PDA

View Full Version : Korelev

marlowe54
January 30th, 2006, 05:18 PM
This ship name is mentioned in Season 10, Episode 1 -- can anyone speculate as to the type of ship and country of origin as to which she belongs to?

Xanderic
January 30th, 2006, 05:33 PM
This ship name is mentioned in Season 10, Episode 1 -- can anyone speculate as to the type of ship and country of origin as to which she belongs to?
Russian.

NakedJehutyV2
January 30th, 2006, 06:34 PM
it belongs to the russian federation

mainly cuz of the name

unless the US is stealing names

or maybe a new asgard ship?

myst
January 30th, 2006, 06:39 PM
I guess it could be a Russian ship. They have not been mentioned a whole lot in recent years of the Stargate program.

It definatley does look of Russian origin.

Xanderic
January 30th, 2006, 07:06 PM
if you google "Korelev russian" and "Korelev german", it could be russian or german :o

marlowe54
January 30th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I just cannot see the Russians having the will, money, or expertise to build a spaceworthy ship similiar to the Daedulus-Prometheus Line. Perhaps its an American Built Ship with a Russian Name and International (like Altantis) crew

jenks
January 30th, 2006, 07:22 PM
I just cannot see the Russians having the will, money, or expertise to build a spaceworthy ship similiar to the Daedulus-Prometheus Line. Perhaps its an American Built Ship with a Russian Name and International (like Altantis) crew

Why?

the fifth man
January 30th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I'd have to go with it being a Russian ship. Why not, they have the plans to build their own.

NakedJehutyV2
January 30th, 2006, 08:37 PM

that's racism

anyway myst what do ya mean it LOOKS russian? there's a pic

the only plans the russians have is x303 so maybe it'll be a prommie?

anyway like always the russians get screwed (ship gets destroyed) yet american vessels are unharmed. that's just..............well mean cold war's over people they're cool now

Peoples_General
January 30th, 2006, 08:55 PM

Really? So you're saying that Russia can't afford to do it? I think you need to keep yourself up to date with their military developments. In real life, they've developed new ballistic missile that flies so fast and can release 3 warheads + 4 decoy warheads, that it renders US anti-missile defenses obsolete. The missile is the SS-27 Topol.

They've also developed a device that ionizes the air around an aircraft, which scrambles radar waves thereby giving the aircraft a low radar signature. Translation... "stealth". They've also developed aircraft like the S-37 Berkut air superiority fighter with forward swept wings, the MiG-1.42, Mi-28 Havoc attack helicopter, the Ka-50 Hokum attack helicopter, and ground vehicles like the BTR-90, the T-95 main battle tank..... and.... hell.... lemme ask you this...

Does this look like a country incapable of having the resources to construct at least a Prometheus type of intergalactic spacecraft? For all we know the Russians in the SG universe just might possess a healthier economy than they do in real life.

In real life... Russia is a lot richer than some of its old Soviet states like the "stan" countries, and the ones in Eastern Europe. Just don't get them confused.

NakedJehutyV2
January 30th, 2006, 09:01 PM
that's some great ownage dude

plus the us stole the russian metal gear tech!!!!

Xanderic
January 30th, 2006, 09:06 PM
that's racism

anyway like always the russians get screwed (ship gets destroyed) yet american vessels are unharmed. that's just..............well mean cold war's over people they're cool now
aha there is no such thing as racism. We are all part of the race of humans.

NakedJehutyV2
January 30th, 2006, 09:08 PM
i wish that were true.

hell some loser said that saying arrogant americans is racist then so is your statement

Major Tyler
January 30th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Please get back to the topic of the Russian Air Force Vessel Korelev.

Peoples_General
January 30th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Assuming that the ships made by other nations is modeled after the Prometheus, it will be a good way to keep the Prometheus design in StarGate (SG costs, keep the old image rather than design a new ship class).

It'll also be an homage to the first big intersteller ship that brought the Tau'ri into its first major step in becoming one of the Great Races in the SG universe. The Prometheus is gone, but it's descendants will be built by other nations... hopefully.

NakedJehutyV2
January 30th, 2006, 09:23 PM
but will the us give russia and other countries enough naq and trinium? or will they be made with steel?

Anubis345
January 31st, 2006, 01:04 PM
i was reading this forum topic and it looks like alot of people think it is russian but i think that i have to say it is so i agree with them but i think that it will be a short range fighter there is just no way that they are going to let the russians build a warship.

or it could be a united earth ship.

myst
January 31st, 2006, 01:10 PM
Oh, by the way NakedJehu, I meant before the name looks like it's Russian...

I think Russia would have enough funds to build one. They should have a right to build one if they can, they are as much part of the Tau'ri as we are.

NakedJehutyV2
January 31st, 2006, 02:49 PM
russia is prolly more advanced than us they just don't show it off like the US do. same for japan and china

knowles2
January 31st, 2006, 02:59 PM
It probably is the russians, it certainly sounds like a russian name, plus there was a a russian rocket enginer that went by that name.
it also unlikely that the writers will throw in surprise, and it turns out to be someone totally unexpected, like the british, china, germany. And france well they just do not have the guts to do something like build a space ship so we a can rule them, but it would be nice if the writers prove us wronge, doubt full :(

Metonic
February 5th, 2006, 07:16 PM
russia is prolly more advanced than us they just don't show it off like the US do. same for japan and china

Japan shows they are far more advanced than us. China? idk, they make cheap dollar store items, but they probably right about as advanced as us. Russia more advanced than the US? I think their up to par. No offence but we're talking about a nation that not even 20 years overthrew communism, and we all know human nature is "He im geting paid no matter what right? ill sit on my arse" There was no motivation, now their just like crap now we gotta do something, believe me id be the same way. So their upto par. maybe more advanced in some ways maybe less advanced. more thanlikely slightly less advanced i mean it is russia they had Serfdom in the 1900's, not to offend anyone lol but their bigger n a colder area takes more time to advance as a whole.

and yeah it sounds like itsa russian ship I kinda hopeso. I wanna see mor chekoff that guys the russian hammond.

it could be Bulgarian after that folk singer lol

PugGate
February 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Think it'll have Asgard shields and other alien upgrades? Wonder where it would be built. Some desolate mountain in Siberia?:cool:

NakedJehutyV2
February 5th, 2006, 07:32 PM
i doubt the us will give them asgard tech.

anyway to metonic,

not just russia dude everyone is. ya never heard of congressmen (US) for sale?

american congresspeople are worse

THX
February 5th, 2006, 07:42 PM
It is without a doubt Russian. Sergei P. Korolev was the mastermind of the Soviet space program.

Korolev would go on to make these space records: first dog in orbit (Sputnik 2); first large scientific satellite (the 1.3 ton Sputnik 3); first man; first woman; first three men; first extra–vehicular walk; first craft to impact the Moon; first to orbit the Moon and photograph its back side; first to impact Venus. He would later design and launch the Soviet Union’s first communications satellite and first spy satellite, although not ahead of the US in these two feats. He would, however, fail in accomplishing the mission that became his supreme passion— sending a cosmonaut to the Moon before the Americans.

