PDA

View Full Version : The Batman Begins Series of Movies

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DownFallAngel
July 20th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Is anyone looking foward to checking this movie out!?

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 10:55 AM
I'm not a big fan of the new actor playing the part, was it something bale? Forgot his first name, but i guess its one of those movies i'll be watch anyways:D

Bast
July 20th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Only if Eminem plays Robin!

D.C.
July 20th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I've never liked Batman. This new one could have potential though. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 04:23 PM
What potential do you see DC?

DownFallAngel
July 20th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Why would Robin be played by Marshall Matthers?

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Hehe, that reminds me of his music video he did with a batman/robin little scene :D

July 20th, 2004, 06:40 PM
i've seen some pics of Batmobile....looks pretty cool!

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Here are some pictures http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808490910&cf=pstills of Batman Begins, and there is one of the Batmobile, looks like a tank ;) Haha :)

Torley
July 21st, 2004, 12:19 AM
The new Batmobile definitely looks like a tank. After the over-the-top unpleasant hamminess of the last two ones, I'm looking forward to this. My favorite one is Batman Returns though, mostly because of Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman... meow!!

DownFallAngel
July 21st, 2004, 05:19 AM
I think the new batmobile looks really cool.

Yea, this new CATWOMAN movie looks like two thumbs down....way down.

Bast
July 21st, 2004, 06:55 AM
Its gonna bomb!No matter how good it is!

Every incarnation of batman since Batman and Robin flop has failed, I was desapointed Birds of Prey was canceld , I think people have stereotyped the batman universe completely and wont give it a chance.

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 07:09 AM
Well i think after teh first episode of Birds of Prey, people thought the show was kind of bad, while the minority of the fans still loved thes how, which i thought was nice, but i wasn't one of those people. Because i knew people were hoping for a good batman related show in a long time, unfortunately, the ratings died after the first episode, or two...

DownFallAngel
July 21st, 2004, 02:42 PM
That show needed some help, real bad. I hate how they try to make the DC universe like MARVEL's, introducing that Bang Bang/MetaHuman CRAP was a wrong move.

"Listen up people, you all can't get your powers like the FLASH!"

Anyway, I thought it would have been better, if:

1. She had the damn grappler.
2. She had the batmobile or something like it.
3. Batgirl wasn't paralyzed.
4. No METAHUMAN/Bang-Baby Stuff.

If you get rid of that, and focus on the older enemies of Batman trying to come back and take over gotham, like Two-Face and the scarecrow,l it would have done well. They should have made a Legion Of Evil (just making this up) which had the Joker as the boss, then Two-Face and Scarecrow as the next level down, then Harley, Bane and the Riddler on the final level. Then have Huntress fight each one each season. Like Seaosn 1 was harley, then season two could have been Bane. And weave stor lines into that. That would have worked out well.

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 05:28 PM
I know how you feel Downfall, when they introduced meta humans and such, i was kind of dissapointed, although i understood maybe why they did it, but still unsure :S

DownFallAngel
July 21st, 2004, 06:34 PM
We gotta get you a nickname man...cause typing out littlemiguelkr is to long....from now on you're....Boots...or something we'll figure it out.

But yea, Static Shock killed the DC universe. Thank goodness CN/AS made Justice League/Justice Leage: Unlimited. Cause that leaves out the metahumans.

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 07:10 PM
Some ppl on these boards just simply say 'lmj' haha...

Although i like Marval, because yah, i just do, i would like DC to not have yes, what we have been saying, "metahumans", but anyways, yes Justice League is what makes me still like DC, and i'm happy they made Justice League Unlimited, bringing in so much more DC superheros, every week :)

DownFallAngel
July 21st, 2004, 07:17 PM
I still haven't seen Star Cross 1 & 2....and I even set the tv reminder!!! AHAHA!

Is it just me...or should this movie be called BATMAN: BEGININGS??

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 07:22 PM
I guess because its about when he actually started becoming 'batman'? Haha... Me don't know :S

DownFallAngel
July 21st, 2004, 07:30 PM
Oh, I found this site dedicated to the new Batman Animated Series, that is going to premier, wither this winter, or next srping, depending on the WB and what not. It almost leads into Batman Begins.

http://www.legionsofgotham.org/Batman.html

Worth a look.

July 21st, 2004, 08:38 PM
LMJ, im jsut gonna calle you LittleOne lol....it's just that your names starts with Little...hehe
anyway...more info on the movie and new news: http://movies.go.com/movies/B/batmanbegins_2004/index.html

new batmobile loks pretty awsome...something like hammer, lol....anyway i'm probably gonna like it! and catwoman looks pretty good to me!

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 09:47 PM
Catwoman does look interesting, although i wasn't to 'wowed' by the special effects shown in one of the previews where she jumps out of the building, and while in the air shes all moving all weird, kind freakish -like :S

DownFallAngel
July 22nd, 2004, 03:11 PM
I don't know...it doesn't even use the charcter of Selena Kyle. Its some Patcience chick...

jsw
June 15th, 2005, 09:59 PM
those who saw it. what did you think of it. I liked the characters I thought bale did better then expected. Katie hoolmes was weak as the love interest. I did think it was stupid the prison camp thing. I liked the ending looking forward to the next one. Is batman back on track now?

Hatcheter
June 15th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Big thumbs up, this was better than any and all of the previous franchise. A true origin story for Batman, with the villians playing second fiddle (as opposed to the previos series of films, that were more interested in the baddies). I already can't wait for the next one (and there will be more. Who should play the Joker?).

Flyboy
June 15th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Havent seen it, yet it looks great. Next one? Surely they already have the Joker film in the format of "Batman" I was under the impression that this would fit in with the other films, and face it, who other than Jack Nicholas (or is it Nicholson?) could really pull of that roll?

BackStageJim
June 16th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I see why Katie Holmes hooked up with Cruise ... she is easyly forgotten in this Batman release. She looks like a child next to Bale/Bruce/Batman.

Bale did well enough, he made up for Clooney and he didn't need a padded muscle suit to pull of Batman. Micael Caine is the best Alfred .. very funny and gives the best wisearsh remarks.

Morgan Freeman, excellent as hidden asset to Bruce.
Hauer and Oldman, equall good in their roles.
Liem Neeson, better then any supervillian.

FitzFG
June 16th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I thought it was extremely well done. Better than the Spiderman series but not quite as good as X-men. Bale did a perfect job capturing the multiple sides of Bruce Wayne. He was joined by an awesome supporting cast(Caine in particular was perfect as the butler). A previous post described Holmes as being relatively weak. I thought she did an excellent job portraying her character. Unlike Spiderman, the "love interest" in this movie took more of a sideline and her character had much more to do with the plot than just being "Wayne's girl". She also had perfect chemistry with Bale. My one semi-major gripe is that some of the fight scenes were filmed in too close. It seemed like a melee of bodies and I couldn't always tell what was happening in the fight(other than that Batman was owning :D ) Also, while Nicholson did do a good job with the Joker in the past, I am looking forward to seeing how they pull it off in this remodelled series that is trying to be mostly realistic(and yes...the ending of the movie strongly implies that the Joker will be a major factor in the sequel that I hope will be filmed).

Basic point...Batman Begins is a must see. I will definitely be buying this when it comes out on DVD and might even go see it in the theaters a couple more times.

Ancient 1
June 16th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Seeing this movie is definitely on my "to do" list. This should have been THE first movie; introducing us to the creation of the character in much the same way it was done with Spiderman. The previous films only made a 'bassackwards' attempt to teach us anything about the man behind the mask.

tsaxlady
June 16th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Two thumbs up!!!! I loved it and plan on going to see it again with a friend that has not seen the movie yet.

It was so refreshing to see a Batman movie finally that does a decent job of going into the back story of hwo Bruce Wayne becames Batman.

Strong cast all around.

There are plans for two more movies with the next having the Joker as the major villian. I look forward to the next one

Elwe Singollo
June 16th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I see why Katie Holmes hooked up with Cruise ... she is easyly forgotten in this Batman release. She looks like a child next to Bale/Bruce/Batman.

Bale did well enough, he made up for Clooney and he didn't need a padded muscle suit to pull of Batman. Micael Caine is the best Alfred .. very funny and gives the best wisearsh remarks.

Morgan Freeman, excellent as hidden asset to Bruce.
Hauer and Oldman, equall good in their roles.
Liem Neeson, better then any supervillian.Oh wow, kate does looks a bit 'young'!

Ace
June 17th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Fantastic film... can't wait to see it again!

Ace

Taonas
June 17th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Amazing, absolutely amazing this movie was!

Liam Nesson, best Batman villian ever! Not because he had some evil laugh, not because he had a diabolical plan for evil, but because he truly believe what he was doing was right! Those are the best kind of villains!

Micheal Caine was great as Alfred. Cudos to everyone else, but those two are my favourite :p

defina91rvc
June 17th, 2005, 03:56 PM
on a scale of one to ten, i'd give this a strong 8. it was very well done, loved how they are reinventing the franchise (ie. the new look to the batmobile...etc), loved the plot, ending and characters,. bale was excellent as wayne, but katie holmes was a bit weak. liam neilson was strong in his role. cant wait for the next.

I thought it was extremely well done. Better than the Spiderman series but not quite as good as X-men.

i disagree with that. it may have been as good as spiderman, but it was def better then
X-Men

yaaayoubetcha
June 17th, 2005, 06:04 PM
i'd give it a powerful 9 outta 10.

the only thing i did not like about it was the setup for the boy to become Robin.

sidekicks work better in comics than on the screen. hopefully they don't go that route.

i was pleasantly surprised to see Oldman and Hauer in their roles. like em both and neither get enough screentime.

while i liked the origin and the team up of scarecrow and ras al ghul, i'm hoping the next one focuses only on the Joker.

they tried to show the remoteness of Bruce Wayne....the need to be alone to protect those around him...and Bale did a good job....but Holmes was just flat. She was fun to look at, but they should have gotten somebody better and a few years older.

might actullay go see it again.

Jarnin
June 17th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Tim Burton made Batman films in a time when comic books were considered kiddie stuff. He was able to bring the franchise into a darker, more adult realm, but both Batman and Batman Returns were still kiddie films, with adult overtones.

Joel Schumacher took what Tim Burton had created and destroyed it. Instead of trying to make his movies follow the comic, he decided to pay hommage to the series from the 60's, which ultimately ended the Batman franchise for 8 years.

Christopher Nolan has brought the franchise back to its basics. He's successfully made this film look and feel realistic, while still remaining true to the comics.

The only downsides to Batman Begins? Katie Holms was basically a damsel in distress. I really hate weak female characters, and I think that her character could have been more realistically protrayed.
Also, the "microwave beam" was complete crap; I mean, a box the size of a refrigerator is supposedly capable of vaporizing liquid water instantly, yet people (who are made of 85% water) were able to walk around it while it was activated without a problem. Total science fiction, but I suppose it was a needed plot device.

What works? The Tumbler, also known as the new Batmobile, is totally awesome. When I first saw it, I didn't know what to think, but after seeing it in action, I'm sold.
The Scarecrow was an excellent bad guy; the scenes of people under the influence of his hallucinogen were scarey and well done.
I think the best part of this movie is that they didn't kill off all the bad guys; I mean, the big boss man was taken care of, but all the others were able to slip away giving this movie the staying power it needs to bring them back in the future.
And then there was the bit at the end, with Lieutenant Gorden handing Batman a clue to the next big bad; a playing card with a familiar name.

I give Batman Begins 8 out of 10, and I can't wait to see the next one.

Jarnin
June 17th, 2005, 06:28 PM
the only thing i did not like about it was the setup for the boy to become Robin.

sidekicks work better in comics than on the screen. hopefully they don't go that route.
I don't think the kid was supposed to be a set up, just a kid. Hopefully they'll leave Robin out of this series for a while, because to tell the truth, I just think it'd detract from the coolness that is Batman.

