No announcement yet.

The Batman Begins Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think Spiderman 2 is the best super hero movie. But I loved this movie… I was expecting it to be just okay but it was really fantastic. I liked the first half (Bruce as a boy, the training, him returning to Gotham) more than the second half (actual Batman stuff) but over all it was a great movie. I thought Katie Holms wasn’t going to work, cause you can’t really shoehorn a love interest into the BatMythos, but they handled her perfectly and at the end she understood what the deal was (between them) without him having to tell her. Alfred and Lucius were spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
      the only thing i did not like about it was the setup for the boy to become Robin.
      I think you're reading too much into it. There was no indication that that kid was going to become Robin. The color of his shirt (and undershirt) was simply a nod to the boy wonder. Nothing else.

Also about the Joker... Australian actor Lachy Hulme's rumoured for the role.

Comment

Christian Bale was the kid in "Empire of the Sun" long ago and carried the whole movie. If you haven't seen it. . rent it. .its great.

The issue of where Robin came from was dealt with in the second Batman film, I believe. As for the Joker. .does anyone really think they can best Jack Nicholson?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

What a fabulous film... I want to see it again!
          I knew it was going to be good and it was... Christian Bale is brilliant as I thought he would be.
          I loved Spiderman 2 but I think this is a better paced film... The first part of the film was very moving... I can't believe that I had a bit of a sob... in a movie about a superhero...

The only person I wasn't too sure about Katie Holmes but she did alright... Thank God for no screaming. My only complaint is that she's probably a bit too young looking for the part.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            As for the Joker. .does anyone really think they can best Jack Nicholson?
            Maybe not... But maybe they can do it differently...

One thing I really liked about the villians in this Batman movie is that they don't really have to ham it up... They are all intense (and in their own way, nut jobs) but they believe in what they are doing and are hell bent on doing it. They wear a mask of respectability but they are so driven by their own rightness that they have no room for reflection. These are the kinds of people who make good terrorists...
            Larger than life villians have their place... but it's the quiet, respectable ones that really terrify me...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I really loved this film, best IMHO Batman film so far. I liked how it was more focused on Batman then the villans. The previous films wasted the character of Wayne, they never really explored the duality of his personality or what made him different from just being a vigilante. I think this time they've got it right

I also have to say that I loved Scarecrow, Cillian Murphy did a great job. I loved that final shot of him on the horse, hope he comes back for another film

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
              DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, Imo... about the movie being more about Batman than the previous ones. Probably that is why it has ended up being a much better film overall. I think the larger than life villians were allowed to take over those earlier films, which was a mistake. The focus should have always been on the hero.
                sigpic

Comment

I think thats why the Spiderman films have been so good aswell. Eventhough the Spidy villans were more OTT, the hero was still the main focus of the story.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Two thumbs way up. It's still not as good as the Kevin Conroy Batman, but it's damned close.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I mean, who doesn't want to see more Christian Bale right? Although Cillian Murphy is pretty easy on the eyes as well. But I suspect we'll see him again.

The thing is, Christian Bale looks like he really wants to be Batman. He's got all the right energy... and one feels that he's invested himself in this. His predecessors, on the other hand, looked liked they wanted to be elsewhere.

I also found it interesting that they got Liam Neeson to be this counter Qui Gon persona...

While the whole movie had various shades of darkness, I felt that there was always an underlying sense of humour going through it. And the dialogue... What good dialogue can't do for a film!
                      sigpic

Comment

I was surprised by how good Michael Caine was as Alfred, I was a bit iffy before hand with his casting, he seemed to big of a name. But he was perfect. It was really obvious how much he cared for Bruce, especially in the scene after the car chase, when he questioned Bruce if he was just in it for the thrill.

Comment

Michael Caine knows how to be understated...
                          But as you say... he was great... the film's sense of humour...
                          sigpic

Comment

I think they need to get Ace the Bathound back , While maybe not as Batmans little helper but maybe "Bruce Waynes".

He would guard Wayne Manor maul intruders , Maybe keep Batman company in the cave on those lonely nights.

Ace the Bathound was in the 40's-50's golden age comics , His collectibles are prized highly valued possesions.

http://www.thecharlieman.com/back_to_other_d3.htm

Ace has been reintroduced in the Cartoon "batman beyond" as well sort of as a dobberman.

Batman had taken in Ace as a adopted pet since the poor pouch was forced into the dangerous sport of pit fighting and forced to fight other dogs to the death in the arena for sport.

Gordon and Batman busted the operation and rescued the dogs, Ace had taken a likeing to Batman or Bruce Wayne and kept following him around eventually the two bounded.

"krypto" supermans dog has come back in "Smallville" why not?

It would pay homage to classic Batman without any campy corny stuff.

My take on what the "Joker should be" , While the man behind the makeup was a former night club comedic "Jack napier" who did jobs for the mafia and its houncho "Carmine Falcone" doing mock up distractions in public so the gangsters could do bank heists dressed as clown for Carmines grandson,Jack's career as a on stage comedic didnt go to well as his bizzare "humour" just waisnt accepted by the audience so he got "boo's" beer bottles tossed at him and was humiliated , Angerd and fustrated decided to gun down the night club the following night with tommy gun laughing hysterically while doing it.

Jack got busted , Arrested for premeditated murder but thanks to our good freind Dr Crane "scarecrow" he was declared "insane" and sent to Arkam assylum were he got the treatment we witnessed in BB.

But lucky for him a secret admirer of his who unlike everyone else had taken to his sick demented humour on stage , Had given him the antidote to the hallucingenic drug Dr Cranes asistant Dr Harley Quin.

While the hole Ra'as'Ghul crisis happend in the city his sympathetic secret admirer and psycologist "Harley Quin" smuggled him out of the looney bin and had taken him to a safe hideout.

Jack Napier sufferd some perminant damage from the drug and as such was now twisted even more then before , Knowing that Carmine Falcone is out of the way he had dreams and ambitions of taken over "Gotham" criminal underworld much less torture and maime Dr Crane, So jack put on his new Persona "The Joker" and morphed his appearence as a diabolic clown, "Harley Quin" changed her appearence as well to go along with her lover.
                            Last edited by Bast; 20 June 2005, 10:51 PM.
                            The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Yes... I heard the rumour that Mark Hamil was tipped to play The Joker... I've seen bits and pieces of the animated series and never realised that it was him! A lot of people have said that he doesn't quite look the part but I don't think that matters, does it?... It's more important that he "sounds" the part, I think. These days, with a bit of cosmetics and latex, anyone can look like anything..

I am also tickled by the idea of Johnny Depp or Crispin Glover playing The Joker.
                              sigpic

Comment

No distracting big wig gimme actors that will like ruin the role just like what happend in batman & robin, Besides save money on the budget dont waste cash just to get "johnn depp" or "Jude Law" when you can get a more talented actor for less, Save it to blow stuff up, Those other actors are a distraction because you see "jude law" and not the character.

Jude Law roles as of late like Sky captain of have been abysmal!

Christian Bale is a incredible actor , I was already a fan since equiliberium and handeled this one quite well, You can tell he was satisfied with the role as a actor, Not just as a crazy fan who wants to be Batman and put on the suite and prance.

Mark Hamil isnt a geek fanboy he is part of the DC universe appearing at conventions and so fourth,For him he admires the character and enthusiatic about it, He gave up his acting role on a sucessful tv show so he could play in starwars a film at that time waisnt certain to be a sucess but "Mark" had faith and sacrificed for it he is dedicated.

For him this chance is a opportunity to break out of the obscurity of type casting, He could lead to revival of Mark Hamils career past starwars.
                                The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Working...
                                X