PDA

View Full Version : An Educated Guess at the Plots for "Quest," Parts I and II

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 23rd, 2006, 01:55 PM
After watched Ripple Effect, I've concluded that "Quest" must be a quest for a ZPM to power the Ancient weapon in Antarctica - much like "Lost City," although we already found the city.
What think you?

creed462
January 23rd, 2006, 05:41 PM
Maybe, or it could be for a zpm Factory :)

Wraith_Hunter
January 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
Doubt it, although there is no way of knowing for sure. In 'New Order', they had a perfectly working ZPM, yet were fretting about the Goa'uld to send a single ship to test the defences. Yet it had been at least weeks, since O'neill was frozen & Weir was packing up for her new role in selecting the Atlantis expedition members. So they may have drones & they may not have drones.

Myself, I think it's a continuation of the S2 finale. Where they are looking for Arthurs tech. Either an ancient ship or a kickass energy weapon. JM made a commend in his thread a couple of months ago, about the Alterrans having their ships that they used when first coming to the MW lying out there in the MW. So maybe it's a hunt for them, to use the original ancient tech that helped escape the Ori in the first place.

the fifth man
January 23rd, 2006, 07:00 PM
Definitely some nice ideas in here, I'll give you that. Who knows what tptb truly have up their sleeves? I'll tell you this though, whatever route they take, it should be a wild and enjoyable ride.:)

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 23rd, 2006, 07:10 PM
Well, based off of the fact that in "black" SG-1s reality, they had to search for a ZPM to power the Ancient weapon to defend themselves from the Ori... it makes you wonder, you know?

the fifth man
January 23rd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Well, based off of the fact that in "black" SG-1s reality, they had to search for a ZPM to power the Ancient weapon to defend themselves from the Ori... it makes you wonder, you know?

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. You never know, I guess.:)

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 23rd, 2006, 07:57 PM
Hey! We will in a year! ;)

shockwave
January 24th, 2006, 08:48 AM
quest for Adria?

Wraith_Hunter
January 24th, 2006, 10:17 PM

Janet's team couldn't find a cure to the Ori plague that was wiping out their version of Earth. They all had similarities but weren't the same in every reality. We already know bits from the S3 opener & as anything is possible then I wouldn't rule anything out until we get more info. However since it ends on a cliffhanger while they are searching Merlin's lab, then it's obviously pretty much certain that they won't find it in time to stop the Ori ships from making it into the galaxy. So this ep is most likely a continuation of the previous finale. Maybe they might even be searching for Merlin or Arthur in person. Most likely Earth warheads & Jaffa weapons can't compete or damage the Ori ships. So they find some sort of weapon or specs, put it on a ship & that does the damage.

Although ther Asgard seem to have power sources that are equal to a ZPM or as close to as anyone will ever get. So why can't the SGC get them to rig something up in Antartica for them. It's not as if it'd be used frequently, it's be used hardly ever, except in the threat of Earth's annihilation.

Although either way, it has to be something pretty big, especially since we know what happens over Chulak.

The only problem is waiting until July to get it all resolved. That's the real killer that gets you! Too much time with nothing to do.

Merlin1701
January 25th, 2006, 06:00 AM
http://www.kingarthursknights.com/items/images/sword.gif

The quest for Excalibur.

Excalibur was an Ancient war ship, top of the line, given to Arthur to help him understand the galaxy in which he lived. Powered by two ZPMs, it was a mammoth in size dwarfing that of a go auld mother ship. After Merlin died and ascended Arthur used the extra ZPMs that were on board to shield the vessel is he hid the vessel in a gas giant, for his return; or that of someone with the ancient gene.

note
The Welsh name for Excalibur was Caladvwlch, equating linguistically with Irish Caladbolg, the name of a sword borne by heroes in Irish legend, derived from calad (hard) and bolg (lightning).

hard lightning....sounds like weapon fire to me.

your thoughts.

knowles2
January 25th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Lets face It will not be any of the ideas on this web site. In fact I could see them constantly changing there stories so that it will not match any of our ideas.

Mattathias2.0
January 25th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I know it is a Quest :p for something.

I like the idea of looking for the ships the Alterans travelled to our galaxy in. I also like the idea of that ship maybe being Excalibur.

Mattathias

knowles2
January 25th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Lets face It will not be any of the ideas on this web site. In fact I could see them constantly changing there stories so that it will not match any of our ideas.

The one idea that I would like see happen is that SG1 one enter merlin lab and find clue which takes them round the entire Galaxy, after several weeks mission, taking them all to their limits, cracking merlin riddles, and fighting his knights. Only to find out that the excalibar is on the planet earth. And then it turn out the british had the ship for the past sixty years and under the guidence of arthur, have been revers engineering the ship and have an entire fleet of war ships. And arthur can see into the future he would only let the british use the ships in our greatish hour of need. Which as it happen to be when the earth is attack by no other than the ori. Britains rises up to single handaly defend the freedom of planet and its people.

Remember the americans are not the only ones which can keeps secrets except we British can kept our secrets forever and the americans cannot.

Mattathias2.0
January 25th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Remember the americans are not the only ones which can keeps secrets except we British can kept our secrets forever and the americans cannot.

I wonder what secrets you have :p

Mattathias

Juice
January 25th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Ive been playing Xenosaga far too much, but I hope Excaliber is a like a flying Mech.

With speed faster than anything around(to Atalntis in 1 day) and the ability to decimate entire Gouald fleets, by simply cutting them in half with its sword.

new going to happen though.

knowles2
January 25th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I wonder what secrets you have :p

Mattathias

Sorry I would love to tell you, but then they would not be secrets.

Wraith_Hunter
January 25th, 2006, 01:53 PM

The one idea that I would like see happen is that SG1 one enter merlin lab and find clue which takes them round the entire Galaxy, after several weeks mission, taking them all to their limits, cracking merlin riddles, and fighting his knights. Only to find out that the excalibar is on the planet earth. And then it turn out the british had the ship for the past sixty years and under the guidence of arthur, have been revers engineering the ship and have an entire fleet of war ships. And arthur can see into the future he would only let the british use the ships in our greatish hour of need. Which as it happen to be when the earth is attack by no other than the ori. Britains rises up to single handaly defend the freedom of planet and its people.