Major Tyler
February 5th, 2006, 07:42 PM
anyway to metonic,

american congresspeople are worseWow, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know where to start.

alaskannut
February 5th, 2006, 08:15 PM
They've also developed a device that ionizes the air around an aircraft, which scrambles radar waves thereby giving the aircraft a low radar signature. Translation... "stealth". .
In theory; Cool

In reality; It doesn't work....generator cannot sustain the plasma field around the aircraft and it turn the plane into a godawful IR source....any IRST system in the neighborhood would easily see it

Anyways...the Korolev will DEFINITELY be russian, no question about it.

NakedJehutyV2
February 5th, 2006, 08:34 PM
yes i do. meaning oil companies among others pay them off. hell why do ya think big company execs get off clean on serious crimes while people who steal gas or something (or dl music) get 10 years? answer me that. meaning not just russians as you put it are corruptable with money.

Major Tyler
February 5th, 2006, 08:58 PM
yes i do. meaning oil companies among others pay them off. hell why do ya think big company execs get off clean on serious crimes while people who steal gas or something (or dl music) get 10 years? answer me that. meaning not just russians as you put it are corruptable with money.Nevermind. I'm not going to even bother. :rolleyes: Please get back on topic.

David1984
February 5th, 2006, 09:10 PM
The Ship is Russian, says so in the spoilers or at stargate wikipedia(can't remember). Not to mention that the X-303 program was a joint program that the U.S. was funding(S.6 "Disclosure") and so Russia has had access to the plans for a long time, not to mention the upcoming ep. about the international relations in regards to the SG program an the tech that they're s'posed to be sharing - which might lend some knowledge to the subject.

Pamplemousse of France
February 6th, 2006, 03:21 AM
He would, however, fail in accomplishing the mission that became his supreme passion— sending a cosmonaut to the Moon before the Americans. [/I]
In fact, it wasn't totally his fault. He wanted to use cryogenic engines for his N-1 rocket (N: Nositel = carrier), the motorist (Glushko) didn't want. Because there wasn't at that time a space agency like NASA, ASI or CNES, he wasn't able to impose his choise to Glushko. So he asked to an aircraft engine builder, Kuznetsov, to build the cryogenic engine. But because Kuznetsov didn't know how to build big engines, he built a small one, the NK-33. To allow the rocket to take off, 30 of these engines were needed. The delay caused by this story made the governement to cancel the static test of the first stage, because they were afraid the americans will send their men first. The NK-33 worked prodigiously well when it was alone, but the great number of engines caused vibrations that destroyed the rocket. Four flight were done, all failure:
- February 21st, 1969: vibrations broke a LOX line, the stage burned and exploded at the 70th second.
- July 3rd, 1969: at the moment of the lift off, a metallic part made the 8th engine LOX turbopump to explode. The rocket fell on its pad at the 18th second.
- 1971: a the 7th second, the rocket began to destroy because of roll (roulis ?). The second stage began to destroy at the 48th second. The KORD (flight computer) cut all the engines, and the rocket crashed on its pad.
- 1972: the lift off was good. At the 90th second, the KORD cut the six central engines of the first stage in accordance with the flight plan. But because the fuel pressure was applied on only 24 engines instead of 30, a surpressure destroyed a LOX line. The first stage began to burn and exploded and the 107th second. A few second before the first stage was released...

THX
February 6th, 2006, 03:39 PM
In fact, it wasn't totally his fault. He wanted to use cryogenic engines for his N-1 rocket (N: Nositel = carrier), the motorist (Glushko) didn't want. Because there wasn't at that time a space agency like NASA, ASI or CNES, he wasn't able to impose his choise to Glushko. So he asked to an aircraft engine builder, Kuznetsov, to build the cryogenic engine. But because Kuznetsov didn't know how to build big engines, he built a small one, the NK-33. To allow the rocket to take off, 30 of these engines were needed. The delay caused by this story made the governement to cancel the static test of the first stage, because they were afraid the americans will send their men first. The NK-33 worked prodigiously well when it was alone, but the great number of engines caused vibrations that destroyed the rocket. Four flight were done, all failure:
- February 21st, 1969: vibrations broke a LOX line, the stage burned and exploded at the 70th second.
- July 3rd, 1969: at the moment of the lift off, a metallic part made the 8th engine LOX turbopump to explode. The rocket fell on its pad at the 18th second.
- 1971: a the 7th second, the rocket began to destroy because of roll (roulis ?). The second stage began to destroy at the 48th second. The KORD (flight computer) cut all the engines, and the rocket crashed on its pad.
- 1972: the lift off was good. At the 90th second, the KORD cut the six central engines of the first stage in accordance with the flight plan. But because the fuel pressure was applied on only 24 engines instead of 30, a surpressure destroyed a LOX line. The first stage began to burn and exploded and the 107th second. A few second before the first stage was released...

I know :), was just pasting a summary from another website. I know because I've just finished reaching the book 'Space Race' based on the BBC series, great book. I highly recommend it to any interested in that topic.

Missster.Freeman
February 6th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Hey, I recognised that snippet of info in your previous post above, THX. I watched Space Race too. I'm not much of a book reader though, but I reckon I could get into the book you recommend. :)

NakedJehutyV2
February 6th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Nevermind. I'm not going to even bother. :rolleyes: Please get back on topic.

thought so.

anyway it's russian

The Engineer
February 7th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Japan shows they are far more advanced than us. China? idk, they make cheap dollar store items, but they probably right about as advanced as us. Russia more advanced than the US? I think their up to par. No offence but we're talking about a nation that not even 20 years overthrew communism, and we all know human nature is "He im geting paid no matter what right? ill sit on my arse" There was no motivation, now their just like crap now we gotta do something, believe me id be the same way. So their upto par. maybe more advanced in some ways maybe less advanced. more thanlikely slightly less advanced i mean it is russia they had Serfdom in the 1900's, not to offend anyone lol but their bigger n a colder area takes more time to advance as a whole.

and yeah it sounds like itsa russian ship I kinda hopeso. I wanna see mor chekoff that guys the russian hammond.

it could be Bulgarian after that folk singer lol

Russia not technologically advaced because it was a communist country (USSR) less than 20 years ago is a narrow-minded oppinion, no offence.
The US developed the A-Bomb with non-american scientists. So was with the space program. The Russians they developed their space program with Russians, mainly. Did you know that the best program crackers are Russians? Just because you have democracy for more than 200 years, Coca-Cola for more than 100 years, MacDonald's for more than 60 years and Microsoft for more than 20 years doesn't make you technologically more advanced than the Russians. The Russia has economic issues not technological ones.
Now on Korelev from SG-1. If the Russians can't afford building a Daedalus class warship they could build it in Taiwan (it's cheapper) or could make a joint venture with China (they have enough man power) and build dozens of Daedalus class warships at the same quality as the USS Daedalus.

