This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the most powerfull/advanced ship

I am reffering only to SG1 and SGA not BSG or SW or...., but feel welcomed to write your opinions about other shows, too. Make a list or something like that if you want but please, after you write about SG1 and SGA.
    I know there are subjects like SG vs. SW, SG vs. STrek...., but in here this is optional.

So, for me:

Replicator ship
    Aurora
    Anubis ship with the eyes
    Anubis ship in the episode where Asgard ship is destroied
    Asgard O'neill class
    Hive ship
    Daedalus and Prommie
    Goa'uld mothership

I have to mention the mysterious ship from "Grace", but I do not know where to place it in the list. I think it might be somwhere next to the Asgard O'neill class.

We've never really seen the Aurora class ships in action. They could've been the ones tearing up Hive Ships on 1vs1 fights. Don't forget that Ancient weapons can annhilate Replicators.

We also have to make an assumption that Ori ships are very powerful as well. Perhaps even more powerful than those of the Pegasus Ancients. Im not sure of the Milky Way Ancients ever possed transport vessels like the Aurora, though they might have. Again an assumption, as I believe that the MW Ancients were more advanced than the PG Ancients, due to the latter's stagnation in technology. Just compare the two kinds of Ancients we know of, and you'll notice that the MW ones seem far more advanced.

So for me its like this:

MW Ancients ship
    Ori ships
    Aurora (PG Ancients)
    Replicator Ship
    O'Neill Class Asgard ship
    Anubis Mothership
    Wraith Hive Ship
    Gadmeer Terraformer ship
    Daedalus Class Tau'ri ship
    Goa'uld Hatak mothership

Im also undecided as to where to put the Grace Ship. It might have been a lost MW Ancients ship... but I doubt it as they couldn't have gotten stuck that way and need help from a lowly Tau'ri (no insult to Sam, but compared to the Ancient's brain power, she's a 5th grader). It can also be Furling, or the former tennants of the Pegasus Galaxy, or even a new race we haven't met yet.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
      We've never really seen the Aurora class ships in action. They could've been the ones tearing up Hive Ships on 1vs1 fights. Don't forget that Ancient weapons can annhilate Replicators.

We also have to make an assumption that Ori ships are very powerful as well. Perhaps even more powerful than those of the Pegasus Ancients. Im not sure of the Milky Way Ancients ever possed transport vessels like the Aurora, though they might have. Again an assumption, as I believe that the MW Ancients were more advanced than the PG Ancients, due to the latter's stagnation in technology. Just compare the two kinds of Ancients we know of, and you'll notice that the MW ones seem far more advanced.

So for me its like this:

MW Ancients ship
      Ori ships
      Aurora (PG Ancients)
      Replicator Ship
      O'Neill Class Asgard ship
      Anubis Mothership
      Wraith Hive Ship
      Gadmeer Terraformer ship
      Daedalus Class Tau'ri ship
      Goa'uld Hatak mothership

Im also undecided as to where to put the Grace Ship. It might have been a lost MW Ancients ship... but I doubt it as they couldn't have gotten stuck that way and need help from a lowly Tau'ri (no insult to Sam, but compared to the Ancient's brain power, she's a 5th grader). It can also be Furling, or the former tennants of the Pegasus Galaxy, or even a new race we haven't met yet.

You are absolutely right. I totally forgot about the Ori and I should have made the comparison between MW Ancients and Lantians.
      In rest, you is almost the same.

Comment

one more thing to add: if the Reps would have got their hands on to some Ancient tech, they would surpass Ancient or Ori ships. I'm not sure thow they aren't doing it now. Remember Thor couldn't do anything to stop them
        and the damm thing fires those replicator projectiles that eventually controll the ship from inside. They might even be able to use enemy ships against them.

Comment

It has to be noted that if we exclude the f302's and Darts, and just had a good old ship to ship fight, the Deadalus would be able to destroy a number of Hive ships. The only thing stopping it from blowing up Hive ships with it's nukes is the fact that the damn Darts keep intercepting them. If they weren't in the equation those Hives are toast. Also I think that people seem to overvalue the Aurora class and devalue the O'Neill class. I doubt the Aurora could go 1 on 1 with an Ori, Asgard or Replicator ship of the line. The Ori have more knowledge at their disposal(now) that the PG ANcients would have. The Asgard have had thousands of years to advance and don't forget that the Aurora isn't equipt with a replicator distruptor. The replis would have taken over the ship b4 the ancients realised what hit them. SO i class it like this:

Replicator Cruiser/Ori Capital Ship
          Asgard O'Neil class
          Anubis Goa'uld (eye) Flagship
          Deadalus(/BC303) Tau'ri Battlecruiser
          Wraith Hive Ship
          Goa'uld Modified Ha'tak(Anubis)
          Wraith Cruiser
          Al'kesh

I'm also having trouble placing the "Grace" ship. I also wander where Aschen ships would go on here. Or maybe the Grace dudes were the Aschen...
          Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
          +
          Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Yes, good thinking, Aschen ships. I don't really believe that the Grace ship is their's.
            I like your thinking with the Reps ship and that the MW or PG Ancient ships did not have disruptors equiped.
            REPLICATORS RULE and I think that this is the reason they were destroyed. They were simply to advanced and if they weren't stoped then, nothing would have survived the massacre that would have folowed. Replicarter was getting Ancient knowledge and even a fraction of it would have been enough to start a chain reaction of inimaginable magnitude.