Lol, you just shoot down everyone's ideas by saying it won't be one that's found here.

Then you give us your version of it, that includes an ANCIENT SHIP that's already been said.

We are supposed to have had it for 60 years. Is this Britwell or something. It's being reverse engineered for 60 years with the help of Arthur, who I'm sorry to tell you, is around 10,000 years old. Perhaps he's a robot or the AI of the ship & is teching them all about the ancirnt specs of the ship. Considering they had nothing to reference it on, then it could take them 6000 years & they'd have nothing properly learnt on it.

When the SG program was revealed in 'Disclosure', which talked about aliens & ancients that were here for millions of years ago. Then since British military personnel & academics have been seen in 'Atlantis'. Then there was the 'Prometheus' specs that will have been given, yet we are led to believe that despite the SGC being in the best position to reverse engineer this ship. The UK wouldn't even let it's existence be known, even when the planet was almost wiped out by Anubis.

While it may not be one of these ideas, I can promise you that it most certainly, certainly, will, not, not be yours.

They've done the whole 'Lost City' & 'Avalon' thing & so am pretty sure won't be revisting the whole we've been around the galaxy but it's on our own backyard again. Let's go back & get it, then save the day at the least minute.

Since it involves stopping the Ori fleet, then it's either a weapon, ship, an ancient in person that's not ascended yet, possibly even Merlin, Arthur who are in stasis & waiting to be revived in times of trouble. Possibly to a lesser extent a ZPM for the outpost. Which they have MKii's that can already operate & power the chair, that's why I can't see that being the case.

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 25th, 2006, 02:39 PM
http://www.kingarthursknights.com/items/images/sword.gif

The quest for Excalibur.

Excalibur was an Ancient war ship, top of the line, given to Arthur to help him understand the galaxy in which he lived. Powered by two ZPMs, it was a mammoth in size dwarfing that of a go auld mother ship. After Merlin died and ascended Arthur used the extra ZPMs that were on board to shield the vessel is he hid the vessel in a gas giant, for his return; or that of someone with the ancient gene.

note
The Welsh name for Excalibur was Caladvwlch, equating linguistically with Irish Caladbolg, the name of a sword borne by heroes in Irish legend, derived from calad (hard) and bolg (lightning).

hard lightning....sounds like weapon fire to me.

your thoughts.

I really really like this idea for some reason especially the idea of it being hidden in a gas giant as that screams lady of the lake. Sadly I doubt this might be it.

knowles2
January 25th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Lol, you just shoot down everyone's ideas by saying it won't be one that's found here.

Then you give us your version of it, that includes an ANCIENT SHIP that's already been said.

We are supposed to have had it for 60 years. Is this Britwell or something. It's being reverse engineered for 60 years with the help of Arthur, who I'm sorry to tell you, is around 10,000 years old. Perhaps he's a robot or the AI of the ship & is teching them all about the ancirnt specs of the ship. Considering they had nothing to reference it on, then it could take them 6000 years & they'd have nothing properly learnt on it.

When the SG program was revealed in 'Disclosure', which talked about aliens & ancients that were here for millions of years ago. Then since British military personnel & academics have been seen in 'Atlantis'. Then there was the 'Prometheus' specs that will have been given, yet we are led to believe that despite the SGC being in the best position to reverse engineer this ship. The UK wouldn't even let it's existence be known, even when the planet was almost wiped out by Anubis.

While it may not be one of these ideas, I can promise you that it most certainly, certainly, will, not, not be yours.

They've done the whole 'Lost City' & 'Avalon' thing & so am pretty sure won't be revisting the whole we've been around the galaxy but it's on our own backyard again. Let's go back & get it, then save the day at the least minute.

Since it involves stopping the Ori fleet, then it's either a weapon, ship, an ancient in person that's not ascended yet, possibly even Merlin, Arthur who are in stasis & waiting to be revived in times of trouble. Possibly to a lesser extent a ZPM for the outpost. Which they have MKii's that can already operate & power the chair, that's why I can't see that being the case.

Well because the writers do not want to be seen as useing the audiences ideas, so of cause what ever story they do come up with will not be the ones that will be writen here, I am pretty sure of that. Just because I say this does not mean I cannot type up my own ideas even does I will freely admit it use other people ideas to.
My idea is base on what has happen in the series so far. For one we know that merlin lived in britain and built a cavern, so it not to far stretch of the imagination that he would have hidden excalibar or what ever weapans that he hid in britain. Also in my post I said that arthur have got the ability to see in the future and so Anubis showed up arthur knew that o'neil be able to defeat him by using the weapon in antartica. Also britain would of cause be willing to cooperate with the americans and the other countries to put on face that we have not got a clue about aliens and stargate before disclosure and infact at that meeting the ambassador may not of even known about the
ships that britain has. As for the people that went to atlantis, they were our best scientis and may have been on the ship that we have in our possession that does not mean that they would have to reveal this knowlege to anyone on the atlantis team. Infact they might of been ordered to not reveal any information under any conditions and was sent their to stop anyone from asking questions like are you not submitting any personnell to atlantis. Also arthur could have wanted to know the state atlantis is in and what the wraith are up to.

I do not think that it will be a ZPM the simple fact is that if it did power the antartica outpost it is unlikely that the entire ori fleet is going to sit in orbit and let us destroy them more than likely they just send a single cloak vessel with the biggest bomb they can make and destroy the outpost in a single strike with just the lost of a single pilot, simple, effective and with the minimum amount lost.

As for it to be a weapon, well unless it a weapon that can be power by something other than a ZPM and can be mass produce by either us humans or the asguard a single weapon as the same as just a single ship would be useless simple all they have to do is lurer the ship it a nice little trap and we lost only weapon for fighting them. My idea is both feasibal and would do us a lot of good in the term.

Also you said the tech would take 6000 years to reproduce. Probably true unless you have someone which can teach you everything you need to no about the technology in my storyline also took this in to account by giving us arthor. Arthor of cause could be a genetic engineer human with all the knowlege of the ancients and design with a extremely long life span and a long with the ancient suspension technology could possibly be as old as ten thousands years, it not beyond reason as we also have not been told how long the ancient have live for naturaly so it therefore possible that he just been suspendid animation for the last ten thousand years.