Pamplemousse of France
February 7th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Russia not technologically advaced because it was a communist country (USSR) less than 20 years ago is a narrow-minded oppinion, no offence. The US developed the A-Bomb with non-american scientists. So was with the space program. The Russians they developed their space program with Russians, mainly. Did you know that the best program crackers are Russians? Just because you have democracy for more than 200 years, Coca-Cola for more than 100 years, MacDonald's for more than 60 years and Microsoft for more than 20 years doesn't make you technologically more advanced than the Russians.
Yes, the Americans are opportunist (no offence, this attitude proved to work very well) but the Russians have the habit to do things more simple. See the Soyuz spacecraft and the Apollo spacecraft. Apollo systems are several times more modern than Soyuz'. That don't prevent the Russian spacecraft to fly, and very well. Russian ships won't be cruder than American ones, they will be different, because the technical culture of the two countries is different.

The Russia has economic issues not technological ones.
Yes, but 7 billions dollars (initial cost of the Prometheus projet) for an independant access to deep space and its richness isn't very expensive. Stop thinking (not you, but I saw other in GW who think this way) than because Russia is in financial crisis, it can't afford to build a battlecruiser. The price of a ship like that is nothing. Porsche made 6.395 billions US dollars (5.34 billions Euros converted with today's €/$ ratio) of sales turnover (chiffre d'affaire ?) and 1.796 billions USD of benefit (bénéfice ?)these last ten months ! And it's only a pivate company of medium power nation. And now these ships are cheaper to produce because they can be build in "mass production".

Now on Korelev from SG-1. If the Russians can't afford building a Daedalus class warship they could build it in Taiwan (it's cheapper) or could make a joint venture with China (they have enough man power) and build dozens of Daedalus class warships at the same quality as the USS Daedalus.
Or they could build them with France :) .

Mefusta
February 7th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Yes, but 7 billions dollars (initial cost of the Prometheus projet) for an independant access to deep space and its richness isn't very expensive. Stop thinking (not you, but I saw other in GW who think this way) than because Russia is in financial crisis, it can't afford to build a battlecruiser. The price of a ship like that is nothing. Porsche made 6.395 billions US dollars (5.34 billions Euros converted with today's €/$ ratio) of sales turnover (chiffre d'affaire ?) and 1.796 billions USD of benefit (bénéfice ?)these last ten months ! And it's only a pivate company of medium power nation. And now these ships are cheaper to produce because they can be build in "mass production".

Not to mention Col. Chekov's boasting during 'Disclosure' about leaving the dangerous & expensive research and prototyping to the Americans, and then acquiring the plans and producing the ships at a fraction of the cost. Considering that was a good 3 Seasons [Years] ago, it's about bloody time the Russians get their first vessel up.

Riv
February 7th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Since we have all this speculation of the Korolev, here is my take based on your conversations and previous episodes. Remember, this all hypothetical.

1. Korolev is most likely a Russian ship, a first of its class built by the Russian Federation, with possible assistance with the United States. It could be a U.S. built ship, but I doubt it, base on the name.

2. Korolev will most likely be a Prometheus class ship or a variant based off the Prometheus. Some say it might be a Daedalus class, All we know is the Russian Federation was given plans to the Prometheus class in Season 6 and they have had 3 years to construct this craft. Also the Americans most likely will not giveup there most advanced designs to any nation,Since the Americans are developing 2nd generation tech, they will most likely give plans to there 1st generation tech to other nations.

3. As for tech, it is unknown that the U.S. will allow other nations have Asgard tech. Maybe Asgard teleporter tech and sensors. As for Transgalactic hyperdrive and shields, I dont know. I would think after capturing the Alkesh and access to some tech from the Free Jaffa Nation I would say they would get hyperdrive tech based Goa'uld Technology which is Interstellar only and shield technology. The rest of the tech is advanced Russian technology. w/standard gravity and inertia systems.

If we were to look at what the other nations can provide; it is possible that those nations (Season 6: Disclosure), Great Britian, France and China may get the X-302 and X-303 plans.

It could theoretically possible that these nations can build ships. The most likely scenario for these nations might be smaller capital or support ships, i.e. Capital Ships ranging from a Corvette to Destroyer class, Support craft ranging from a Scout/Shuttle to Heavy Transport. Technologies that were given to the Russians would apply.

All this is speculative and is based on present political thinking in the real-world and the stargate universe

Wraith_Hunter
February 7th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Eps like 'Full Alert', prove why the SGC will not give them their best tech.

Sure they had plans for the original design of 'Prometheus', when it was using vastly inferior Asgard tech. It''ll obviously be different that Prometheus, since it's being built by another country. Seeing that they don't have off-world bases & resources. Then any off-world Russian teams have to come back via the SGC's gate. It'll have an overall slightly different look & Ruaain weapons installed, but IMO it'll be instantly recogniseable like Prometheus.

Daedalus claass cruisers require Asgard's to helop operate & oversee the tech on board.

Daedalus, has Hermiod.

Odyssey, will have Kvasir.

Prometheus didn't have any, Korlelev won't have any either.

I see the writers bringing it in as a homage to 'Prometheus', one last time before it goes.

The Signal
February 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Im gonna say Russian, as they have the plans for the prommie class and the name is Russian. They are easily as advanced as any other nation (well, Japan has us all beat, but arethey in on the Stargate programme?) Im seeing a Prommie looking ship but it will blow up anyhow 'cause, to quote Docto Who "you know what they say baout Earth workmanship" :P

The Engineer
February 7th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Or they could build them with France :) .
And yet name it ...Korolev? not ...Alsace, Vercingetorix, Napoleon or some other hystoric place/figure that the French would be proud of? very un-french of the French to name their FIRST interstellar ship after some Russian guy?

Pamplemousse of France
February 7th, 2006, 01:50 PM
And yet name it ...Korolev? not ...Alsace, Vercingetorix, Napoleon or some other hystoric place/figure that the French would be proud of? very un-french of the French to name their FIRST interstellar ship after some Russian guy?
Not the Korolev. But another one. Napoleon is good, or Concorde, Diamant (means "diamond", our first orbital rocket), Asterix, or... the "Pamplemousse of France" :) (for people who don't understand french "pamplemousse" means "grapefruit")

The Engineer
February 7th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Not the Korolev. But another one. Napoleon is good, or Concorde, Diamant (means "diamond", our first orbital rocket), Asterix, or... the "Pamplemousse of France" :) (for people who don't understand french "pamplemousse" means "grapefruit")
Concorde.... it crashed a few years ago, and now the name is jinxed, sorry.
What about Picard? (kidding)
and about your signature if it's French wouldn't be "Noire"? :p
and as for the joint venture the German one is more likelier.

Pamplemousse of France
February 7th, 2006, 02:05 PM
But it is still the best plane ever built.