Bast
June 18th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Unless they had the Jason Todd "Robin" , The one in which Joker Dismembers to destroy Batman emotionally it would be a huge plot twist and shocker and please the "anti robin" crowd.

I think Batman needs to remain Solo with perhaps some allies, But no partners.

Id like to see the Comissioner Gordon alliance develope better then those 4 movies were able to do, The old batman films made him look powerless and incompitent completely dependant on batman. They had a vital partnership Batman did him a favor Gordon then did batman a favor ,Gordon was Batmans inside information source in knowing what the authorities knew and helping Batman get have someone cover the rear.

I think they need to continue to "reinterpret" Batman , The universe goes through changes and twists every generation so its about time to make a new Dark knight for the 21st century.

TheWarrior
June 18th, 2005, 07:42 AM
I've just skimmed through this thread - some news over in the UK papers were that Luke Skywalker himself - Mark Hammil is odds on to play "The Joker"! :rolleyes: :eek:

Bast
June 18th, 2005, 08:56 PM
He voiced the Joker in numerous Batman animated tv series and VG , Mark Hamill has a damn good Joker Voice, Its just the face.The need to have harley quinn this time as a hencewomen thats one thing Tim Burtons "batman" didnt have.

http://freeweb.supereva.com/alexworld21/foto/joker/joker1gr.jpg

http://mp-shoot.com/renaissance/images/2003/july28/Joker_Harley.JPG

As a plot device Harley who is secretly the mistress of the Joker is Bruce Wayne's shrink , Tries to get inside Bruces head and extract information eventually will put some into his head later.

Who should play Harley?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1116989/

Her only acting experience is playing a blue twilek Jedi girl in episode II & III.

Major Tyler
June 18th, 2005, 10:35 PM
An enthusiastic thumbs up! This was the best Batman movie I have ever seen, and I've seen them all. The bad guys actually had a believeable reason for wanting to destry Gotham! It wasn't at all campy like most of the others...no neon or ridiculousness. Christian Bale did an amazing job!

Matt G
June 19th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Thumbs up this end. Got to know Bruce Wayne better than I did do previously and the action was class! Surprised Alfred had as big a role as he did.

Bast
June 19th, 2005, 06:47 PM
So should we have Mark Hamil next as "Jack Napier aka The Joker".

Mark Hamil has been desperate to break off the "Luke Skywalker" typecasting for years, He is a exceptionally talented actor it was because of him and Harrison Ford starwars didnt become "Dorkwars" if those lousy scripts will actually followed to the letter which they didnt do which is how they got the part.

But Hamil unlike Ford has tossed out of any good roles since , Harrison manage to break thanks to Indiana Jones.

The roles he has been abled to get last decade have been "voice" work were he can still act and get roles since he doesnt have too play it in person, His biggest success was playing the Joker in the Batman animated series and later animated Batman dark knight series.

So he is very experienced with the role , Loves admires the character since he gets to explore the darker side of things far away from the stereotype goodie boy "Lukes Skywalker. Playing a villain that Mark says can be best described half Hanibal Lecter and half Jerry lee lewis is exactly what he needs to shake off the shackles of his typecasting and renew is long stalled acting career.

thorshammer
June 20th, 2005, 07:33 AM
This movies is awsome! I just saw it yesterday! Cool story, cool villian, cool special effects, cool every thing! One of my fav part is when you see Batman when the guy that invented the poision is druged.

Jonas
June 20th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Awesome Movie! Ive seen it twice now. Christian Bale was great as Batman. Gary Oldman was a great Gordan. It was nice to see him acturately portrayed as well, since the previous movies did horribly. The cast was so good and I didnt have a problem with Katie Holmes except for towards the end. This is definately the most faithful adapation of Batman yet and I hope the first of many to come. Two thumbs Way Up!

And I'm all for Mark Hammil as The Joker!

impulsivelad
June 20th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I still think Spiderman 2 is the best super hero movie. But I loved this movie… I was expecting it to be just okay but it was really fantastic. I liked the first half (Bruce as a boy, the training, him returning to Gotham) more than the second half (actual Batman stuff) but over all it was a great movie. I thought Katie Holms wasn’t going to work, cause you can’t really shoehorn a love interest into the BatMythos, but they handled her perfectly and at the end she understood what the deal was (between them) without him having to tell her. Alfred and Lucius were spot on.

impulsivelad
June 20th, 2005, 10:55 AM

I think you're reading too much into it. There was no indication that that kid was going to become Robin. The color of his shirt (and undershirt) was simply a nod to the boy wonder. Nothing else.

Also about the Joker... Australian actor Lachy Hulme's rumoured for the role.

http://ffmedia.ign.com/batman/image/lachy_hulme_1089249000.jpg

FoolishPleasure
June 20th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Christian Bale was the kid in "Empire of the Sun" long ago and carried the whole movie. If you haven't seen it. . rent it. .its great.

The issue of where Robin came from was dealt with in the second Batman film, I believe. As for the Joker. .does anyone really think they can best Jack Nicholson? :rolleyes:

Easter Lily
June 20th, 2005, 07:23 PM
What a fabulous film... I want to see it again!
I knew it was going to be good and it was... Christian Bale is brilliant as I thought he would be.
I loved Spiderman 2 but I think this is a better paced film... The first part of the film was very moving... I can't believe that I had a bit of a sob... in a movie about a superhero... :eek:

The only person I wasn't too sure about Katie Holmes but she did alright... Thank God for no screaming. My only complaint is that she's probably a bit too young looking for the part.

Easter Lily
June 20th, 2005, 08:05 PM
As for the Joker. .does anyone really think they can best Jack Nicholson? :rolleyes:

Maybe not... But maybe they can do it differently... ;)

One thing I really liked about the villians in this Batman movie is that they don't really have to ham it up... They are all intense (and in their own way, nut jobs) but they believe in what they are doing and are hell bent on doing it. They wear a mask of respectability but they are so driven by their own rightness that they have no room for reflection. These are the kinds of people who make good terrorists...
Larger than life villians have their place... but it's the quiet, respectable ones that really terrify me...

Immy
June 20th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I really loved this film, best IMHO Batman film so far. I liked how it was more focused on Batman then the villans. The previous films wasted the character of Wayne, they never really explored the duality of his personality or what made him different from just being a vigilante. I think this time they've got it right :D

I also have to say that I loved Scarecrow, Cillian Murphy did a great job. I loved that final shot of him on the horse, hope he comes back for another film :D

Easter Lily
June 20th, 2005, 08:33 PM
I think you've hit the nail on the head there, Imo... about the movie being more about Batman than the previous ones. Probably that is why it has ended up being a much better film overall. I think the larger than life villians were allowed to take over those earlier films, which was a mistake. The focus should have always been on the hero.

Immy
June 20th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I think thats why the Spiderman films have been so good aswell. Eventhough the Spidy villans were more OTT, the hero was still the main focus of the story.

IMForeman
June 20th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Two thumbs way up. It's still not as good as the Kevin Conroy Batman, but it's damned close.

-IMF

Easter Lily
June 20th, 2005, 08:44 PM
I mean, who doesn't want to see more Christian Bale right? Although Cillian Murphy is pretty easy on the eyes as well. ;) But I suspect we'll see him again.

The thing is, Christian Bale looks like he really wants to be Batman. He's got all the right energy... and one feels that he's invested himself in this. His predecessors, on the other hand, looked liked they wanted to be elsewhere.

I also found it interesting that they got Liam Neeson to be this counter Qui Gon persona...

While the whole movie had various shades of darkness, I felt that there was always an underlying sense of humour going through it. And the dialogue... What good dialogue can't do for a film!

Immy
June 20th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I was surprised by how good Michael Caine was as Alfred, I was a bit iffy before hand with his casting, he seemed to big of a name. But he was perfect. It was really obvious how much he cared for Bruce, especially in the scene after the car chase, when he questioned Bruce if he was just in it for the thrill.

Easter Lily
June 20th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Michael Caine knows how to be understated... ;)
But as you say... he was great... the film's sense of humour...

Bast
June 20th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I think they need to get Ace the Bathound back , While maybe not as Batmans little helper but maybe "Bruce Waynes".

He would guard Wayne Manor maul intruders , Maybe keep Batman company in the cave on those lonely nights.

Ace the Bathound was in the 40's-50's golden age comics , His collectibles are prized highly valued possesions.

http://www.thecharlieman.com/back_to_other_d3.htm

Ace has been reintroduced in the Cartoon "batman beyond" as well sort of as a dobberman.

Batman had taken in Ace as a adopted pet since the poor pouch was forced into the dangerous sport of pit fighting and forced to fight other dogs to the death in the arena for sport.

Gordon and Batman busted the operation and rescued the dogs, Ace had taken a likeing to Batman or Bruce Wayne and kept following him around eventually the two bounded.

"krypto" supermans dog has come back in "Smallville" why not?

It would pay homage to classic Batman without any campy corny stuff.

My take on what the "Joker should be" , While the man behind the makeup was a former night club comedic "Jack napier" who did jobs for the mafia and its houncho "Carmine Falcone" doing mock up distractions in public so the gangsters could do bank heists dressed as clown for Carmines grandson,Jack's career as a on stage comedic didnt go to well as his bizzare "humour" just waisnt accepted by the audience so he got "boo's" beer bottles tossed at him and was humiliated , Angerd and fustrated decided to gun down the night club the following night with tommy gun laughing hysterically while doing it.

Jack got busted , Arrested for premeditated murder but thanks to our good freind Dr Crane "scarecrow" he was declared "insane" and sent to Arkam assylum were he got the treatment we witnessed in BB.

But lucky for him a secret admirer of his who unlike everyone else had taken to his sick demented humour on stage , Had given him the antidote to the hallucingenic drug Dr Cranes asistant Dr Harley Quin.

While the hole Ra'as'Ghul crisis happend in the city his sympathetic secret admirer and psycologist "Harley Quin" smuggled him out of the looney bin and had taken him to a safe hideout.

Jack Napier sufferd some perminant damage from the drug and as such was now twisted even more then before , Knowing that Carmine Falcone is out of the way he had dreams and ambitions of taken over "Gotham" criminal underworld much less torture and maime Dr Crane, So jack put on his new Persona "The Joker" and morphed his appearence as a diabolic clown, "Harley Quin" changed her appearence as well to go along with her lover.

Easter Lily
June 21st, 2005, 03:56 AM
Yes... I heard the rumour that Mark Hamil was tipped to play The Joker... I've seen bits and pieces of the animated series and never realised that it was him! A lot of people have said that he doesn't quite look the part but I don't think that matters, does it?... It's more important that he "sounds" the part, I think. These days, with a bit of cosmetics and latex, anyone can look like anything..

I am also tickled by the idea of Johnny Depp or Crispin Glover playing The Joker.

Bast
June 21st, 2005, 07:39 AM
No distracting big wig gimme actors that will like ruin the role just like what happend in batman & robin, Besides save money on the budget dont waste cash just to get "johnn depp" or "Jude Law" when you can get a more talented actor for less, Save it to blow stuff up, Those other actors are a distraction because you see "jude law" and not the character.

Jude Law roles as of late like Sky captain of have been abysmal!

Christian Bale is a incredible actor , I was already a fan since equiliberium and handeled this one quite well, You can tell he was satisfied with the role as a actor, Not just as a crazy fan who wants to be Batman and put on the suite and prance.

Mark Hamil isnt a geek fanboy he is part of the DC universe appearing at conventions and so fourth,For him he admires the character and enthusiatic about it, He gave up his acting role on a sucessful tv show so he could play in starwars a film at that time waisnt certain to be a sucess but "Mark" had faith and sacrificed for it he is dedicated.