Also you are going to probably say how could we of brought him out of statis with 1940s technology well simple. Merlin have been planning for the return of the ori for a long time simple, He programme the statis pod so that when we found it, it would automatically bring arthur out of statis.

Wraith_Hunter so I have come up with answers to all the loop holes you thought you found. Well if you think there are any more please let me know and I will post my answers to them.

To the rest of the people on this forum I am sorry for this rather long post but I just have to prove to Wraith_Hunter that this story idea would work.

Wraith_Hunter
January 25th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Lol, persistent I give you that!

The Ancients in the MW couldn't make Time Travel work. Those in Pegasus (of which Merlion was from) also didn't like any form of messing about with time. Only Janus was interested in doing it & that's why he built the TJ in secret.

Merlin although since 'Camelot' isn't on Earth, then that proves that he wasn't exclusively limited to GB.

Since they had already been defeated by the Wraith, as the hologram said, the remaining ancients went on to live out the rest of their lives.

Anubis had only recently been ascended & came to power. So he wouldn't have even been about when those ancients returned to Earth all those years ago.

We don't know ancient lifepsnas, however it wont be all that much different from a normal human, possibly a few hundred years max without the aid of any artifical devices. Of which we haven't ever found any, even on Atlantis. So it should be presumed that they didn'ty use them. Only the Goa'uld are doing that. Then there is those in 'Aurora', most of them were very, very young. Yet even them after 10,000 years couldn't be revived as their bodies were too frail. Considering this is the exact same tech & at the exact same time as Merlin came back through the gate, then if ancients couldn't do it, then how can Arthur possibly do it.

Then there is the fact of the time viewing, this puts on a lot of imagination & wild speculation. If this is the case, then everything that has ever occured in SG up until now could be perceived as it was known exactly how it would all play out & was forseen by TV.

Then the fact that he was found 60 years ago, despite the fact that they couldn't understand ancient & so wouldn't have a clue on how to get him out of the stasis chamber at all, never mind in one piece. If they did find anything then he would be well dead or will have been after they fumbled him out of it.

It's entirely possible that ships were found by the UK, they could have been explained away as any of the races seen so far. However the fact that the UK has a pre-ascended 'ancient' that's 10000 years old & is waiting there for any signs of danger with an ancient warship is pretty, pretty far fetched. Earth was attacked by Anubis' fleet, the UK government was made aware of this, so why didn't they send it to the rescue then with Arthur leading the charge on the bridge as Captain UK. If they only found a ship, then considering they know of the SG program. They know of Earth's past exploits through the gate, then the Earth ships etc. They know of 'Atlantis' & that these new breed of ships have Asgard on board that have upped the ships capabiolities to intergalactic. Then considering they don't have a SG program of their own, then don't you think that rather than try & bash a few buttons to figure out what everything does, then they would call in the SGC or at least someone like Carter or McKay or evenr equest for an Asgard to come along and take a peek at it. After all they let SG-1 go down to the cavern & take the communication device & other things back to the US. So I cannot see a reason why they wouldn't call any outsiders in for their expertise. They don't have to give them the ship, but instead let them have a peek around & get it battle ready.

So I pretty much doubt it'll feature any of the above, sorry.

I can't see it being a ZPM because they could use the MKII if it came to it to fire any Drones that they may have left.

It has to be one of three things, a ship, a weapon or an actual Alterran themselves or an AI of one to give them knowledge.

Whike you say, the writers don't do it & change things in case they are sued.

That's why they claim to not read or view any fanfiction, either submitted or posted on the net. So if something is written & it matches their episode when aired. Then it's simply put down to coincedence & chance. Simply because there are so many predictions as to what will happen, that eventually someone has to get close.

Whether I think they read stuff that fans write. I sure do, whether they will ever admit it gives them ideas, heck no. I know they would because I'd do it exactly like that myself. If it wasn't submitted through the proper chain, then there is nothing you can do even if you copyrighted it. Simply because the characters & material isn't your to copyright & it all already belongs to someone else.

So it's entirely possible that one of these scenarios could be 'coincidentally' what the writers are or have already scripted the ep as containing.

One thing of note though, it's only SG-1 & the USA that saves Earth, heck the Russians even get it on their very first airing in their shiny rustbucket of a ship. So while the UK may have it's own BC like he Russians. It'll be around the same (probably less) tech level as 'Prometheus' when she was first launched. However one thing I'm certain of, that is that it won't be an ancient UK warship that has an ancient arthur the helm.

This concerns an ancient warship. So don't read if you don't want spoiled for the end of Atlantis S2

If you watch 'Allies' over on Atlantis S2, which airs in the UK. Next month. You will find out they already have an ancient warship named 'The Orion'. So it's already been done & if needs be could be brought into the MW to do it's stuff.

knowles2
January 26th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Lol, persistent I give you that!

The Ancients in the MW couldn't make Time Travel work. Those in Pegasus (of which Merlion was from) also didn't like any form of messing about with time. Only Janus was interested in doing it & that's why he built the TJ in secret.

Merlin although since 'Camelot' isn't on Earth, then that proves that he wasn't exclusively limited to GB.

Since they had already been defeated by the Wraith, as the hologram said, the remaining ancients went on to live out the rest of their lives.

Anubis had only recently been ascended & came to power. So he wouldn't have even been about when those ancients returned to Earth all those years ago.

We don't know ancient lifepsnas, however it wont be all that much different from a normal human, possibly a few hundred years max without the aid of any artifical devices. Of which we haven't ever found any, even on Atlantis. So it should be presumed that they didn'ty use them. Only the Goa'uld are doing that. Then there is those in 'Aurora', most of them were very, very young. Yet even them after 10,000 years couldn't be revived as their bodies were too frail. Considering this is the exact same tech & at the exact same time as Merlin came back through the gate, then if ancients couldn't do it, then how can Arthur possibly do it.

Then there is the fact of the time viewing, this puts on a lot of imagination & wild speculation. If this is the case, then everything that has ever occured in SG up until now could be perceived as it was known exactly how it would all play out & was forseen by TV.

