Goa'uld vs. Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld vs. Wraith

I couldn't think of a workable premise for this conflict. Maybe someone else could help me out?

In space:
    1) the Gould had the advantage of numbers before they were overthrown.
    2) Wraith darts are faster and more maneuverable then deathgliders with the added ability to land troops/capture prisoners quickly.
    3) Gould motherships have shields but they're smaller then Hive ships and have fewer guns.
    4) Wraith hive ships can carry many more darts then a mothership can carry deathgliders.
    5) Gould ships can stay in hyperspace for longer periods of time and don't have to stop to cull.

On the ground:
    1) one-on-one jaffa and wraith seem pretty equal unless we're talking about a Wraith commander (psychic powers) or hand-to-hand combat where the Wraith physical strenght gives them the advantage.
    2) In realistic combat the Wraith would lose because the rely exclusivly on stunners while jaffa have grenades, staff weapons, zats (lethal and non-lethal) and stationary guns.
    3) Both sides wear body armour and niether seems to be stronger then the other although the Wraith have the advantage of regenerative abilities.

Industrial capacity:
    1) the Wraith don't have any industrial capacity. They havn't shown any ability to construct new hive ships. Perhaps there are limited production capabilites onboard Wraith hive ships, like dart construction/repair and body armour/stunner construction.
    2) the Gould have proven their ability to construct new ships. They have large anti-gravity dry-docks that support motherships during construction.
    3) the Wraith have made no significant technological advances in 10000 years.
    4) the Gould Apophis (or one of his underlings) created a new type of hyperdrive that was a significant improvment on previous types. Other Gould quickly followed. THis shows that they have at least a limited ability to advace technologically.

In my opinion, in a straight up war, the Gould would be victorious because they can rebuild ships and weapons. They also have shown a capacity for technological advance while the Wraith havn't even developed shields or sustainable hyperdrive.

versus aside, I would like to see some Gould or Wraith armour for once. It would also be cool if the Gould retractable helmat had some sort of HUD that gave jaffa enhanced vision etc. but there is no indication of that from any of the shows.
    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

you realize this subject has been done to death, right? I mean, there already was a thread over ten pages long. This is why there is a search function.

P.S. I agree with you, the wraith would lose. But they would put up a tough fight.

Comment

2 for me

anyway wraith would prolly lose but wraith will keep on coming like with the alterrans.

i wanna see how a zat and a staff blast affects them

Comment

psssssst, wraith dont rely completly on stunners, they to have grenades as seen in the Defaint one! adn their ships have guns that don't stun, the foot soldiers have stunners so they can eat the humans they shoot.

Comment

tey only wanna stun to later get their grub on

Comment

Also Deathglider pilots seem to rely on sight alone to target an enemy while Darts seem to have a sophisticated computer to aid the pilots. Slight disadvantage for the goa'uld also is that they are so used to fighting eachother that when fighting someone new they would have a tendency of using old failing tactics rather then new good ones.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

What I don't understand is how you could possibly think that the wraith would lose. They defeated the ancients. Sure they were outnumbered and they were overcompetent but atlantis was defeated. Im sure the wraith would destroy the goa'uld seeing how the goa'uld never backdown. Remember people the goa'uld don't run from fights. It would be much like the replicator battle. Tactics and stragety seem to be totally absent for the goa'uld. Not to mention you left out wraith crusiers and the fact that 60 hive ships plus crusiers vs 120 motherships sure the goa'uld have numbers but they are extremly weaker technologically. You have seen what wraith weapons have done to the deddys asgard shields. Even when 2 v 1. Imagine what would happen to motherships plus the fighterpower from the wraith.

Comment

Hataks have shields, Hiveships don't. Hataks also appear to have a faster rate of fire than the Hive Ships.
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

"Helo" think b4 you post would you.

1. You cannot compare two wars to each other. Wraith vs Ancients and Wraith vs Goa'uld are very different. The Ancients and Goa'uld use very different tactics and tecj and just because Ancient tech is better that doesn't necesserily make them tougher to fight. I have no doubt that they would have pasted teh Wraith if they had taken them seriously-in the end they lost to their own arrogance just like the Tollan.

2. As far as I remember from the ep in which Jacob was showing us the positions of the Goa'uld ships(only the ones that the tok'ra managed to tag mind u), the total calc was closer to 300 minimum for the galaxy-not 120.

3. Sooner or later ur gonna have to face the truth-Goa'uld ships are more advanced than Wraith ones. How?- you say. Well let me enlighten you. Wether a ship is advanced or not is shown by the overall tech onboard.

Goa'uld- Shields, Good Hyperdrive, Decent energy weapons-faster rate of fire

Wraith-No shields, Crap Hyperdrive(or they stop to cull, but i reckon their powersource is just inefficent), V good but slow fireing energy weapons.

So you see you cant say that Wraith ships are more advanced than Goa'uld ships on account that you like their big blue energy weapon. Besides a Goa'uld flag ship should be able to dispatch a Hive ship 1:1. NOt to mention the eye weapon on Anubis' ship.

As we can see from the Deadalus having shields is a huge advantage over the wraith-I think my point is pretty obvious.

Also as we have seen from Deddy, having a faster hyperdrive is also an advantage over the wraith. Teh Goa'uld could lay ambushes in force or do hit and run attacks on wraith bases(if those exist). Say the wraith have a ship building facility. The goa'uld send a small decoy fleet to another Wraith planet and assault it. The territorial Wraith immediately respond and go there with their lumbering Hive ships. In the mean time a Goa'uld fleet uses it's supperior speed to wipe out the unprotected facility. By the Wraith xame back the Goa'uld could be long gone.

