PDA

View Full Version : The matter of Jonas

spunknugget
January 20th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Hi I'm a long time lurker, bu my first post.

okay one thing I actually miss is Jonas. he was swept aside so suddenly and he really has'nt come back per se.

But what bugs me is as time goes by and watching old eps is that they obviously had a plan for Jonas. He was "different" somehow it was alluded, even Gou'ld's said as much. I was thinking possibly he was a advanced in some way, closer to ascending maybe? Some hybrid? Maybe he had ancient DNA and they were they planning on spinning him off to be part of Atlantis? (that's my guess)

Anyway, They were clearly spiraling it up to be a plotline in the future and then - Daniel came back and Jonas was gone. It's been a couple years now, I thought maybe we'd see something come of it, but nada. WTF?

Does anyone know what the deal was and why it has been shoved aside? Was Corin Nemec fired some reason and thus the storyline was axed?

The Signal
January 20th, 2006, 11:26 AM
the main reason, or so i believe, was when MS returned TPTB believed Daniel and Jonas were too similar and so there was only room for one of them in the show, so Jonas was taken out of the show. Personally I thought he was great and would have liked to have him round for longer, but nevermind :D He may come back at some point.

Oh and welcome

spunknugget
January 20th, 2006, 11:37 AM
yeah see thats the thing, if it were me I would have at very least 'assigned" him to a another SG team and maybe he popped up time to time, hanging out with the guys for lunch or popping by to say hi, but kept him in the fringe at least.

I really really think they were gonna send him to atlantis. I think he might have had ancient DNA since they hinted there was something different about him on molecular level.

Still sucks, I miss Jonas he was kinda fun. Not saying It wasn't nice to have daniel back, but i think there was room for both in some way.

(BTw I freaking hate this season, and nothign to do with Ben, I love ben to bits. I hate the whole Ori thang. I can barely pay attention to the show anymore bouncing in my seat waiting for BSG now.)

AcidSquid
January 20th, 2006, 11:43 AM
It's funny
From Joking.com's 3rd SG-1 parody

Oh and nobody from the other realities misses jonas either

The Signal
January 20th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Is he in Ripple Effect? I dont think so, but you never know

ShadowMaat
January 20th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Jonas was given an arc because TPTB planned to spin him off to Atlantis. But then Stargate got renewed- again- so Atlantis was held off for a year, meaning there was nowhere to put him and with Shanks coming back there was no reason to keep Corin around so they booted Jonas back to Kelowna, allowed Corin to write and appear in one ep of S7 to fulfill contractual obligations and that's the end of it. *shrug*

According to Joe, Jonas is "very busy" with matters on his own planet and that's why we haven't seen him. IF the "right story comes along" and IF Corin is "available" then we MAY see him again, but after all this time and given that I think Greenberg said he would never appear on the show again, I find it highly doubtful that Jonas's story will ever be concluded. As wish many other characters and storylines, he was abandoned for something shinier and more sensational.

da_hippie
January 21st, 2006, 06:53 AM
I'll probably get eaten alive by Jonas fans for this, but its such a comedy picture:

http://simon_the_duck.tripod.com/phocaps/captionjonasairlock.jpg

ShadowMaat
January 21st, 2006, 07:14 AM
Well, hippie, unfortunately that's pretty dead-on accurate to what happened. Booted through the gate or booted through the airlock, the result is the same: No more Jonas. EVER.

The only difference is that with Jonas on Kelowna/Langara, technically he's still alive. But since we're never going to see him, he may as well be dead.

Major_Griff
January 21st, 2006, 08:02 AM
They really should have included Jonas in Ripple Effect. S9 Ripple Effect If an Alterante SG-1 that Included Ole Doc Fraiser (dead for two years) and Martoof (dead for five years) is close enough to our reality that they could apear, then One with Jonas still on the team could also have shown up. This would have been the prefect opertunity to bring him back and apease the fans. after all, that's the only reason the brought back Fraiser and Martoof, to apeas their fans who have missed them.

ShadowMaat
January 21st, 2006, 08:18 AM
First of all, Griff, you'd better spoiler warn that post of yours. And second, no matter how many different ways TPTB find to bring back certain characters to "appease" fans- whether it be AUs, flashbacks, time travel, clones, robot doubles, Replicators, hallucinations, dreams, mind probes or whatever else, they'll never include Jonas. I don't know what happened, but I think it's pretty clear that he's never setting foot on the show again.

dial_the_gate!
January 21st, 2006, 08:30 AM
i think i killed Jonas when he was coming through the gate.....

I was too slow opening the Iris...

Btw, i am talking about the gate sim :P

Major_Elena_Stetson
January 21st, 2006, 08:40 AM
I'd love to see Jonas come back, even if its just another guest star appearance. Personally he and Daniel are very different and I think they make a good team. But then how often do the hot shots than run things listen to fans? And from what I've seen surfing the web a lot of the Jackson fan clubs wouldn't protest big time if his name was mentioned on the show again.

glitzgal
January 21st, 2006, 08:48 AM
I am very glad Daniel came back *but* at the same time I thought they treated Jonas horribly. There was no reason for him to be kicked out like that, never to be seen again (except for one guest spot). I think the idea of him being sent to Atlantis would be an incredible idea.

Bottom line, I missed Daniel immensely, but I think Jonas had a place in the scheme of the story too.

GateGipsy
January 21st, 2006, 09:55 AM
I don't know why they didn't S9 Ripple Effect bring Jonas back for this episode. It would have been a perfect opportunity. I am not a fan of S7. My favourite episodes are Fallen/Homecoming (Daniel comes back, Daniel and Jonas together - fantastic stuff), and Fallout

Please remember folks that you're in the general folder, so you need to put in spoiler space and you also need to say what the spoiler space is for.

HirogenGater
January 21st, 2006, 11:12 AM
Well, hippie, unfortunately that's pretty dead-on accurate to what happened. Booted through the gate or booted through the airlock, the result is the same: No more Jonas. EVER.

The only difference is that with Jonas on Kelowna/Langara, technically he's still alive. But since we're never going to see him, he may as well be dead.

Shame they got rid of such a promising character.

KeiranFuller
January 21st, 2006, 11:58 AM
He should come back to warn SGC that the Ori have targeted Kelowna.

prion
January 21st, 2006, 12:10 PM
I am very glad Daniel came back *but* at the same time I thought they treated Jonas horribly. There was no reason for him to be kicked out like that, never to be seen again (except for one guest spot). I think the idea of him being sent to Atlantis would be an incredible idea.

Bottom line, I missed Daniel immensely, but I think Jonas had a place in the scheme of the story too.

How was Jonas treated horribly? Cripes, his character walked out on good terms, and eegads, alive yet! Most characters get blown to bits.

However, as fans we have no idea of contract negotiations, etc. so at most we can do is speculate wildly. If TPTB decide to bring Jonas back and if CN is available, then we could see Jonas. Until then, it's just like Jack: fanfic can fill the void.

valaCB
January 21st, 2006, 12:45 PM

I agree :jonas:

Avenger
January 21st, 2006, 12:58 PM
I'd have liked to see Jonas be a recurring character of sorts, but that became extremely limited when they sent him back to Kewlona and played out the Naquadria arc.

jackspal
January 21st, 2006, 04:25 PM
:jonas: Yeah, it would be nice to see Jonas again, but his problem was that he wasn't on Farscape--if he was he would at least be a general by now on Stargate.:confused:

jonno
January 21st, 2006, 05:09 PM

So, you're saying TPTB did this to Jonas: (Note the closed iris);)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/JonnoG/Jonas.jpg

Pharaoh Atem
January 21st, 2006, 07:00 PM
jonas would be good on atlantis i'm sure that there would find a way to fit him in

he could be the daniel of SGA

valaCB
January 22nd, 2006, 01:38 AM
jonas would be good on atlantis i'm sure that there would find a way to fit him in

he could be the daniel of SGA
What a great idea!!!
Im so want to see Jonas again :(

BC - 303
January 22nd, 2006, 01:45 AM
i dont know if this has been said in this thread but the ori are trying to take over the INTIRE galexy, so mabey jonas's world is on the list to be priored.

kmiller1610
January 22nd, 2006, 07:00 AM
How did you like it when Jonas came back as a Beatle? He had that funny little haircut and the nehru jacket thing. He looked like Ensign Checkof from ST:TOS....