For him this chance is a opportunity to break out of the obscurity of type casting, He could lead to revival of Mark Hamils career past starwars.

Easter Lily
June 21st, 2005, 01:26 PM
Equilibrium was one very cool film... :D
But I actually liked Sky Captain... ;)

I don't know if big name actors were the problem or that the previous director allowed the villians to, quite literally, take over the film. The beauty of this film is that it focused on the story and on the characters and allowed that them to interact naturally. There were a number of big name actors in this film like Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Rutger Hauer and Morgan Freeman so I don't think the name is the problem as much as the acting or directing.

BackStageJim
June 22nd, 2005, 08:58 AM
I hope that "Batman-Bale" does at least two more flicks. Also, that TPTB will have 'superhero' type work with him, but not ROBIN! The newer fans of BATMAN lore need to understand the darkside of the Dark Knight before they are exposed to the nipple suit films.

Oh, ya, sorry ... No BatGirl/Woman. It just makes too many bats in the bell tower.

And, even if Jack Nickolas is 'too' old to play the Joker .... he is the only one who can.

Easter Lily
June 22nd, 2005, 03:10 PM
I hope that "Batman-Bale" does at least two more flicks. Also, that TPTB will have 'superhero' type work with him, but not ROBIN! The newer fans of BATMAN lore need to understand the darkside of the Dark Knight before they are exposed to the nipple suit films.
The rumour is that Nolan envisages a trilogy and that everyone has signed up for the sequel except for Katie Holmes who has managed to annoy TPTB with her Tom gushing.
I am really pleased that we finally have a Batman movie that is... surprise, surprise about Batman... ;)

And, even if Jack Nickolas is 'too' old to play the Joker .... he is the only one who can.
Well, I'm not entirely convinced by that... but I'm interested to see who they'll pick..

Bast
June 22nd, 2005, 03:28 PM

Oh, ya, sorry ... No BatGirl/Woman. It just makes too many bats in the bell tower.

Some people have said robbin williams since he was the runner up to Nicholson then, He was pissed he was used to bait nicholson and never came back even when they offerd him Riddler.

But since Chris Nolan worked with Williams in Insomnia , He is the only director who had the balls to risk Williams playing the role which actually helped it because it kept you confused , He Managed to make Williams actually creepy.

I think Williams might be willing to return since "Nolan" is doing it they have worked together before.

I think either Robin Williams, Mark Hamil, Cripsin Glover.

I think Batman needs to remain Solo in the next film , We havent seen enough of him and developed the Gordon relationship to start to get crowded with other characters so soon would screw it.

There should be no Robin , "Robin" is a element of campiness and that kills off Batman uber darkness and leaves the franchise open to "joe schmucks" to ruin it.

To me it should be "Jason Todd" not Dick Grayson , Nightwing not Robin, The character should be a african american played someone like DMX or maybe younger , Id like to see this guy not a "younger" kid to Batman but a equal or just a loosecanon vilgilante rogue that Batman tries to mold , Maybe Lucious Fox nefue or somthing.

Id like to think of this new Jason Todd , Sort of a former gang member trying to take revenge on his former rival gangsters the street gangs responsible for the attacks and violence freitening the street in his neighborhood selling drugs and turning the place to ****. He would be a street brawler vehicle of choice is a motocycle as he is obessed with speed , His attack style is a baseball bat or swinging pointed chains hooking folks from behind.

This Nightwing has distrust of Bruce Wayne since to him he is just a spoilt rich white guy who gives crock charity to look good, Hates Cops dislikes Gordon, He would give a typical comment like : Batman like the Cops only cares for white neighborhoods never gave a **** about the crap here in the projects man to him were all gang banging drug pushers hoods we niggaz are all the same to them!! "Us folks have to fend for ourselves cause nobody else will".

Nightwing Jason Todd would get into trouble for beating the crap out of a corrupt racist cops, Who nearly beat to death some black kid .

Jason Todd is street smart dude just trying to survive the worse slums areas in gotham trying to protect his mother and younger sister, Trying to clean the nieghborhood. He wont be a stupid carny or annoying ****** , Id like to see him like a MalcolmX meets martin Lurther King but put into Superhero context Batman is a symbol I think his partner should be the same but more specific.

Racism or just the usual bottom feeder improverishment real social issues have never been converd in Batman, I want it to be more relevant to today and not the 1950's segregationist world were a black person couldnt even appear on a comic unless he had a broomstick sweeping the floor, I want a hero that would reach to out minorities but also give a role model and promote unity for humanity , I want a hero that has his own flaws and faults that he will learn to overcome and break the rascial divide were we have total fair wide outreach to all in the spirit of Martin Luther King, When he said I have a dream he didnt just mean it solely for blacks he meant for everyone being one people one family working together.

continuing on with the story.

Batman gives chase but then realize what happend and then changes course and tries to protect Jason Todd giving him assylum in his manor, tries to settle the distrust between them,Jason Todd gets reacqauinted with his uncle Lucious Fox , Jason mom had history with her brother Lucious , But comes to settle it sort of welcomes a male role model figure and family in his life like uncle Lucious , With a arrest warrant on Jason head , Wayne knows he cant go back as Jason Todd, Lucious gives Jason his own gear like Batman , Jason basis his new persona after his old defunct gang street name "Nightwing",The Raven becomes his symbol.

Bruce trains and hooms Jasons fighting skills sort of the way "Ducard" started Bruce Wayne except Wayne wants to train a fighter not a killer.

This Nightwing wont have a "distinguished cape" nore that dinky zorro mask Batman had a reason for it, In order to glide and have the scary Bat features.

Nightwing should look more Ninja like with some "Biker" in it with a Bandana, A Katana sword and can do huge stunts with his Bike Id gather Lucious would make a him a "another high tech custom prototype" tumbler job ,Nitres packs on his motorbike for sure.

Vorlon-1
June 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Some people have said robbin williams since he was the runner up to Nicholson then, He was pissed he was used to bait nicholson and never came back even when they offerd him Riddler.

But since Chris Nolan worked with Williams in Insomnia , He is the only director who had the balls to risk Williams playing the role which actually helped it because it kept you confused , He Managed to make Williams actually creepy.

I think Williams might be willing to return since "Nolan" is doing it they have worked together before.

I think either Robin Williams, Mark Hamil, Cripsin Glover.

I think Batman needs to remain Solo in the next film , We havent seen enough of him and developed the Gordon relationship to start to get crowded with other characters so soon would screw it.

There should be no Robin , "Robin" is a element of campiness and that kills off Batman uber darkness and leaves the franchise open to "joe schmucks" to ruin it.

To me it should be "Jason Todd" not Dick Grayson , Nightwing not Robin, The character should be a african american played someone like DMX or maybe younger , Id like to see this guy not a "younger" kid to Batman but a equal or just a loosecanon vilgilante rogue that Batman tries to mold , Maybe Lucious Fox nefue or somthing.

Id like to think of this new Jason Todd , Sort of a former gang member trying to take revenge on his former rival gangsters the street gangs responsible for the attacks and violence freitening the street in his neighborhood selling drugs and turning the place to ****. He would be a street brawler vehicle of choice is a motocycle as he is obessed with speed , His attack style is a baseball bat or swinging pointed chains hooking folks from behind.

This Nightwing has distrust of Bruce Wayne since to him he is just a spoilt rich white guy who gives crock charity to look good, Hates Cops dislikes Gordon, He would give a typical comment like : Batman like the Cops only cares for white neighborhoods never gave a **** about the crap here in the projects man to him were all gang banging drug pushers hoods we niggaz are all the same to them!! "Us folks have to fend for ourselves cause nobody else will".

Nightwing Jason Todd would get into trouble for beating the crap out of a corrupt racist cops, Who nearly beat to death some black kid .

Jason Todd is street smart dude just trying to survive the worse slums areas in gotham trying to protect his mother and younger sister, Trying to clean the nieghborhood. He wont be a stupid carny or annoying ****** , Id like to see him like a MalcolmX meets martin Lurther King but put into Superhero context Batman is a symbol I think his partner should be the same but more specific.

Racism or just the usual bottom feeder improverishment real social issues have never been converd in Batman, I want it to be more relevant to today and not the 1950's segregationist world were a black person couldnt even appear on a comic unless he had a broomstick sweeping the floor, I want a hero that would reach to out minorities but also give a role model and promote unity for humanity , I want a hero that has his own flaws and faults that he will learn to overcome and break the rascial divide were we have total fair wide outreach to all in the spirit of Martin Luther King, When he said I have a dream he didnt just mean it solely for blacks he meant for everyone being one people one family working together.

continuing on with the story.

Batman gives chase but then realize what happend and then changes course and tries to protect Jason Todd giving him assylum in his manor, tries to settle the distrust between them,Jason Todd gets reacqauinted with his uncle Lucious Fox , Jason mom had history with her brother Lucious , But comes to settle it sort of welcomes a male role model figure and family in his life like uncle Lucious , With a arrest warrant on Jason head , Wayne knows he cant go back as Jason Todd, Lucious gives Jason his own gear like Batman , Jason basis his new persona after his old defunct gang street name "Nightwing",The Raven becomes his symbol.

Bruce trains and hooms Jasons fighting skills sort of the way "Ducard" started Bruce Wayne except Wayne wants to train a fighter not a killer.

This Nightwing wont have a "distinguished cape" nore that dinky zorro mask Batman had a reason for it, In order to glide and have the scary Bat features.

Nightwing should look more Ninja like with some "Biker" in it with a Bandana, A Katana sword and can do huge stunts with his Bike Id gather Lucious would make a him a "another high tech custom prototype" tumbler job ,Nitres packs on his motorbike for sure.

Good read :thumbsup:

Bast
June 23rd, 2005, 03:49 AM
;)

BruTak
June 24th, 2005, 06:49 AM
I saw the movie last Saturday afternoon. Two big thumbs up from me, and two paws up from my sidekick Cheeky the Monkey. :)

Loved the look of it. Especially the shot of Batman just standing on top of the skyscraper, while the camera panned round him - not a CG shot BTW, it was a real stunt guy, cabled to the building while the camera flew past in a helicopter. :eek:
Loved the new Batmobile - "Can you at least tell me what he's driving?" :D

Who should play the Joker? Simple - Ray Liotta, no question. :cool:

Immy
June 24th, 2005, 06:36 PM
wow can't believe I didn't think of Ray Liotta, he'd be perfect :D

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Possibly... I don't know...
They've done a fair bit of casting against type in BB... so anyone with any acting chops is fair game really...

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Finally... someone I know has seen the film! She thought it was very good... in her words... "much better than Star Wars" :p But she was really impressed with Christian Bale and his ability to portray Bruce Wayne and Batman as separate entities.

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Finally... someone I know has seen the film! She thought it was very good... in her words... "much better than Star Wars" :p But she was really impressed with Christian Bale and his ability to portray Bruce Wayne and Batman as separate entities.
That what I realy loved about the film. Other superhero films haven't portrayed the duality of the the character, their just the same person wearing a mask.

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 01:56 AM
That what I realy loved about the film. Other superhero films haven't portrayed the duality of the the character, their just the same person wearing a mask.

There's been some criticism of Bale not gettting the Batman aspect right... Now I haven't read any Batman comics but I thought he was pretty terrifying especially in the Flass interrogation scene.... "Swear to Me!" I liked his raspy voice which some have criticised but I thought that it gave him a slightly more bestial edge.
I mean, the guy made me care about Bruce Wayne/Batman... which has almost never happened before.

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 02:28 AM
I didn't mind his voice, it made sense to me that Wayne would try to disguise his voice. My friend didn't like it though, she said he sounded to much like the George Clooney Batman.

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 02:54 AM
By that we can assume that she didn't like the George Clooney Batman... :p
He was okay when he was interacting with Alfred but the rest of the time, he didn't look like he wanted to be there.

