This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cloakable 302's and 3's would be nice

Wonder if SGA could install a cloak on the Daedalus or Prometheius through their shield emitters like they did with Atlantis’s shields in the siege part 3. They're both ships and Mckay and Zalenka made it sound fairly easy so I would also have to assume that they would take advantage of this tech. to its fullest. What’s also got me puzzled is that Earth should already have cloaking tech. at their disposal. Seeing as they are allies with the Jaffa nation, and there were probably a fair number of Goa'uld ships floating out in space after the replicator war (Reckoning). Common sense would tell you to go out and grab what you can as quickly as you can. Free Ha’toks for everyone!!!!

That would be a cool ep. for the Tollan to back in.
    All of the sudden they pop their heads up and have all KINDS of cool stuff. (ships floating in space with no one in them) They are aware of the Ori and give us cloaking Tech for our f-302's.

We then go bigger and Cloak everything.
    Last edited by LORD MONK; 18 January 2006, 02:24 PM.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Well power might be the ploblem. shields require decent amount of power.However cloaks require more power than shields. F302 do not have shields so I imagine power might be a issue. Daedalus and the prometheas(sp) both are underpowered. Daedalus we know without a zpm powering it shield reforcement is not reinforced as well as without it.
      http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

no shields use more power

Comment

your right it would be, nice but alas the will never do it...we have powerfull shields, thats the main feature of the deady, thats its role, to take a beating so they can escape. the PJ's role is to do recon, therefore as plot device a cloak is put in...they could easily do it, but they wont because the plot would just lose the nice dynamic its got going.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Shields use more power, but it's OK because the Tollan just showed us how to cloak
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

ok when did the tolan show us this? tokra, yes, sodan yes, ancients yes...tollan NO! they never did the shows us how to phaseshift!
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                ok when did the tolan show us this? tokra, yes, sodan yes, ancients yes...tollan NO! they never did the shows us how to phaseshift!
                Your right, they didn't. Scroll up and read post #2. It's all made up.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                  no shields use more power
                  extremly minor spoilers for GRACE UNDER PRESSURE (season 2 episode of atlantis
                  Spoiler:
                  in this episode it was clearly stated shields use less power than cloaks. However more stress the sheild is under more power is needed to reinforce it which can exceed
                  http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

Originally posted by jburrows
                    Spoiler:
                    in this episode it was clearly stated shields use less power than cloaks. However more stress the sheild is under more power is needed to reinforce it which can exceed
                    the idea of a shield is that it would come under strain.

Also the way a shield to cloak system works is that you actually have to have a shield in the first place, so to retro-fit a cloak in an F-302 would require, at least, a small-weak shield. If you designed the f-303 with a cloak in mind you wouldn't need the shield to put the cloak in, because PJ dont normally have shields

Comment

Originally posted by jburrows
                      Spoiler:

i'll have to wait till it airs here to say anything further till then, no

Comment

Working...
                      X