Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else fell season 10 is changing too much? (A composition of a couple threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else fell season 10 is changing too much? (A composition of a couple threads)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

*According to what I have read, Vala will join the show (another cast change..and we were just getting used to Cam, Landry, Lam...i think it is too soon to introduce another full time cast member....even though season 9 has a little bit of Vala)

*According to other spoilers, there is a new enemy for season 10.......why? (I am JUST getting used to the presence of the Ori and getting wrapped up in their storyline...plus Atlantis might have a new bad guy...are TPTB going a little overboard?)

*Amanda Tapping will not be in SG-1 for all 20 episodes...she will have some crossovers to Atlantis but the "majority" is on SG-1 (might be 19 episodes...might be 11 episodes on SG-1)...hopefully this wont lead to another transition of Vala on to SG-1 and for Carter to go into the past, much like RDA (I was actually happy with all the changes of S9 of SG-1, but TPTB are getting a little too out of control with all these changes)

I hope that we dont have to spend the first half of season 10 to introduce ANOTHER new enemy and for Carter to be sent into the background...look at this way: if this show lasts 11 or even 12 seasons, the first 8 seasons will seem very smooth, but then seasons 9 and 10 will seem awkward compared to the rest of the show because of the introductions of so many characters and villians, and it will probably feel very rushed

*Just a note: As of Ripple Effect, I have been loving season 9!

Mmmmm... come to think of it... not really.
    School is overrated.

Comment

i think vala coming back is the BEST move ever. i loved that character to bits.

the new enemy is (highlighted spoiler)
      the lucian alliance, which is a sort of sub-enemy, not a big thing
      which is cool, that's going to add more depth to the show

if sam goes into the background then that would suck, yes.

and your point about season smoothness is so right. they really need to sort that out.
      I salute Stargate SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
        POSSIBLE SPOILERS

*According to what I have read, Vala will join the show (another cast change..and we were just getting used to Cam, Landry, Lam...i think it is too soon to introduce another full time cast member....even though season 9 has a little bit of Vala)

*According to other spoilers, there is a new enemy for season 10.......why? (I am JUST getting used to the presence of the Ori and getting wrapped up in their storyline...plus Atlantis might have a new bad guy...are TPTB going a little overboard?)

*Amanda Tapping will not be in SG-1 for all 20 episodes...she will have some crossovers to Atlantis but the "majority" is on SG-1 (might be 19 episodes...might be 11 episodes on SG-1)...hopefully this wont lead to another transition of Vala on to SG-1 and for Carter to go into the past, much like RDA (I was actually happy with all the changes of S9 of SG-1, but TPTB are getting a little too out of control with all these changes)

I hope that we dont have to spend the first half of season 10 to introduce ANOTHER new enemy and for Carter to be sent into the background...look at this way: if this show lasts 11 or even 12 seasons, the first 8 seasons will seem very smooth, but then seasons 9 and 10 will seem awkward compared to the rest of the show because of the introductions of so many characters and villians, and it will probably feel very rushed

Yes I agree. Changing out Landry and Mitchell were necessary and if they just did that it would have been fine. But then they add the unnecessary soap opra story of Lam (who could have been fine if they didnt add that useless element). And they created a new and very much uninteresting enemy. They could have created an enemy so much more interesting but they took the easy cop-out. And now instead of moving forward with what they have they decide to take another useless storyline that has been done on other TV shows and try to shove it into the Stargate methos. They are turning a great and unique show into just another scifi cliche.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Vala adds something to the show, a different persepective, that while some people dont like it, others do. She's sexual, hot and uses it to her advantage. Whether she'll be like this in s10 we dont know. She may well of changed during her time in ORI land and her child will effect her.

The new enemy I think you will find is infact something to do WITH the ORI, not a completly new enemy. OR if it is the Lucian Alliance then we've already met them, buggered them off (Off the grid). Personally I think the new enemy is the ORI foot soldiers themselves.

The reason Carter was sent into the background was because she'd popped and had a child, that, and that is the only reason. Yes Carter may not be in all 20 of the episodes. But trust TPTB. They'll do what they think is best.