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Yeah she's a traditionalist she like's the Michael Keaton Batman, wasn't such a big fan of Bale.

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 03:00 AM
I gave up on Batman and Robin the minute the henchmen started ice-skating. :P

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 03:15 AM
I gave up on Batman and Robin the minute the henchmen started ice-skating. :P
One of many bizarre and silly things in that show... I had a good laugh...

Yeah she's a traditionalist she like's the Michael Keaton Batman, wasn't such a big fan of Bale.
I was never really convinced by Keaton's Bruce Wayne... (I like Keaton as Beetlejuice and Mr Mom)... "playboy millionaire"? I don't think so... Can't imagine women falling for him left, right and centre. This rather impaired my enjoyment of his Batman.
But I don't think BB is just about whether Bale is a good Batman/Bruce Wayne... it has a better developed storyline about origins... and finally a story about Batman and not The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy and Catwoman.

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 03:32 AM
The first Batman I saw was Val Kilmer's, so he was who I associated as Batman (I still think he did a good job), Keaton never convinced me, and Clooney was just a joke. But now Bale's always gonna be Batman for me :D

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Ah... Val Kilmer... has that suave look as well... Yes... he had the right look but I also got the feeling that really wasn't very happy about being there. His Batman was closer to what I imagined a playboy billionaire to look like.
But like you said... Bale's the Man... er... the Bat... :D

What did ya think of Katie...

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Wasn't such a big fan of Katie, she wasn't bad or anything... just not as convincing as the other's or maybe it was that she just seemed to young.

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 03:55 AM
She did look rather young to be Assistant DA but I didn't find her repulsive... I didn't mind the character, who is a bit of a crusader herself really.

Blue Banrigh
June 25th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Hehe, it seems like I'm always following the ladies from the Aussie thread around. :D

Have to be honest, I was expecting Katie Holmes to annoy me a lot more. But like what Eemo said, she wasn't as convincing as the others. But she was okay.

On a shallower note, Cillian Murphy has the prettiest blue eyes.

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 04:01 AM
I thought her character had promise and I was happy that she didn't fall head-over-heels for Bruce, but I was watching and I just kept on seeing Katie Holmes and not the character.

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Hi Blue... You've joined us... finally... :D
She didn't annoy that much... she didn't even scream... which was a relief...

Cillian Murphy must've been picked for those eyes... Honestly if looks could kill... :p But his American accent was pretty good too...

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Hehe, it seems like I'm always following the ladies from the Aussie thread around. :D
"Psst, Easter I think Blue's stalking us" :P

On a shallower note, Cillian Murphy has the prettiest blue eyes.
He is lovely isn't he, hope he comes back :D

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 04:19 AM
I thought her character had promise and I was happy that she didn't fall head-over-heels for Bruce, but I was watching and I just kept on seeing Katie Holmes and not the character.

That's what you get for watching Dawson's Creek... :p

I didn't think the character was entirely a waste of space..
She acted as his conscience, and had an influence on the way he later distinguished himself from the rest of the League of Shadows. My take on this is that she and Alfred are the only two people who really know Bruce Wayne... for everyone they only see the facade... the billionaire playboy and the Batman... She seems to understand that he is a man on a mission... that he has a job to do... and she respects that and knows that it is not possible for them to have a relationship while he's doing his crime-fighting stuff. That is the price of being a superhero... it's not possible to have a normal kind of life.
I must also add that I love the whole Scarlet Pimpernel angle to Bruce Wayne... when Christian Bale gives that silly grin and acts like an airhead... I think of Sir Percy Blakeney and his foolish chatter.

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 04:37 AM
That's what you get for watching Dawson's Creek... :p
Ok I did go through a faze, but in my defence, I was 13 when it started and very easily manipulated by teen angst :P

I must also add that I love the whole Scarlet Pimpernel angle to Bruce Wayne... when Christian Bale gives that silly grin and acts like an airhead... I think of Sir Percy Blakeney and his foolish chatter.
I loved the drunk birthday speach routine :D and the line "A grown man who runs around the city dressed as a bat clearly has issues"

Blue Banrigh
June 25th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Glad they had her as a non-romance. :D I liked the idea of her character (for all the reasons Easter metioned and the fact that she was useful), but right now my brain is in the process of painting out Katie Holmes and replacing her with another actress.

Can fear be a theme? I liked how the story's focus was on fear. And how the League of Shadows tied in with Bruce's life. How Batman reflected their entire ideaology to a degree, the use of a symbol and straying to the dark side in the name of good.

The darkness of Batman's character is something you really don't see in other superheroes. I liked it, especially how he dealt with Ducard in the end. He treaded a fine line there.

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 04:49 AM
I loved the drunk birthday speach routine :D and the line "A grown man who runs around the city dressed as a bat clearly has issues"

Doesn't he ever... :p

But then comes the line: It's not who you are underneath, but what you do, that defines you.
And do you feel his pain or what? :(

Incidentally, does Bruce Wayne ever have offsprings?

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 04:54 AM
I don't remember there being any, and I don't think he ever married either.

Blue Banrigh
June 25th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Looking at the IMDB's trivia page for BB, I found this:

Only days before the role of Batman was cast, eight actors were asked to audition for the part. The actors were Christian Bale, Joshua Jackson, Eion Bailey, Hugh Dancy, Billy Crudup, Cillian Murphy, Henry Cavill and Jake Gyllenhaal. Christian Bale got the part. However, Christopher Nolan liked Cillian Murphy's audition so much, he cast him as Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow.
I'm glad they went with Christian Bale, but Billy Crudup and Cillian Murphy would have been interesting. The rest I think were too young and Henry Cavill would fit Superman better.

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Glad they had her as a non-romance. :D I liked the idea of her character (for all the reasons Easter metioned and the fact that she was useful), but right now my brain is in the process of painting out Katie Holmes and replacing her with another actress.
My first thought was Rachel Weisz... not sure why... but interestingly another Brit... Too old maybe... As long as it is somebody who certainly can convince the audience that she's the Assistant DA... I wonder if they picked Katie Holmes in the first place because she has this innocence about her... as if she's never been touched by the corruption around her. That she's above it... or as Falcone said, "an idealist".

Can fear be a theme? I liked how the story's focus was on fear. And how the League of Shadows tied in with Bruce's life. How Batman reflected their entire ideaology to a degree, the use of a symbol and straying to the dark side in the name of good.
I did appreciate the bat motif in the plot... Bats as his greatest childhood phobia, bats as the means to restore his sense of hope and bats as his redemption...

The darkness of Batman's character is something you really don't see in other superheroes. I liked it, especially how he dealt with Ducard in the end. He treaded a fine line there.
"I don't have to save you..."

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 05:05 AM
I don't remember there being any, and I don't think he ever married either.
I forgot about Robin, Bruce adopted Dick Grayson (Robin) so he became a surrogate son.

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Looking at the IMDB's trivia page for BB, I found this:

I'm glad they went with Christian Bale, but Billy Crudup and Cillian Murphy would have been interesting. The rest I think were too young and Henry Cavill would fit Superman better.

Had to look up Henry Cavill... Count of Monte Cristo rings a bell... nice looking boy... but as you say all very young...
I like Hugh Dancy but I don't think he's the brooding type... For Batman you need someone who broods, and is very angsty...

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 05:08 AM
I forgot about Robin, Bruce adopted Dick Grayson (Robin) so he became a surrogate son.
Is that canon?

Blue Banrigh
June 25th, 2005, 05:16 AM
My first thought was Rachel Weisz... not sure why... but interestingly another Brit... Too old maybe... As long as it is somebody who certainly can convince the audience that she's the Assistant DA... I wonder if they picked Katie Holmes in the first place because she has this innocence about her... as if she's never been touched by the corruption around her. That she's above it... or as Falcone said, "an idealist".
Rachel Weisz, nice choice... Never would have thought of her. I had Morena Baccarin (cause of the current Firefly obsession) as a stand in. But I don't think she'd be quite right either. Still reading trivia from IMDB, one of the other candidates for Rachel Dawes was supposedly Natalie Portman. She would have been good.

On an off note, I think we've taken over the thread. For the last 26 posts, it's just been us three. :D

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Is that canon?
As far as I can remember it is, but I'm not certain.

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 06:03 AM
On an off note, I think we've taken over the thread. For the last 26 posts, it's just been us three. :D
We seem to be doing this alot... in the Aussie thread, the Serenity thread... among others :P we need to drag Shep in here sometime to keep up with tradition :D

Blue Banrigh
June 25th, 2005, 06:06 AM
We seem to be doing this alot... in the Aussie thread, the Serenity thread... among others :P we need to drag Shep in here sometime to keep up with tradition :D
She's keen on seeing the movie right?

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Yep, but she said she'd wait till after school holidays. So it's just us for the next 2 weeks.

StarzSkyMoon
June 25th, 2005, 06:37 AM
i loved this movie. the moral lessons were very deep and right on track i thought. my favorite batman by far

:cool: Lizbeth

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Rachel Weisz, nice choice... Never would have thought of her. I had Morena Baccarin (cause of the current Firefly obsession) as a stand in. But I don't think she'd be quite right either. Still reading trivia from IMDB, one of the other candidates for Rachel Dawes was supposedly Natalie Portman. She would have been good.
Natalie Portman seems to me to be another picture of eternal youth. That's what makes me think that they were going for the young, innocent idealist. I'm not sure what Lucas did to her in Episode 3 though... she looked as stiff a plank... I guess she didn't have much to work with those awful lines...
I wouldn't have minded Morena... she's a class act through and through... and has got plenty of sass to take on the Scarecrow and other nasties.

We're good at that sort of thing... takeovers and expansionist tactics...
I'd rather be discussing Batman here than on IMDB that's for sure... Some people are arrogant beyond belief.

Edit: Link to a very interesting reading of Batman Begins... Spoilers Alert...
http://64.23.89.35/moveabletype/krs/archives/2005/06/june_15_2005_th.html

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 06:51 PM
nice article, thanks for the link Easter :D

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 07:25 PM
No worries, Imo...
It said a lot of things that I personally thought about the film.

I've changed my desktop.. found a nice wallpaper pic of Bruce Wayne/Christian Bale on the official site. :D

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 08:09 PM
I've got those too :D but I can never decide what I want on my desktop, so I put it on rotate and every now and then I get a nice Batman surprise :D

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I've got the Bruce Wayne one at the moment...

Dang... I still can't get over how good Christian Bale is in the role...

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 10:31 PM
I didn't realise he's doing one of the voices in Howls Moving Castel, another film I've gotta wait till September for.

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 10:42 PM
It's hard to know what voice he does with all the different accents that he does...

Here's a nice review of BB from Ebert and Roeper:
http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandroeper/mp3/050606-batman_begins.mp3

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I do oneday want to hear him speak with his native Welsh accent.

Easter Lily
June 25th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Apparently his thick Welsh accent emerges in the Equilibrium DVD...
Great... there's another DVD I'm going to have to put on my wish list. Actually, it is already on my wishlist but... erm... I put it off because of the price.

Immy
June 25th, 2005, 11:48 PM
I haven't seen Equilibrium yet, I'll get around to it oneday...

