No announcement yet.

The Batman Begins Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up on Batman and Robin the minute the henchmen started ice-skating.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
      I gave up on Batman and Robin the minute the henchmen started ice-skating.
      One of many bizarre and silly things in that show... I had a good laugh...

Yeah she's a traditionalist she like's the Michael Keaton Batman, wasn't such a big fan of Bale.
      I was never really convinced by Keaton's Bruce Wayne... (I like Keaton as Beetlejuice and Mr Mom)... "playboy millionaire"? I don't think so... Can't imagine women falling for him left, right and centre. This rather impaired my enjoyment of his Batman.
      But I don't think BB is just about whether Bale is a good Batman/Bruce Wayne... it has a better developed storyline about origins... and finally a story about Batman and not The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy and Catwoman.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

The first Batman I saw was Val Kilmer's, so he was who I associated as Batman (I still think he did a good job), Keaton never convinced me, and Clooney was just a joke. But now Bale's always gonna be Batman for me

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Ah... Val Kilmer... has that suave look as well... Yes... he had the right look but I also got the feeling that really wasn't very happy about being there. His Batman was closer to what I imagined a playboy billionaire to look like.
          But like you said... Bale's the Man... er... the Bat...

What did ya think of Katie...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Wasn't such a big fan of Katie, she wasn't bad or anything... just not as convincing as the other's or maybe it was that she just seemed to young.

Comment

She did look rather young to be Assistant DA but I didn't find her repulsive... I didn't mind the character, who is a bit of a crusader herself really.
              sigpic

Comment

Hehe, it seems like I'm always following the ladies from the Aussie thread around.

Have to be honest, I was expecting Katie Holmes to annoy me a lot more. But like what Eemo said, she wasn't as convincing as the others. But she was okay.

On a shallower note, Cillian Murphy has the prettiest blue eyes.

Comment

I thought her character had promise and I was happy that she didn't fall head-over-heels for Bruce, but I was watching and I just kept on seeing Katie Holmes and not the character.

Comment

Hi Blue... You've joined us... finally...
                    She didn't annoy that much... she didn't even scream... which was a relief...

Cillian Murphy must've been picked for those eyes... Honestly if looks could kill... But his American accent was pretty good too...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      Hehe, it seems like I'm always following the ladies from the Aussie thread around.
                      "Psst, Easter I think Blue's stalking us"

On a shallower note, Cillian Murphy has the prettiest blue eyes.
                      He is lovely isn't he, hope he comes back

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                        I thought her character had promise and I was happy that she didn't fall head-over-heels for Bruce, but I was watching and I just kept on seeing Katie Holmes and not the character.
                        That's what you get for watching Dawson's Creek...

I didn't think the character was entirely a waste of space..
                        She acted as his conscience, and had an influence on the way he later distinguished himself from the rest of the League of Shadows. My take on this is that she and Alfred are the only two people who really know Bruce Wayne... for everyone they only see the facade... the billionaire playboy and the Batman... She seems to understand that he is a man on a mission... that he has a job to do... and she respects that and knows that it is not possible for them to have a relationship while he's doing his crime-fighting stuff. That is the price of being a superhero... it's not possible to have a normal kind of life.
                        I must also add that I love the whole Scarlet Pimpernel angle to Bruce Wayne... when Christian Bale gives that silly grin and acts like an airhead... I think of Sir Percy Blakeney and his foolish chatter.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          That's what you get for watching Dawson's Creek...
                          Ok I did go through a faze, but in my defence, I was 13 when it started and very easily manipulated by teen angst

I must also add that I love the whole Scarlet Pimpernel angle to Bruce Wayne... when Christian Bale gives that silly grin and acts like an airhead... I think of Sir Percy Blakeney and his foolish chatter.
                          I loved the drunk birthday speach routine and the line "A grown man who runs around the city dressed as a bat clearly has issues"

Comment

Glad they had her as a non-romance. I liked the idea of her character (for all the reasons Easter metioned and the fact that she was useful), but right now my brain is in the process of painting out Katie Holmes and replacing her with another actress.

Can fear be a theme? I liked how the story's focus was on fear. And how the League of Shadows tied in with Bruce's life. How Batman reflected their entire ideaology to a degree, the use of a symbol and straying to the dark side in the name of good.

The darkness of Batman's character is something you really don't see in other superheroes. I liked it, especially how he dealt with Ducard in the end. He treaded a fine line there.

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                              I loved the drunk birthday speach routine and the line "A grown man who runs around the city dressed as a bat clearly has issues"
                              Doesn't he ever...

But then comes the line: It's not who you are underneath, but what you do, that defines you.
                              And do you feel his pain or what?

Incidentally, does Bruce Wayne ever have offsprings?
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't remember there being any, and I don't think he ever married either.

Comment

Working...
                                X