Then the fact that he was found 60 years ago, despite the fact that they couldn't understand ancient & so wouldn't have a clue on how to get him out of the stasis chamber at all, never mind in one piece. If they did find anything then he would be well dead or will have been after they fumbled him out of it.

It's entirely possible that ships were found by the UK, they could have been explained away as any of the races seen so far. However the fact that the UK has a pre-ascended 'ancient' that's 10000 years old & is waiting there for any signs of danger with an ancient warship is pretty, pretty far fetched. Earth was attacked by Anubis' fleet, the UK government was made aware of this, so why didn't they send it to the rescue then with Arthur leading the charge on the bridge as Captain UK. If they only found a ship, then considering they know of the SG program. They know of Earth's past exploits through the gate, then the Earth ships etc. They know of 'Atlantis' & that these new breed of ships have Asgard on board that have upped the ships capabiolities to intergalactic. Then considering they don't have a SG program of their own, then don't you think that rather than try & bash a few buttons to figure out what everything does, then they would call in the SGC or at least someone like Carter or McKay or evenr equest for an Asgard to come along and take a peek at it. After all they let SG-1 go down to the cavern & take the communication device & other things back to the US. So I cannot see a reason why they wouldn't call any outsiders in for their expertise. They don't have to give them the ship, but instead let them have a peek around & get it battle ready.

So I pretty much doubt it'll feature any of the above, sorry.

I can't see it being a ZPM because they could use the MKII if it came to it to fire any Drones that they may have left.

It has to be one of three things, a ship, a weapon or an actual Alterran themselves or an AI of one to give them knowledge.

Whike you say, the writers don't do it & change things in case they are sued.

That's why they claim to not read or view any fanfiction, either submitted or posted on the net. So if something is written & it matches their episode when aired. Then it's simply put down to coincedence & chance. Simply because there are so many predictions as to what will happen, that eventually someone has to get close.

Whether I think they read stuff that fans write. I sure do, whether they will ever admit it gives them ideas, heck no. I know they would because I'd do it exactly like that myself. If it wasn't submitted through the proper chain, then there is nothing you can do even if you copyrighted it. Simply because the characters & material isn't your to copyright & it all already belongs to someone else.

So it's entirely possible that one of these scenarios could be 'coincidentally' what the writers are or have already scripted the ep as containing.

One thing of note though, it's only SG-1 & the USA that saves Earth, heck the Russians even get it on their very first airing in their shiny rustbucket of a ship. So while the UK may have it's own BC like he Russians. It'll be around the same (probably less) tech level as 'Prometheus' when she was first launched. However one thing I'm certain of, that is that it won't be an ancient UK warship that has an ancient arthur the helm.

This concerns an ancient warship. So don't read if you don't want spoiled for the end of Atlantis S2

If you watch 'Allies' over on Atlantis S2, which airs in the UK. Next month. You will find out they already have an ancient warship named 'The Orion'. So it's already been done & if needs be could be brought into the MW to do it's stuff.

1. For one I did not say that arthur uses time traveling technology.
I said that he could see into the future with precognition. Also we really do not know that much about Janus or merlin, infact that they could of been best buddies for all we know, Janus inform merlin about what would happen in the future, and merlin made the plans to change the future.

2. It true it does show that he was not limited to earth. Then again would he really wanted to leave the most advance ship out in Galaxy for a other race to accidently to fine, I just think that the ancients were a bit only a bit smarter than that.

3. Well again we just do not know, that episode did not tell us a lot about ancients. Certainly know that they were unable to be brought out of the chamber. But we did not get any idea how old they were when they went into the chamber. As for the healing device we know that ancients develop the technology behind it. And infact there healing technology was in advance of that of the gould. After all anubis use the technology to create his super solders. And also the chamber in lost city which kept o'niel alive until the asguard came, seem to operate differntly, than the one in atlantis.

4. Well it said that they went to MW to live out there days in peice. That might of been what the cancil wanted to do. We certainly know that Janas and merlin did a lot more than just live in peice. They probably explore the galaxy and time and help when they could.

5. Again as I said merlin set the chamber up to activate when it was discover by humans. And it might of not of been military, but an archeologist that first discover the chamber, so no accidently shooting.

6. Well simple, excalibar would return in our greatist time of need. Arthur had precognition and simply knew that Anubis and Apophis would both be defeated by SG1, so in his eyes it would not be in our greatist time of need. Again know need to show his cards to early, and more time to build up the fleet.

7. Persuming that arthor is as in my story idea they had arthur to show them how to operate the ship. Sorry carter and Mckay are good but they are no ancient.

8. Well we did let them go down to the cavern. The British could not exactly say no you cannot go down to the cavern, arthur forbids it, sought of telling them your greatest secret arent you.

9. Well that depends. How I think the drones work is that they draw there power of what ever powering the chair, so MARK 2 can give them the power to take out a couple of fighters. Why ZPM would give them the power to take out a entire fleet of ships. And any way it may save earth, but I doubt it would save the entire galaxy.

Well we can rule the Alterrans out of the equation, they all ascended now, and thanks for agreeing with me that the alterans can still be alive and healthy to day. A.I well could be, but again what will it be able to do, it can till us how to construct a ship and weapons technology. Well I am pretty it would take at couple of moths for the asguard to build one single ship, the ori got an entire fleet and they do not seem like the guys to give up after loosing a single battle. A weapon,well could be possible, but then we would have to give that weapon design to FJN and any one else that is willing to fight the ori, but they could quite easily turn it against us. I personnel do not see why they do not use the weapon on dakara, they simple threaten to wipe all human life out in the Galaxy unless they leave. But then all these have been done before, maybe the writer could come up with a truly new idea, just not one of these micheal jackson speeches, that talk the ori into piece.

Well I think we can agree on one and only one point that the writers would never admit to nicking single one of our ideas. Well what a shame they cannnot just honest.

Juice
January 26th, 2006, 06:49 AM
First of all that story about the UK having a Ancient warship is crap never happen.

First of the British wont have even been told about about the Ancient Stronghold at Glastonbury, the SGC took everything of worth from it, and really didnt even have to step on to UK soil as they went from Prometheus.