Easter Lily
June 26th, 2005, 03:30 AM
It's a fantastic film...
Here's an interview with Christian Bale talking about BB, spotting a more neutral type of accent. It doesn't sound quite American, not quite English... I suspect that it is probably the one that he uses the most.
http://www.theonenetwork.com/movies/Batman_Begins/5326/Christian_Bale_Interview_300.html

Immy
June 26th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Aparently he uses his real accent in Metroland (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119665/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8dHQ9MXxmYj11fHBuPTB8cT1NRVRST0xBTkR8aHRtbD0xfG5t PTE_;fc=1;ft=21), I might catch it sometime just to hear what he really sounds like.

iLemon
June 26th, 2005, 01:03 PM
What if Bruce was afraid of pidgeons? Would he save Gotham City dressed up as a pidgeon? :P

Its a bird!
Its a plane!!
No wait! it actually is a bird!! Its pidgeonman!!! :D

Easter Lily
June 26th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Aparently he uses his real accent in Metroland (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119665/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8dHQ9MXxmYj11fHBuPTB8cT1NRVRST0xBTkR8aHRtbD0xfG5t PTE_;fc=1;ft=21), I might catch it sometime just to hear what he really sounds like.
I Just had a look at the trailer for it... Looks like a dreadful film of a man having a midlife crisis in his late twenties... The hairstyles are cringeworthy. The accent is very proper English...

What if Bruce was afraid of pidgeons? Would he save Gotham City dressed up as a pidgeon?

Its a bird!
Its a plane!!
No wait! it actually is a bird!! Its pidgeonman!!!
Doesn't quite have the same fearsome quality, does it? Pigeons don't hang out in caves, do they?
Still you could be on to something... I've seen Hitchcock's The Birds and I was terrified.

BruTak
June 27th, 2005, 05:31 AM
IMHO Micheal Keaton as Batman worked - because he's the last person you'd suspect of actucally being Batman.

There's a nasty rumour going around that the studio want Frankie Muniz to play Robin. :eek:
All together now - NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Immy
June 27th, 2005, 05:45 AM
I hope who ever originally said that was joking. Its just wrong on so many levels...

Ancient 1
June 27th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I hope who ever originally said that was joking. Its just wrong on so many levels...
Indeed!

Easter Lily
June 27th, 2005, 04:18 PM
IMHO Micheal Keaton as Batman worked - because he's the last person you'd suspect of actucally being Batman.
I will concede that Keaton probably didn't have much to work with but I still maintain that being Batman is more than being "unexpected" but more the case of someone inhabiting all the different shades of the persona. This is a man that wears masks: both physical and emotional ones.

There's a nasty rumour going around that the studio want Frankie Muniz to play Robin. :eek:
All together now - NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think introducing Robin at this stage is very productive when they can do so much more with the Batman/Bruce Wayne dichotomy. I don't care what suggestions have come forward, I don't want a Robin now.

Ouroboros
June 27th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I just saw this today and I can now state with confidence that it's probably my favorite super hero movie ever made. Spiderman and Spiderman 2 were great movies but this is just more my style. This was also far and away the first Batman movie that even came close to being worth a repeat viewing for me. The last few in the previous express elevator to hell of a movie franchise were just downright embarassing for everyone involved.

I'm not a big fan of the batman comics or comics in general but this movie stood well enough on it's own to more than hold my interest and at no point did I laugh at what would seem like the absurdity of a man dressing up like a bat to go beat guys up. This was a significant acomplishment in selling for Bale and the film's director. This batman was actually dark and felt more like someone criminals could potentially fear as opposed to just laugh at and shoot. I also really liked the film's moody score and the sequel (which is already greenlighted) is going to be just as good if not better with the Joker returning. I only hope they get Harley in there to this time.

Mr. Seven
June 27th, 2005, 10:56 PM
As quite possibly the biggest Batman fan ever, I have to give this movie my all out endoresement.

I love how they took certain situations, lines and characters from some of the best Batman storylines - Year One, Shaman, Long Halloween, to name just three.

They got it completely right at the end, when they said that Batman isn't the mask, Bruce Wayne is. Batman is who he really is.

Easter Lily
June 27th, 2005, 11:56 PM
They got it completely right at the end, when they said that Batman isn't the mask, Bruce Wayne is. Batman is who he really is.

I found that comment rather interesting from the perspective of a non-comic fan and it made perfect sense in light of the overall story that was presented to us... that he has become Batman and that Bruce Wayne is but a shell.

I'm not a big fan of the batman comics or comics in general but this movie stood well enough on it's own to more than hold my interest and at no point did I laugh at what would seem like the absurdity of a man dressing up like a bat to go beat guys up. This was a significant acomplishment in selling for Bale and the film's director.
I agree that for some reason it all made perfect logical sense to me also that it was the most natural thing in the world for this angry young man to channel all his energy into developing this persona and using it to fight crime. Through the way the story unfolded, it was as if it was the most obvious (and almost triumphant) conclusion to this troubled soul.

Immy
June 28th, 2005, 12:23 AM
I love how they took certain situations, lines and characters from some of the best Batman storylines - Year One, Shaman, Long Halloween, to name just three.
I've ordered a copy of 'Batman-Year One' :D can't wait for it to arrive, I haven't read any Frank Miller stuff in ages.

BruTak
June 28th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Casting Harley's gonna be a real toughie.
Where are you gonna find an actress who can play both the straight-laced Dr. Harleen Quinzel and the mad-as-a-box-of-frogs Harley Quinn?

My choice, Julie Benz (Darla in Buffy/Angel).

Ouroboros
June 28th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Casting Harley's gonna be a real toughie.
Where are you gonna find an actress who can play both the straight-laced Dr. Harleen Quinzel and the mad-as-a-box-of-frogs Harley Quinn?

Hudson Leick without a doubt. She had the whole crazy thing down like it was second nature when she played Callisto on Xena and Hercules and she even sort of looks like some of the various pics I've seen of Harley.

http://img246.echo.cx/img246/9626/hudsonleick1003pv.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

I just hope they find her somehow. She's not exactly A-list.

Mr. Seven
June 28th, 2005, 08:56 AM
I found that comment rather interesting from the perspective of a non-comic fan and it made perfect sense in light of the overall story that was presented to us... that he has become Batman and that Bruce Wayne is but a shell.

Superman is also one of the characters whose secret identity is really the mask. Tarantino kind of took the philosophy of Kill Bill 2 from a female Superman writer (whose name escapes me atm) in regard to who is mask. When he wakes up in the morning he's Superman. His uniform is made from what was inside his rocket ship, those are his real clothes. Clark Kent is how he sees the human race.

I've ordered a copy of 'Batman-Year One' can't wait for it to arrive, I haven't read any Frank Miller stuff in ages.

Great, that's probably my favorite Batman story.

If you like it and want to read some more essential stuff I suggest.

Batman: Shaman - A story that takes place at the same time as Year One. We learn where Bruce was returning from as well as seeing Bruce and Alfred explore the caves. A nice detective/mystery story. Denny O'Neil wrote this and a lot of his works were adapted for the movie.

Batman: The Long Halloween - A story by the legendary Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. A killer is loose in Gotham who only kills on the holidays. The story takes place over 13 months from Halloween to Halloween, hence the title.

Batman: Dark Victory - The sequel to The Long Halloween. The Holiday killer is back. Also, Dick Grayson is in this storyline. He eventually becomes Robin. Also by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.

Batman: EGO - A nice little Original Graphic Novel that shows the struggle in the mind of Bruce Wayne/Batman between the two personalities. Very interesting and wonderfully drawn and written by Darwyn Cooke. He worked on Batman Beyond.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - An aging Batman comes out of retirment to defend Gotham City once more. By Frank Miller. One of the benchmarks of the industry along with Alan Moore and Dave Gibbon's Watchmen.

iLemon
June 28th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Doesn't quite have the same fearsome quality, does it? Pigeons don't hang out in caves, do they?
Still you could be on to something... I've seen Hitchcock's The Birds and I was terrified.

As long as the director doesnt employ me, i think we can all live without a dogwoman :P

Easter Lily
June 28th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Mr Seven, or any other experts amongst us... Among diehard fans, there seems to be a lot of talk that Batman leads a rather lonely existence... Would it be particularly offensive from a fan's point of view if in subsequent sequels, that Batman/Bruce Wayne is allowed to enjoy some degree of normality, ie a long-term relationship, in his life?

Mr. Seven
June 28th, 2005, 05:26 PM
As a fan I just don't see him having any kind of long term happiness in his life. In his own morbid way, what he's doing is what makes him happy and he diverts all of his time and energy into doing it, one way or another. Including putting on the public "Billionaire Plaboy" persona.

He does have romatic interests though, don't get me wrong. In the comics he had a long time girlfriend named Silver St. Cloud, but she left him, I believe after learning he was Batman. He was also romantically involved with Talia Al Ghul, the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul. She loved him and Ra's believed that Bruce, was the perfect and only suitable mate for her. He also has a very strong attraction to Wonder Woman, but neither of them have ever acted on it. And of course he and Selena Kyle AKA Catwoman are having a fling now. They recently started sleeping together after all these years. Of course Catwoman is a "hero" now.

So he does have some happy moments in the comics. He is extremely proud of his apprentices - Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, etc.. and gets joy out of them learning and succeeding. Of course, they're going to take up his crusade once he dies, so he has reasons besides parental to have a stake in them.

The other thing is that there are different versions of Batman.

Frank Miller's version is very dark and isolated.

While the Batman in The Animated Series is more open and likeable.

The current version is very paranoid and aggressive. He found out that his allies in the Justice League of America wiped 15 minutes from his memory, after he discovered them giving a super villain a psychic lobotomy.

But to answer your question more directly, yeah I'd like to see Bruce enjoy life a little bit. I mean he's a man after all and he needs some type of companionship.

I just hope they don't bring in Robin and Batgirl for a while. Batman on his own is the best.

Ancient 1
June 28th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I finally had a look at the movie, and for what it was, was the missing element of the first 3 or 4 movies. TPTB were just afraid that the set up, which is always crucial, wouldn't make enough money for them. They are still worried over the fact that while they are numero uno for 2 weeks, it isn't enough. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Easter Lily
June 28th, 2005, 09:18 PM
There has apparently been a box office slump in the American market lately from what I've heard. Fewer people going to the cinemas and all that... So I guess it's not just Batman. But I've been told that DVD sales will most definitely cover the costs incurred... they have after all been given the green light for the sequel.
I've seen the movie 3 times now... twice on my own and the third with my husband. He really enjoyed it, understood it and wanted the sequel like... yesterday...
But I'm doing my best to spread the word... I've almost convinced a friend who really didn't want to see it, to go.

But to answer your question more directly, yeah I'd like to see Bruce enjoy life a little bit. I mean he's a man after all and he needs some type of companionship.
Thanks for the inside info Mr S... :)
After watching this particular film, I really feel for Bruce Wayne/Batman, something that I never really felt for the other incarnations. Christian Bale is wonderful, of course... but I thought that the telling of the story actually went to the core of the man. And I think it's a little sad for him not to be able to share his soul with anyone intimately... hence, my question. It's how I felt about Peter Parker in Spiderman 2.

Who is Harley Quinn, incidentally?

Mr. Seven
June 28th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Harely Quinn was created by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm on Batman the Animated Series. She used to be a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum and after treating the Joker and getting romatically involved with him, she goes equally, if not more nuts.

She was proven to be such a popular character they put her in the comics.

Immy
June 28th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Great, that's probably my favorite Batman story.

If you like it and want to read some more essential stuff I suggest.

Batman: Shaman - A story that takes place at the same time as Year One. We learn where Bruce was returning from as well as seeing Bruce and Alfred explore the caves. A nice detective/mystery story. Denny O'Neil wrote this and a lot of his works were adapted for the movie.

Batman: The Long Halloween - A story by the legendary Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. A killer is loose in Gotham who only kills on the holidays. The story takes place over 13 months from Halloween to Halloween, hence the title.

Batman: Dark Victory - The sequel to The Long Halloween. The Holiday killer is back. Also, Dick Grayson is in this storyline. He eventually becomes Robin. Also by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.