Snork
January 22nd, 2006, 09:24 AM
I thought Jonas looked cool with his sideswept bangs.

SG-1 definitely needed Daniel Jackson back, but Jonas shouldn't have just been tossed off. Fallen and Homecoming are two of my favourite episodes ever (aside from Lost City 1 and 2, obviously), primarily due to the return of Daniel Jackson and the whole Daniel and Jonas teamup thing. It was awesome.
I too think Jonas could work really well on Atlantis, but I think the show staff is absolutely terrified of making SGA too similar to SG-1.
But then again, that seems to be changing due to Critical Mass and Grace Under Pressure.

SG-1ssm
January 22nd, 2006, 01:16 PM
Hi I'm a long time lurker, bu my first post.

okay one thing I actually miss is Jonas. he was swept aside so suddenly and he really has'nt come back per se.

But what bugs me is as time goes by and watching old eps is that they obviously had a plan for Jonas. He was "different" somehow it was alluded, even Gou'ld's said as much. I was thinking possibly he was a advanced in some way, closer to ascending maybe? Some hybrid? Maybe he had ancient DNA and they were they planning on spinning him off to be part of Atlantis? (that's my guess)

Anyway, They were clearly spiraling it up to be a plotline in the future and then - Daniel came back and Jonas was gone. It's been a couple years now, I thought maybe we'd see something come of it, but nada. WTF?

Does anyone know what the deal was and why it has been shoved aside? Was Corin Nemec fired some reason and thus the storyline was axed?

I think if Daniel ever goes to Atlantis he'll be replaced again by Jonas...but I heard some place that TPTB hate him, so maybe not.

jckfan55
January 22nd, 2006, 02:16 PM
i dont know if this has been said in this thread but the ori are trying to take over the INTIRE galexy, so mabey jonas's world is on the list to be priored.
Good idea. That would be a way to bring Jonas back for an ep. But, please not the long haircut he had in that last episode. :eek:

1DanielForMe
January 22nd, 2006, 02:18 PM

he could be the daniel of SGANo one can be the "Daniel" of anything except for Daniel as far as I'm concerned. :P

That being said, I do know what you're getting at, and I think it's a fine idea as well. I always though Jonas was a pretty neat guy, and respected him tremendously for how he defended Daniel's good name from those f***ers in the Kawlona government. Hopefully, Jonas wouldn't mind that Atlantis doesn't get the Weather Channel. ;)

I do have to say, though, that while I certainly wouldn't mind having Jonas be the Ancient-text-translating guy on Atlantis, I sure as all out hope that Daniel gets to go there some time!

off-world
January 22nd, 2006, 07:11 PM

Here, here!! I did enjoy Jonas even though I was EXTREMELY skeptical. It was sad to see him go.

However, at the risk of being lynched, I would have to request that Jonas be given a different hairdo if he came back.(Fallout).......**ducking***bobbing****weaving*****remember, I said I enjoyed his stint..........***please stop throwing things.......

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/off-world/JonasSepiaBlur.jpg
Ladies!!!! She said she was sad to see me go!

valaCB
January 22nd, 2006, 09:53 PM
I think if Daniel ever goes to Atlantis he'll be replaced again by Jonas...but I heard some place that TPTB hate him, so maybe not.
I heard that too :beckettanime14:

FallenAngelII
January 22nd, 2006, 10:20 PM
Here, here!! I did enjoy Jonas even though I was EXTREMELY skeptical. It was sad to see him go.

However, at the risk of being lynched, I would have to request that Jonas be given a different hairdo if he came back.(Fallout).......**ducking***bobbing****weaving*****remember, I said I enjoyed his stint..........***please stop throwing things.......

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/off-world/JonasSepiaBlur.jpg
Ladies!!!! She said she was sad to see me go!

I agree. I loved Jonas. He was cute. But that hair... UGH.

Da'goth
January 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Bring back Jonas in season 10! At least in the 200th episode!

HirogenGater
January 25th, 2006, 10:57 AM
It would be good to see Jonas again. Maybe even go out on a mission with SG-1.

Blitz
January 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM
PLEASE DONT.

Ok, he's move don, he has more important things to be doing than going around the system with SG-1. He's doing the negotiator thing and, in all likleyness getting down and dirty with sum hot kelownan guy.

His character I doubt would have very little imput into the story and i dont see the point. Even if we did go back to kelowna id like to see someone else there.

Mattathias2.0
January 25th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I don't think they plan on bringing back Jonas for quite a long time.

Mattathias

Amanda Eros
January 25th, 2006, 12:01 PM
They've been saying that they don't think their bringing him back for a long time. Well, season ten is a long time away from when they first said that... :mckay:

I personally would love to see Jonas back. He has a refreshing personality that will help to bring some life back into this show. Besides that he has a lot to offer, he can help Sam think of a few ways to get rid of the Ori threat. Especially if they are going to be establishing a second beach head. Also with such a dangerous element on his planet, it is only a wonder why the Ori haven't tried to either take it or use it against Earth.

valaCB
January 25th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I love Jonas but i think he will fit perfectly in Atlantis. :jonas:
There'r too many characters in season 10
:daniel: :tealc: :vala: :cameron: :sam:

Skydiver
January 25th, 2006, 12:40 PM
ripple effect would have been the perfect opportunity....personally, i think netu will freeze firse

Linkinparkgundam
January 25th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I personally would love to see Jonas come back. Maybe for the 200th eps. Or for a 2-3 part eps where his charactor either gets killed or forms some bad ties with the team....

-Linkin

plaw15
January 25th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I would love to see jonas back.

the fifth man
January 25th, 2006, 09:46 PM
I would love to see jonas back.

Same here, but I wouldn't hold my breath. For some reason, I think that tptb are over him.

Eoin
January 26th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Same here, but I wouldn't hold my breath. For some reason, I think that tptb are over him.
I would also like to see jonas again...but i gree with the fifth man...tptb are over him :(
:)

creed462
January 26th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I would love to see him back even if for a camio. Maybe see him doing some negotiations in the confrence room as the team passes or something.

LORD MONK
January 26th, 2006, 02:02 PM
I would like a mention of him. Like ah Teal'c Jonas said HI. Daniel; How are the peace negotiations going.

Metarock Sam
January 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM
itd be like a episode of different stokes.
Jonas: Ah Same Ol' Same Ol'

alfakim
January 26th, 2006, 05:32 PM
this is such a good idea. i think season 10 is prime time to really make some great story arcs. explain things that have been brought up seeeeassons ago, like the furlings. jonas for the 200th episode would be great. he's a fun character and it would be so cool to see him again. maybe in the 200th he can come back, and go off to atlantis?

AlphaBlu
January 27th, 2006, 04:20 AM
I think it'd be fun to have Kelwona (and therefore Jonas) come back into the show as the Ori end up on his planet to conver them all. It all ends with Kelwona being destroyed and Jonas and a few others of his people being stranded on Earth.

Jonas swears revenge on the Ori and joins SG-1 again.

