PDA

View Full Version : New battle cruiser

adk06
January 21st, 2006, 02:44 PM
I was reading an episode description and it mentioned something like "earth's ship the Odyssey goes up against the lucian alliance"
does anyone know about this new battlecruiser

Magneto
January 21st, 2006, 02:54 PM
Isn't it just another daedalus type ship?

adk06
January 21st, 2006, 02:55 PM
I don't know that's why i'm asking

immhotep
January 21st, 2006, 02:56 PM
nothing new, in terms of info, check out the science and tech secton :)

AscendedWarrior
January 21st, 2006, 03:48 PM
I belive it is the same class as the Daedalus.

NakedJehutyV2
January 21st, 2006, 03:52 PM
prolly just another daedalus

Xmen583
January 22nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
prolly just another daedalus

We going to find out about 2 new batte cruiser. one is staying on earth and other is going to pegasus galaxy to protect atlantis while Deadalus went back to earth to get more supplies and return for once a month.

stargate sg-1 season 10 might tell about those new ship.
im not sure if we going to see 3rd new battlecruiser in season 9 ( Off The Grid )

NakedJehutyV2
January 22nd, 2006, 06:47 PM
for now spoilers

there's gonna be 2 more orion and odessy and a russian named one

Peoples_General
January 22nd, 2006, 11:29 PM
For more spoilers about the ships....
Yes the two new known ships are the Orion and the Odessy.
The Russian-built ship is the Korelev, which gets destroyed by the Ori.

Eoin
January 23rd, 2006, 03:42 AM
I don't know that's why i'm asking
:lol:

AscendedWarrior
January 23rd, 2006, 10:50 PM
For more spoilers about the ships....
Yes the two new known ships are the Orion and the Odessy.
The Russian-built ship is the Korelev, which gets destroyed by the Ori.

Why woun't the writers let the russians keep the ship a little longer?:D And why do they attack the Orii with it? Or does the Orii attack us?

Peoples_General
January 23rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
Maybe the crew had a little too much Vodka and thought that the Ori warship was a Tel'Tak....

Im sure the Russians are building more ships. Im just hoping to see more ships built by other countries. Just think of the cool names: Korelev (Russia), Gagarin (Russia), Yamato (Japan), the Soveriegn (UK), Zheng He (China), and etc.

NakedJehutyV2
January 24th, 2006, 12:34 AM
every ep the russians get screwed that's why why should s9 be anydifferent

Wraith_Hunter
January 24th, 2006, 02:08 AM
This related to the 'Orion'.

It's just appeared in Atlantis epsidoe 'Inferno' to help save the day.

It's NOT an Earth ship period. It's actually a damaged Ancient 'Aurora' class warship. It gets found on a planet, as payment for helping their world survive an erupting super volcano. The people let them use it. It's currently damaged. The engines are down, the shields are depleted. However it has an armoury FULL of Drones. McKay is taking a repair team back to make repairs to try & get it up & running before the Hive ships reach Atlantis.

One thing though, from the pics of it, it looks like it has big honkin space guns.

JedI Master of the Gate
January 24th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Maybe the crew had a little too much Vodka and thought that the Ori warship was a Tel'Tak....

Im sure the Russians are building more ships. Im just hoping to see more ships built by other countries. Just think of the cool names: Korelev (Russia), Gagarin (Russia), Yamato (Japan), the Soveriegn (UK), Zheng He (China), and etc.

How about an the ANZAC (Australian/New Zealand)

GateMan2000
January 24th, 2006, 07:49 AM

It's NOT an Earth ship period. It's actually a damaged Ancient 'Aurora' class warship. It gets found on a planet, as payment for helping their world survive an erupting super volcano. The people let them use it. It's currently damaged. The engines are down, the shields are depleted. However it has an armoury FULL of Drones. McKay is taking a repair team back to make repairs to try & get it up & running before the Hive ships reach Atlantis.

One thing though, from the pics of it, it looks like it has big honkin space guns.

I can't wait! From the sounds of it, they will be keeping this for a while. But then again...thats to be determined.

Heaven
January 24th, 2006, 09:24 AM

thank you so much for spoiling this episode for me
next time try keeping such info INSIDE the spoiler tag

FallenAngelII
January 24th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Actually, nothing was said about the Orion's armoury or how many drones it contained. The mention of them having restocked their drone supply was most probably a reference to "The Tower", as NOTHING was said about the Orion's drone-supply before that.

bigwiver
January 24th, 2006, 02:49 PM

erm... he did?

sparkie
January 24th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah the Olyimpia (sp bad I know) is the new Daedalus class ship which is based in our galaxy. There was a behind the scenes video with SG1 beaming aboard the ship.

freyr's mother
January 24th, 2006, 03:48 PM
What are you on? It's called the Odyssey and it appears in Off the Grid.

creed462
January 24th, 2006, 07:32 PM
We need more ships. It would be nice if they start introducing of type of ships like cargo and ect.

Peoples_General
January 24th, 2006, 07:39 PM
How about an the ANZAC (Australian/New Zealand)

Their ship can be called.... The Dundee. :D

creed462
January 24th, 2006, 07:42 PM
How bout an american ship called "The SG-1"

Wraith_Hunter
January 24th, 2006, 10:41 PM

Just curious, but how thick are you! I DID put them INSIDE a spoiler tag as to not spoil it for anyone who didn't want to know. If you didn't want to know then what are you doing highlighting a SPOILER tag which references a previously unseen ship in the season 10 folder.