Batman: EGO - A nice little Original Graphic Novel that shows the struggle in the mind of Bruce Wayne/Batman between the two personalities. Very interesting and wonderfully drawn and written by Darwyn Cooke. He worked on Batman Beyond.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - An aging Batman comes out of retirment to defend Gotham City once more. By Frank Miller. One of the benchmarks of the industry along with Alan Moore and Dave Gibbon's Watchmen.
Oooo thanks for all the refs :D so much to read, so little money... damn :P
I'm finaly buying all of Neil Gaiman's 'Sandman' comics, so I'm a bit short of cash at the moment. Plus I just found out that Gaiman's doing a convention in Melbourne next month :D yay, but its $110 so might not be able to go :(

Easter Lily
June 28th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Harely Quinn was created by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm on Batman the Animated Series. She used to be a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum and after treating the Joker and getting romatically involved with him, she goes equally, if not more nuts.

She was proven to be such a popular character they put her in the comics.
Thanks... :)
I would love to get my hands on some of those graphic novels you mentioned but they are so specialized that I will have to BUY them... I am interested in the more detective oriented ones....

Easter Lily
June 29th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Found this great podcast featuring the actors and the director:
http://207.44.176.72/podcasts/scifitalk/Batman.mp3

Immy
June 29th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks for that Easter :D

I was tempted to enter the monthly fan art comp over at the Superhero Hype forum, it was batman this month. But I couldn't finish intime, so oh well...

Easter Lily
June 29th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Did you get started? If so, you should post it up here once you're finished.

Immy
June 29th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Its about 2/3 done, but I might not have time to finish it, I'm ment to be doing work for an upcoming exhibition. I'll try and finish it tonight or tomorrow, even if it ain't finished I'll post it... maybe, depends if I like it or not :D

Mr. Seven
June 30th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks... :)
I would love to get my hands on some of those graphic novels you mentioned but they are so specialized that I will have to BUY them... I am interested in the more detective oriented ones....

If you're interested in the more detective oriented ones I would suggest Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

If you like those, a similar storyline by Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee ran through Batman about a year back called HUSH that is also a mystery of sorts.

Another good mystery is Detective Comics Annual 2, which deals with a young Bruce Wayne investigating a set of murders/hate crimes in the south.

Easter Lily
June 30th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Long Halloween is sold out in my neck of the woods at the moment... but I will try Amazon...
These graphic novels are horrendously expensive over here... they cost between AUD$35-45 a pop...

BruTak
June 30th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Ouroboros - don't you think Hudson Leick's a wee bit old to play Harley? If I remember right from the Mad Love graphic novel, Arkham Asylum was her first assignment after qualifying as a shrink - so that would make her, what, mid-20's?

I'd like to see more elements of the Batman back-story in future films, such as who he learned his detective skills from - is it still Harvey Harris? I've not really read any of the mainstream Batman comics in quite a while, I kind of gave up in the middle of the Knightfall storyline when it got silly.

I'd also like to see Detectives Bullock and Montoya appear in the movies. Next question - since when has Montoya been a lesbain?

Immy
July 1st, 2005, 03:05 AM
Did you get started? If so, you should post it up here once you're finished.
Okay its as finished as its ever going to be, the backgrounds only half done, but I've got a short attention-span so I've moved onto other stuff :P
Everyone in the comp was doing pics of Batman so I decided to be a little different and do a drawing of Dr. Crane, but not as Scarecrow.
Okay here it is... be gentle...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6803/untitled1copy3pw.jpg

:)

Easter Lily
July 1st, 2005, 03:44 AM
^ Hey it's pretty good, Imo... You've really captured the eyes... :D
You've obviously got a strong background in graphic design.. :)

Immy
July 1st, 2005, 03:49 AM
It was a bit of an experiment, thats not my normal drawing style so I had no idea how it was going to turn out. But I think it was ok for a couple of days work.

General Jack O'Neill
July 2nd, 2005, 02:55 AM
I'd have to say thumbs down because IMO Michael Keaten and Val Kilmer were the only two who did Batman well. The other two just weren't as good.

Easter Lily
July 2nd, 2005, 04:32 AM
Val Kilmer was okay... but I don't think his heart was really in it...
Michael Keaton was not so great as Bruce Wayne but as people have said, perhaps it wasn't entirely his fault. Didn't have much to work with...

Each to his/her own, I guess... :)

General Jack O'Neill
July 2nd, 2005, 04:38 AM
George Clooney didn't do good as Batman at all. IMO

Immy
July 2nd, 2005, 04:47 AM
Yes George did suck in the role.

General Jack O'Neill
July 2nd, 2005, 04:50 AM
Yes George did suck in the role.

Not only that but he complained that Val Kilmer's crotch piece was bigger than his. Now how stupid is that?

BruTak
July 7th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Okay, It's been two weeks since I saw the movie and I've had a bit of a chance to mull things over.

There's one element from the comic-book origin of Batman that I feel should have been used in the film.
If I remember correctly, a guy called Mike W. Barr wrote for the Detective Comics title in the mid/late 1980s - he introduced a bit of business that would have slotted into the movie perfectly.

It runs something like this: Following his parent's funeral, young Bruce Wayne sneaks out of his room in the middle of the night to see their freshly dug graves.
Standing over the headstone, is a large statue of an angel, arms and wings outstretched, and a halo above the head.
As Bruce kneels by the graveside, the moon casts the statue's shadow across him - foreshadowing the shadow of the Batman...

A missed opportunity, methinks.

Immy
July 11th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Yippy
My copy of Batman Year One arrived today :D

Easter Lily
July 11th, 2005, 01:28 AM
I was telling my other brother-in-law on Sat about how interested in reading the graphic novels I've become after watching Begins and he said he would ask his friend who collects them if I could borrow a couple. This friend of his apparently has an account/box in the shop because he is such a good customer.

Immy
July 11th, 2005, 01:35 AM
I wish I knew people who colected graphic novels, I've spent way too much money on them in the last few years.

LoneStar1836
July 24th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Batman is most certainly back on track now.

The travesty that was those other Batman movies after the original one with Michael Keaton should be locked in a vault somewhere and the key tossed or better yet attached to a rocket and launched into the Sun. This one was even better than the one with Keaton, imo. I so agree with the opinion expressed in this thread that finally Batman was the focus and not the villains.

Christian Bale. Where has this man been hiding? I knew of him in Speilberg’s “Empire of the Sun” (which I love) and then in “Reign of Fire”. He was great as Bruce Wayne and Batman. And I agree that Batman is the “true” Bruce Wayne while Wayne is more of a façade.

Loved the Batmobile. :D Now that’s a superhero’s vehicle.

The other actors were great in this film. Freeman, Caine, etc. Good choices.

Katie Holmes they can keep though. She was alright, but I’ve never been a fan, and after that whole Tom Cruise fiasco, I really could care less about her. Her acting was fine, but she just didn’t really fit for me. Like Imo said up the thread somewhere, I was seeing Katie Holmes and not the character. And no I never watched Dawson’s Creek. :P

I didn’t really like how they made Liem Neeson turn out to be the bad guy in the end. I thought that was a poor part of the movie. I understand why he did what he did in trying to destroy the city to essentially save it, but I still think they could have changed that up some. Scarecrow was great though. I hope he comes back in a later film.

Now this was how Batman should have been done to begin with. None of that campy stuff. I mean I was a huge fan of the old Adam West TV show, but none of that should have ever been even remotely incorporated into a movie. That last Batman movie with Clooney was so horrible, I’ve never even actually seen the whole thing, and never plan on seeing it.

So far this is the best movie I’ve seen this year. Course I’ve only seen two, and Batman was the second. :D Star Wars III doesn’t hold a candle……………..;)

Again. Christian Bale…………made the movie for me……….

BruTak
July 25th, 2005, 04:35 AM
According to the August issue of Total Film magazine, the proposed shortlist to play the Joker in a future Batman movie is as follows:

Paul Bettany.
Lachy Hulme (no, I've never heard of him either, he's Australian apparently).
Crispin Glover.

However - whilst ever so slightly tiddly at the Batman Begins premiere, Christian Bale let it slip that Sean Penn is also in the frame for the role.
Make of that what you will...

Mr. Seven
August 16th, 2005, 10:14 AM
From - http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

[i]Well... Warner's finally gone and done it. They've officially announced the DVD release of Batman Begins for 10/18, as we've been expecting. You'll be able to buy a single-disc regular edition (SRP $28.98) and a 2-disc Deluxe Edition (SRP $30.97). Each will include the film in anamorphic widescreen video (2.40:1), with English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. We believe there will be a full frame version of the regular edition as well.

We don't have all the details yet, but we do know that the 2-disc Batman Begins: Deluxe Edition will feature 8 documentaries (including Genesis of the Bat: Batman Incarnations from the Mid-1980s to the Present, The Journey Begins: Creative Concepts, Story Development and Casting, Shaping Mind and Body: Fighting Style, Gotham City Rises: Production Design, Cape and Cowl: The New Batsuit, The Tumbler: The New Batmobile, Path to Discovery: Filming in Iceland and Saving Gotham City: The Monorail Chase Sequence), several Confidential Files featurettes (broken into Characters and Weaponry), an interactive Inner Demons comic book, theatrical trailers, a photo gallery, Easter eggs and DVD-ROM features (including a Batman Begins "mobile game demo"). The set will also include an exclusive 72-page comic book containing 3 reprinted issues/stories that influenced the film (including Detective Comics #37, Batman: The Man Who Falls and Batman: The Long Halloween). There's no word yet on possible audio commentary, and additional extras are likely TBA.

Here's a look at the cover art for both editions. Each is available for preorder now at Amazon.com (just click on the cover art)...

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers4/batmanbeginsdeluxedvd.jpg http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers4/batmanbeginsdvd.jpg

Qasim
September 19th, 2005, 10:49 AM
http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=2034

Writer and director of the upcoming Wonder Woman movie, Joss Whedon ("Serenity," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") wants to give the historical franchise the "Batman Begins" treatment in an attempt to give fans what they want: the costume, the bracelets, the lasso, maybe even the invisible jet, according to SciFi Wire.

Easter Lily
October 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Finally got my copy of the Batman Begins Limited Edition DVD boxset... It comes with a condensed version of 3 three comic books/graphic novels, collector cards and the soundtrack (which isn't too bad actually). My local retailer threw in a travelling mug as well which is nice... :D

Immy
October 21st, 2005, 12:23 AM
I just got myself the 2 disc one that comes with a silicone bracelets.

Do other countries versions come with commentaries?

Easter Lily
October 23rd, 2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah, I don't understand why there isn't any audio commentary... :( Not happy Jan...
But the soundtrack isn't too bad, actually. Surprisingly good...

Have I said how much I love Christian Bale... he's wonderful in this... :D

BruTak
October 25th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I don't understand why there isn't any audio commentary... :( Not happy Jan...

Good question Easter Lily, why isn't there and audio commentary? Is Chris Nolan one of the small minority of directors (Spielberg for example) who quote "doesn't like" doing commentary tracks?

Easter Lily
October 25th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Good question Easter Lily, why isn't there and audio commentary? Is Chris Nolan one of the small minority of directors (Spielberg for example) who quote "doesn't like" doing commentary tracks?
Well, he didn't have to...
Christian Bale or other members of the cast and crew could have done it...

BruTak
October 27th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Well, he didn't have to...
Christian Bale or other members of the cast and crew could have done it...
True, true - but you learn things about the movie you otherwise wouldn't know if there's an audio commentary.

For example, in Gladiator when Maximus is talking to young Lucius, the boy points out the horses engraved on Maximus's breastplate.
Maxuimus then says that they were his horses, and they were called Scarto and Argento.

On the commentary track (in between puffing away at his cigar) Ridley Scott says words to the effect of "For those who don't know any Latin, the horses are called Trigger and Silver..."

the fifth man
November 23rd, 2005, 11:32 PM
Definitely a thumbs-up from me for Batman Begins. I thought Christian Bale was excellent in the role.