Hah... I can dream can't I...

BYE

The Engineer
January 27th, 2006, 03:32 PM
The only way I see TPTB bringing back Jonas is when the Ori establish a second beachhead on Kelowna, and thus killing him in the process, although I would hate them for that.

KnightCrusader
January 28th, 2006, 11:11 PM
The only way I see TPTB bringing back Jonas is when the Ori establish a second beachhead on Kelowna, and thus killing him in the process, although I would hate them for that.

I like that idea, but he and a few people from Langara should escape through the Stargate the Earth, where they set up permanent residence, and can be a reaccuring guest star on another team... or somethin'...

Wait...Even better.... they should do something on Atlantis where the Wraith actually make it to the MW in a fluke of technology or some other device, and arrive at Langara to start culling. SG-1 eventually stops it, and Jonas goes to Atlantis to help stop the Wraith and keep something like this from happening again... how is that for a crossover plot?

Steve

Amanda Eros
January 29th, 2006, 05:48 PM

They won't kill Jonas because that was a choice that was given to the actor when he was forced off of the show. Do you want him to go home or have him die. Nemic chose to have him go home. Though I don't trust TPTB since they did change their minds about having Jonas on Atlantis...

KnightCrusader
January 29th, 2006, 07:37 PM
They won't kill Jonas because that was a choice that was given to the actor when he was forced off of the show. Do you want him to go home or have him die. Nemic chose to have him go home. Though I don't trust TPTB since they did change their minds about having Jonas on Atlantis...

This is interesting.... was Jonas suppossed to be on Atlantis in the beginning? I never heard that before.

Steve

Steve_the_Wraith
January 30th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Originally Jonas was going to appear in season 6, the movie that later became season 7 and TPTB said they might bring him onto the spin-off which became Atlantis (the original idea was quite different to the present show).

But the movie became season 7, Michael Shanks wanted to return to the show and the fans hadn't responded to Jonas as well as TPTB hoped they would. They decided to cut Jonases stay on the show short and as part of the deal they made with Corin Nemec they let him write his own episode in season 7.

Anyway I don't think Jonas has a place on Atlantis - it doesn't make any sense to have him there, what would have made sense was if Jonas had become a recurring character on SG-1 like Jacob or Bretac once he returned home

smurf
January 30th, 2006, 12:32 PM
This is interesting.... was Jonas suppossed to be on Atlantis in the beginning? I never heard that before.

Steve
Yep, originally TPTB believed that season 6 would be the last season. What was discussed (mostly with Brad Wright) with Corin Nemec when he first signed on was; S6, the film, then the spin-off - the reason why MGM signed him on a two year contract.
Unfortunately, the movie and SGA part were only discussions and not locked into the contract.
So, with S7, and, I believe, a lot of internal politics within the upper echelons of TPTB, the character (and the actor) got dumped.

Shame really, I was looking forward to where they were going to take the character.
**ancient genes**

Anyway I don't think Jonas has a place on Atlantis - it doesn't make any sense to have him there, what would have made sense was if Jonas had become a recurring character on SG-1 like Jacob or Bretac once he returned home
He probably hasn't got a place now, but I think we'd be looking at a different team make up if he was there from the beginning.

Quinn Mallory
January 30th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I second that bringing Jonas back for a 2-3 episode arc would be a great idea for Season 10. There would a lot more interesting interaction between Jonas and SG-1 than Jonas in Atlantis (unless he's there with Sam).

smurf
January 30th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I'd like to see a three ep arc which starts in SG-1 and ends in SGA, it'd fit in well with the crossover-ing they're doing next season.

On the other hand watching S9, I'm worried what complete personality change they'd write for the character. :rolleyes: :D

jonno
January 30th, 2006, 04:42 PM
I really would like to see Jonas back in some capacity, on either show.

Unfortunately TPTB seem to have done this to the character:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/JonnoG/Jonas.jpg
(Note the closed Iris).

MasterPower
January 30th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Jonas is done and overwith. I don't think we'll be seeing him anymore.

NakedJehutyV2
January 30th, 2006, 08:57 PM
yeah send him to atlantis. hell that dr gall was sent to atlantis why not him.

jonas and his world are more advanced than earth evolutionary wise

Steve_the_Wraith
January 31st, 2006, 09:00 AM
yeah send him to atlantis. hell that dr gall was sent to atlantis why not him.
Gall was from earth, Jonas isn't. Atlantis is top secret, Jonas probably knows nothing about it

jonas and his world are more advanced than earth evolutionary wise

I think Jonas was more the exception on his planet - his fellow Kelownans did mention that he was especially smart

randy
January 31st, 2006, 10:22 AM
They did promise Jonas and his people that once they acquired shield technology they would return.

aspiringsoapwriter
January 31st, 2006, 12:07 PM
What was the falling out the directors had wit Corin Nemec, the actor who plays Jonas? I've also read that they don't want to have Jonas back for quite some time, suggesting to me that he may not come back at all. Stargate is one of those shows that does well for beloved characters. Didn't we just see some return in "The Ripple Effect?" How many times have they brought back Major Kawalsky? So, I guess there must have been a falling out or we would have seen him by now.

smurf
January 31st, 2006, 01:26 PM
What was the falling out the directors had wit Corin Nemec, the actor who plays Jonas? I've also read that they don't want to have Jonas back for quite some time, suggesting to me that he may not come back at all. Stargate is one of those shows that does well for beloved characters. Didn't we just see some return in "The Ripple Effect?" How many times have they brought back Major Kawalsky? So, I guess there must have been a falling out or we would have seen him by now.
The people we saw return in Ripple Effect are local Canadian actors and are easier to get to do a return stint.

To the best of my knowledge, coming from what CN has said, there was no falling out. He has mentioned being happy to return, so I assume it wasn't a terrible experience and he didn't leave on bad terms. (Of course, he is a very good actor so he might be pretending. :P :D )
I think the falling out happened at a higher level and he just got caught in the crossfire.

BTW if anyone's interested in what Corin's been up to recently:
http://www.niceguys-movie.com (Ensemble Comedy also starring Jason Mewes & Edward Furlong) - trailer on site.
http://www.parzania.com (India set Family/Political drama) trailer (http://www.piff.org/eng/html/program/prog_view.asp?sp_idx=&idx=10027&c_idx=12#none)
He's also worked on a film called American Standards (family drama), and should be filming/has filmed SciFi Original Movie "The Citadel" (WWII soldiers vs. Evil Nazi Experiment :D :D :D )

Anubis345
January 31st, 2006, 01:39 PM
i am a big jonas fan so i could not agree with you more i would love to see Jonas back in the stargate universe i would love to see him come back to the SGC to help combat the Orii or go to Atlantis to protect his world from the wraith

LORD MONK
January 31st, 2006, 02:30 PM
When it comes down to it Parker Lewis can't lose. We need him on the team to fight against the Ori.

NakedJehutyV2
January 31st, 2006, 04:25 PM
Gall was from earth, Jonas isn't. Atlantis is top secret, Jonas probably knows nothing about it

I think Jonas was more the exception on his planet - his fellow Kelownans did mention that he was especially smart

no

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s3/319.shtml

he's more advanced on the evo path than anyother (jonas)

LuvsJonasQuinn
February 3rd, 2006, 11:08 PM
I would love to see them bring Corin back to the show as Jonas. He could rejoin SG-1 and help them fight the Orii. I think he was a great addition to the show.

Elwe Singollo
February 4th, 2006, 01:18 AM
And in plus, it would be such a balanced team! 2 fighters (Teal'c, Cameron), 2 smart people (Daniel, Jonas), and to balance it out, theres super Sam who is both a smart person and a fighter. :sam:

FallenAngelII
February 4th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Ok, he's move don, he has more important things to be doing than going around the system with SG-1. He's doing the negotiator thing and, in all likleyness getting down and dirty with sum hot kelownan guy.