The SGC learned there lesson from Antartica, since it was on internation land they had to share the infomation gathered and couldnt hide the fact they were operating there since they needed to build a base, thats the only reason why Foreigners are on Atlantis, if the outpost was found in Alaska it would be the bases reason wouldnt have to be diviulged and the other countires wouldnt find out about Atlantis and it would be completly American manned.

If the UK found out about the Ancient stronghold then they would demand all the artefacts back since they belong to them because they were found on british terrotiry. The only reason I can see them divulging the infomation would be if they found out a ship was there and couldnt retrive it with out them noticing.

Plus who wants the UK involved, Im from the UK and ill admit we suck, compared to the USA and Russia, we would not add a single thing to the missions infact we would probaly hold them back with our silly traditions.

American Soldiers are better
American Weapons are better
American training is better.

In Summary Go away UK your not needed in the SGC unless we need some tea.

Wraith_Hunter
January 26th, 2006, 08:30 AM
I agree that the UK won't be seen to be in possession of an ancient warship. A BC-303 or 'Daedalus' class like the Russians will have is more plausible.

What I don't get about you is that you say your from the UK & refer to it as we, trying to make out your from somewhere else. Which I think you probably are! Either that or the fact that your seriously dyslexic as well as dumb.

'the British', if your from here. You wouldn't refer to yourself as 'the'. It'd be 'we' or 'us'.

While they used Prometheus to scan & ring down it was SPECIFICALLY said that they would be alerting the Prime Minister to what they were going to do, thus asking for permission (since the UK has an ancient warship, then they'd need to ask first, wouldn't they!). The simple fact is that Glastonbury & what's underneath. Is still UK soil & so is legally the property of the UK government. How do you know what the SGC took from it, all that was shown was the device. The rest will have probably been handed back, not to mention what the UK will have got for 'loaning' them the communication device.

Since you say 'foreigners' on Atlantis, I assume you must mean the US as well, because as before 'technically' they would be classed as foreigners too. Considering it was 'foreigners' who managed to isolate the ancient gene, then develop the way to artificially impose it on people. Then develop a Wraith retro-virus. Not to mention McKay & Zelenka being the foremost experts an all things Atlantis & Ancient. The simple reason why 'foreigners' are on Atlantis was because the outpost was found in land, that belonged to everyone. Then more importantly because 'foreigners' might be able to add something to the expedition that simple SGC members could not. The if it was found in Alaska, what if it was found in Iraq or the UK or on Orilla. No point hypothesising of what might have been. Simply put it's already been & done & not matter how you may have wanted it to go, it simply hasn't happened like that. So deal with it.

Again as before, Landry said he was informing the UK of what they were planning on doing. So can you show me, where it was exclusively stated that they stole all the tresure & artifacts from Glastonbury & took them back to the SGC. I sure as hell can't, therefore, since the UK was notified of their intentions. They will have been given everything that was found, then a deal will have been struck to allow them to be 'loaned' the communication device, in return for something equally as valuable to the UK.

Compared to the Usa & Russia, we suck. Don't know which part your from bob, but in real life, we haven't done too badly in the past & right now as well. Certainly enough to compete with the USA & easily more than Russia anyday of the week. Do you know what the 'R' in Russia stands for, I'll tell you then! It stands for 'Rustbucket'!

The SAS are the best trained soldiers & most feared special forces in the world.

Weapons are equally effective, they are designed for one thing & any weapon can easily fulfill that if used properly to it's full potential. So I assume that you aren't talking about real life & instead talking about the 'fictional' world of SG. If in that is the case, then it's obviously true, since it's owned by American corporations & targeted mainly at American viewers.

A quick summary: Go away {mod snip} your not needed here, unless we need some 'Juice'.

knowles2
January 26th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Look wraith_hunter I agree with my english sucks and I should more carefully useing we,the, us and my spelling is terrible but we cannot be good at everything now can we. May be next time I will take more care of grammar. I am from britain. Infact I am from a town call Loughton and I am proud to british and want britain to have a bigger role in the stargate universe, that why I came up with story.
But now you starting turn nasty. Calling me dumb, well as I have given you an anwer to everything you put in font of me and now you have run out of arguments against me you are having to call me dumb because you cannot produce any more arguments against so If just accept if the producer wanted they could do the story.

First of all that story about the UK having a Ancient warship is crap never happen.

First of the British wont have even been told about about the Ancient Stronghold at Glastonbury, the SGC took everything of worth from it, and really didnt even have to step on to UK soil as they went from Prometheus.

The SGC learned there lesson from Antartica, since it was on internation land they had to share the infomation gathered and couldnt hide the fact they were operating there since they needed to build a base, thats the only reason why Foreigners are on Atlantis, if the outpost was found in Alaska it would be the bases reason wouldnt have to be diviulged and the other countires wouldnt find out about Atlantis and it would be completly American manned.

If the UK found out about the Ancient stronghold then they would demand all the artefacts back since they belong to them because they were found on british terrotiry. The only reason I can see them divulging the infomation would be if they found out a ship was there and couldnt retrive it with out them noticing.

Plus who wants the UK involved, Im from the UK and ill admit we suck, compared to the USA and Russia, we would not add a single thing to the missions infact we would probaly hold them back with our silly traditions.

1, Britain has what is generaly accepted in the world to be some of the best trained solders in the world, in fact the SAS are thought by many to be the best. The airforce as some of best train pilots in the world. The question you should asking why the americans want the russians there, after all the last time they won a war was in world war 2, with a lot of british help. So be proud of britain, plus if you like america so much go and live there but persnnelly I think who should go and live in russia for a while, then you relise how lucky who are to live in this country. Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves, (or should that be space)
Britons never never never shall be slaves to the ori

2. Also they did actually get permisson from britain to go to Glastonbury. And also said that britains be quite willing to let americans take everything from that cavern after all it was only a communications device, if meant we kept biggest things to our self until the time would right maily in my story a big ancient war ship , far more inportant than communication device.

3. The fact is also they could no longer hide the fact we had been attack by apophis and anubis and eventually one of the majour powers were going to blow the story, it all a stunt so that the other nations would then want to keep it a secret and could american defend world and plus they probably wanted us to pay for it. Simple fact is disclosure was neccessary and the americans had to accept international personnel from then on.