The Black Diamant is (would be) a franco-british ship. Take a look there to understand the name: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23377

and as for the joint venture the German one is more likelier.
Why not... but I can't name it, I don't speak a word of German. I have enough to do with French, English and hieroglyphs.

Major Tyler
February 7th, 2006, 02:05 PM
What about Picard? (kidding)
and as for the joint venture the German one is more likely.How about just "Fifi?"

Pamplemousse of France
February 7th, 2006, 02:10 PM
How about just "Fifi?"
Too much literary ;)

The Engineer
February 7th, 2006, 02:12 PM
How about just "Fifi?"
LOOL, but who is Fifi?

Joe Hodkiss
February 7th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I think it’s a pretty safe bet to say the Korolev will be a Russian ship.

Korolev was the prominent rocket engineer and national hero who kept the USSR WAY ahead of the US during space race; if he hadn’t died it may have being pretty different story with the Russian flag flying on the moon instead. So it would kinda make sense they’d name a ship after him.

We know Russia is keen to develop its own space fleet from ‘Disclosure’ and the parameters of the treaty between them and the US means they have the technology available.

It also wouldn’t make much sense if the ship is of the Prometheus-class, why would they build a ship class which is now obsolete, when they could build the superior Daedalus-class. It also means on a production standpoint they can use the same sets and reduce costs.

I’m pretty interested to see what new kind of dynamic the introduction of this vessel will provide to the stories of S10.

The Engineer
February 7th, 2006, 03:36 PM
I’m pretty interested to see what new kind of dynamic the introduction of this vessel will provide to the stories of S10.
From what I read, apparently none, you'll see it proves out to be just a plot device to see how powerfull are these Ori.
but who knows?! I might be wrong.

Peoples_General
February 7th, 2006, 08:27 PM
They should really start letting other countries build more ships as the Ori threat grows.

Im expecting China, Russia, Britain, France, and maybe the other wealthy nations like Germany, France, S. Korea, Australia, Canada, Italy, and etc. to join in building Prometheus class ships and lots of F-302s.

As for how to pilot hundreds and perhaps thousands of F-302s (when time comes for Earth's strongest nations to combine their industrial capacity to defend galaxy-wide humanity and Earth)... this is when that whole "downloading memory mache" from Collateral Damage comes into play.

npattis
February 7th, 2006, 09:55 PM
i doubt the us will give them asgard tech.

anyway to metonic,

american congresspeople are worse

Someone needs to pick up a newspaper.

NakedJehutyV2
February 7th, 2006, 10:04 PM
yu?

Joe Hodkiss
February 10th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Im expecting China, Russia, Britain, France, and maybe the other wealthy nations like Germany, France, S. Korea, Australia, Canada, Italy, and etc. to join in building Prometheus class ships and lots of F-302s.

We know Russia is keen to build ships, and China will almost certainly get to it eventually in order to keep the status quo in terms of military strength. But most of those other countries (the Western ones more specifically) will just let the US to spend billions in building their own fleet without ever getting to it themselves.

ckwongau
February 11th, 2006, 11:43 AM

Spoiler For S10 opener "Flesh and blood"
Carter radio the Ori ship to see if there are any suvivor of Korelev,I don't the writer will allow the Russian to keep their ship .Too bad, but it make sense we can't control the Russian ship , we can't let the Russian into outer system just yet, remember what happen with the Trust, they went to outer system and return as Goa'uld.

Anyway i will miss Korelev more than Prometheus

The Chinese,British and French should start building new ship now.

Xanderic
February 11th, 2006, 12:25 PM
It would be nice to see a Russian ship with a DIFFERENT design than the Daedalus/Odyssesy.

HirogenGater
February 11th, 2006, 12:49 PM
So, what episode is this ship supposed to appear? Anyone have a picture of it yet?

Xanderic
February 11th, 2006, 12:51 PM
So, what episode is this ship supposed to appear? Anyone have a picture of it yet?
1st episode.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 11th, 2006, 01:03 PM
It would be nice to see a Russian ship with a DIFFERENT design than the Daedalus/Odyssesy.
I think it'll be X303. Weve been told they have the designs for the X303s.

Xanderic
February 11th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I think it'll be X303. Weve been told they have the designs for the X303s.
well if they're designing their own 303, i think it should be X304 since it probably will be a different design than the prometheus but based on the 303 core design.

hypergate
February 11th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Since Disclosure, I've been waiting for other nations and Russia in particular to develope their own ship. The reason the prommie wasn't as good as the Daedelus was because the Asguard stuff was added on after the ship was built. If they have Asguard tech, it could be similar to prommie. Also Russia has known about the Stargate the longest of all the nations. They have a deal with the U.S. Maybe instead of getting money for leasing the gate they get a supply of Naqueda and trinium to build their ships. Can't wait to see it. I want other nations to have ships too. New dynamic to the show. :ronan:

Xanderic
February 11th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Since Disclosure, I've been waiting for other nations and Russia in particular to develope their own ship. The reason the prommie wasn't as good as the Daedelus was because the Asguard stuff was added on after the ship was built. If they have Asguard tech, it could be similar to prommie. Also Russia has known about the Stargate the longest of all the nations. They have a deal with the U.S. Maybe instead of getting money for leasing the gate they get a supply of Naqueda and trinium to build their ships. Can't wait to see it. I want other nations to have ships too. New dynamic to the show. :ronan:
What I really want to see is a Chinese ship. We have had a dynamic history.... the Great Wall of China... the Terracotta warriors and Qin's tomb.... and rare porcelain art(many of which sank during transport to Europe but now recovered and worth like $100 each)... sophisticated ship designs (we had the different cargo holds for different merchants in our Junks 100 years before the western civilization had)... and a thriving economy before the arrogant,profit-seeking British asses destroyed us with Opium and took Hong Kong..... and now China is starting to refine its natural resources so we're coming up in the world.....and of course, we had Lord Yu as one of our influences :p so I want to see how Chinese spaceships turn out.

hypergate
February 11th, 2006, 07:56 PM
There's one main problem for other nations to build ships. They need Naqueda and probably trinium. Without ships in the first place there is only one way to get these items, through the stargate. I would like to see how the writers get around this. A nuclear powered ship would have to have much bigger power plants. I do have to admit, I expect many nations to build ships though. It might be some time before the reality of the SG universe will allow for other nations to build ships. I explained how the russians could. I suppose other nations could purchase Naqueda and Trinium from the U.S. This could be an interesting dynamic. Some of the other nations build workable ion power sources. Then they might not share it with the U.S. Just a thought.

TheObiJuan
February 11th, 2006, 07:58 PM
aha there is no such thing as racism. We are all part of the race of humans.

that will be your little secret. Shhh, don't tell. ;)

Peoples_General
February 11th, 2006, 08:04 PM
What I really want to see is a Chinese ship. We have had a dynamic history.... the Great Wall of China... the Terracotta warriors and Qin's tomb.... and rare porcelain art(many of which sank during transport to Europe but now recovered and worth like $100 each)... sophisticated ship designs (we had the different cargo holds for different merchants in our Junks 100 years before the western civilization had)... and a thriving economy before the arrogant,profit-seeking British asses destroyed us with Opium and took Hong Kong..... and now China is starting to refine its natural resources so we're coming up in the world.....and of course, we had Lord Yu as one of our influences :p so I want to see how Chinese spaceships turn out.