Actually,

nothing was said about the Orion's armoury or how many drones it contained. The mention of them having restocked their drone supply was most probably a reference to "The Tower", as NOTHING was said about the Orion's drone-supply before that

So there was NOTHING mentioned in the ep. You wanna bet!

Shep says that they have an armoury FULL of Drones, yet McKay doesn't want to blow a hole in the roof of the hanger. So there was nothing to do with 'The Tower' in it, Shep wanted to use the Drones, yet McKay wouldn't let him. Sorry to disprove you, I would have left it, but when you started capitalising words. I rose to the bait!

NakedJehutyV2
January 25th, 2006, 01:32 AM
we need a ship named the enterprise

Heaven
January 25th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Just curious, but how thick are you! I DID put them INSIDE a spoiler tag as to not spoil it for anyone who didn't want to know. If you didn't want to know then what are you doing highlighting a SPOILER tag which references a previously unseen ship in the season 10 folder.

I didn't highlight the spoiler tag
I was referring to this part:

not that big a spoiler but still I would prefer people confine such info to the spoiler tag

AscendedWarrior
January 25th, 2006, 10:26 AM
we need a ship named the enterprise

McKay would be happy :D

But i like to see some other versions of ships, like cargo or alkesh models from earth

Wraith_Hunter
January 25th, 2006, 12:59 PM
not that big a spoiler but still I would prefer people confine such info to the spoiler tag

I still don't get it, because you are looking through the season ten folder. Which because it's for an upcoming season that's yet to air, EVERYTHING in it should be considered spoilers.

That said, you knew that 'The Orion' would be seen as well as any new ships in S10 episodes of SG-1 & S3 episodes of Atlantis. So what differences does it make to have appeared a couple of eps earlier than what people expected. Simply the fact of knowing that these things would be recurring in S10 is the real spoiler in itself.

Besides if you haven't highlighted the spoiler, then trust me! You ain't gonna have a clue what's going to be seen. So you haven't been spoiled in the slighest. Nobody could have predicted what kind of ship 'Orion' is before it appeared out of the blue.

NakedJehutyV2
January 25th, 2006, 05:58 PM
McKay would be happy :D

But i like to see some other versions of ships, like cargo or alkesh models from earth

more like jack who wanted prommie to be named enterprise

me too

Juice
January 26th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Have they took a puddle jumper back to earth yet? or even that Wraith ship from when mcKay had that woman stuck in his head?

Id love to see Earth versions of puddle jumpers and darts. I can imagine the lucius allience(which will be a cover for some System lord) terrorizing this planet, we have already tried to stop them with F-302 thats they deicmated but then here this chainsaw type noise and far superior in terms of speed and Manuvering Earth dat comes and wipes them out.

Wraith_Hunter
January 26th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Have they took a puddle jumper back to earth yet? or even that Wraith ship from when mcKay had that woman stuck in his head?

Id love to see Earth versions of puddle jumpers and darts. I can imagine the lucius allience(which will be a cover for some System lord) terrorizing this planet, we have already tried to stop them with F-302 thats they deicmated but then here this chainsaw type noise and far superior in terms of speed and Manuvering Earth dat comes and wipes them out.

They already have the time jumper from 'It's good to be king' & 'Moebius' at Area 51. SO I'm sure it's being studied already. However don't think they'll ever get around to being able to reverse engineer it. SG hopefully will go on for a few more seasons yet & if they could get a few guaranteed seasons under their belt, then they could at least have a better timeframe of which to add things into. However every season is to be treated as it's last & so in that season they have to give us what they think are the most appropriate storylines. This is most likely why they haven't gone back to episodes that fans really want to see past story arcs followed up on. Such as 'Crystal Skull', 'Grace', Reetou etc, etc. So considering they have had Goa'uld tech since the very beginning & still haven't made any major developments on it, then jumpers with their ancient tech are too far out of their reach. They may be able to construct a similar hull etc but the aerodynamics are a lot different from 302's with their wings. Then there is the retractable drive pods with built in Drone turrets, cloaking tech & of course the direct neuro interface of which everything such as the Hud etc can be controlled directly by the pilot simply by thought.

As for the Dart, the one from 'Duet' was in pieces & so would be best kept in Atlantis for study where it could be better analyzed. Simply because the Atlantis science teams have more experience with ancient/wraith tech that their Earth based counterparts.

Spoiler relating to darts, for later on than 'Duet'.

In 'The Lost Boys', Ford & his team, have found a working Wraith dart. 'Then in the follow up ep, 'The Hive', Shep uses a dart to escape the Hive ship. He makes it off the ship & takes it through the SG to a safe world. Where they touch down & leave it safely as it wouldn't fit in the Atlantis gateroom. So now they seem to have a perfectly working dart that Shep can fly.

Then in the episode 'Michael', McKay has the materializer schematics on his tablet pc. So it proves that they are still studying wraith tech of the crashed & captured dart. However the dart still seems to be far too advanced to duplicate as well. The best they could do was infiltraite some Hive ships on cloaked jumpers. Then have a load of pilots on board, land beside the dart bay. Then get them into the darts & fly them out to safety. Have a nuke on board & place it on a timer. So they should just be able to fly to a safe distance before it detonates. Then they can have their own squadron of darts, of which they could personalise a bit more to make them more human & distinguish them from wraith darts a little more.

creed462
January 26th, 2006, 12:24 PM
We are making stide with technology, so we can soon make a new type of fighter

AscendedWarrior
January 28th, 2006, 06:32 AM
more like jack who wanted prommie to be named enterprise

me too

McKay wanted to name the last ship enterprise, havn't you seen it?

NakedJehutyV2
January 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM
i'm not canadian