And you are wrong as Glastonberry was on our soil they would require our permisson as americans for a time have been peparing for the stargate to go public. It would of cause majour international incident if it would emerge that americans been illegally operating in britain.

freyr's mother
January 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM

You brits have good snipers though.

Peoples_General
January 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Do you know what the 'R' in Russia stands for, I'll tell you then! It stands for 'Rustbucket'!

What the hell are you bashing the Russians for? I suggest that you and those other people to KNOCK IT OFF with the ethnic/nation bashing. :ronananime01:

lionel_pendergast_rocks
January 26th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, as for the original thread topic, Im much more leaning towards a quest for excalibur.

npattis
January 26th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Doubt it, although there is no way of knowing for sure. In 'New Order', they had a perfectly working ZPM, yet were fretting about the Goa'uld to send a single ship to test the defences.

Actually they were unsure if it was out of power or not.

Juice
January 27th, 2006, 07:00 AM
And you are wrong as Glastonberry was on our soil they would require our permisson as americans for a time have been peparing for the stargate to go public. It would of cause majour international incident if it would emerge that americans been illegally operating in britain.

My point is that if the governments in Stargate worked like they would in real life, and the US goverment could get to a place on Uk soil without anyone knowing and take everything away undetected(which they could) they would have, because the red tape of all that would have ended up with the UK keeping everything in there. Maybe if there was an attack imment and those stuff would have helped the UK would have gave it to the US, but it times of peace theres no chance.

knowles2
January 27th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Yes true but the new us president is taking a lot of steps to make sure that everyone who needs to know about the stargate project knows. Also eventually it would be made public once it does senators in washington dc will start asking all sought of ackward question, if it also suddenly appear that they have been launching missions into other countries with out their permisson which technically would be a act of war and I think the president would like to stay in power and so everyone now have to play by the rules and so when it does become public the president and SGC can be seen in a good light and not covered scandals,

SGFerrit
January 30th, 2006, 06:32 AM

1. You certainly don't sound british:
'Go away UK your not needed in the SGC unless we need some tea.' {Mod Snip}.
2. {Mod Snip}.

SGFerrit
January 30th, 2006, 06:38 AM
To be honest I dont see why the UK shouldnt become more actively involved in the Stargate program or have a ship like prometheus or deadalus, after all the UK and US are perhapse the strongest allies in the world, aka very close as countries.

And plus british scientists have alot to offer, they tend to be very smart and imaginative. Afterall Nasa has brits working their as scientists and astronauts

Aither
January 30th, 2006, 07:57 AM
What if it is the quest for the Holy Grail ?

According to Encyclopedia Mythica (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/g/grail.html) :
"Grail (Graal) - Magic vessel with miraculous healing powers protected by an otherworldly keeper or "king." Pagan fertility myths and their related talismans along with the concept of a symbiotic union between the king and the land were all precursors to what was to eventually become the object of Arthur and his knights' Quest."

But I do not know what it could be in Stargate SG-1. A ship ? Maybe an Ancient fleet ? A super-weapon ? Or a big power source or some powerful object of the Ori we need to destroy in order to weaken them (that could explain why it was Arthur's Quest too).

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 30th, 2006, 04:58 PM
You know, I'd totally agree with the Holy Grail, but I'm afraid they might think that it's too risque for TV. Sadly...

Anyway, for the record, whoever said that American soldiers were the best - you're wrong. Israel has, by far, the greatest, best trained, most capable army in the history of pretty much all mankind.

Merlin1701
January 31st, 2006, 06:48 AM
As a group we should try to derive a collective understanding of “Arthur Pen dragon”.

We know that in the stargate universe Merlin was an ancient that aided Arthur through his reign. Supposedly Arthur ascended with Merlin, but there’s no evidence to corroborate this theory. His sword was called Excalibur, it was a mighty weapon used to defend his kingdom. In many legends Excalibur was pulled from the stone, but this could have been a miss print of early books as Excalibur was pulled from a saxon and saxum (stone) was replaced as it’s similar.

The cup or platter that, according to medieval legend, Christ used at the Last Supper and caught his blood as he hung from the cross. It was said to have been brought to Britain, and later became the object of knightly quests--only those godly enough, noble enough, and those with a true heart were said to be worthy of finding the Grail.
Taken from: www.digonsite.com/glossary/hm.html

I think they should find a top notch ancient battle ship, Excalibur, like Atlantis the crew would take ages to discover its true potential.

Given to Arthur by the lady of the lake, who was another ancient, she foresaw the Ori threat and created a pact with Merlin to which Arthur could gain the knowledge to evolve and have a ship hidden…a back-up plan to defend them against the Ori.

saxum = stone

knowles2
January 31st, 2006, 03:18 PM
I israel By far does not have the best trained army in world. All they fight is defenless civilians, when they fiight a enemy with weapons and defend them selfs and win then you can call them the best. After all most of their troops do not have a choice as serving in the army, and as any one know with the slightest bit of knowlege about the military they often make the worst solders. Now if you refering to their intelligence service, then I you can say that they are consider to be one of the best in the world but there army is not, fact.
I think that the idea about it being the holy grail would be a good story. But it would all point to the ancients being involve the christinanity, which the writers have advoided at all costs.

Merlin1701
February 1st, 2006, 02:22 AM
Could we all get back to topic this thread has become nothing more than a place for poor English and racial backlash.

I’m from England, small village in Devon.

It is far more likely that Excalibur if it is a weapon or ship was left hidden to defend earth and the MW. We have learnt from Atlantis and SG1 that the ancients possessed many abilities like healing and forethought. We have also seen the ancient Janus using a jumper to view a planets timeline; perhaps Janus foresaw the Ori invasion and hid the vessel or satellite. With shields and cloaking it could remain hidden if the power supply was/is sufficient.

The Key Factors

Merlin was on earth at the time of King Arthur, the gate in Antarctica was hidden with the outpost. The second gate was brought to earth during Ra’s reign over earth, or at least Egypt… Ra was about 15th century BC and King Arthur was about the 6th centaury AD.