It'll be either a Prometheus or Daedalus design.

The Engineer
February 12th, 2006, 12:25 AM
There's one main problem for other nations to build ships. They need Naqueda and probably trinium. I suppose other nations could purchase Naqueda and Trinium from the U.S.
or they could have all signed a treaty with the U.S. during/after the events from Disclosure in which it is stated that the U.S. should supply with these two elements not for money but as a measure to split the cost of war and as a cost for the need to build a fleet capabable of defending Earth from existing and/or possible galactic enemies.

Pamplemousse of France
February 12th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Too bad, but it make sense we can't control the Russian ship , we can't let the Russian into outer system just yet, remember what happen with the Trust, they went to outer system and return as Goa'uld.
The american governement have been infiltrated by the Goa'uld (Kinsey and probably others that aren't discovered yet). Is it better ? Russian are not more stupid than Americans. I think it is too dangerous that only one country has ships:

1) It gives to this country a huge amount of power that could be used to attack other countries (US wouldn't attack us, but imagine if the Goa'uld can control the governement and launch an attack...)

2) It is a simple precaution. If for one reason or another, American ships can't fly, we wouldn't have other ships to defend us.

The Engineer
February 12th, 2006, 01:50 AM
The american governement have been infiltrated by the Goa'uld (Kinsey and probably others that aren't discovered yet). Is it better ? Russian are not more stupid than Americans. I think it is too dangerous that only one country has ships:

1) It gives to this country a huge amount of power that could be used to attack other countries (US wouldn't attack us, but imagine if the Goa'uld can control the governement and launch an attack...)

2) It is a simple precaution. If for one reason or another, American ships can't fly, we wouldn't have other ships to defend us.
Yes, sometimes USA power is overrated.

NakedJehutyV2
February 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM
prolly like prommie with with signature russian details.

always

ckwongau
February 12th, 2006, 12:50 PM

It is good to read message from a fellow chinese , i agree with you.
But there are some problem for building a Chinese BC-303.
Chinese technologies can't match the other advance Earth Nation because we can't buy advance military tech from them, we have to depend on the Russian.We have to catch up with them it will take times.

It is partly our own fault, the Cultural Revolution, it was a bad idea to send most of the scientist and intellectual to farm the land .The chief designer for
the first chinese nuclear sub was torture during the sub's production by the redgaurd.
Tell people to melt their hosehold metal object in their backgard to make steel ,

For the moment the Strength of China is in mass production and copying .
Unless the American disclose the Stargate program to the public , then may be China can mass produce F-302 and BC-303 in their factory.
The Spoiler for "S9 Scourge"
The Chinese Ambassador told Daniel the US government only share non -military alien tech with China
How can we copy when they don't share with us?

I think China should get a tech partner with France or Russian ,nations with disputs with US.
But as one of 3 nation who can send people into space, it is logical for China to be the next nation with BC-303 after Russian.

But any US network will probably make Chinese to be the bad guys due to the real life current political situation.After what the Japanese did in WW2 and rewrite their history , they get to play the good guys on TV and we get to play the bad guys .It is unfair

NakedJehutyV2
February 12th, 2006, 12:56 PM
soon it'll be every nation tha's in on it vs the US.

Pamplemousse of France
February 12th, 2006, 01:14 PM
The Spoiler for "S9 Scourge"
The Chinese Ambassador told Daniel the US government only share non -military alien tech with China
How can we copy when they don't share with us?
I see I'm not the only one who expect a lot of things from this episode.

I think China should get a tech partner with France
That would be a good idea. And the current context allow it: it seems that the CNES (Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales, our space agency) is going to develop several projects with China.

But as one of 3 nation who can send people into space
Lucky guy. We have an automatic ship easily adaptable to carry humans which is almost ready to fly and a man-rated rocket powerful enough to launch it, but we don't have the political will to do it.

But any US network will probably make Chinese to be the bad guys due to the real life current political situation.After what the Japanese did in WW2 and rewrite their history , they get to play the good guys on TV and we get to play the bad guys .It is unfair
I'm afraid that at the moment, we French aren't in a better position than you. Join the club.

BlackBaron
February 12th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I wanna see a fleet of ships, built by many countries in Stargate SG-1 one day.

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 01:36 PM
That would be a good idea. And the current context allow it: it seems that the CNES (Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales, our space agency) is going to develop several projects with China.

Lucky guy. We have an automatic ship easily adaptable to carry humans which is almost ready to fly and a man-rated rocket powerful enough to launch it, but we don't have the political will to do it.

I'm afraid that at the moment, we French aren't in a better position than you. Join the club.

I think there is a railway in Shanghai(or somewhere there) that either the French or the Germans designed................

Also, ckwongau, China is starting to refine western technology, especially in the computer and electronics industry.

I am technically Chinese-Canadian, but I come from HK. Anyways since we're talking about our own nations... China and France... I might as well talk a bit about Canada as well...

Canada would be as powerful as the US, especially in the Space sector, if Diefenbaker, Canada's 13th Prime Minister, hadn't cancelled the Avro Arrow Project in 1959. (Unfortunately for us, 13 is a bad number and Diefenbaker destroyed our shot at owning the skies.) For those of you who don't know, the Avro Arrow was Mach 2 supersonic jet fighter, faster than what they had at the time. When the AA Project was cancelled, many of the scientists involved in the Project moved to the States and joined NASA, and from there, we know the rest. The only positive thing in Diefenbaker's reign was the introduction of the Canadian Bill of Rights in 1960.

I think it's safe to say that Canada is part of the Club with China and France at the moment.

Edit- Now someone from Britain and Russia talk about the respective countries and why they're no better off than Canada, China and France

ckwongau
February 12th, 2006, 01:40 PM
In Episode "Disclosure"
We can see how it played out
The Russian wanted to play both sided , support the US, but tell the Chinese they also get the same deal as the the Russian .
The British play it cool and said nothing, doesn't want to offend the American in public.He gave them full support after Thor's appearance.

The French and Chinese both were upset and against the US position.

I think i read an article, about some PLA officer ,they tried the Rafale fighter and love it, if it wasn't for the EU arm ban , China probably order a few hundred of them or buy the tech form the French.
The Russian has border issue with china, soon or later they will cut us off.
The French is the kind of tech partner China need

HirogenGater
February 12th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I wanna see a fleet of ships, built by many countries in Stargate SG-1 one day.

I'd like to see that too. I also would like to see a ship that comprises people from a variety of countries, including the US.

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I'd like to see that too. I also would like to see a ship that comprises people from a variety of countries, including the US.
umm aren't they all comprised of people from various countries? I thought after Atlantis (which is comprised of people from various countries... McKay(Canadian), Zelenka(Czech)) they would have people from various countries on the ships as well. Novak for example.

