Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equilibrium was one very cool film...
    But I actually liked Sky Captain...

I don't know if big name actors were the problem or that the previous director allowed the villians to, quite literally, take over the film. The beauty of this film is that it focused on the story and on the characters and allowed that them to interact naturally. There were a number of big name actors in this film like Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Rutger Hauer and Morgan Freeman so I don't think the name is the problem as much as the acting or directing.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I hope that "Batman-Bale" does at least two more flicks. Also, that TPTB will have 'superhero' type work with him, but not ROBIN! The newer fans of BATMAN lore need to understand the darkside of the Dark Knight before they are exposed to the nipple suit films.

Oh, ya, sorry ... No BatGirl/Woman. It just makes too many bats in the bell tower.

And, even if Jack Nickolas is 'too' old to play the Joker .... he is the only one who can.
      The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
        I hope that "Batman-Bale" does at least two more flicks. Also, that TPTB will have 'superhero' type work with him, but not ROBIN! The newer fans of BATMAN lore need to understand the darkside of the Dark Knight before they are exposed to the nipple suit films.
        The rumour is that Nolan envisages a trilogy and that everyone has signed up for the sequel except for Katie Holmes who has managed to annoy TPTB with her Tom gushing.
        I am really pleased that we finally have a Batman movie that is... surprise, surprise about Batman...

And, even if Jack Nickolas is 'too' old to play the Joker .... he is the only one who can.
        Well, I'm not entirely convinced by that... but I'm interested to see who they'll pick..
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim

Oh, ya, sorry ... No BatGirl/Woman. It just makes too many bats in the bell tower.

Some people have said robbin williams since he was the runner up to Nicholson then, He was pissed he was used to bait nicholson and never came back even when they offerd him Riddler.

But since Chris Nolan worked with Williams in Insomnia , He is the only director who had the balls to risk Williams playing the role which actually helped it because it kept you confused , He Managed to make Williams actually creepy.

I think Williams might be willing to return since "Nolan" is doing it they have worked together before.

I think either Robin Williams, Mark Hamil, Cripsin Glover.

I think Batman needs to remain Solo in the next film , We havent seen enough of him and developed the Gordon relationship to start to get crowded with other characters so soon would screw it.

There should be no Robin , "Robin" is a element of campiness and that kills off Batman uber darkness and leaves the franchise open to "joe schmucks" to ruin it.

To me it should be "Jason Todd" not Dick Grayson , Nightwing not Robin, The character should be a african american played someone like DMX or maybe younger , Id like to see this guy not a "younger" kid to Batman but a equal or just a loosecanon vilgilante rogue that Batman tries to mold , Maybe Lucious Fox nefue or somthing.

Id like to think of this new Jason Todd , Sort of a former gang member trying to take revenge on his former rival gangsters the street gangs responsible for the attacks and violence freitening the street in his neighborhood selling drugs and turning the place to ****. He would be a street brawler vehicle of choice is a motocycle as he is obessed with speed , His attack style is a baseball bat or swinging pointed chains hooking folks from behind.

This Nightwing has distrust of Bruce Wayne since to him he is just a spoilt rich white guy who gives crock charity to look good, Hates Cops dislikes Gordon, He would give a typical comment like : Batman like the Cops only cares for white neighborhoods never gave a **** about the crap here in the projects man to him were all gang banging drug pushers hoods we niggaz are all the same to them!! "Us folks have to fend for ourselves cause nobody else will".

Nightwing Jason Todd would get into trouble for beating the crap out of a corrupt racist cops, Who nearly beat to death some black kid .

Jason Todd is street smart dude just trying to survive the worse slums areas in gotham trying to protect his mother and younger sister, Trying to clean the nieghborhood. He wont be a stupid carny or annoying ****** , Id like to see him like a MalcolmX meets martin Lurther King but put into Superhero context Batman is a symbol I think his partner should be the same but more specific.