The gate in Antarctica couldn’t be reached so Ra brought a second gate to earth before 15th centaury BC. When the slaves revolted they buried the second gate.

How could Merlin or other ancients still on earth get from earth to other planets without a gate, they would have to have had a ship!

In Conclusion...
Merlin could have helped arthur ascend, then hid the ship.

HarSins
March 23rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Sorry, probably a bunch of threads like this but.. Omg? Sam is floating in the middle of space... all the ships got pwned, including both earth ships.. um.. wtf? lol... when it was playing in slow motion with the music and stuff.. it made me sad... very good episode.

No one who knows spoilers aloud!!!!

What do you thinks going to happen?!!?

Peoples_General
March 23rd, 2006, 07:43 PM
:hallowed:

But, I think that the Ori ships will keep on PWN1NG any ship[s] that try to combat them. The purpose of this show of power is for the Ori to gain a foothold on the Milky Way. Otherwise how can the be established, storywise, as a true and permanent threat if they don't have a hold of at least 1 planet here in our galaxy?

the fifth man
March 23rd, 2006, 07:52 PM
I guess I'm not allowed. I know spoilers.

Wraith_Hunter
March 24th, 2006, 07:31 AM
What the hell are you bashing the Russians for? I suggest that you and those other people to KNOCK IT OFF with the ethnic/nation bashing. :ronananime01:

Read the rest of the post, instead of the I've just given you bad rep for bashing my girl's country. Boo Hoo!

Read the post & you'll see that I said.

Compared to the Usa & Russia, we suck

Why don't you knock it OFF, your gf is from Russia but nobody can say anything because you take offense, then when anybody says something about China being bad you go on equally the same. You aren't from Russia or China. Hence people are allowed to express whatever they want, you say what you want, others should be allowed to say what they want. There was nothing racial about Rustbucket, it's simply the truth.

My uncle got his watch stolen on a vacation to the Philippines in 2000, so should I take it personally & bad rep you for it. No, that's not a valid reason, but I gave you the red back for trying to make me out a racist.

Peoples_General
March 24th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Read the rest of the post, instead of the I've just given you bad rep for bashing my girl's country. Boo Hoo!

Read the post & you'll see that I said.

Why don't you knock it OFF, your gf is from Russia but nobody can say anything because you take offense, then when anybody says something about China being bad you go on equally the same. You aren't from Russia or China. Hence people are allowed to express whatever they want, you say what you want, others should be allowed to say what they want. There was nothing racial about Rustbucket, it's simply the truth.

My uncle got his watch stolen on a vacation to the Philippines in 2000, so should I take it personally & bad rep you for it. No, that's not a valid reason, but I gave you the red back for trying to make me out a racist.

Mind pointing me to where I ever said that "compared to USA and Russia we suck"? I do not remember ever saying that in any post... unless you're trying to put words into my mouth, which I hope you better not be.

As for your own Boo Hoo of getting a red and retaliating...
You were just another one of those people going into the whole country bashing thing. You got targeted as I had enough of skimming through the posts and yours was the last one I saw that contained a message of that particular context. If its not "racism" to you, then there's another term we can use... "fanboy". As in guys who get testosterone highs in telling off everyone how "PWN4GE" their own country's military tech is and everyone else sucks.

Tell your uncle to watch his belongings REGARDLESS of where he goes, and I think you should do the same as well. You can get your stuff stolen here in America the last time I checked. I was in my own city of New York when this happened to me. Yet I never bash the city I live in nor its citizens, despite the fact there's plenty of INDIVIDUALS who are malicious here and everwhere else in the world.

The point Im trying to make is that I don't like generalizing (at least negatively). Saying a country/race/people is this and that is generalizing. I can generalize by saying that "Russian ladies are gorgeous", but at least it's not negative.

You see Chinese government does something bad, thus Chinese (general term) are evil. If you say that the Chinese are evil and a Chinese overheard you, your going to have some words from that person.

The same way people who critize the US government say the US government, and not "Americans". Im sure you'd be pissed off if you visited Europe and you overhear someone talking about how "evil the Americans are for invading blah blah blah" when they're do doubt refering to the US government and not individual Americans (like yourself). Im sure you'd probably get up and give them a few words or two.

As far as China is concerned, I might've been born in the Philippines, but did it ever occured to you and other people that a person who is from a country with such a close proximity to China... just might have some ethnic ancestry from China? It's not that hard to imagine. Just because Im living in the US and am an American doesn't mean that Im from another country originally or have a different ethnic background either.

Yeah, I can get offended, there's Christians who watch the show and get offended by the Ori. But don't let me stop you from saying China sucks, America sucks, Russia sucks, or whatever. I'll gladly engage you or anyone else in posting wars as I would gladly play shooting games online (which I do, hence the Peoples_General name). We all have our beliefs, if its yours or anyone elese's belief that its your right is to speak lowly of other nations/peoples then go ahead. I will exercise my right in defending them. You fight for your beliefs, I'll fight for mines.... then we can all forum-Crusade or forum-Jihad on one another. :P

I think over 100 of my 1,000+ posts were gained by such political rambling in the other forums, especially on the China threads. Besides... such "debates" can serve the purpose and opportunity of "enlightening" certain people whose probably never looked at things from another persepective and expand their paradigm.

JUNIOR
March 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Doubt it, although there is no way of knowing for sure. In 'New Order', they had a perfectly working ZPM, yet were fretting about the Goa'uld to send a single ship to test the defences. Yet it had been at least weeks, since O'neill was frozen & Weir was packing up for her new role in selecting the Atlantis expedition members. So they may have drones & they may not have drones.

The ZPM had run out of power.

Eye Of Ra
March 24th, 2006, 02:56 PM
There all going to die lol only joking i'm not sure whats gonna happen

Mattathias2.0
March 24th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Why does it always creep up in threads "American Tech vs British Tech"?

I mean, c'mon... We're talking Ancient Tech... Both American and British Tech are pretty much uninvolved.

Mattathias

Skydiver
March 24th, 2006, 04:42 PM
The topic of this thread is for speculation about the plot of Quest....not for folks to bring political issues up.

Keep your posts on topic and take the political stuff elsewhere

the fifth man
March 24th, 2006, 07:12 PM
The topic of this thread is for speculation about the plot of Quest....not for folks to bring political issues up.