Quoted for truth.

Anyway, as much as I like Jonas, let's not have the 200th episode be Jonas-centric. Besides. Having him back for just one episode and having him go on a mission with SG-1... no.

He COULD be one of the guest stars in the 200th episode, though. That'd be fine by me.

He could Ascend!

Concerning how advanced Jonas is... in "Fallout", the female scientist, what's-her-name, who, albeit was Goa'ulded, mentioned that she was a quick study too and added something in a "Like we all are"-way. So I think there are lots of people on Kelowna who are quick studies and exceptionally intelligent.

shonac85
February 4th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I would love to see Jonas back again. I miss him! Back for the 200th episode would be great. But as much as I would like to see him, I think only as a special guest star would work. Back again as a regular would not be so good. I like the current team dynamic.

But to see him back, just for one episode would be BRILLIANT!! I MISS YOU JONAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jonas: :jonas:

HirogenGater
February 4th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I think the falling out happened at a higher level and he just got caught in the crossfire.

What are you referring to?

Amanda Eros
February 4th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Here is the interview that Nemic says he was going to origionally be on Atlantis.

"Words by Ian Spelling

October 2003

Corin Nemec's journey on Stargate SG-1 didn't last nearly as long as anyone anticipated - Nemec included. The actor joined the show under the toughest of circumstances. He first played Jonas Quinn in the late fifth-season episode Meridian and was asked, in essence, to replace one of the show's most popular actors, Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), during the series' sixth and, presumably, last season. But as he strove to transform Jonas Quinn into a character of interest, Shanks and Jackson never seemed too far away.

By the end of Season Six, Jackson had 'de-ascended' and as Season Six gave way to Season Seven - a year brought about by surprisingly strong ratings - it was clear that Quinn would no longer be an integral part of the show. And so Quinn returned to Kelowna and Nemec, apart from three guest appearances in Season Seven, moved on.

Yet despite his character's sorely curtailed tour of the cosmos, Nemec tells DREAMWATCH that he remains upbeat about his experiences with SG-1...

DREAMWATCH: Overall, have you enjoyed your time on Stargate SG-1?

NEMEC: Absolutely. The time that I've spent on Stargate has been great. I'd really love for it to continue. We'll see what happens after this period of time, but everybody on Stargate is a blast.

DREAMWATCH: What did you make of the way they introduced Quinn on the show and the way in which they worked him into the fabric of the series?

NEMEC: The way they introduced him into the show was quick. It was very quick. That was necessary under the circumstances. The way the character goes out is even quicker! I think it's cool that the original cast is getting to finish it off together, I really do. That's actually a pretty damn cool thing. They spent five years together and why shouldn't they spend the final year or two together.

DREAMWATCH: When you originally signed on, were you of the belief it was a one-year deal or were you thinking you were in it for the long haul?

NEMEC: I was told that my character was going to be spun-off into the next series, into Stargate: Atlantis. That was the initial idea that was offered to me: that my character would go from Stargate to the spin-off and then from there to wherever. That was the initial package that was initially presented. If it happened that way, great. It didn't.

DREAMWATCH: Given all that, were you pleased with your character's development in the show?

NEMEC: Somewhat. Because the storyline is so important in Stargate, character development in that kind of condensed format is almost secondary. Jonas did get development throughout the season. I had some great episodes. I liked Shadow Play, Nightwalkers and Prophecy. I thought Shadow Play was a really good episode, a lot of fun. I liked Changeling, the one that Chris Judge wrote. I didn't have a big part in that, but I liked the idea that he presented. It was just a little different. And Chris and I actually got to have a nice scene in the bathroom. It was a normal two guys talking kind of scene, and that was a lot of fun.

Overall, it's impossible to define a character in one season. Realistically, I think the character was only touched upon. Who knows what could have happened?

DREAMWATCH: You and Michael Shanks have worked together a few times. How do you and he get along?

NEMEC: I love working with Michael. I think he's a great actor and I really enjoy playing off him. To be quite honest, I'd love to go further in that relationship. Michael and I get along great. I guarantee you it could have gone any way. That kind of situation depends on the individuals. Michael is a really down-to-earth guy and I'm whatever - just me. I believe that Michael and I could easily work together on a regular basis and play off each other very well and have a great time.

DREAMWATCH: Fall-Out, a Season Seven episode, is based on your original storyline. How did that happen?

NEMEC: I'd pitched them five different storylines over the last year. They picked up on one. The storyline was supposed to take place on Earth, but they said, "If you can make it take place on Quinn's planet, we'd be interested." I had a great meeting with [Executive Producer] Robert Cooper and [Co-Executive Producer] Joe Mallozzi and made it work.

My exit episode was basically the second part of the [Seventh-Season opener], but I had a three-episode contract. So I had to do a third episode and they picked up a storyline from me. I think that's freaking awesome. I did the two-parter and then I came back a couple of months later to do the episode I wrote the story for. They did an amazing job with the script, because my storyline was so simple. It was beats and moments, [there was] no dialogue written. It was the basics of a story. Joe [and writing partner Paul Mullie] came in there and made an episode out of it.

The story is basically a crisis scenario on my planet. The world is going to be destroyed and we have to save it.

DREAMWATCH: Have thay said anything to you yet about coming back for more episodes in Season Eight?

NEMEC: No. We'll see what happens."

http://www.corinnemec.com/Dreamwatch110.htm

HirogenGater
February 4th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks Amanda Eros for posting that.

Amanda Eros
February 4th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks Amanda Eros for posting that.

Your welcome!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Relina/jq/me44.jpg

Miz_Gatez
February 4th, 2006, 06:32 PM
ripple effect would have been the perfect opportunity....personally, i think netu will freeze firse

koodos! They should've put Jonas and/or/instead of Martouf. I personally would've loved seeing Jonas again much more than Martouf, but, eh, well, I'm getting used to being disappointed on that level :mckay:

If Jonas were brought to the show, I feel he could have a lot to contribute. Of course, it depends on what light they're writing him in, and I'm gonna be negative on that account too :mckay:

Frinky
February 4th, 2006, 07:06 PM
It would fit the storyline well to bring Jonas back, even if only in brief cameos. I mean, his advanced physiology is a perfect start for a plot arc revolving around priors and ascension, leading to the defeat of the Ori. Frankly, I'd rather see Jonas in one minute of one episode than have Vala as a full time character....

Kanten
February 4th, 2006, 09:37 PM
The writers damn well better not forget about him. Langara is right in the path of Ori war machine just as much as any other planet in the galaxy.

NakedJehutyV2
February 4th, 2006, 10:21 PM
earth owes him. if it wasn't for jonas they wouldn't have naquadria

smurf
February 5th, 2006, 01:46 AM
What are you referring to?
Brad Wright going hands off at the beginning of Season 7.

Just speculating, because nothing was openly said. It just seems a bit odd to me letting go in what could have been the last season when SGA was not definate thing. But :shrug:

And this quote from CN on leaving:

Gilles Nuytens: But your time was great there!
Corin Nemec: I had a great time, yeah, absolutely. It's political in a lot of ways. But at the end of the day everybody wants to keep their own jobs. So, no one really cares, which is fine, but the reality is much harsher than the idea of reality.Full interview. (http://www.thescifiworld.net/interviews/corin_nemec_02.htm)

Joe M did mention a special guest for the 200th episode. So maybe our alien friend returns...
After all, it must be time to revisit Martin. :p

smurf
February 5th, 2006, 01:50 AM
koodos! They should've put Jonas and/or/instead of Martouf. I personally would've loved seeing Jonas again much more than Martouf, but, eh, well, I'm getting used to being disappointed on that level :mckay:

If Jonas were brought to the show, I feel he could have a lot to contribute. Of course, it depends on what light they're writing him in, and I'm gonna be negative on that account too :mckay:
What was the point of having Martouf there anyway? What did he contribute except for "Oh, god, nooooo!" ship?