Pamplemousse of France
February 12th, 2006, 02:10 PM
In Episode "Disclosure"
We can see how it played out
The Russian wanted to play both sided , support the US, but tell the Chinese they also get the same deal as the the Russian .
The British play it cool and said nothing, doesn't want to offend the American in public.He gave them full support after Thor's appearance.
The French and Chinese both were upset and against the US position.

I think "Disclosure", as important it was for the story, was very caricatural.
In fact I fear (redouter ?) "The scourge" as much as I'm impatient to see it.
I'm a little desapointed that the country which help to build the Stargate universe is no more considered (the american branch of "Le Studio Canal", itself branch of the french TV channel "Canal +" co-produced the film).

The French is the kind of tech partner China need
I am very proud that you see us as an important partner. I think cooperation is the only way to build several ships fastly. As I previously said, the defence of the world is to important to be done by only one country.

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 02:14 PM
As I previously said, the defence of the world is to important to be done by only one country.

Yes it is. Not that Hammond isn't a Homeworld Security Officer but Homeworld Security should be like the United Nations.. United Nations is Earth related but a new Homeworld Security (combining delegates from all countries) should be created so that it is space related.

Pamplemousse of France
February 12th, 2006, 02:25 PM
a new Homeworld Security (combining delegates from all countries) should be created so that it is space related.
I agree. But it won't be fair if the Gate remains under US control. Technically, if they have ships, the other members don't need it, but it keep being a direct line to the space. I don't think the US would place the Gate under international control, so I'm not sure that such Council will one day be created. But maybe the new international commitee of "The scourge" can do it.

captainpash
February 12th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Really? So you're saying that Russia can't afford to do it? I think you need to keep yourself up to date with their military developments. In real life, they've developed new ballistic missile that flies so fast and can release 3 warheads + 4 decoy warheads, that it renders US anti-missile defenses obsolete. The missile is the SS-27 Topol.

They've also developed a device that ionizes the air around an aircraft, which scrambles radar waves thereby giving the aircraft a low radar signature. Translation... "stealth". They've also developed aircraft like the S-37 Berkut air superiority fighter with forward swept wings, the MiG-1.42, Mi-28 Havoc attack helicopter, the Ka-50 Hokum attack helicopter, and ground vehicles like the BTR-90, the T-95 main battle tank..... and.... hell.... lemme ask you this...

Does this look like a country incapable of having the resources to construct at least a Prometheus type of intergalactic spacecraft? For all we know the Russians in the SG universe just might possess a healthier economy than they do in real life.

In real life... Russia is a lot richer than some of its old Soviet states like the "stan" countries, and the ones in Eastern Europe. Just don't get them confused.

Yeah, and all that richness goes to the ones in power. The country is still as corrupt as ever. Also they didn't build good machinary they built alot of crappily built stuff figuring it was easier. Under the commusnist regieme, and they haven't changed much since. Also most of that stuff was good, and then well the centuary turned, and it was 20 years old. Because Stalin was pariond, and corruptness set in.

JUNIOR
February 12th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Wow, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know where to start.

Yeah he/she doesn't know what they're talking about do they.

kirmit
February 12th, 2006, 02:45 PM
i dont see why ppl think it'll be a prometheus class, we need the best ships to protect the planet, the sgc aint gunna give the russians old designs because of sumthin petty like nations. BTW I still love the prommie lol

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM
i dont see why ppl think it'll be a prometheus class, we need the best ships to protect the planet, the sgc aint gunna give the russians old designs because of sumthin petty like nations. BTW I still love the prommie lol
lol.. can I say, hypocrite? :p

kirmit
February 12th, 2006, 02:53 PM
lol.. can I say, hypocrite? :p

lol i love the prommie but it's not the best ship out there, earth will need as many of their best ships out there

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 03:13 PM
lol i love the prommie but it's not the best ship out there, earth will need as many of their best ships out there
Same here. The Prommie served her purpose. May she rest in peace. :hammond15:

JUNIOR
February 12th, 2006, 03:20 PM
yes i do. meaning oil companies among others pay them off. hell why do ya think big company execs get off clean on serious crimes while people who steal gas or something (or dl music) get 10 years? answer me that. meaning not just russians as you put it are corruptable with money.

I'm there sure are a lot of Politian’s that are corrupt but they're nowhere near as corrupt as the rest of their counter parts throughout the world as a whole. The facts are that the U.S. has a lot of "checks and balances" (rules and regulations) set into place that most countries don't. In a lot of places around the world a substantial amount of political figures participate in activities that would be very illegal in the U.S. Hell if one of the U.S. politicians did some of the things I’ve heard and seen in other political systems there’d be some big media frenzy, and that person would probably go to jail for a very long time you think political contributions are wrong how about blatant bribery that’s offer to many of the U.S. congress counterparts around the world. As for the comment you made earlier about U.S. congressmen for sale well that’s just a part of our capitalist political system at its best. I mean where would Bill Clinton or President Bush be without political contributions. They might not have made it to the White house, because political contributions help finance campaigns and without them who knows who might have ended up in the U.S. political offices. I’m certainly not say that all is peachy in the U.S. political system because some big execs. probably have gotten with a slap on the wrist by calling in their political markers, but not from what I’ve been seeing lately. Haven't you heard of Enron, the Martha Stewart Stock trading scandal, the republican Senator (can’t think of his name right now) who had to resign last year because congress and /or the senate was ready to launch a full investigation on some of the political contribution that were made to his campaign and those are just the ones that come to mind as I'm typing this. I mean in a lot of countries political figures expect to be bribed and they also participate in activities that would be perceived as illegal are very unethical in the U.S. so I just don’t see how the U.S. is the worst.

hypergate
February 12th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Obviously, other nations are going to be an issue on the show if a plausible reality is to be maintained. There are several solutions they could implement to explain things and even further the story. Also I don't know if anyone has thought about this, but after awhile I think people would notice the hangars these ships are in. The U.S., Canada, China, and Russia are big landmasses that could hide such things. Britain and France however are very heavily populated and it would be hard to hide a hanger to house the BC-303. :ronan:

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Obviously, other nations are going to be an issue on the show if a plausible reality is to be maintained. There are several solutions they could implement to explain things and even further the story. Also I don't know if anyone has thought about this, but after awhile I think people would notice the hangars these ships are in. The U.S., Canada, China, and Russia are big landmasses that could hide such things. Britain and France however are very heavily populated and it would be hard to hide a hanger to house the BC-303. :ronan:

There's also the fact that the world is getting suspicious, as noted my Cam's good-old friend, in 9x14, Stronghold.

hypergate
February 12th, 2006, 03:42 PM
It is possible with the tech we now have, to run two gates on the same planet. I thought the main problem was that teams could get sent to the wrong gate. Transporting them back would cost money and time. We could send up a few sattelites with Asguard beaming tech. This way if a team came to the wrong gate they could be beamed to the other gate. In order for this to work though, these gates would have to be linked. All information relating to departures and arrivals would have to be shared in order for this to work. The question is, who gets the D.H.D. and thus the dominant gate. :ronan:

