X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam's Twisted Love Life

Anyone else confused?

I'm feeling some freakishly mixed signals here.

Hmm...lemme know if I miss anything/one:

1st: "Not really..." was Sam's response to Agent Barrett's question, "so, you single?"

2nd: they bring back Orlin.

3rd: Sam and Martouf talk about the Sam in his world, how things didn't work out, blah, blah, and she asks who she (in his world) is married to. Of course, she's interrupted before we can be told anything!

(Though I still say that if his answer wasn't about to be "General O'Neill" I'll be a shoebox)

4th: Sam tries to kiss Martouf in Ripple Effect tonight.

(And at this point I nearly threw a fit about it. I am getting so frustrated about this. It's bad enough having the potential S/J relationship details sketchy, but do they have to go through all these ex-boyfriends? It's like she's a hormonal teenager again. HELLO! Choose a guy and stick with him so us S/J-hopefulls can at least be put out of our misery.)

Anyone else feeling completely screwed about this?
    - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
    Not your average world-saving squad!!

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
    Anyone else confused?

I'm feeling some freakishly mixed signals here.

Hmm...lemme know if I miss anything/one:

1st: "Not really..." was Sam's response to Agent Barrett's question, "so, you single?"

2nd: they bring back Orlin.

3rd: Sam and Martouf talk about the Sam in his world, how things didn't work out, blah, blah, and she asks who she (in his world) is married to. Of course, she's interrupted before we can be told anything!

(Though I still say that if his answer wasn't about to be "General O'Neill" I'll be a shoebox)

4th: Sam tries to kiss Martouf in Ripple Effect tonight.

(And at this point I nearly threw a fit about it. I am getting so frustrated about this. It's bad enough having the potential S/J relationship details sketchy, but do they have to go through all these ex-boyfriends? It's like she's a hormonal teenager again. HELLO! Choose a guy and stick with him so us S/J-hopefulls can at least be put out of our misery.)

Anyone else feeling completely screwed about this?
    screwed over and roasted at the stake.

fun. not. having.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Quite. Sam's love life needs to be resolved, for her sake and ours!
      Over at http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22555
      (which is supposed to be an anti Sam/Cam ship thread but has veered off-topic but oh well never mind the new direction is pretty interesting too) they're discussing the lack of female writers on the show and whether this has caused the frankly crap treatment and poor writing of Sam and her relationships.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Hmm....I'm not entirely sure what difference gender makes in the writing. What we really need are writers who are sympathetic to Sam (if WE'RE feeling screwed over, think of how screwed the Sam character must feel!).

(Oh yes, writers who are sympathetic to Sam AND the 100 men/aliens/or-otherwise who are drawn to her.)

(Geez, they're sure making a huge, sloppy mess of all this!)

Needless to say, I'm glad I'm not the one holding the mop.
        - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
        Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
          Quite. Sam's love life needs to be resolved, for her sake and ours!
          Over at http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22555
          (which is supposed to be an anti Sam/Cam ship thread but has veered off-topic but oh well never mind the new direction is pretty interesting too) they're discussing the lack of female writers on the show and whether this has caused the frankly crap treatment and poor writing of Sam and her relationships.
          Or they could just drop the whole thing and let her personal life go back to being personal.

Just sayin
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'm really gutted. I mean, what will we get next week?

Fifth: He never REALLY kidnapped her, she ran away and they had a torrid love affair and got married... the real reason Sam dumped Pete

Pete: He'll turn up with more roses, they'll kiss, make up and get back together, married and have lots of potato head babies.

Narim: In an attempt to work out how the emotion device works, Sam has to experiment lots. Sick bags necessary.

Abu: Comes back to claim what is "rightfully" his.

Hanson: Somehow he survived, and he comes back to repair things with Sam.

Thor: Hey, anything's possible.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

They said this season would go back to Carter the scientist and academic

ha ha bleeping ha

This year, we've had

Sam/orlin
              Sam/Martouf
              Sam/Cam (yuck)

I think now that RDA's no longer on the show, they should resolve Sam and Jack. That way, the show can move on, the S/J shippers will be happy, and it won't interrupt the Anti-shippers and Non-shippers won't have their show interrupted.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I agree 100%.The way Sam is going Sam would not even be welcome on Desperate Housewives.AT needs to step up and Say enough is enough.AT complained about Affinity and there should have been some complaining about the almost Kiss.

Comment

You make a good point sueKay.TPTB will continue to push Sam/Other at every chance and will never close the book on Sam/Jack.I'am afraid it will be business as usual until the last episode of SG-1 and we then may get a 3 minute Sam/Jack resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Fifth: He never REALLY kidnapped her, she ran away and they had a torrid love affair and got married... the real reason Sam dumped Pete

Pete: He'll turn up with more roses, they'll kiss, make up and get back together, married and have lots of potato head babies.

Narim: In an attempt to work out how the emotion device works, Sam has to experiment lots. Sick bags necessary.

u forget mckay.
                    spoilers for the preview of next weeks atlantis
                    Spoiler:
                    that kiss really wasn't a dream and sam stays on atlantis to be with her new husband. OR the kiss was a dream, but mckay confronts her and they fall in love anyway. ugh.
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I wished they would just leave Sam alone. Since they do such a bad job with writing her personal life, just focus on her career.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        I wished they would just leave Sam alone. Since they do such a bad job with writing her personal life, just focus on her career.
                        I concur
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

I still waiting for Joe. We will find out that Sam and him had a intimate relationship.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

ditto.

since the boys have proven that they can't write sam in a relationship as anything but a harlequin romance, stop doing it. they got 3 boys on the show and are about to get vala, let them do all the kirking and just leave sam alone.

for cryin out loud, can't they find something else to do than moon on about who she is/isn't with?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I still waiting for Joe. We will find out that Sam and him had a intimate relationship.
                              gak!

bite yo tongue!!
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X