You've hit the reason why I'm in two minds about having him return. I love the character, but how much is he going to have to change to fit Stargate now?

HirogenGater
February 5th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Brad Wright going hands off at the beginning of Season 7.

Just speculating, because nothing was openly said. It just seems a bit odd to me letting go in what could have been the last season when SGA was not definate thing. But :shrug:

And this quote from CN on leaving:
Full interview. (http://www.thescifiworld.net/interviews/corin_nemec_02.htm)

Joe M did mention a special guest for the 200th episode. So maybe our alien friend returns...
After all, it must be time to revisit Martin. :p

Thanks for the link. I realize it's speculation, but it sounds plausible. I always assumed MS came back so TBTB gave Corin the boot.

Frinky
February 6th, 2006, 12:46 AM
To bad really, I doubt having Jonas around would have cluttered the show...especially if he was a recurring character...Ah well, I guess there's no point in concentrating on what could have been. Best to transfer that energy to hope for the future...

GateGipsy
February 6th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Jonas would have been a great recurring character. But would Corin have found that difficult to manage, after all he wouldn't want to be in a position where he had to turn other work down?

I won ten minutes of complete honesty from Peter DeLuise at the German City Con last year. I am not allowed to write what we talked about, naturally. But I can say that after talking to him, I don't believe there was any issues between Corin and TPTB, or between Corin and Michael. Which was a relief really. Although it is still puzzling as to why they haven't brought him back at all, it does leave hope that they will in the future. Maybe having Jonas in the 200th episode isn't so far fetched after all?

Pharaoh Atem
February 6th, 2006, 04:19 AM
goes to gatecon and robert coopers ask who would like to see jonas

you hear some kid yelling from the back row me me me me me me :lol:

Pharaoh Atem
February 6th, 2006, 04:21 AM
and the gate would had exploded in the gate room in season 7

Pharaoh Atem
February 6th, 2006, 04:24 AM
also there could a ori story on his planet thats always the good way to bring back old characters and revisit old stories

reiella
February 6th, 2006, 08:18 AM

Or an earth for that matter.

smurf
February 6th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Jonas would have been a great recurring character. But would Corin have found that difficult to manage, after all he wouldn't want to be in a position where he had to turn other work down?
That's a good point.
I couldn't see Corin wanting to remain a recurring character after his contract finishes - RDA isn't the only one with family based in the US - working in up in Vancouver when you aren't a lead would probably cause him problems when he finally returns to LA. Although if he had remained for the majority of the episodes (recurring like Teryl) I expect he would definately be heading up SGA now.

Still, I don't understand why they didn't make more use of his contracted availability for season 7.

It would be good to see him in the 200th episode. I wonder if Corin's busy in March/April. :)

GateGipsy
February 7th, 2006, 02:05 AM
How set in stone is the 200th episode? Maybe there's still a chance if we all started writing letters now?

Joe Hodkiss
February 7th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I always liked Jonas’ character; I thought he presented a fresh and interesting dynamic within the team that was something different. It was a shame to loose him.

I think after three seasons the character could do with a revisit. If that is, the story is right.

I mean they missed an opportunity to have him reappear in some fashion in ‘Ripple Effect’ but I guess having Fraser and Martouf were enough.

hypergate
February 7th, 2006, 09:16 PM
I am in the proccess of getting my first book published. (Nothing to do with stargate) Anyways I'm writing a 2 part episode in which O'Neill and Jonas return. My script is 20 pages long so far. I plan to send it to the producers along with a script for Atlantis when I polish them up. If anyone's interested I'll post some of the plot here.:ronan:

GateGipsy
February 8th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Hypergate DON'T publish any part of the script ANYWHERE on the web. For legal reasons, as soon as you do that they CAN'T use your work. Full stop.

Also, don't bother sending your script to the producers. It won't get read. They only consider scripts from agents. See if you can get the agent handling your book deal to send it in on your behalf. If you haven't got an agent yet, then go get one. I know it seems like a silly waste of money, especially as you've already got the book deal, but you're in the best position to get an agent. It is far far far easier to get work published and seen by editors, producers etc if you have an agent, but most agent's won't even give you an appointment if you haven't already got a deal or been published!

So go out, get that agent and for goodness sake DO NOT PUBLISH ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET.

With regard to the agent and scripts thing - that is on the authority of Joe Mallozzi, Peter DeLuise, and Michael Greenberg - they've all said that when asked.

However I know a lot of people in the publishing business, and none of them will taken on anything once some of it has been on the internet.

But we'd also have to remove your post from here and put it in the Fan Fiction folder because the only reason that the crew from teh show can come here is because we have a clearly marked Fiction section. For legal reasons they're not allowed to go anywhere where they might see the work of other people. For example, if you put your script here, then an episode appeared that had a similar plotline and you sued, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on as they couldn't prove that they didn't accidently come across your work and read it.

So for that reason the mods move anything like that into the Fan Fiction folder.

jckfan55
February 8th, 2006, 06:47 AM
If Daniel's going to be out for a few episodes in S10, it seems like an ideal time to bring Jonas in for an ep or two. I especially love his friendship with Sam.

hypergate
February 8th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Also, don't bother sending your script to the producers. It won't get read. They only consider scripts from agents. See if you can get the agent handling your book deal to send it in on your behalf. If you haven't got an agent yet, then go get one. I know it seems like a silly waste of money, especially as you've already got the book deal, but you're in the best position to get an agent. It is far far far easier to get work published and seen by editors, producers etc if you have an agent, but most agent's won't even give you an appointment if you haven't already got a deal or been published!

So go out, get that agent and for goodness sake DO NOT PUBLISH ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET.
But we'd also have to remove your post from here and put it in the Fan Fiction folder because the only reason that the crew from teh show can come here is because we have a clearly marked Fiction section. For legal reasons they're not allowed to go anywhere where they might see the work of other people. For example, if you put your script here, then an episode appeared that had a similar plotline and you sued, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on as they couldn't prove that they didn't accidently come across your work and read it.

So for that reason the mods move anything like that into the Fan Fiction folder.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I guess I have to get an agent. Wish me luck.

GateGipsy
February 9th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Luck!

Although if you have a book deal you're already half way there. :)

Pharaoh Atem
February 9th, 2006, 03:01 PM

:jonas:

agreed

LuvsJonasQuinn
February 9th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks for posting the article, Amanda. I hope they find a way to bring him back to the show and the team - he was great!

oragans
February 10th, 2006, 05:58 AM
i think it will be very difficult to bring him back, and i think if they did it will have to do with the ori.

acended phoenix
February 12th, 2006, 11:31 AM
jonas should be brought back, we never did find out what happened to his world and what his love life ends up to be after his girlfreind dies in season seven.

AGateFan
February 12th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Girlfriend? You mean the goa'uld that was playing him?

I wouldnt mind seeing Jonas back. He was a great replacement character with much coolness and respectability.

SylvreWolfe
February 12th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Bring back Jonas as a full time character or recurring?
I don't know if I would want him back full-time...but maybe as a recurring role.