Keep your posts on topic and take the political stuff elsewhere

I couldn't agree more, Skydiver.

Ancient
March 24th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Wow I just read through this entire thread {mod snip}
*************COULD BE SPOILERS SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK********

Most likely Excalibur will be a ship given to Arthur by the lady of the lake (an ancient/alterran) (Possibly controlled or summoned by the sword version)

However there are several problems with claims that it had been used to fight the Ori
The need to fight the Ori in the MW has never existed before, thus why in Origin the Ori said to Daniel Jackson that the Alterrans had shielded them the Ori never knew about the Tauri's existence

Merlin in all likely hood knew that one day the Ori (or ascended beings of some kind) would come to this Galaxy and pose a threat to Humanity. As seen by his research discussed in episodes towards the end of Season 9. It stands to reason that he created a device to battle that threat or at least neutralize it.

It also stands to reason that Arthur is under some kind of time dilation effects and truly is still an unascended mortal very far along the evolutionary path. While this is unlikely it is entirely possible.

My ultimate Theory: Arthur will never been seen however he will be referenced in passing when items of relevance come to hand. The Holy Grail is what is needed to defend the MW from the direct powers of the Ori. Excalibur is a ship that was given to Arthur but never ever used only given with the potential that if any great threat (example: the Ori's followers, however it would not have been used against RA because the Gouald had not been on earth for some time and totally predate the Legend of King Arthur) ever came to this galaxy that he would have a method of defending it his ability to command it (because at that time in human history will all due respect to other cultures the British were the most organized at the time and it would have made sense for Merlin who descended to help humanity and leave him (Arthur King of the Britain’s) with this legacy) is dictated by his legacy the ability to control it when no one else could (Ancient Gene) also reference with the legend pulling of Excalibur from the stone as proof of his royal bloodline (rightful use/ ancient gene). It is probably someplace abstract on earth (not near the Ancient Weapon) and here is the most important part of the LEGEND OF EXCALIBUR in one of the two variations it was given by the lady of the lake (Lake-Water-Alterrans-Good vs. Fire-Ori-Evil) and at the end of the legend in his Death Arthur had the Sword returned to the Lake, which I believe is it where remains. In other words the ship is somewhere in water. And will probably be risen by some means of summoning device worn by Arthur and taken with him to his grave. The sword?

Here is a brief summary
Merlin came back to earth from Atlantis with others some spread out and helped to start cultures but Merlin Ascended
The Ascended Ancients Watched Humanity Free itself from Ra
For Some reason Merlin saw a threat building (potentially that the Ori as a civilization had ascended and seeded their galaxy with followers, and foresaw that they could potentially one day come to earth)
He took Human form and confronted Arthur (who potentially had the ancient gene) informed him of all and took him under his wing leading him down the path to enlightenment and a more evolved human.
Merlin begins his research on anti-ori weapons and seals his research.
Arthur is entrusted with Excalibur, which was to defend the kingdom in a time of great need.
Excalibur the sword representation was most likely a summing tool for the real Excalibur being a ship, which marks the Ancients final act in this Galaxy the last true defense left for humans, which is why they remain uninvolved (and that whole petty affairs of mortals thing), because they know the means are there to defeat the Ori the Tauri just have to find them.
Excalibur the sword is returned to either a.) Stone or b.) A lake, as to be given back to the lady of the lake, and will be found in some sort of represensation
The Quest is ultimately to find both the sword and the ship or the anti-ori device
The Knights of the Roundtable, those who follow Arthur, maybe it wasn’t literally were lead by Arthur but those who follow in his path...True intentions and heart can only use Excalibur, Knights of the Roundtable, the Round Circle, The Stargate.

Please read this and let me know what your think I will re-read it and edit it most likely soon It is really just a grouping of my ideas. But then again I could be totally off.

:cameronanime13:

JRPR
March 25th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I realy like this idea^^^. it makes alot of sence. Alot o people say there is no way we will get a new ship or powerful weapon because TPTB dont do things like that. The guy in the village in crusade said that there were 3 places where Arthur could have gone.
my guess is that SG1 will find one of the items (grail, excaliber, ship) at each location. If this happens it will be likely that they cannot be used without each other and we will only posses all of them at noxt seasons final episode.

The other thing that could happen is we just find the grial and send it to the ori galexy which will get rid of the ori and leave us with Adria. if this happens i guess that excaliber will help us fight the ori ships in our galexy whatever it may be: ship, weapon, powersource or icecream maker. whatever it is SG1 will find out a way to fight ori ships with it.

Master Revan
March 25th, 2006, 02:11 AM
I think this episode we'll see the return of Arthur from his quest for the sangraal, as Meurik mentioned in Camelot. Also i don't think Excalibur will be an ancient war ship, because TPTB usually follow the mythology closely and in all Arthurian mythology known to me, excalibur has always been depicted as a sword.

Though it would be cool to see another ancient war ship and if we do hopefully its design is better than that of the Orion.

Ancient
March 25th, 2006, 08:05 PM
In response to the above post ^^^
As we have seen through out The Stargate Saga items even as simple as a stone are not always what they appear to be just because in Arthurian mythology Excalibur is depicted as a sword does not mean it does not have a higher purpose, say to command or summon a counter part in name unto itself: say a sword commands or summons a ship the sword Excalibur would still be noted in mythology because as far as mythology is concerned its purpose was its representation a sword meant to defend the kingdom in the hands of Arthur as Excalibur, just as Excalibur the ship could do for the kingdom of the Alterrans in the hands of someone with the Ancient gene(Milky Way). Britian during the time of Arthur was the center point of Earth the crown jewel it could be said (for the sake of arguement go with me here) just as Earth was the Crown Jewel and center piece of the Alterrans when they controlled the milky way (Their Kingdom). Britian would be the representation on a global scale rather than galactic. Excalibur the Sword defends the Kingdom because that is all they know it as in mythology (a sword) while Excalibur the Ship defends the true Kingdom the milky way galaxy

Please any comments

:cameronanime13:

The Ori
March 26th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Hey peeps, it could be sumthin to do with the new enemy that the producers are talking about??