This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The matter of Jonas

Hi I'm a long time lurker, bu my first post.

okay one thing I actually miss is Jonas. he was swept aside so suddenly and he really has'nt come back per se.

But what bugs me is as time goes by and watching old eps is that they obviously had a plan for Jonas. He was "different" somehow it was alluded, even Gou'ld's said as much. I was thinking possibly he was a advanced in some way, closer to ascending maybe? Some hybrid? Maybe he had ancient DNA and they were they planning on spinning him off to be part of Atlantis? (that's my guess)

Anyway, They were clearly spiraling it up to be a plotline in the future and then - Daniel came back and Jonas was gone. It's been a couple years now, I thought maybe we'd see something come of it, but nada. WTF?

Does anyone know what the deal was and why it has been shoved aside? Was Corin Nemec fired some reason and thus the storyline was axed?

the main reason, or so i believe, was when MS returned TPTB believed Daniel and Jonas were too similar and so there was only room for one of them in the show, so Jonas was taken out of the show. Personally I thought he was great and would have liked to have him round for longer, but nevermind He may come back at some point.

Oh and welcome
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

yeah see thats the thing, if it were me I would have at very least 'assigned" him to a another SG team and maybe he popped up time to time, hanging out with the guys for lunch or popping by to say hi, but kept him in the fringe at least.

I really really think they were gonna send him to atlantis. I think he might have had ancient DNA since they hinted there was something different about him on molecular level.

Still sucks, I miss Jonas he was kinda fun. Not saying It wasn't nice to have daniel back, but i think there was room for both in some way.

(BTw I freaking hate this season, and nothign to do with Ben, I love ben to bits. I hate the whole Ori thang. I can barely pay attention to the show anymore bouncing in my seat waiting for BSG now.)

Comment

It's funny
        From Joking.com's 3rd SG-1 parody
        Oh and nobody from the other realities misses jonas either

Comment

Is he in Ripple Effect? I dont think so, but you never know
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Jonas was given an arc because TPTB planned to spin him off to Atlantis. But then Stargate got renewed- again- so Atlantis was held off for a year, meaning there was nowhere to put him and with Shanks coming back there was no reason to keep Corin around so they booted Jonas back to Kelowna, allowed Corin to write and appear in one ep of S7 to fulfill contractual obligations and that's the end of it. *shrug*

According to Joe, Jonas is "very busy" with matters on his own planet and that's why we haven't seen him. IF the "right story comes along" and IF Corin is "available" then we MAY see him again, but after all this time and given that I think Greenberg said he would never appear on the show again, I find it highly doubtful that Jonas's story will ever be concluded. As wish many other characters and storylines, he was abandoned for something shinier and more sensational.

Comment

I'll probably get eaten alive by Jonas fans for this, but its such a comedy picture:

* Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Well, hippie, unfortunately that's pretty dead-on accurate to what happened. Booted through the gate or booted through the airlock, the result is the same: No more Jonas. EVER.

The only difference is that with Jonas on Kelowna/Langara, technically he's still alive. But since we're never going to see him, he may as well be dead.

Comment

They really should have included Jonas in Ripple Effect. S9 Ripple Effect
                  Spoiler:
                  If an Alterante SG-1 that Included Ole Doc Fraiser (dead for two years) and Martoof (dead for five years) is close enough to our reality that they could apear, then One with Jonas still on the team could also have shown up. This would have been the prefect opertunity to bring him back and apease the fans. after all, that's the only reason the brought back Fraiser and Martoof, to apeas their fans who have missed them.
                  Last edited by GateGipsy; 21 January 2006, 09:53 AM.

Perfecto!

Comment

First of all, Griff, you'd better spoiler warn that post of yours. And second, no matter how many different ways TPTB find to bring back certain characters to "appease" fans- whether it be AUs, flashbacks, time travel, clones, robot doubles, Replicators, hallucinations, dreams, mind probes or whatever else, they'll never include Jonas. I don't know what happened, but I think it's pretty clear that he's never setting foot on the show again.

Comment

i think i killed Jonas when he was coming through the gate.....

I was too slow opening the Iris...

Btw, i am talking about the gate sim
                      "Fly your ship through replicator dominated space, repair whatever damage may have been done to the time dialation device, and activate it before the replicators can stop you"

Best.Thor.Moment.Evar

Comment

I'd love to see Jonas come back, even if its just another guest star appearance. Personally he and Daniel are very different and I think they make a good team. But then how often do the hot shots than run things listen to fans? And from what I've seen surfing the web a lot of the Jackson fan clubs wouldn't protest big time if his name was mentioned on the show again.
                        Retired Major Stetson
                        "Space Fox"
                        Teep/Teek and all around sneak

If the primates we evolved from had known that politians would come out of the gene pool, they'd have stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.

sig by my pal CKO

Comment

I am very glad Daniel came back *but* at the same time I thought they treated Jonas horribly. There was no reason for him to be kicked out like that, never to be seen again (except for one guest spot). I think the idea of him being sent to Atlantis would be an incredible idea.

Bottom line, I missed Daniel immensely, but I think Jonas had a place in the scheme of the story too.
                          I love Jack O'Neill. That about covers it.

Glitz Gal
                          http://www.ancientrealm.net/

Comment

I don't know why they didn't S9 Ripple Effect
                            Spoiler:
                            bring Jonas back for this episode. It would have been a perfect opportunity. I am not a fan of S7. My favourite episodes are Fallen/Homecoming (Daniel comes back, Daniel and Jonas together - fantastic stuff), and Fallout

Please remember folks that you're in the general folder, so you need to put in spoiler space and you also need to say what the spoiler space is for.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Well, hippie, unfortunately that's pretty dead-on accurate to what happened. Booted through the gate or booted through the airlock, the result is the same: No more Jonas. EVER.

The only difference is that with Jonas on Kelowna/Langara, technically he's still alive. But since we're never going to see him, he may as well be dead.
                              Shame they got rid of such a promising character.

Comment

Working...
                              X