NakedJehutyV2
February 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM
bring him back as recurring

RobJones
February 12th, 2006, 01:36 PM
yeah, i suppose the episode could be about the Ori trying to make his world follow origin. Jonas comes for help, we send our beefy ships, push the red button, we all have a good chat over a cup of coffee, say our goodbyes (again), back on through the gate ready for the next episode :D

HirogenGater
February 12th, 2006, 02:02 PM
jonas should be brought back, we never did find out what happened to his world and what his love life ends up to be after his girlfreind dies in season seven.

It would be interesting to see if Jonas and that woman are together after the goa'uld died.

Jumper One
February 12th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I got it! Jonas can join full time! We'll have a six man SG-1! lol :)

DigiFluid
February 12th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I'd love to see Jonas brought back in a forced-into-villainny role. Working in collusion with the Ori because he feels he hasn't got any choice, as a recurring character preferably. I loved Jonas when he was on the show and I'd love to see his character evolve. Hell, after we were done seeing him as a reluctant Ori sympathizer we could bring him back to SG-1 full time as a broken man.

I'm sure it sounds like I hate Jonas from reading this but I really do love the guy and want him back full time.

Ascended Times.2
February 13th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I'd love to see Jonas brought back in a forced-into-villainny role. Working in collusion with the Ori because he feels he hasn't got any choice, as a recurring character preferably. I loved Jonas when he was on the show and I'd love to see his character evolve. Hell, after we were done seeing him as a reluctant Ori sympathizer we could bring him back to SG-1 full time as a broken man.

I'm sure it sounds like I hate Jonas from reading this but I really do love the guy and want him back full time.
Well said, I like the idea of evil Jonas, hell, that's one of the reasons I liked Ripple effect so much, Evil SG-1, heh, teal'c beat the livin' crap outta Cameron... Anyway, forced into villainy Jonas would be a GREAT way to bring him back, have Jonas as the new top bad-guy.

I know i'd put three thumbs up for that. *Rips thumb off passer-by-er*

Well. I actually thought Ethon would be a good way to kill off Jonas, or even bring him back, but hey, is Corrin doesn't want to come back...What are we to do? :( (This is just speculation, maybe TPTB don't want Jonas back, if not. BOOOO!)

GateGipsy
February 13th, 2006, 12:41 AM
No not evil jonas! I don't like it when they take great characters and make them evil :)

I think he should be brought back as a full time character. I love Ben, and I do like Cameron, but Jonas had way more chemistry with Sam and Tealc, and STACKS more with Daniel, than Cameron does. Of course that's just my opinion :)

prion
February 13th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I got it! Jonas can join full time! We'll have a six man SG-1! lol :)

It's already been stated that budget restrictions mean no more hiring main cast members, so at most, Jonas could be a guest star if there was a valid reason to bring back the character. But be careful what you wish for, as the writers like to kill off characters (alas, poor Janet, we knew her well)....

DigiFluid
February 13th, 2006, 08:44 AM
No not evil jonas! I don't like it when they take great characters and make them evil :)

I think he should be brought back as a full time character. I love Ben, and I do like Cameron, but Jonas had way more chemistry with Sam and Tealc, and STACKS more with Daniel, than Cameron does. Of course that's just my opinion :)

Well that would be the beauty of it, that he wouldn't want to be evil. Just something he had been forced into and was continuing to do against his better judgement. And then in the end we could have him back :D

acended phoenix
February 13th, 2006, 12:17 PM
i was thinking, jonas should get another gould/any other alien species girlfreind. and having jonas become a prior, that would be cool, he could come through the gate, and the episode centers around sg-1 trying to find a way to change him back to normal.

smurf
February 13th, 2006, 12:28 PM
It's already been stated that budget restrictions mean no more hiring main cast members, so at most, Jonas could be a guest star if there was a valid reason to bring back the character. But be careful what you wish for, as the writers like to kill off characters (alas, poor Janet, we knew her well)....
Well they said that before they hired Claudia Black as a main cast member for next season. So unless we're losing someone from the cast, I think that might be a teensy bit flexible.

Not that I think it's going to happen. :cool:

Gatefan1121
February 13th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I really hated his character and loved to see him leave.

Frinky
February 13th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Frankly, it seems to me that the issue of budget is used as an excuse not to bring in/back a character or to get rid of one...which is then neatly shoved under the rug when they hire a new full time character who was only around for a quater of a season...ah well, I guess im just a tad bit annoyed that we have vala coming as a full time character instead of Jonas, who has MUCH more potential for the story than vala ever will have...thats just my opinion right now, of course :P

Brainsforsale
February 13th, 2006, 01:08 PM

But the reason Cams there is because they need a military man. Jack was the old one, Mitchell's is the new one. Jonas would destroy that balance if he came back

The Engineer
February 13th, 2006, 01:47 PM
But the reason Cams there is because they need a military man. Jack was the old one, Mitchell's is the new one. Jonas would destroy that balance if he came back
I don't recall Jonas being a military man. This would be just an excuse for the writers because they are incapable of giving life to two characters a bit similar (Jonas and Daniel), not very imaginative on that part, it's called typecasting (some has to be the library mouse) which is too covenient for them and wrong in my oppinion. Only the writers can loose balance, not the story.

npattis
February 13th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Jonas was indeed a kick ass character :D . I wish someone would kill Vala for the sake of humanity. :mckay:

Lys
February 14th, 2006, 03:58 AM

This is my opinion too. As we're going to have another full time cast member next season, I'd love Jonas to be the fifth one on the team not Vala. I have absolutely nothing against Vala, but I can't see her as part of SG1. So far, the only one she really had chemistry with was Daniel. The writers obviously avoided any contact between Ben and Claudia for obvious Farscape reasons. That's why I'm afraid bringing Vala back will be at the detriment of Cam and not Sam. We know the writers love Vala as JM stated himself. Cam is already suffering because they need someone to have the "this is cool and new" attitude. Had he been written as a member of the team and not as the leader, it would have been fine. Both Sam and Daniel had this role in the early seasons but now, they simply can't do it anymore. They have too much experience. I loved this attitude when Jonas provided it. Why ? Because he was new to the team and because he wasn't meant to be military nor the leader. With Cam written as being the leader of SG1 it doesn't work. If Jonas was back on the team, they would have someone who has alredy a good friendship established with the three original characters and Cam would immensely benefit from it because he would really become what he's supposed to be: a leader. Let's Jonas be the enthusiastic one over gate travel and new worlds. Sadly, I really can't see this happening vith Vala on the team.

FallenAngelII
February 26th, 2006, 06:14 AM
I thought season 6 was a great season. The only reason why so many hated it was because Daniel was gone. And originally, they were gonna put Jonas in Atlantis. So what changed?

No one's ever been able to tell me exactly why Jonas didn't go to Atlantis. OK, so we got "Fallout" which showed him with a cute haircut, but that's nowhere near as good as him going to Atlantis.

(In protest of the repeated threads of "Season 9 sucks", "Bring Jack back" and "It used to be so good". I and any fellow "Anti-those-people-who-start-threads-like-that'ers" shall start the same threads over and over again with a few days/a week or two inbetween)

Peoples_General
February 26th, 2006, 06:18 AM
You want to see in Atlantis? Why? To get "Wraithed"?

FallenAngelII
February 26th, 2006, 06:21 AM
No, to see him again. He was a good character... and cute to boot.

Cherriey
February 26th, 2006, 06:21 AM
No, silly! To be a 'quick study' and help them figure stuff out. =0) He's very observant.
Cuteness belongs to puppies. People have a list a whole lot longer:

Interesting
Intelligent
Tempermental
Attitude

Those are only a few and not all of them apply to Jonas. =0)

FallenAngelII
February 26th, 2006, 06:27 AM
And imagine the new Slash possibilites.

