normally :P

That sounds so dirty.... :D

VirtualCLD
July 21st, 2004, 09:41 AM
That sounds so dirty.... :D
I don't get it. I guess my mind isn't dirty enough... time to go play outside in the dirt and crack my head open on a dirty rock!!

ylai
July 21st, 2004, 06:17 PM
To me it doesn’t look as if it pointing to the wall, so it could just be part of the lighting.
No, if you seek to the position of "Rising", you can see that the light beam is in syncronization with what appears on the screen. It is definitively not part of the lighting, and what appears on the semi-translucent screen is also not an special effect shot.

Stargate Agent
July 21st, 2004, 06:48 PM
This is called the Nitpicking Overkill Thread....

TechnoBoY
July 21st, 2004, 08:50 PM
They need to hide their projectors better!

Mio
July 21st, 2004, 09:10 PM
"McKay, McKay, he's our man! If can't do it, Carter can!"
Rofl.