This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Educated Guess at the Plots for "Quest," Parts I and II

After watched Ripple Effect, I've concluded that "Quest" must be a quest for a ZPM to power the Ancient weapon in Antarctica - much like "Lost City," although we already found the city.
    What think you?

Maybe, or it could be for a zpm Factory
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Doubt it, although there is no way of knowing for sure. In 'New Order', they had a perfectly working ZPM, yet were fretting about the Goa'uld to send a single ship to test the defences. Yet it had been at least weeks, since O'neill was frozen & Weir was packing up for her new role in selecting the Atlantis expedition members. So they may have drones & they may not have drones.

Myself, I think it's a continuation of the S2 finale. Where they are looking for Arthurs tech. Either an ancient ship or a kickass energy weapon. JM made a commend in his thread a couple of months ago, about the Alterrans having their ships that they used when first coming to the MW lying out there in the MW. So maybe it's a hunt for them, to use the original ancient tech that helped escape the Ori in the first place.

Comment

Definitely some nice ideas in here, I'll give you that. Who knows what tptb truly have up their sleeves? I'll tell you this though, whatever route they take, it should be a wild and enjoyable ride.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, based off of the fact that in "black" SG-1s reality, they had to search for a ZPM to power the Ancient weapon to defend themselves from the Ori... it makes you wonder, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
            Well, based off of the fact that in "black" SG-1s reality, they had to search for a ZPM to power the Ancient weapon to defend themselves from the Ori... it makes you wonder, you know?
            Yeah, I see where you're coming from. You never know, I guess.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hey! We will in a year!

Comment

quest for Adria?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                  Janet's team couldn't find a cure to the Ori plague that was wiping out their version of Earth. They all had similarities but weren't the same in every reality. We already know bits from the S3 opener & as anything is possible then I wouldn't rule anything out until we get more info. However since it ends on a cliffhanger while they are searching Merlin's lab, then it's obviously pretty much certain that they won't find it in time to stop the Ori ships from making it into the galaxy. So this ep is most likely a continuation of the previous finale. Maybe they might even be searching for Merlin or Arthur in person. Most likely Earth warheads & Jaffa weapons can't compete or damage the Ori ships. So they find some sort of weapon or specs, put it on a ship & that does the damage.

Although ther Asgard seem to have power sources that are equal to a ZPM or as close to as anyone will ever get. So why can't the SGC get them to rig something up in Antartica for them. It's not as if it'd be used frequently, it's be used hardly ever, except in the threat of Earth's annihilation.

Although either way, it has to be something pretty big, especially since we know what happens over Chulak.

The only problem is waiting until July to get it all resolved. That's the real killer that gets you! Too much time with nothing to do.

Comment

The quest for Excalibur.

Excalibur was an Ancient war ship, top of the line, given to Arthur to help him understand the galaxy in which he lived. Powered by two ZPMs, it was a mammoth in size dwarfing that of a go auld mother ship. After Merlin died and ascended Arthur used the extra ZPMs that were on board to shield the vessel is he hid the vessel in a gas giant, for his return; or that of someone with the ancient gene.

note
                    The Welsh name for Excalibur was Caladvwlch, equating linguistically with Irish Caladbolg, the name of a sword borne by heroes in Irish legend, derived from calad (hard) and bolg (lightning).

hard lightning....sounds like weapon fire to me.

your thoughts.

sigpic

Comment

Lets face It will not be any of the ideas on this web site. In fact I could see them constantly changing there stories so that it will not match any of our ideas.

Comment

I know it is a Quest for something.

I like the idea of looking for the ships the Alterans travelled to our galaxy in. I also like the idea of that ship maybe being Excalibur.

Mattathias

Comment

Lets face It will not be any of the ideas on this web site. In fact I could see them constantly changing there stories so that it will not match any of our ideas.

The one idea that I would like see happen is that SG1 one enter merlin lab and find clue which takes them round the entire Galaxy, after several weeks mission, taking them all to their limits, cracking merlin riddles, and fighting his knights. Only to find out that the excalibar is on the planet earth. And then it turn out the british had the ship for the past sixty years and under the guidence of arthur, have been revers engineering the ship and have an entire fleet of war ships. And arthur can see into the future he would only let the british use the ships in our greatish hour of need. Which as it happen to be when the earth is attack by no other than the ori. Britains rises up to single handaly defend the freedom of planet and its people.

Remember the americans are not the only ones which can keeps secrets except we British can kept our secrets forever and the americans cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                            Remember the americans are not the only ones which can keeps secrets except we British can kept our secrets forever and the americans cannot.
                            I wonder what secrets you have

Mattathias

Comment

Ive been playing Xenosaga far too much, but I hope Excaliber is a like a flying Mech.

With speed faster than anything around(to Atalntis in 1 day) and the ability to decimate entire Gouald fleets, by simply cutting them in half with its sword.

new going to happen though.

Comment

Working...
                              X