Artha O'neill
December 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4383/201949id1azd1.jpg

The new dark knight trailer, enjoy.

Artha.

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

MB.Eddie
December 17th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Awesome :cameron:

the fifth man
December 17th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Awesome! Thanks a lot for posting the link to that.:)

Artha O'neill
December 18th, 2007, 07:53 AM
no problem, m8te.

Xicer
December 18th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Here's also a six-minute prologue shown at the IMAX showings of I Am Legend:

http://theluis.com/2007/12/video-dark-knight-6-minute-prologe.html

Trek_Girl42
December 18th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Wow.....that is fantastic. :D Is it next summer yet?

the fifth man
December 18th, 2007, 06:06 PM
That was really great.

Admiral Mappalazarou
December 20th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Whens it coming out? :cameron: I want. :(

the fifth man
December 20th, 2007, 06:49 PM
It's definitely going to be great when this thing comes out. I'll definitely be seeing it opening weekend.

Major_Griff
December 22nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Great trailer! This summer's gonna be awesome movie-wise. Indy 4, The Dark Night, X-Files 2, Iron Man, SG:Continuum, and probably more that I'm forgetting. Can't wait!

the fifth man
December 22nd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Great trailer! This summer's gonna be awesome movie-wise. Indy 4, The Dark Night, X-Files 2, Iron Man, SG:Continuum, and probably more that I'm forgetting. Can't wait!

Definitely a summer to look forward to.:)

SaberBlade
December 23rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised by Ledger's performance as the Joker.

I'm very much looking forward to the movie and I can't wait for more trailers to be released

scholar
December 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM
I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised by Ledger's performance as the Joker.

I'm very much looking forward to the movie and I can't wait for more trailers to be released

I have to agree. Though I am not sure I like the Joker makeup. Guess I might just have to get used to the new look. Otherwise, I think the trailer looked very very good.

Artha O'neill
December 24th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I have to agree. Though I am not sure I like the Joker makeup. Guess I might just have to get used to the new look. Otherwise, I think the trailer looked very very good.
I also agree, hopefully we'll get a joker thats a mass murderer and not a pissed uncle, lol.

the fifth man
December 24th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I also agree, hopefully we'll get a joker thats a mass murderer and not a pissed uncle, lol.

Personally, I think we'll be getting the mass murderer;).

kharn the betrayer
December 25th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Personally, I think we'll be getting the mass murderer;).

yes so do I

the Joker in this movie looks bloody insane plus that laugh... dear lord

Mark Hamill is having some competition when it comes for who does the best Joker laugh because Legers sounded down right insane

Artha O'neill
December 28th, 2007, 08:56 AM
yes so do I

the Joker in this movie looks bloody insane plus that laugh... dear lord

Mark Hamill is having some competition when it comes for who does the best Joker laugh because Legers sounded down right insane
Mark Hamill's performance was brilliant and made the Joker real for me.

SaberBlade
December 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Hamill is the Joker.

Joker in the DCAU is just mental. While he's not been able to do something of the horrible stuff he's done in the comics, that didn't stop Hamill from making the Joker not only sound completely mad but Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski just created an incredible version of the Joker who was simply insane.

While Ledger's Joker seems to be just as mad, If anything i'd bet money that Ledger's laugh was based on Hamill. Ledger does have the mad laugh down very well, but we'll need to see how well and often he uses it in the movie. Hamill from memory could do the laugh for quite a long time and just made it sound even more insane the longer he did it.

Personally I find the animated Batman the one I compare everyone to. No one yet has been able to beat the animated versions but Ledger is very close.

kharn the betrayer
December 29th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Ahhh Batman the animated series how I loved you

not only is Joker great in that series(expecially in Mask of the Phantasm/Return of the Joker... ok those where movies set in the same universe but they still count) the series invented Harle quin which was a big plus as I loved her

still the fact that Joker was voiced by Luke SkyWalker of all people still makes me chuckle as Luke and Joker are complete opposites and sound very different from each other

December 30th, 2007, 08:25 AM
mark hamill was also cockknocker in jay and silent bob stike back, and he did the joker voice and had a lightsaber fight and lost his hand... lol

the fifth man
December 30th, 2007, 05:51 PM
mark hamill was also cockknocker in jay and silent bob stike back, and he did the joker voice and had a lightsaber fight and lost his hand... lol

OMG, I had totally forgotten about that. What a great scene from that movie.:D

Lord Kira
December 30th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Awesome. Joker looks badass. I like how he seems based more on his comic version than the Burton version. This movie will rock.

Artha O'neill
January 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Awesome. Joker looks badass. I like how he seems based more on his comic version than the Burton version. This movie will rock.
I hope your right. But, we'll soon see when the movie is released.

kharn the betrayer
January 1st, 2008, 04:03 PM
I hope your right. But, we'll soon see when the movie is released.

well atleast I think we can agree on the fact we wont be seeing Joker dance to prince in this movie

although Im kinda disappointed that we dont see ANY Harvey Dent in the trailer

the fifth man
January 1st, 2008, 05:01 PM
well atleast I think we can agree on the fact we wont be seeing Joker dance to prince in this movie

although Im kinda disappointed that we dont see ANY Harvey Dent in the trailer

Thank God for that.:)

Oh yeah, I had almost forgotten about Harvey Dent in this movie.

Promethius30
January 2nd, 2008, 03:38 AM
I think it should be a good better than batman begins joker looks good

the fifth man
January 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
I think it should be a good better than batman begins joker looks good

If this one is better than Batman Begins, then boy, am I in for a treat. Considering I loved Batman Begins.:)

kharn the betrayer
January 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
If this one is better than Batman Begins, then boy, am I in for a treat. Considering I loved Batman Begins.:)

yes Batman Begins was great (its in my top 3 fav batman movies)

sure as hell made up for the travesties that where Batman forever and Batman and Robin

dosed150
January 4th, 2008, 01:09 AM
yes Batman Begins was great (its in my top 3 fav batman movies)

sure as hell made up for the travesties that where Batman forever and Batman and Robin

forever wasnt a complete travesty i thought it was alrite just nowhere near the standard of the tim burton batman films

mr_kennedy
January 4th, 2008, 02:10 AM
that was great

Artha O'neill
January 12th, 2008, 11:34 AM
forever wasnt a complete travesty i thought it was alrite just nowhere near the standard of the tim burton batman films
agreed

SaberBlade
January 12th, 2008, 01:29 PM

If they had made Two-Face and Riddler more serious characters, then I think it could have been better.

Hatusu
January 12th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks, Artha, for posting the link. :)

Last summer, Pyewackett and I were extras on this movie. The first day, we did for charity, then they asked us back. I looked like crazy for us in the crowd scenes; it was too distant and fast, but we are there. :D I still have hopes the scene where I got to duck bullets and run, makes it in. I did recognize many extras with which we worked.

After we were released from filming, I rushed to my car and drove it to meet some Gateworld friends at the Chicago Stargate convention.

I'm pleased to see the film looks gorgeous. It looks cool and fallish, but it was actually hot and steamy, at least in those scenes in front of the Chicago Board of Trade building (the memorial service with all the police). We were sweltering in our coats and our feet were killing us from standing for hours. At one point Pyewackett became ill from the heat and had to leave.

She recovered and worked 2 or 3 more days. We were pedestrians around a great chase scene, too. :)

Artha O'neill
January 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks, Artha, for posting the link. :)

Last summer, Pyewackett and I were extras on this movie. The first day, we did for charity, then they asked us back. I looked like crazy for us in the crowd scenes; it was too distant and fast, but we are there. :D I still have hopes the scene where I got to duck bullets and run, makes it in. I did recognize many extras with which we worked.

After we were released from filming, I rushed to my car and drove it to meet some Gateworld friends at the Chicago Stargate convention.

I'm pleased to see the film looks gorgeous. It looks cool and fallish, but it was actually hot and steamy, at least in those scenes in front of the Chicago Board of Trade building (the memorial service with all the police). We were sweltering in our coats and our feet were killing us from standing for hours. At one point Pyewackett became ill from the heat and had to leave.

She recovered and worked 2 or 3 more days. We were pedestrians around a great chase scene, too. :)
No problem at all Hatusu (OMG, i'm talking to a bonefide celebrity, lol)

- hope to see your face in the crowd.

GatetheWay
January 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1699/onesheetde2.jpg (http://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com)

If Indiana Jones gets a thread so should one of the other highly anticipated films of 2008. Here we can speculate and talk about the trailer (http://www.atasteforthetheatrical.com/), the prologue with the Joker that was released in IMAX in front of I Am Legend, the cast (Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, etc.), the characters (Bruce Wayne/Batman, The Joker, Harvey Dent, Rachel Dawes, Jim Gordon, etc.), stills from the film (http://www.worstpreviews.com/media.php?id=141&place=shots) that have been released, and the awesome viral (http://www.thegothamtimes.com/) promotion campaign (http://www.rorysdeathkiss.com/).

Can this movie surpass the greatness of Begins? Is it a good thing that Katie Holmes isn't coming back? Will the Joker kick serious ass or is Ledger not the the right guy for the job? What will happen to Harvey Dent and will it happen this movie or next? Are Harvey and Rachel dating? Who is Mike Engel? Do you think the new suit (http://www.worstpreviews.com/media.php?id=141&place=shots) looks cool or do you miss the old one? Will Nolan come back to direct a third Batman installment?

Let's discuss all these question and more as we wait for this summer blockbuster to be release in theaters July 18th, 2008. I've been a Batman fan since I was a kid and I think this will be the best Batman film we've seen.

MB.Eddie
January 20th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Batman Begins was awesome. I can't wait for this sequel. I am a little unsure about the joker though. Seems like he might be a bit over the top...

GatetheWay
January 20th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I saw the first six minutes of the film (the prologue) with the Joker when I saw I Am Legend (good movie) on IMAX and I thought he was really quite creepy and entertaining. Even though he was in the entire thing I wish I'd seen more of him as himself. But the guy just reeks psycho.

the fifth man
January 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I am definitely looking forward to this movie. I loved Batman Begins, and am very confident that this one will be even better.:) I can't wait to see more of the Joker.

Xicer
January 20th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I think there's a thread on this already:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=49575

but that's ok. ;) Yeah this is one of the few movies I'm really looking forward to this year, looks awesome.

GatetheWay
January 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I figured that was about the trailer, while this one was about the entire movie.... yeahokay I wanted to make a Dark Knight thread, so there. :p

P-90_177
January 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM
to me the idea of heath ledger as the joker is so porposterous that it's bound to be incredible.

Hatusu
January 20th, 2008, 08:58 PM
No problem at all Hatusu (OMG, i'm talking to a bonefide celebrity, lol)

- hope to see your face in the crowd.
LOL. NOT! :D

I expect we'll be recognizable in the film somewhere, most likely in the car chase/crash scene. We are definitely in the trailer, but teeny-tiny. We know we are there, but even we can't see ourselves. It's the overhead scene. I'm somewhere in the Gotham police scattering scene, too...I think. I know I was there! :S

GatetheWay
January 20th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Believe me. You will definitely not even think of Heath Ledger when you see the Joker. I can't believe he's the same guy. It's amazing he went from this (http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/762/knightstalepj1.jpg) to this (http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5305/thedarkknight34gk4.jpg). Grant it A Knight's Tale was seven years ago but it's still pretty cool.

Steve_the_Wraith
January 20th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I'm iffy about Heath Ledger but the more I see him the less I worry

I'm very happy about the replacement of Katie Holme's, to me she's a very typecast actress to the point characters she plays seem to come off a clichés

Artha O'neill
January 21st, 2008, 04:47 PM
LOL. NOT! :D

I expect we'll be recognizable in the film somewhere, most likely in the car chase/crash scene. We are definitely in the trailer, but teeny-tiny. We know we are there, but even we can't see ourselves. It's the overhead scene. I'm somewhere in the Gotham police scattering scene, too...I think. I know I was there! :S
In that case, i'm sure your contribution was excellent (even though i don't see you, lol).