Racism or just the usual bottom feeder improverishment real social issues have never been converd in Batman, I want it to be more relevant to today and not the 1950's segregationist world were a black person couldnt even appear on a comic unless he had a broomstick sweeping the floor, I want a hero that would reach to out minorities but also give a role model and promote unity for humanity , I want a hero that has his own flaws and faults that he will learn to overcome and break the rascial divide were we have total fair wide outreach to all in the spirit of Martin Luther King, When he said I have a dream he didnt just mean it solely for blacks he meant for everyone being one people one family working together.

continuing on with the story.

Batman gives chase but then realize what happend and then changes course and tries to protect Jason Todd giving him assylum in his manor, tries to settle the distrust between them,Jason Todd gets reacqauinted with his uncle Lucious Fox , Jason mom had history with her brother Lucious , But comes to settle it sort of welcomes a male role model figure and family in his life like uncle Lucious , With a arrest warrant on Jason head , Wayne knows he cant go back as Jason Todd, Lucious gives Jason his own gear like Batman , Jason basis his new persona after his old defunct gang street name "Nightwing",The Raven becomes his symbol.

Bruce trains and hooms Jasons fighting skills sort of the way "Ducard" started Bruce Wayne except Wayne wants to train a fighter not a killer.

This Nightwing wont have a "distinguished cape" nore that dinky zorro mask Batman had a reason for it, In order to glide and have the scary Bat features.

Nightwing should look more Ninja like with some "Biker" in it with a Bandana, A Katana sword and can do huge stunts with his Bike Id gather Lucious would make a him a "another high tech custom prototype" tumbler job ,Nitres packs on his motorbike for sure.
          Last edited by Bast; 22 June 2005, 03:48 PM.
          The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
            Some people have said robbin williams since he was the runner up to Nicholson then, He was pissed he was used to bait nicholson and never came back even when they offerd him Riddler.

But since Chris Nolan worked with Williams in Insomnia , He is the only director who had the balls to risk Williams playing the role which actually helped it because it kept you confused , He Managed to make Williams actually creepy.

I think Williams might be willing to return since "Nolan" is doing it they have worked together before.

I think either Robin Williams, Mark Hamil, Cripsin Glover.

I think Batman needs to remain Solo in the next film , We havent seen enough of him and developed the Gordon relationship to start to get crowded with other characters so soon would screw it.

There should be no Robin , "Robin" is a element of campiness and that kills off Batman uber darkness and leaves the franchise open to "joe schmucks" to ruin it.

To me it should be "Jason Todd" not Dick Grayson , Nightwing not Robin, The character should be a african american played someone like DMX or maybe younger , Id like to see this guy not a "younger" kid to Batman but a equal or just a loosecanon vilgilante rogue that Batman tries to mold , Maybe Lucious Fox nefue or somthing.

Id like to think of this new Jason Todd , Sort of a former gang member trying to take revenge on his former rival gangsters the street gangs responsible for the attacks and violence freitening the street in his neighborhood selling drugs and turning the place to ****. He would be a street brawler vehicle of choice is a motocycle as he is obessed with speed , His attack style is a baseball bat or swinging pointed chains hooking folks from behind.

This Nightwing has distrust of Bruce Wayne since to him he is just a spoilt rich white guy who gives crock charity to look good, Hates Cops dislikes Gordon, He would give a typical comment like : Batman like the Cops only cares for white neighborhoods never gave a **** about the crap here in the projects man to him were all gang banging drug pushers hoods we niggaz are all the same to them!! "Us folks have to fend for ourselves cause nobody else will".

Nightwing Jason Todd would get into trouble for beating the crap out of a corrupt racist cops, Who nearly beat to death some black kid .

Jason Todd is street smart dude just trying to survive the worse slums areas in gotham trying to protect his mother and younger sister, Trying to clean the nieghborhood. He wont be a stupid carny or annoying ****** , Id like to see him like a MalcolmX meets martin Lurther King but put into Superhero context Batman is a symbol I think his partner should be the same but more specific.