This is just to show you the kind of surgical strikes taht a supperior hyperdrive allows the Goa'uld-and taht's assuming they don't just go for the all out destruction of the Wraith lol!

btw starting this thread is like opening a can of flesh eating, blood sucking worms with wings so maybe we should stop some time soon, lest it gets like the last thread on this
                  Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                  +
                  Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
                    "Helo" think b4 you post would you.

1. You cannot compare two wars to each other. Wraith vs Ancients and Wraith vs Goa'uld are very different. The Ancients and Goa'uld use very different tactics and tecj and just because Ancient tech is better that doesn't necesserily make them tougher to fight. I have no doubt that they would have pasted teh Wraith if they had taken them seriously-in the end they lost to their own arrogance just like the Tollan.

2. As far as I remember from the ep in which Jacob was showing us the positions of the Goa'uld ships(only the ones that the tok'ra managed to tag mind u), the total calc was closer to 300 minimum for the galaxy-not 120.

3. Sooner or later ur gonna have to face the truth-Goa'uld ships are more advanced than Wraith ones. How?- you say. Well let me enlighten you. Wether a ship is advanced or not is shown by the overall tech onboard.

Goa'uld- Shields, Good Hyperdrive, Decent energy weapons-faster rate of fire

Wraith-No shields, Crap Hyperdrive(or they stop to cull, but i reckon their powersource is just inefficent), V good but slow fireing energy weapons.

So you see you cant say that Wraith ships are more advanced than Goa'uld ships on account that you like their big blue energy weapon. Besides a Goa'uld flag ship should be able to dispatch a Hive ship 1:1. NOt to mention the eye weapon on Anubis' ship.

As we can see from the Deadalus having shields is a huge advantage over the wraith-I think my point is pretty obvious.

Also as we have seen from Deddy, having a faster hyperdrive is also an advantage over the wraith. Teh Goa'uld could lay ambushes in force or do hit and run attacks on wraith bases(if those exist). Say the wraith have a ship building facility. The goa'uld send a small decoy fleet to another Wraith planet and assault it. The territorial Wraith immediately respond and go there with their lumbering Hive ships. In the mean time a Goa'uld fleet uses it's supperior speed to wipe out the unprotected facility. By the Wraith xame back the Goa'uld could be long gone.

This is just to show you the kind of surgical strikes taht a supperior hyperdrive allows the Goa'uld-and taht's assuming they don't just go for the all out destruction of the Wraith lol!

btw starting this thread is like opening a can of flesh eating, blood sucking worms with wings so maybe we should stop some time soon, lest it gets like the last thread on this
                    I agree. The goa'uld would win. The wraith always use the same tactic, the goa'uld are propably much better in war then the wraith. The goa'uld also have shields based on the ancient tech. (6x03 - Descent) thanks to Anubis.

Also before earth started to blow up Ha'taks there were prob alot more of them.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

It would be an interesting battle. I honestly don't know who would win. There are some great points on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                        What I don't understand is how you could possibly think that the wraith would lose. They defeated the ancients. Sure they were outnumbered and they were overcompetent but atlantis was defeated.
                        In the first Atlantis episode the hologram ancient describes the the Wraith "feeding upon the defensless human worlds like a great scourge". This suggests that the Ancients hardly put up a fight (except on Dorandin). The simply took all their forces and bunkered down at Atlantis leaving all the other humans in the Pegasus galaxy at the mercy of the Wraith. How could the Ancients have won with tactics like that? They didn't go on the offensive once in the entire war and practically let the Wraith lay siege to their city. The Ancients may have been smart but they weren't warriors.

Just because the Ancients were beaten by the Wraith because they were so inexperience at fighting wars doesn't mean that they would beat the System Lords who have been at war almost constantly for centuries.

As I said before, the Wraith's complete lack of infrastructure would doom them in any war against an enemy who actually knew how to fight.

The Wraith would probably put up a good fight in the first few battles but after they started losing ships they would quickly lose their ability to fight. The Gould's numerical advantage also means they can concentrate fire while the Wraith have to distribute their fire.
                        "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

I think we know to little about the wraith to discuss their industrial capacity, for all we know they might got hundreds of planets construction ships.

But from the information we have now, i would say the gould would kick wraith ass.

Comment

Well in my opinion the goa'uld would win. They goa'uld would not care how they win but only if they do. I see them when if confronted with a large fleet of wraith ships groups togetther which they could take out easily , putting the biggest bomb they know how to make into cloakable cargo ship and detinating it close the wraith ships taking as many them with it. Well only wraith ship I definely tell that is superior to a goa'uld ship is fighters. Darts do seem to have better targeting system that death gliders. Well Baal took over anubis fleet after the battle over antartica there decent chance he found blueprints on anubis flagship. He may not be able to power the super weapon but the shields on were very strong and took a whole fleet of hataks to take it out. I can see Baal making a fleet of those flagships to defend against any threats.
                            http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
                              I think we know to little about the wraith to discuss their industrial capacity, for all we know they might got hundreds of planets construction ships.

But from the information we have now, i would say the gould would kick wraith ass.
                              This is a good point I mean hardly anything is known about the Wraith while the Goa'uld have had 8 seasons with plenty of their tactics and stuff shown. So far the Wraith seem nomadic but surely they would require some form of shipyards or heavy industry to produce those massive hiveships.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X