Hatusu
January 21st, 2008, 06:01 PM
In that case, i'm sure your contribution was excellent (even though i don't see you, lol).
:D

I was just re-watching, "Batman Begins". If you live in Chicago, it can really freak you out, especially the scene where the El train plunges off the tracks.:eek:

GatetheWay
January 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Oh my god. Heath Ledger is dead (http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/actor-heath-ledger-is-found-dead/). I don't know what to say.

Trek_Girl42
January 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Bearer of some terrible news, I was just listening to the CBC news, and apparently Heath Ledger has been found dead in his New York apartment; I can't find any other links, but the news must have only just come out, as the announcer sounded genuinely shocked and was stumbling over the story- there obviously aren't any details yet.

SaberBlade
January 22nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Links are starting to appear now. It's only recently been announced but you shouldn't have trouble finding info on it. It's a shock really, as it's hard to believe that this could have happened. It's unexpected really. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan as you'd expect it from them. I'm tempted to watch '10 things I hate about you'.

Platschu
January 22nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
I still can't believe it. I wasn't a fan of him, but he was rich, talented and he died because of drug overdose. It is so sad. :(

I was also shocked, when I've heard about Brad Renfro too on this week. RIP.

Artha O'neill
January 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
yeah, its just been confirmed http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_en_mo/obit_ledger

its such a shock especially before the movie that was, imho, was going to make his career.

IcyNeko
January 22nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
:D

I was just re-watching, "Batman Begins". If you live in Chicago, it can really freak you out, especially the scene where the El train plunges off the tracks.:eek:

I was there the weekend they filmed that. :D

Jill_Ion
January 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
I still can't believe it. I wasn't a fan of him, but he was rich, talented and he died because of drug overdose. It is so sad. :(

I was also shocked, when I've heard about Brad Renfro too on this week. RIP.

I hadn't heard about Brad Renfro. I think I've only seen him on Law & Order. Sad, though. Both deaths. :(

Xicer
January 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Aww man, I just about read this a few minutes ago. I was shocked, its such a shame. And he was only 28. :( R.I.P. Heath

Quinn Mallory
January 22nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
Wow, that's really sad/shocking. Although I am not a fan of all of his works, I have enjoyed many of his movies. R.I.P. Heath.

the fifth man
January 22nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Like all of you, I can't believe he is dead. I've only seen a few of his movies, but was looking forward to seeing him tackle the role of the Joker. This is a very sad day.

DuncTK421
January 22nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
I was very shocked by this as well. I was so looking forward to seeing him as the Joker.

Trek_Girl42
January 22nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
I agree- this definitely puts quite a cloud over the new movie, especially considering by the preview, his performance looks to be brilliant; he certainly had a very bright career ahead of him. His role as the Joker is the thing that I have been looking forward to the most about this film, and will continue to do so, though it'll be sad to watch the movie when it finally does come out. :(

It has been said and said again, but 28 is just far too young. :S

gopher65
January 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
I don't normally blink at actor's deaths (the only death that has shaken me since my grampa died 15 years ago was Benazir Bhutto a few weeks ago. That was... unsettling). But this kinda surprised me. For some reason I didn't expect him to die :o

jds1982
January 22nd, 2008, 07:57 PM
Links are starting to appear now. It's only recently been announced but you shouldn't have trouble finding info on it. It's a shock really, as it's hard to believe that this could have happened. It's unexpected really. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan as you'd expect it from them. I'm tempted to watch '10 things I hate about you'.

Well they say deaths come in threes, so I wouldn't be surprised if Britney is next.

SaberBlade
January 23rd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Well they say deaths come in threes, so I wouldn't be surprised if Britney is next.

I wish, but I doubt it. Brad Renfro, Heath Ledger, someone more important needs to die next.

Westboro Baptist Church has decided to picket his funeral.

Xicer
January 23rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah I saw a picture of one of their flyers somewhere. Truly disgusting what they said.

Trek_Girl42
January 23rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
I wish, but I doubt it. Brad Renfro, Heath Ledger, someone more important needs to die next.

You wish? Why would you wish anyone dead? Train wreck she may be, but she doesn't deserve to be wished dead. :rolleyes: :mad: THINK about what you're saying before you speak.

jds1982
January 23rd, 2008, 01:26 PM

I truly hate those people. My brother was in Iraq and if anything had happened to him and those people showed up, they wouldn't have left under their own power.

IcyNeko
January 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
I wonder if U-Haul lets you rent heavy-duty SUVs and/or trucks....

Hatusu
January 23rd, 2008, 08:19 PM
I was there the weekend they filmed that. :D
Regarding the El crashing off the rails. Did you see the filming?

It is sad about Heath Ledger. :(

SaberBlade
January 25th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I truly hate those people. My brother was in Iraq and if anything had happened to him and those people showed up, they wouldn't have left under their own power.

It's gotten so bad, that I've heard some states have introduced fines for anyone caught protesting within 500 feet (I think) of a funeral all because they turned up and protested soliders who gave their lives defending their country, their comrades and innocent people.

I caught the last part of Dark Knight trailer when I went to see AvP² last night. He's death really made me believe that this film could perhaps be his best work and that it was ashame he'll never get to see just how well it does. All I can really hope for is that Joker was killed off (unlike Crane in the last) as it would be a shame for someone else to fill in the role in any possible sequel.

gopher65
January 25th, 2008, 08:35 AM
It's gotten so bad, that I've heard some states have introduced fines for anyone caught protesting within 500 feet (I think) of a funeral all because they turned up and protested soliders who gave their lives defending their country, their comrades and innocent people.
I don't agree with such protests, but I have to comment on that. There is a difference between protesting a government's actions at a funeral, and protesting the sexual orientation of the person who died at a funeral (and saying that person is going to be tortured for all eternity). One using the media coverage of the funeral in an impersonal way, and the other is a personal attack on the dead person.

Both are in bad taste to an objective observer, but the second one is just eyebrow raising.

GatetheWay
January 25th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Both sound just as horrible to me. But this is off topic.

The Dark Knight's official site has been updated (http://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com/) (click on the bat).

SaberBlade
January 25th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I don't agree with such protests, but I have to comment on that. There is a difference between protesting a government's actions at a funeral, and protesting the sexual orientation of the person who died at a funeral (and saying that person is going to be tortured for all eternity). One using the media coverage of the funeral in an impersonal way, and the other is a personal attack on the dead person.

Both are in bad taste to an objective observer, but the second one is just eyebrow raising.

But it doesn't matter if any soldier who dies in action is gay or not, they will still protest. A dead soldier is considered God's will by these people because they are anti-american, anti-gay and pretty much anti-everything. I've seen there site, these *******s are ****ed up, seriously. They've about 20 Godhates_____.com sites based on lots of different things. So they don't protest one thing, but all since it's God's work.

It was on the news that Heath would be taken home to Australia and buried. Can't see them following him to protest. I read on a NYTimes blog that people considered Heath sleeping. The massuse was in the same room with him for about 25 minutes so it makes you wonder if things could have been different if she intereacted with him earlier.

Have Chris Nolan or Christian Bale commented on the news about Heath's death?

GatetheWay
January 28th, 2008, 10:37 AM
A really nice piece about Heath Ledger in Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/id/105580) written by Christopher Nolan.

Trek_Girl42
January 28th, 2008, 12:36 PM
A really nice piece about Heath Ledger in Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/id/105580) written by Christopher Nolan.
Thanks for the link, that was a lovely piece. :)

the fifth man
January 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM

Thank you very much for the link to that.:)

Admiral Mappalazarou
January 28th, 2008, 11:47 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/mappalazarou/batman-1.jpg

This is the thread for discussing the movie Batman Begins, as well as its sequel The Dark Knight. Personally, I'm a massive fan of Batman Begins, listing it as probably the best Batman movie ever made (after the appalling Batman & Robin, who can blame me?).

For me, BB portrayed the hero as everything he was supposed to be in a film. I loved how that, to seperate the personas of Bruce Wayne and Batman, it was written for Bruce Wayne to be Gothams version of Paris Hilton (Page 5: Drunken Billionaire burns down home, playing with two strange girls in a 'pool' after buying a restaurant, throwing a load of rich guests out of his home whilst intoxicated, etc.).

I can't wait for The Dark Knight to be released, but it looks like I have to wait until July for that. It's going to be hard watching Heath Ledger play such a distorted role though as the Joker, since he's known for playing traditional hero-types in his movies (A Knights Tale, 10 Things I hate about you). And also, because of his death, I wonder how that will effect the movie when it does come out?

Here's the trailer for The Dark Knight, if you haven't seen it yet;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkT1wdRePco

Trek_Girl42
January 29th, 2008, 10:19 AM
There's already a Batman thread. ;)

That being said, Batman Begins aired on Global yesterday, and I still can't get over how good this movie is. Fantastic- I love Nolan's take on it, having 'Batman" not appear for the first fourty five minutes to build up the back story was genius. And Christian Bale is without doubt the best Batman; all of the other Batman films look a joke compared to this one (actually, they don't need to be compared to anything to look a joke), the Tim Burton one included.

atlantis_babe34
January 29th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Batman is like me hero so i really wanna see it.. i dunno if i would be able to watch it with Heath in it... Its weird, but i'm sure it will be awesome!

Trek_Girl42
January 29th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Batman is like me hero so i really wanna see it.. i dunno if i would be able to watch it with Heath in it... Its weird, but i'm sure it will be awesome!
It'll be strange, but it'll be a great movie, and whether they place the dedication at the beginning or the end, I'm bound to get teary. :o But it won't deter me. Good actors (especially ones like Heath, and with a character like this) play their characters to make their movies to be just that, movies. You go to see who the actor is pretending to be not who they are; they don't want you to think of that while you're watching. So honestly, the saddest bit will be afterwards walking out of the theater realizing that that is it- even if this is the best Batman movie ever made, there will be that sense of letdown afterwards because of this, and that's just how it's going to be and I doubt anyone can expect any different. It's going to be a very subdued experience.

GatetheWay
January 30th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Dude, a thread about this was just started like two weeks ago and it's only ten threads down from this one. :p

kiwigater
January 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM
bump to find

GatetheWay
March 2nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
The viral campaign has started back up (http://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com/Default.aspx) again. This time it's focusing on Harvey Dent.

GatetheWay
March 7th, 2008, 06:12 PM
The new viral marketing is officially a go once again. Head over to ibelieveinharveydent.com (http://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com/) to check it out.

Artha O'neill
March 21st, 2008, 10:28 AM
The new viral marketing is officially a go once again. Head over to ibelieveinharveydent.com (http://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com/) to check it out.
Mmmm...a future villian for the third movie, perhaps.

GatetheWay
March 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
It's been confirmed that Dent turns into Two Face sometime during The Dark Knight.

the fifth man
March 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM
It's been confirmed that Dent turns into Two Face sometime during The Dark Knight.

Really? Do you have a link?

GatetheWay
March 21st, 2008, 09:45 PM
Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent) was the first to confirm it in an interview a while ago. Here's an article (http://chud.com/articles/articles/13931/1/THE-TWO-PERFORMANCES-OF-TWO-FACE/Page1.html) (Warning: Mild spoiler) about Nolan's unique technique he'll use to create the character.

the fifth man
March 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent) was the first to confirm it in an interview a while ago. Here's an article (http://chud.com/articles/articles/13931/1/THE-TWO-PERFORMANCES-OF-TWO-FACE/Page1.html) (Warning: Mild spoiler) about Nolan's unique technique he'll use to create the character.

Thanks for that link. Definitely an interesting read. I really can't wait for this film.:)