Jumper One
February 12th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I thought that the DHD got blown up in 48 Hours

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 03:52 PM
It is possible with the tech we now have, to run two gates on the same planet. I thought the main problem was that teams could get sent to the wrong gate. Transporting them back would cost money and time. We could send up a few sattelites with Asguard beaming tech. This way if a team came to the wrong gate they could be beamed to the other gate. In order for this to work though, these gates would have to be linked. All information relating to departures and arrivals would have to be shared in order for this to work. The question is, who gets the D.H.D. and thus the dominant gate. :ronan:
You might as well send them to the moon and do it. Also, we would have to be able to configurate satellites with beaming tech. It would be cool to have not only Ori type satellites (or even better: Ancient satellites) surrounding Earth to protect it but also have it equipped with beaming technology. People can fit inside Ancient satellites too so they can beam people into the satellites if enemies like the Ori come to destroy Earth.

hypergate
February 12th, 2006, 04:14 PM
there are other planets, from which to take a stargate and D.H.D. Plenty of uninhabited ones too. Also, my theory is that any gates that are within 1 lightyear of each other will have the same problem.

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 04:19 PM
there are other planets, from which to take a stargate and D.H.D. Plenty of uninhabited ones too. Also, my theory is that any gates that are within 1 lightyear of each other will have the same problem.
It shouldn't be. The Aschen were in one solar system and all of the stargates functioned fine.

hypergate
February 12th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I just watched 2001 on DVD and the Aschen are not in one solar system. Carter theorized that without a DHD a gate could only go 300 lightyears. On the star map they showed five worlds that were within 300 lightyears of the planet SG-1 was on. The aschen spanned quite a few lightyears. :ronan:

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I just watched 2001 on DVD and the Aschen are not in one solar system. Carter theorized that without a DHD a gate could only go 300 lightyears. On the star map they showed five worlds that were within 300 lightyears of the planet SG-1 was on. The aschen spanned quite a few lightyears. :ronan:

Ok. Nvm then. Scrap my last statement. :cool:

rarocks24
February 14th, 2006, 04:25 PM
that's racism

Really...the Cold War is over....hmm, that would be so, if Vlad Putin wasn't pandering to Iran and Syria. As for the ship, more than likely it's a X303.

rarocks24
February 14th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I'm there sure are a lot of Politian’s that are corrupt but they're nowhere near as corrupt as the rest of their counter parts throughout the world as a whole. The facts are that the U.S. has a lot of "checks and balances" (rules and regulations) set into place that most countries don't. In a lot of places around the world a substantial amount of political figures participate in activities that would be very illegal in the U.S. Hell if one of the U.S. politicians did some of the things I’ve heard and seen in other political systems there’d be some big media frenzy, and that person would probably go to jail for a very long time you think political contributions are wrong how about blatant bribery that’s offer to many of the U.S. congress counterparts around the world. As for the comment you made earlier about U.S. congressmen for sale well that’s just a part of our capitalist political system at its best. I mean where would Bill Clinton or President Bush be without political contributions. They might not have made it to the White house, because political contributions help finance campaigns and without them who knows who might have ended up in the U.S. political offices. I’m certainly not say that all is peachy in the U.S. political system because some big execs. probably have gotten with a slap on the wrist by calling in their political markers, but not from what I’ve been seeing lately. Haven't you heard of Enron, the Martha Stewart Stock trading scandal, the republican Senator (can’t think of his name right now) who had to resign last year because congress and /or the senate was ready to launch a full investigation on some of the political contribution that were made to his campaign and those are just the ones that come to mind as I'm typing this. I mean in a lot of countries political figures expect to be bribed and they also participate in activities that would be perceived as illegal are very unethical in the U.S. so I just don’t see how the U.S. is the worst.
Tom Delay, and he wasn't a Senator, he is a congressman. He resigned from his role as Majority Leader of the House.

ussrelativity
February 14th, 2006, 04:45 PM

I think that a number of drydocks could be set up for fleet development easily. The question is, where exactly in the U.S., Canada, China, and Russia could they be placed. As far as I know, we have at least 2 drydock facilities, one in the U.S., and another in Russia for the presumably unfinished Korelev.

rarocks24
February 14th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I think that a number of drydocks could be set up for fleet development easily. The question is, where exactly in the U.S., Canada, China, and Russia could they be placed. As far as I know, we have at least 2 drydock facilities, one in the U.S., and another in Russia for the presumably unfinished Korelev.
I don't see why the hell they don't go ahead and tell. I mean there's already been an alien virus gone around, several attacks on Earth, troops dying for no apparent reason whatsoever...and the Stargate project has been leaked to the point that one more fact and it most likely would be blown open anyways.

Contractors could begin building their own ships, technology production would be faster, economic development would be better, and a solution to saving the atmosphere would have been found. And think about all them enviromentalists who'd wet themselves from drool at the knowledge that the ships are run entirely on a different source of fuel!

Then we could use our current naval drydocks for something better (like building more Daedulus class ships).

jenks
February 14th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I vote terraform mars and set up an international Stargate Command there, surely they can get the tech to do that quickly by now...

Xanderic
February 14th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I don't see why the hell they don't go ahead and tell. I mean there's already been an alien virus gone around, several attacks on Earth, troops dying for no apparent reason whatsoever...and the Stargate project has been leaked to the point that one more fact and it most likely would be blown open anyways.

Contractors could begin building their own ships, technology production would be faster, economic development would be better, and a solution to saving the atmosphere would have been found. And think about all them enviromentalists who'd wet themselves from drool at the knowledge that the ships are run entirely on a different source of fuel!

Then we could use our current naval drydocks for something better (like building more Daedulus class ships).
yes and have terrorist groups build them and BOOM, bye bye Earth. Not to mention there's still the Trust and Ba'al on Earth.

andrewag
February 15th, 2006, 02:51 AM
There should be an international crew on a ship. I mean, the fight over Antarctica would have given a whole lot away to many nations, including Australia who have claimed much of the territory.

Or the ship might have a name like Sheppard gave to the ship they found and not have been built by humans at all.

gateroom
February 15th, 2006, 07:40 AM
I don't think that i would trust the Russians or the Chinese with there own space worthy ships. They might decide to use then against other countries. There two countries are not as stable as people might like to think. They would not have Earth's best interest in hand when it came down to a threat. The U.S. has only used there ships in the protection of Earth and will always do so.

Pamplemousse of France
February 15th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I don't think that i would trust the Russians or the Chinese with there own space worthy ships. They might decide to use then against other countries.
Have you ever heard about "nuclear dissuasion" ? Try to replace "nuclear" by "spaceship".

