No announcement yet.

The Batman Begins Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We gotta get you a nickname man...cause typing out littlemiguelkr is to long....from now on you're....Boots...or something we'll figure it out.

But yea, Static Shock killed the DC universe. Thank goodness CN/AS made Justice League/Justice Leage: Unlimited. Cause that leaves out the metahumans.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Some ppl on these boards just simply say 'lmj' haha...

Although i like Marval, because yah, i just do, i would like DC to not have yes, what we have been saying, "metahumans", but anyways, yes Justice League is what makes me still like DC, and i'm happy they made Justice League Unlimited, bringing in so much more DC superheros, every week
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I still haven't seen Star Cross 1 & 2....and I even set the tv reminder!!! AHAHA!

Is it just me...or should this movie be called BATMAN: BEGININGS??

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I guess because its about when he actually started becoming 'batman'? Haha... Me don't know

Comment

Oh, I found this site dedicated to the new Batman Animated Series, that is going to premier, wither this winter, or next srping, depending on the WB and what not. It almost leads into Batman Begins.

http://www.legionsofgotham.org/Batman.html

Worth a look.

Comment

LMJ, im jsut gonna calle you LittleOne lol....it's just that your names starts with Little...hehe
              anyway...more info on the movie and new news: http://movies.go.com/movies/B/batman...004/index.html

new batmobile loks pretty awsome...something like hammer, lol....anyway i'm probably gonna like it! and catwoman looks pretty good to me!

Comment

Catwoman does look interesting, although i wasn't to 'wowed' by the special effects shown in one of the previews where she jumps out of the building, and while in the air shes all moving all weird, kind freakish -like

Comment

I don't know...it doesn't even use the charcter of Selena Kyle. Its some Patcience chick...

Comment

those who saw it. what did you think of it. I liked the characters I thought bale did better then expected. Katie hoolmes was weak as the love interest. I did think it was stupid the prison camp thing. I liked the ending looking forward to the next one. Is batman back on track now?

Comment

Big thumbs up, this was better than any and all of the previous franchise. A true origin story for Batman, with the villians playing second fiddle (as opposed to the previos series of films, that were more interested in the baddies). I already can't wait for the next one (and there will be more. Who should play the Joker?).

a time to mourn

Comment

Havent seen it, yet it looks great. Next one? Surely they already have the Joker film in the format of "Batman" I was under the impression that this would fit in with the other films, and face it, who other than Jack Nicholas (or is it Nicholson?) could really pull of that roll?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I see why Katie Holmes hooked up with Cruise ... she is easyly forgotten in this Batman release. She looks like a child next to Bale/Bruce/Batman.

Bale did well enough, he made up for Clooney and he didn't need a padded muscle suit to pull of Batman. Micael Caine is the best Alfred .. very funny and gives the best wisearsh remarks.

Morgan Freeman, excellent as hidden asset to Bruce.
                          Hauer and Oldman, equall good in their roles.
                          Liem Neeson, better then any supervillian.
                          The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

I thought it was extremely well done. Better than the Spiderman series but not quite as good as X-men. Bale did a perfect job capturing the multiple sides of Bruce Wayne. He was joined by an awesome supporting cast(Caine in particular was perfect as the butler). A previous post described Holmes as being relatively weak. I thought she did an excellent job portraying her character. Unlike Spiderman, the "love interest" in this movie took more of a sideline and her character had much more to do with the plot than just being "Wayne's girl". She also had perfect chemistry with Bale. My one semi-major gripe is that some of the fight scenes were filmed in too close. It seemed like a melee of bodies and I couldn't always tell what was happening in the fight(other than that Batman was owning ) Also, while Nicholson did do a good job with the Joker in the past, I am looking forward to seeing how they pull it off in this remodelled series that is trying to be mostly realistic(and yes...the ending of the movie strongly implies that the Joker will be a major factor in the sequel that I hope will be filmed).

Basic point...Batman Begins is a must see. I will definitely be buying this when it comes out on DVD and might even go see it in the theaters a couple more times.
                            Last edited by FitzFG; 16 June 2005, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Seeing this movie is definitely on my "to do" list. This should have been THE first movie; introducing us to the creation of the character in much the same way it was done with Spiderman. The previous films only made a 'bassackwards' attempt to teach us anything about the man behind the mask.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Two thumbs up!!!! I loved it and plan on going to see it again with a friend that has not seen the movie yet.

It was so refreshing to see a Batman movie finally that does a decent job of going into the back story of hwo Bruce Wayne becames Batman.

Strong cast all around.

There are plans for two more movies with the next having the Joker as the major villian. I look forward to the next one
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X