• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor / Hermoid / Kvasir - Likes / Dislikes / Funnies

I was watching Stargate SG1's episode Ripple Effect where they
    Spoiler:
    introduced a new Asgard known as Kvasir
    Its funny because when you watch the episodes from Atlantis, specifically 2x02 - Intruder and some of the older SG1 episodes, anytime you look at an asgard in the face, their eyes get smaller, and they give you this very scary look.

For instance, in Intruder, Sheppard looked at Hermoid with a stare, and Hermoid looked back with this crazy Asgard look. Its funny. And when you look at
    Spoiler:
    Master Sergent Harriman looking at Kvasir, he looked right back at him and gave this scary Asgard look.

In terms of Asgard personalities, Thor seemed to be the most professional out of all the asgard. While Hermoid has the same intelligence as Thor (well all Asgard do) Hermoid seems to be the kind of Asgard that is a bit laid back and likes to curse and swear. Finally you look at
    Spoiler:
    Kvasir
    , and hes like the nerdiest of all the Asgard. Also he seems to be on the level where hes like, "I'm so smart, and everyone is stupid compared to me". He has an ego, but also looks like a young asgard in comparison to Thor and Hermoid.

Thoughts on the new asgards?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Well my favourite one is of course Thor. And I miss him! And his funniest moment was probably in New Order when he crouched behind his console.

I love Hermiod too! Maybe 'cos it was the first time we heard an Asgard swear... But Hermiod is funny, he seems to be less serious than Thor.

For Kvasir, it was different. Like Daniel said, I miss Thor. But I loved this
    Spoiler:
    little moment with Walter when he narrowed his eyes at him!

Comment

I love the Asgard and I want to see more of them! And I think it's great that they make them with different personalities (since they all look the same).

Hermiod is my favourite, I like them with attitude.

I agree with you McSwift, Kvasir seems younger than the others...
      S.T.A.K.S. if you think kirking stinks...

Jackson: Earth minutes?
      Mitchell: Yeah, I've always wanted to say that.
      Vala: Well, now you have.

Image hosted by RandomImage.net

Member of Ben Hiney Club, Happy Trails Club and The Amazing Arm Appreciation Association Dex's Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrat
        I love the Asgard and I want to see more of them! And I think it's great that they make them with different personalities (since they all look the same).

Hermiod is my favourite, I like them with attitude.

I agree with you McSwift, Kvasir seems younger than the others...
        Definitely. It looks like Kvasir is apparently the smartest out of all the Asgard. If you googled the word, "Kvasir" it brings up Norse methology stating that Kvasir was the Asgard that gave all asgards their intelligence and creativity (something along those lines).
        Subspace Energy Technology Thread
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Kvasir is the Mckay of Asgards.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Thor = Shepard \ O'Neill
            Kvasir = Mckay \ Carter
            Hemdal = Telay \ Daniel

Does that make Hermoid = Ronan\Teal'c.... He is the "attitude" of the asgard. Brooding, quite, likes the word "indeed". (ok so Ronan doesnt do indeed, but he does have the 'indeed' kind of look on his face when hes glaring and nodding)... so yea. I think I got the Asgard SG team all figured out.

Anyone got any other options or arguments with my team. Cause I am ready to pack them up with antistaff vest and P90s (and season 1 helmuts, gotta have the helmuts) and am ready to send them through the gate!

Indeed. <see I told you>
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
              I was watching Stargate SG1's episode Ripple Effect where they
              Spoiler:
              introduced a new Asgard known as Kvasir
              Its funny because when you watch the episodes from Atlantis, specifically 2x02 - Intruder and some of the older SG1 episodes, anytime you look at an asgard in the face, their eyes get smaller, and they give you this very scary look.

For instance, in Intruder, Sheppard looked at Hermoid with a stare, and Hermoid looked back with this crazy Asgard look. Its funny. And when you look at
              Spoiler:
              Master Sergent Harriman looking at Kvasir, he looked right back at him and gave this scary Asgard look.

In terms of Asgard personalities, Thor seemed to be the most professional out of all the asgard. While Hermoid has the same intelligence as Thor (well all Asgard do) Hermoid seems to be the kind of Asgard that is a bit laid back and likes to curse and swear. Finally you look at
              Spoiler:
              Kvasir
              , and hes like the nerdiest of all the Asgard. Also he seems to be on the level where hes like, "I'm so smart, and everyone is stupid compared to me". He has an ego, but also looks like a young asgard in comparison to Thor and Hermoid.

Thoughts on the new asgards?
              i love it when hermoid swears it so funny its like "f***ing human what gives him the right to look at me like that "

Comment

Working...
              X