Anyway, yes, Jonas was a great character. And given time, I'm sure he'd outwit, outsmart and out...intelligent Rodney and Sam by a mile.

Cherriey
February 26th, 2006, 06:35 AM
What I really appreciated was his character's personality. It was so different from our two really 'smart' people on the show. Overall he had a positive attitude and for the most part was very calming.

On a side note I thought that his actor's role in that country music video 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses' was hilarious! lol the only I'll watch! =0)

Scaramouche
February 26th, 2006, 06:41 AM
i remember when season 6 first aired, and i was wandering in and out of a few forums. so many people seemed to have a massive objection to Jonas, and i don't know why. i thought the actor did a brilliant job, especially when he was taking the place of a much loved character.
anyhoo, does corin nemic remind anyone else of leo in charmed or is it just me. they both sound similar. :P

FallenAngelII
February 26th, 2006, 06:42 AM
What I really appreciated was his character's personality. It was so different from our two really 'smart' people on the show. Overall he had a positive attitude and for the most part was very calming.

On a side note I thought that his actor's role in that country music video 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses' was hilarious! lol the only I'll watch! =0)

Gimme! or suffer the tickling consquences!

Cherriey
February 26th, 2006, 06:45 AM
*blinks in surprise* I don't have it. Can you actually have a music video? My sister is a country fan and when she was here I watched CMT when I wanted to be with her. That's the only way I've seen it. =0)

I don't mind tickling too much... massages on the other hand... *gives a repulsed shiver* don't even think about it! I hate em!

FallenAngelII
February 26th, 2006, 06:48 AM
No, but some people rip music videos. I thought you had it :P. What song was it? Which group? Maybe I could locate it.

And I think music videos is kinda a grey zone because most can't be bought >_>',

Cherriey
February 26th, 2006, 06:50 AM
I think the guy's name was Toby Keith... maybe. I believe the song was called 'Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses'. The whole downloading video things online I've never gotten the hang of. =0)

Madeleine
February 26th, 2006, 07:39 AM
(In protest of the repeated threads of "Season 9 sucks", "Bring Jack back" and "It used to be so good". I and any fellow "Anti-those-people-who-start-threads-like-that'ers" shall start the same threads over and over again with a few days/a week or two inbetween)

Let me get this straight: in protest at the people who irritate other people by making duplicate threads, you're going to make duplicate threads that you know will annoy the exact same people who get annoyed at the other duplicate threads, but won't necessarily annoy the people you're protesting about.

In protest at the people who make masses of extra work for the moderators in merging, moving and re-titling threads you're going to create extra work for the mods.

I really don't think I can possibly have got that straight. I'm off for a cup of tea and a lie down.

Lida
February 26th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Let me get this straight: in protest at the people who irritate other people by making duplicate threads, you're going to make duplicate threads that you know will annoy the exact same people who get annoyed at the other duplicate threads, but won't necessarily annoy the people you're protesting about.

In protest at the people who make masses of extra work for the moderators in merging, moving and re-titling threads you're going to create extra work for the mods.

I really don't think I can possibly have got that straight. I'm off for a cup of tea and a lie down.

Thanks Madeleine. I thought it was just me and my addled brains.;)

As for Jonas being brought to Atlantis.....I'm for it. Rodney is "science smart", but they need a quick study like Jonas for interpretation of new languages and objects and interaction with new races, etc. He was excellent in season 6 of SG1, and taking over Daniel's role must have been very difficult. I thought he pulled it off quite well. I'm thrilled MS returned, but Corin Nemec would be a plus for SGA. Just my opinion.....:)

Skydiver
February 26th, 2006, 04:55 PM
i would love to see him on atlantis. I think that his calm would be a nice counterpoint to rod's manicness. rod is great and all but sometimes he needs to chill out and slow down. jonas would give him a straightman to play off of

FallenAngelII
February 26th, 2006, 10:18 PM

Hopefully this will annoy the mods as well. Which might bring down their wraith at me but at least they'll realize how stupid it is to have duplicate threads appearing all the time.

greytop
February 27th, 2006, 01:43 AM
I think the guy's name was Toby Keith... maybe. I believe the song was called 'Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses'. The whole downloading video things online I've never gotten the hang of. =0)You got have of the duet right, Cherriey. The other person who sang that song, with Toby Keith, was Willie Nelson.

Skydiver
February 27th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Hopefully this will annoy the mods as well. Which might bring down their wraith at me but at least they'll realize how stupid it is to have duplicate threads appearing all the time.
If all those other duplicate threads are so important to you, then help us out, report them and let us take care of them.

Be a part of the solution, not the problem.

now, back on topic, Jonas and season ten.

Cherriey
February 27th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I'll bet he'll be pulled back into it by reporting an amazing discovery he's been working on back in... whatever the name of his world is. Curse my fluctuating memory!

"You got have of the duet right, Cherriey. The other person who sang that song, with Toby Keith, was Willie Nelson."

Do I have to get everything right? Not all knowledge springs to my mind at once. *pouts*

prion
February 28th, 2006, 08:53 AM

As for Jonas being brought to Atlantis.....I'm for it. Rodney is "science smart", but they need a quick study like Jonas for interpretation of new languages and objects and interaction with new races, etc. He was excellent in season 6 of SG1, and taking over Daniel's role must have been very difficult. I thought he pulled it off quite well. I'm thrilled MS returned, but Corin Nemec would be a plus for SGA. Just my opinion.....:)

Personally, I can't see Jonas adding much more than clutter to the show (and that's not an insult). When Jonas was on SG1, he basically did daniel's role. They've already got a few archeologist types (probably potential redshirts) on SGA, but what it all boils down to is budget. They can bring Jonas on when they give much meatier roles to weir, teyla, ronon and Beckett ;) So, I don't see this happening unless someone wants to write AU fic...

prion
February 28th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I thought season 6 was a great season. The only reason why so many hated it was because Daniel was gone. And originally, they were gonna put Jonas in Atlantis. So what changed?
[/i]

I don't recal anything firm ever being said about Jonas actually being in Atlantis. I think the actor said he'd love to do the show, but never did the producers say that Jonas would be on the Atlantis cast (of course, if someone can point us to a definitive quote...)

prion
February 28th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I am in the proccess of getting my first book published. (Nothing to do with stargate) Anyways I'm writing a 2 part episode in which O'Neill and Jonas return. My script is 20 pages long so far. I plan to send it to the producers along with a script for Atlantis when I polish them up. If anyone's interested I'll post some of the plot here.:ronan:

Alas, studios will not accept unsolicited scripts. You MUST work through an agent and studios usually do NOT want to see a script written of their show, but of other work, but as someone said, post it on the web, it's toast.

Mattathias2.0
February 28th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I'd like to see Jonas return, but not for some time.

I'd like to see it related to the Ori (as in a Prior goes there)... and maybe revisit the satellite from Ethon... a sequel, sort of...

Mattathias

GateGipsy
March 1st, 2006, 06:16 AM
Personally, I can't see Jonas adding much more than clutter to the show (and that's not an insult). When Jonas was on SG1, he basically did daniel's role. They've already got a few archeologist types (probably potential redshirts) on SGA, but what it all boils down to is budget. They can bring Jonas on when they give much meatier roles to weir, teyla, ronon and Beckett ;) So, I don't see this happening unless someone wants to write AU fic...

A good point but he was trying to fill Daniel's shoes and was able to do so because he was a quick study. However, we never really did find out exactly what it was he did on Kelwona, apart from being the liasion. And his role there since he returned means the character must have changed considerably.