Comment

Even the Reps were having trouble handling the Ancient Knowledge.

As for the Ancients ships, whether they're Ori, MW Alterans, or PG Alterans... its possible that they can modify the energy weapons on their ships to turn it into a disruptor weapon.

To protect against those Replicator missiles... don't forget about the Ancients shields tech. They can also fire a Drone or two to obliterate those Replicator missiles.
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

daedalus is last on those lists. it sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                  Even the Reps were having trouble handling the Ancient Knowledge.

As for the Ancients ships, whether they're Ori, MW Alterans, or PG Alterans... its possible that they can modify the energy weapons on their ships to turn it into a disruptor weapon.

To protect against those Replicator missiles... don't forget about the Ancients shields tech. They can also fire a Drone or two to obliterate those Replicator missiles.

I'm not trying to desagree with you just for the fun of it but Reps had trouble handling Ascended knowledge, wich was from another level of understanding the universe as a whole. They understood Ashard tech pretty damm good and not to say Goa'uld tech, wich is derived from Ancient tech.
                  They made Apophis's ship to travel pretty fast. It was like making a dragster out of a VW Beetle, using the same components
                  If Reps would have understood the rest of the tech in the same way then WOW, there's no telling waht they would have done.
                  They had no chance to apply the knowledge gained. It was Ascended knowl they were getting, but if it contained some of Ancient knowl and if they weren't so greedy to get all of it it might have been bad. As for the ships...

Comment

I think it would go like this:

Ori Battleship
                    Alterran Battleship (Milkyway)
                    Aurora Class Lantean Battleship
                    Replicator Cruiser
                    Goa'uld Eye Flagship
                    The O'Neill
                    Modified Ha'tak (Anubis)
                    Asguard Mothership
                    Standard Ha'tak
                    Duddelus/Promethius
                    Wraith Hiveship (Without Darts)
                    Wraith Cruiser

I also strongly agree with the mysterious technological difference between Milky-Way and Pegusian Ancients. I placed the Ori Higher because they were the mainstream society from which the Alterrans came from meaning that they would have the primary technology and be able to increase their technology faster by using the mainstream-social advantage.

Comment

My list is almost like Pasankoons list.

Ori Battleship
                      Anubis's mothership.
                      Replicator Cruiser
                      The O'Neill class asgard ship.
                      Ha'tak (Anubis's shields)
                      Apophis's flagship. (The serpent's venom)
                      The Daniel Jackson class Asgard vessel.
                      Beliskner Class Asgard Mothership
                      Standard Ha'tak
                      Daedalus
                      Prometheus
                      Wraith Hiveship (Without Darts)
                      Wraith Cruiser
                      Al'kesh

We don't know enough about the ship which attacked the Prmetheus in "Grace" but it was more powerfull then the Prometheus at least. I also added Apophis's ship to the list and the Al'kesh since we have Anubis' ship and wraith cruiser.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

FURLING GALAXY DESTROYER!!!!!!1111oneone

Real list:

Ori Battleship
                        Replicator Cruiser
                        The O'Neill class asgard ship.
                        Anubis's mothership.
                        Ha'tak (Anubis's shields)
                        The Daniel Jackson class Asgard vessel.
                        Apophis's flagship. (The serpent's venom)
                        Beliskner Class Asgard Mothership
                        Standard Ha'tak
                        Daedalus
                        Wraith Hiveship
                        Prometheus
                        Wraith Cruiser
                        Al'kesh
                        Cargo Ship (Modified by O'Neill)

Comment

hmm what about the mystery ship in Season 5 episode 1 "Enemies" in which the explosion of the Sun blasts the cargo ship sg1 was in and Anubis's mothership into a distant galaxy. They show a ship firing upon Anubis's ship, for the second you see a glimpse of the ship it looks of ancient design. Was this meant to be a hint that the ancients are still around and alive in other galaxies?

Comment

No, if it were an ancients ship it wouldn't be overtaken by replicators. Some other powerful race that will come later on maybe (Furlings?).

Comment

Aurora wasn't a warship, please remember this.

My order is:

Replicator Ship (the one RepliCartor used)
                              Anubis Flag Ship
                              O'Neill Class Ship
                              Average Asgard Ship
                              Anubis' Hetaks
                              Deadie
                              Older Asgard Ships (Beliskner)
                              Hetak(normal/without Anubis' tech)
                              Prommie/Hive

Comment

Working...
                              X