There two countries are not as stable as people might like to think. They would not have Earth's best interest in hand when it came down to a threat. The U.S. has only used there ships in the protection of Earth and will always do so.
Yes, the US are the good people and everyone else is bad... The only thing that is dangerous is that only one country has ships. The others would be incapable to defend themselves if for one reason or another, the US attack them. And don't say "The Americans are nice people that will never attack anyone", it is just a precausion that every good governement must take to protect its people.

jenks
February 15th, 2006, 09:09 AM
The balance of power has shifted dramatically to the US if they're the only ones with the ships, in the real world, the world has been alot safer from 'world' wars since most large nations got Nukes... the nuclear deterrent word would the same way with ships I would expect, then again once cities have shields like ships... hmmmm, I might have to think this through...

Kirath
February 15th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Of course the US would use its ships if war broke out. any nation would. they give them a significant tactical advantage. i think the Russia, Britain, china and the rest of nations will build their own ships and just for defense. they will want to explore space just like we would. its part of the human condition.

Korelev may not look anything like the Prometheus or daedulus. they may want to build something differnt and maybe even have some cool tech like energy weapons the boy at Area 51 were never able to crack.

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Of course the US would use its ships if war broke out. any nation would. they give them a significant tactical advantage. i think the Russia, Britain, china and the rest of nations will build their own ships and just for defense. they will want to explore space just like we would. its part of the human condition.

Korelev may not look anything like the Prometheus or daedulus. they may want to build something differnt and maybe even have some cool tech like energy weapons the boy at Area 51 were never able to crack.
It might look different making it the BC-304 but weapons-wize, they will be the same.

Render
February 15th, 2006, 03:50 PM
with all this talk about ships, why not instead make a spacestation, like the ISS, except one that actually works, and uses captured tech. not only could it be used for spaceborne maintenance fo the ships, but it could also be a hub for the Deparment of Homeplanet security, not to mention scientific research, hell it could even be on/in the moon, as we have seen rings could easzily cover that distance

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM
with all this talk about ships, why not instead make a spacestation, like the ISS, except one that actually works, and uses captured tech. not only could it be used for spaceborne maintenance fo the ships, but it could also be a hub for the Deparment of Homeplanet security, not to mention scientific research, hell it could even be on/in the moon, as we have seen rings could easzily cover that distance
because the ISS cost an insane amount of $ to build and if the Ori can destroy our ships, it can easily destroy out space station.

Imgnryflagdotcom
February 16th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Its a Russian BC-303

It gets destroyed though in FLesh and Blood

Render
February 16th, 2006, 05:56 PM
because the ISS cost an insane amount of $ to build and if the Ori can destroy our ships, it can easily destroy out space station.

Im not referring specifically to the ISS, i personally think that was one of the biggest mistakes ever made in the course of space exploration. Im not specifically referring to the Ori, but I was thinking long term, not the just the Ori. Besides a networked defence system would be far more effective at protecting this planet, than a series of individual ships. If the Ori truely got serious about kicking our ass, there would be nothing we could do at this point to defend ourselves.

Metonic
February 16th, 2006, 05:57 PM
when well we see the enterprise??? You know its not going to be a united states ship cuz they'll be like well thats a little too pop cultureish. As soon as eastern european nation gets plans for promethus type ships, they'll launch Enterprise. Why? because, some of those eastern european countries are watching Star Trek, and Dukes of Hazard, and if they get a plans to prommie i gaurentee they'll have an enterprise and a General Lee up in space in no time, it might be up there for no time, but itll be up there lol. if you've seen eurotrip or any movie that shows eastern european countries and their "western television" shows you kno what i mean.,

hypergate
February 16th, 2006, 07:10 PM
I've been reading this thread on and off and I have a question. Is the Korelev destroyed or is her crew killed and the ship left intact?

Xanderic
February 16th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I've been reading this thread on and off and I have a question. Is the Korelev destroyed or is her crew killed and the ship left intact?
Not enough information to determine that at this stage.

NakedJehutyV2
February 17th, 2006, 12:13 AM
judging from spoilers the korelev appears to be disabled not completely destroyed

Xanderic
February 17th, 2006, 06:25 PM
judging from spoilers the korelev appears to be disabled not completely destroyed
looks can be deceiving. The crew of the Korelev could have beamed off somewhere before it was destroyed (see Ethon)

Dromag67
February 17th, 2006, 09:28 PM
that's racism

I might have to disagree with you there, stating an opinion that someone might not have the willpower or money to build something so large and make it spaceworthy doesn't mean its racism.

I doubt the guy has anything agianst Russians.

On topic I can't wait to see a Russian ship and what they do with it.

sindicate
February 18th, 2006, 12:25 AM
not sure if it's true or not but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BC-304

says the Korelev is believed to be a Russian Daedalus class ship.

we might see it at the end of Season 9

NakedJehutyV2
February 19th, 2006, 06:57 AM
I doubt the guy has anything agianst Russians.

but you and most americans do

SGFerrit
February 19th, 2006, 10:32 AM

Using naqhudah it would probably be alot cheaper, and it does'nt matter if the Ori can destroy it, if they can destroy our ships to like you said then building a space station or a ship wont make very much difference

Kirath
February 20th, 2006, 07:18 AM

I'm american and i don't have anything against russians. :confused: Could we get back to talking aboout the cool new ship and leave the political, cold war junk back in the 80's where it belongs. :tecmate: :lol:

Ace
February 20th, 2006, 09:14 AM

Now that's racist... or at least hypocritical

Ace

NakedJehutyV2
February 20th, 2006, 10:59 AM
oh so that's racist now eh? este guey

what's the definition of MOST? look that up.

anyway either ya'll misspelled it or the writers but it's spelled korolev (gotta love history channel)

GateMan2000
February 20th, 2006, 11:46 AM
What does it matter if the Russia, China or any of the European countries get any of the information. What it all boils down to on the show is the Asgard. I bet somewhere in the SG Universe, they are probably looking at the current world trends and giving a big input on who gets it and who doesn't. LoL..Thats like saying we should get the Iranians Asgard Weapons and hope they don't use it on Israel. There are some nations that can be trusted and some that can't. Based on how their run their society will make a big difference. While no country is perfect by any means...Some are doing better than others.

dosed150
February 20th, 2006, 12:37 PM
What does it matter if the Russia, China or any of the European countries get any of the information. What it all boils down to on the show is the Asgard. I bet somewhere in the SG Universe, they are probably looking at the current world trends and giving a big input on who gets it and who doesn't. LoL..Thats like saying we should get the Iranians Asgard Weapons and hope they don't use it on Israel. There are some nations that can be trusted and some that can't. Based on how their run their society will make a big difference. While no country is perfect by any means...Some are doing better than others.

from your example i wouldnt trust the isreali's anymore than the iranians theyre both just as bad as each other

Kirath
February 20th, 2006, 06:48 PM
yes and have terrorist groups build them and BOOM, bye bye Earth. Not to mention there's still the Trust and Ba'al on Earth.

Did you say terrorists buildding spaceships? The fact that you thought that up and decided to share it with the group is scary.