LuvsJonasQuinn
March 1st, 2006, 12:52 PM
I loved season 6 with Jonas and I'd love to see him return for season 10. I think he was a great addition to the show. With the Ori out to take over the galaxy, now is a great opportunity to bring him back to the show and the team.

prion
March 1st, 2006, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by prion
Personally, I can't see Jonas adding much more than clutter to the show (and that's not an insult). When Jonas was on SG1, he basically did daniel's role. They've already got a few archeologist types (probably potential redshirts) on SGA, but what it all boils down to is budget. They can bring Jonas on when they give much meatier roles to weir, teyla, ronon and Beckett So, I don't see this happening unless someone wants to write AU fic...

A good point but he was trying to fill Daniel's shoes and was able to do so because he was a quick study. However, we never really did find out exactly what it was he did on Kelwona, apart from being the liasion. And his role there since he returned means the character must have changed considerably.

From what we were presented in seeing him on his homeworld, he was a paperpusher/liaison type, not a soldier nor a scientist. Sort of, well, an office worker, but in a government position... with a very good memory (reminds me of that old show on ABC from the 70s...) He's more active in his homeworld now, so I don't see why he'd leave. Plus, well, the point is moot, as honestly, it all boils down to $$$.

Uber
March 1st, 2006, 03:26 PM
If all those other duplicate threads are so important to you, then help us out, report them and let us take care of them.

Be a part of the solution, not the problem.

now, back on topic, Jonas and season ten.Jonas and Season 10.

Hmm.

I liked Jonas and thought TPTB gave up on him too quickly. His character had potential. He screwed up initially and wanted to make it up to those he wronged. He saw the bigger picture beyond his planet's petty bickering. He was funny without being overstated. He was full of conviction and had a strength that worked well with the others. But like I said...I think they gave up on him too quickly.

As for seeing him again? I think it'd be nice...especially if they can make it relevant to the current story arcs. Show him who he is today, how the past couple years have changed him (be it for the better or the worst). Be fair to the character who was forgotten like yesterday's news and give him some sort of meaty material to better wrap up his story. Maybe have him do something meaningful and self-sacrificial or heroic.

So I guess my answer would have to be I'd like to see him as a recurring character and find out how he is and what he's doing.

PizzaCelebration
March 1st, 2006, 03:47 PM
Jonas and Season 10.

As for seeing him again? I think it'd be nice...especially if they can make it relevant to the current story arcs. Show him who he is today, how the past couple years have changed him (be it for the better or the worst).

I think it would be interesting to have another episode with Jonas in it, but TPTB would probably not bring him back as a recurring character. It would just get too expensive.

Frinky
March 1st, 2006, 04:14 PM
Too expensive!!!!!! They just hired CB full time!!! IF they have the money to add a full time character, surely they could put Jonas/CN in there somewhere!!! I mean, come on!

Amanda Eros
March 1st, 2006, 04:23 PM
Words: Alan Bellamy

Nemec reveals that when Jonas was first introduced into the Stargate SG-1 universe, it had been tentatively intended that the character would then continue into the spin-off Stargate: Atlantis, which was at that time still at the fledging ideas stage. This, explains the actor, informed how he approached the character during Jonas' development throughout season six.

"Initially, I was told the character was going to spin-off onto Stargate: Atlantis. So, that being the case, I was really concerned about creating a character that could be more of a lead on a new show. I was concerned with the hero aspect of the character. I felt it was important to establish something of a 'cowboy' type of willingness to go to any means necessary to complete the mission, in order to establish a hero quality that people could follow in the new show."

Of course, Nemec's choice to have Jonas return to his native planet of Kelowna rather than meeting his end in a more final way at the conclusion of his involvement with SG-1 has left the door open should the inquisitive alien ever want to visit Earth once more. The actor himself would love to return, if only for the opportunity to work with the group housed at Bridge Studios once more.

"I don't know if the character of Jonas will be reintroduced into the next season of Stargate SG-1, but I would certainly love to come back to the show and revisit that character and work environment, that would be a blast. I would be interested in working with those guys on any project that they do, because they are very professional and they run a tight ship. In terms of the work experience overall it was 1000 per cent a great experience."

Taken from the Official SG1 Magazine

Amanda Eros
March 1st, 2006, 04:26 PM
Dreamwatch 110 - The Fifth Man

Words by Ian Spelling

October 2003

DREAMWATCH: What did you make of the way they introduced Quinn on the show and the way in which they worked him into the fabric of the series?

NEMEC: The way they introduced him into the show was quick. It was very quick. That was necessary under the circumstances. The way the character goes out is even quicker! I think it's cool that the original cast is getting to finish it off together, I really do. That's actually a pretty damn cool thing. They spent five years together and why shouldn't they spend the final year or two together.

DREAMWATCH: When you originally signed on, were you of the belief it was a one-year deal or were you thinking you were in it for the long haul?

NEMEC: I was told that my character was going to be spun-off into the next series, into Stargate: Atlantis. That was the initial idea that was offered to me: that my character would go from Stargate to the spin-off and then from there to wherever. That was the initial package that was initially presented. If it happened that way, great. It didn't.

prion
March 2nd, 2006, 08:35 AM
Taken from the Official SG1 Magazine

Nemec reveals that when Jonas was first introduced into the Stargate SG-1 universe, it had been tentatively intended that the character would then continue into the spin-off Stargate: Atlantis, which was at that time still at the fledging ideas stage. This, explains the actor, informed how he approached the character during Jonas' development throughout season six.

"Initially, I was told the character was going to spin-off onto Stargate: Atlantis. So, that being the case, I was really concerned about creating a character that could be more of a lead on a new show. I was concerned with the hero aspect of the character. I felt it was important to establish something of a 'cowboy' type of willingness to go to any means necessary to complete the mission, in order to establish a hero quality that people could follow in the new show."

Too expensive!!!!!! They just hired CB full time!!! IF they have the money to add a full time character, surely they could put Jonas/CN in there somewhere!!! I mean, come on!

First... was Claudia Black hired full time, or does she appear in just every other episode? We won't know for a while.

Second, if what Corin said is correct, he "was told" that his character was "going to spin off". If you don't get that in writing, I'm sorry to say, you're screwed (having seen enough of that stuff in business). I think the biggest clue to the whole scenario is that I have yet to see Corin or anybody else, really (that I know of) say *why* Jonas/Nemec did not move over to Atlantis. At one point, I just read, Ben Browder had been considered for the lead, but was busy with the Farscape Peacekeeper movie (and honestly, I'm glad, as we got Joe Flangian for the lead and BB went to SG1).

Fan response to Daniel leaving probably was probably responsible to some degree to the studio asking Michael Shanks to return to the show, but that wouldn't explain why Nemec wasn't considered for Atlantis (as no article besides that one, to my knowledge, mentions that tidbit). I'd say that whatever reason that Nemec didn't go to Atlantis, had his appearance on SG1 cut by a year (but this is NOT rare, it has happened with other shows, such as War of the Worlds), we fans will probably never know the reason unless someone writes a tell-all book, or gets up on stage at a convention totally blotto and says "Let me tell you what really happened" (but I seriously doubt that will happen as that'll kill a career).

Cherriey
March 3rd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Still it would be nice if his character was worked into the plot in a recurring role somewhat like Brae'tak's. =0)

Armagaiden
July 17th, 2006, 09:53 PM
:jonas: Yeah, it would be nice to see Jonas again, but his problem was that he wasn't on Farscape--if he was he would at least be a general by now on Stargate.:confused:

Hahahahahahaha, CLASSIC!!! Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if they brought over Ka D'argo as a furling emissary over Jonas! STARGATE PRODUCERS ROCK!!!!!! GO FARSCAPE!!! :P

Armagaiden
July 17th, 2006, 09:57 PM

Yep yep yep. They need someone archeological/science smart, not just physics/science smart :)