----

Season 9 will of course of felt different, it threw us into a whole new fight that we never expected. One that even Daniel is scared of. A transisiton of change is always awkward, but it will soon fit into it. Personally I like the ORI, its a different thing, to them it is actually a holy war. They REALLY do believe the Alteran/Ancients are evil and that to me signifies their gonna be a kick ass bad guy.
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Not at all

Comment

I don't think bringing in Vala full time was solely down to the writers. They probably had pressure put on them from the big boys upstairs. Otherwise, how can you justify JM answering a question in his former thread a few months ago about Jonas. He said something of them needing to lose another cast member to pay for the wages or something like that. Now they have the extra cash to do it!

Personally I hate Vala & that annoying grin. Carter is much better in every department, so hope she's gone back to Ori land with her daughter permanently after S10 is over & done with.

The new enemy for both shows is a good move, it brings in an extra dimension to both shows. The only thing about the SG-1 enemy is that they are related somehow to the Ori. Which is a bit of a kicker. They will porobably be brought in because the Ori cannot come into this galaxy themselves yet, then the followers will be the same with their preaching etc & permanent base into this galaxy.

Somehow SG-1 will stop them & manage to block or destroy their beach head. Then the new enemy will come into play, because it's easier to write them in as they will probably be from this galaxy already. Most likely the Ori will give them lots of cool stuff to act as their warriors for them.

The Atlantis enemy, is a fantastic addition. Especially if they make them hate Humans & the Wraith together.

Over all, I like what they've done, with the exception of Vala as a full time member of the team.

Comment

I don't really feel next season will be changing too much. So, we'll have Vala practically the whole season instead of just six episodes. And as for the "new" enemy, I'm sure he/she/they will simply be a thorn in our sides compared to the Ori.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

According to what I have read, Vala will join the show...

... new enemy for season 10....

...Amanda Tapping will not be in SG-1 for all 20 eps...
                  It'll still have most of the stuff in it that made me like the show in the first place. Two of the changes you mention are additions, and one is a subtraction but probably only a small one.

I'm not bothered by the sound of these developments. I'll wait and see. Like you I'm enjoying s9, so I'll be going into s10 expecting to like that too, I reckon.

Madeleine

Comment

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I am very worried about the changes this season and the next!
                    I have always loved the team chemistry! IMO it's what set's the show apart from some of the other shows. The team has been sadly missing this year. I think the changes you mentioned will continue to hamper and change the dynamics of the show. I dread s10.

I loved Ripple Effect (so far my favorite in s9)! It had a hint of what SG-1
                    use to be for me.

Comment

it's needed 10 years is a long time with same ol same ol

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                        I am very worried about the changes this season and the next!
                        I have always loved the team chemistry! IMO it's what set's the show apart from some of the other shows. The team has been sadly missing this year. I think the changes you mentioned will continue to hamper and change the dynamics of the show. I dread s10.

I loved Ripple Effect (so far my favorite in s9)! It had a hint of what SG-1
                        use to be for me.
                        God, season 9 has been brilliant! I cant believe some people STILL want to see the same thing! the Goauld, Jack, "the team". The team aint Jack, Daniel, Sam and Tealc anymore. Its Daniel, Sam, Cameron and Tealc, soon to also have Vala! Plus, The ori could kick the goauld and replicators to a damn pulp! For god sake, DEAL WITH IT! The old stuff was getting boring! Its a great new show!

Comment

You know what, just consider the season 10 changes a minor tune-up to what we've already experienced. The hard part is over. The Ori are now setup as our new main baddy. Also, Mitchell and Landry now feel like part of the team to me, so the season 10 changes don't bug me too much.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you go to the season ten section and go below for the news, they are thinking of introducing another new character who will have a big role in next season....as long as it is only a guest star i am fine with it

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you go to the season ten section and go below for the news, they are thinking of introducing another new character who will have a big role in next season....as long as it is only a guest star i am fine with it
                              Yeah a new Gerak level character - someone to further the plot
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X