Sheilds on the Daedalus and Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheilds on the Daedalus and Prometheus

Anyway I have noticed they are different color on both when they absorb damage. Daedalus gives off a blue color while the Prometheus gives off an orange tint. So far I have not seen an episode explain the difference. Anyway chance one is more powerful than the other or did the CG artists just make a mistake?

Originally posted by npattis
    Anyway I have noticed they are different color on both when they absorb damage. Daedalus gives off a blue color while the Prometheus gives off an orange tint. So far I have not seen an episode explain the difference. Anyway chance one is more powerful than the other or did the CG artists just make a mistake?
    i think they change colour depending what hits it and the force behind it and the strain the shield has on it after an impact

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
      i think they change colour depending what hits it and the force behind it and the strain the shield has on it after an impact
      I believe you are incorrect. Energy weapons and on Beachhead where the metallic object on Beachhead clearly did show Prometheus's shields as an orange tint. While energy weapons and the Wraith Dart both showed the Daedalus's color as blue.

Comment

I believe you are incorrect. Energy weapons and on Beachhead where the metallic object on Beachhead clearly did show Prometheus's shields as an orange tint. While energy weapons and the Wraith Dart both showed the Daedalus's color as blue.
        strain on shield, the darts arent exactly equipped with the most powerful weapons

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
          strain on shield, the darts arent exactly equipped with the most powerful weapons
          They were blue as well when the Hive ships were firing on the Daedalus. Honestly I think it is a mistake in the CG. Or have you just not watched all the episodes? Not to be mean, but if you're making crap up, it's a waste of time.
          Last edited by npattis; 20 January 2006, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I always thought that the difference was due to the fact that Prommie's shileds are older and Asgard "designed". Since they resemble Goa'uld shields I thought that maybe the Asgard looked at Goa'uld shileds and developed some super juiced up version of them.

THe Deddy on the other hand has proper Asgard shields, which are always blue. I seriously don't see why they would change colour under different strain. For one thing, when the Promethius was taking fire from Anubis' flagship, the shileds glowed orange, but when the Deadalus was being shot at by the Wraith Hive ships in "the Hive", her shields glowed blue. Now I'm assuming that Anubis' flagship and a Wraith Hive ship don't do such a different amount of damaged soo..... case closed on that theory I think.

Of course the artists could have just *****ed up
            Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
            +
            Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

I dont think it's coz they are diff strengths or a mistake by the cgi artists. It's the same reason the hyperspace window and wormhole are diff in Atlantis, they just want it to look diff.

Comment

the baliskner class ship in "small victories" has orange shields
                the daniel jackson class ships have blue shields

Comment

They were blue as well when the Hive ships were firing on the Daedalus. Honestly I think it is a mistake in the CG. Or have you just not watched all the episodes? Not to be mean, but if you're making crap up, it's a waste of time.
                  i havent seen all of SG-1 eps , but i hav seen all atlantis eps
                  Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
                  I always thought that the difference was due to the fact that Prommie's shileds are older and Asgard "designed". Since they resemble Goa'uld shields I thought that maybe the Asgard looked at Goa'uld shileds and developed some super juiced up version of them.

THe Deddy on the other hand has proper Asgard shields, which are always blue.
                  yes, your idea is better

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven
                    the baliskner class ship in "small victories" has orange shields
                    the daniel jackson class ships have blue shields
                    Aha, that must be the reason. Prometheus is an older design.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Aye makes good sense. That's that mystery solved...Hm.
                      Well, does make me wonder why they don't strip the Prometheus of it's shields give it more up-to-date shields, and use the Prometheus' older design shields and incorprate it into something more fitting.

EG: Mid-ranged attack vessel, or bomber. Or perhaps design shields for the F-302s out of it.
                      For some reason, I reckon the shields would be green if they were Earth desgined...anyway.
                      Edit: And for the love of anything sane, get some energy weapons! *scowls*

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Maybe it could be due to whats impacting it and/or the colour of the projectile or if its energy based etc but i think Asgard shields are generally blue and anything that hits vaporises and gives off heat/light which is orangey, I like the way they've made the shield effects on the daedalus because it seems fairly realistic to what could happen, if you notice when something impacts it seems to turn into a gaseous state and drifts off.

Watch "the siege part 3" where they go out and take on the fleet, pretty cool scene and very well made.

Comment

I agree with those that have said the producers just wanted to make them look different.
                          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I believe the reason is that the Prometheus shields are of an older design, and the Deadalus have newer.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
                              I believe the reason is that the Prometheus shields are of an older design, and the Deadalus have newer.
                              well that dont make sense as the prommie woz upgraded with newer shields

Comment

Working...
                              X