Racism or just the usual bottom feeder improverishment real social issues have never been converd in Batman, I want it to be more relevant to today and not the 1950's segregationist world were a black person couldnt even appear on a comic unless he had a broomstick sweeping the floor, I want a hero that would reach to out minorities but also give a role model and promote unity for humanity , I want a hero that has his own flaws and faults that he will learn to overcome and break the rascial divide were we have total fair wide outreach to all in the spirit of Martin Luther King, When he said I have a dream he didnt just mean it solely for blacks he meant for everyone being one people one family working together.

continuing on with the story.

Batman gives chase but then realize what happend and then changes course and tries to protect Jason Todd giving him assylum in his manor, tries to settle the distrust between them,Jason Todd gets reacqauinted with his uncle Lucious Fox , Jason mom had history with her brother Lucious , But comes to settle it sort of welcomes a male role model figure and family in his life like uncle Lucious , With a arrest warrant on Jason head , Wayne knows he cant go back as Jason Todd, Lucious gives Jason his own gear like Batman , Jason basis his new persona after his old defunct gang street name "Nightwing",The Raven becomes his symbol.

Bruce trains and hooms Jasons fighting skills sort of the way "Ducard" started Bruce Wayne except Wayne wants to train a fighter not a killer.

This Nightwing wont have a "distinguished cape" nore that dinky zorro mask Batman had a reason for it, In order to glide and have the scary Bat features.

Nightwing should look more Ninja like with some "Biker" in it with a Bandana, A Katana sword and can do huge stunts with his Bike Id gather Lucious would make a him a "another high tech custom prototype" tumbler job ,Nitres packs on his motorbike for sure.

Good read :thumbsup:

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I saw the movie last Saturday afternoon. Two big thumbs up from me, and two paws up from my sidekick Cheeky the Monkey.

Loved the look of it. Especially the shot of Batman just standing on top of the skyscraper, while the camera panned round him - not a CG shot BTW, it was a real stunt guy, cabled to the building while the camera flew past in a helicopter.
                Loved the new Batmobile - "Can you at least tell me what he's driving?"

Who should play the Joker? Simple - Ray Liotta, no question.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

wow can't believe I didn't think of Ray Liotta, he'd be perfect

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                  DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Possibly... I don't know...
                    They've done a fair bit of casting against type in BB... so anyone with any acting chops is fair game really...
                    sigpic

Comment

Finally... someone I know has seen the film! She thought it was very good... in her words... "much better than Star Wars" But she was really impressed with Christian Bale and his ability to portray Bruce Wayne and Batman as separate entities.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        Finally... someone I know has seen the film! She thought it was very good... in her words... "much better than Star Wars" But she was really impressed with Christian Bale and his ability to portray Bruce Wayne and Batman as separate entities.
                        That what I realy loved about the film. Other superhero films haven't portrayed the duality of the the character, their just the same person wearing a mask.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                          That what I realy loved about the film. Other superhero films haven't portrayed the duality of the the character, their just the same person wearing a mask.
                          There's been some criticism of Bale not gettting the Batman aspect right... Now I haven't read any Batman comics but I thought he was pretty terrifying especially in the Flass interrogation scene.... "Swear to Me!" I liked his raspy voice which some have criticised but I thought that it gave him a slightly more bestial edge.
                          I mean, the guy made me care about Bruce Wayne/Batman... which has almost never happened before.
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't mind his voice, it made sense to me that Wayne would try to disguise his voice. My friend didn't like it though, she said he sounded to much like the George Clooney Batman.

Comment

By that we can assume that she didn't like the George Clooney Batman...
                              He was okay when he was interacting with Alfred but the rest of the time, he didn't look like he wanted to be there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah she's a traditionalist she like's the Michael Keaton Batman, wasn't such a big fan of Bale.

Comment

Working...
                                X