PDA

View Full Version : Who Thinks RDA Will Make An Appearance In The Shows 2OOth Episode??

Nasa
January 17th, 2006, 04:29 AM
I hope hes got it in him to appear in the shows 200th episode!

DragonGate
January 17th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I hope he guest stars in the 200th. The show making that many episodes is a significant landmark.

valaCB
January 17th, 2006, 04:36 AM
ME! I really hope so :jack:

shockwave
January 17th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but he won't. RDA is never coming back ever. You'll only be able to see him in stock footage.

Qtyled
January 17th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but he won't. RDA is never coming back ever. You'll only be able to see him in stock footage.
huh?

I never saw anything saying he was never going to come back. He said that he wouldn't be a reguar anymore. Guest staring is a different matter. If he did say he was "never coming back ever", please post a link.

shockwave
January 17th, 2006, 08:20 AM
huh?

I never saw anything saying he was never going to come back. He said that he wouldn't be a reguar anymore. Guest staring is a different matter. If he did say he was "never coming back ever", please post a link.

your right, RDA didn't say it exactly. You kinda have to read between the lines

HirogenGater
January 17th, 2006, 08:37 AM
your right, RDA didn't say it exactly. You kinda have to read between the lines

Then why has he made guest apperances in season nine?
Until I hear RDA say "I'm never going back." I will continue to think he will make guest appearances.

Qtyled
January 17th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I only think he would guest star if he was in the area while they were filming or for a special occasion - like the last episode ever or the 200th episode.

creed462
January 17th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I hope he comes back for the 200TH ep it only fitting

ToasterOnFire
January 17th, 2006, 10:32 AM
It certainly makes sense that RDA should be in the 200th episode, but there's always the possibility that scheduling conflicts or other circumstances keep it from happening.

I for one would like to see him in that episode. :)

Elite Anubis Guard
January 17th, 2006, 11:44 AM
I'm sure he'll able to have a small appearance in this episode.

Amanda Eros
January 17th, 2006, 12:14 PM
If he does make an appearance it will be one of those green screen ones, where you are made to believe that he's there with the rest of the cast. Though it won't feel like he's there just like in Origion.

timdalton007
January 17th, 2006, 12:45 PM
He should appear but chances are he probably won't appear. I think it's safe to say RDA is...well...probably never coming back to SG1.

timdalton007

Peoples_General
January 17th, 2006, 01:07 PM
RDA should be in that episode just so he can show a reaction as to what the Furlings look like! :D

STARGATE7777
January 17th, 2006, 01:22 PM
I took this from a site called "the Geat Link" This is a quote from RDA concerning future appearances in Stargate.

"I’ve done a couple of scenes for Stargate to help launch the ninth season and help make it clear that O’Neill is still alive and that we may see him again somewhere down the line. May see him... May... May not... But may... But may not."

I guess we can only hope.

NakedJehutyV2
January 17th, 2006, 01:40 PM
i wouldn't care. if he does cool if not, meh

AGateFan
January 17th, 2006, 02:42 PM
"Who Thinks RDA Will Make An Appearance In The Shows 2OOth Episode??"

Do I think he will? No.
Would I like him too? Of course.

I agree with Shockwave, I dont think we will ever see him again, even for a "guest spot". I think the only time we could see him again is if they take some old footage and add it in for a clip show or something.

Magneto
January 17th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Im not too bothered but i would like to see him if he's in a happy to be there mood, i really don't want to see him if he can't be bothered to be there.

If they ask him and he says no then thats pretty poor, i don't think it takes much to get on a plane and do one last important episode for the best tv show around, he should be honoured if they ask.

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If only to finally marry Sam. But he has to be in there!

ses110
January 17th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I think he will be back for the 200th.The answer he gave made it sound like he will be back.RDA answered in a Joking manner like Jack would.It did not sound like a person that has no interest in appearing again.I would Love to see a 2 or 3 episode arc for RDA but that may be pushing it.I'll take whatever Time RDA has to give.

Cassie
January 17th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If only to finally marry Sam. But he has to be in there!
What they couldn't get married over the phone? <jk> If they do that well be a perfect ep.
I really hope he comes back and I hope TPTB are Asking him to come back for 200th ep!

jenks
January 17th, 2006, 07:12 PM
If his acting is going to be like it was last time he made a guest appearence I'de rather he didn't come back, he just didn't seem himself...

BigGator5
January 17th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I would like for him to make an appearance, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I know TPTB can't make RDA come to the set.

KillerMercury
January 17th, 2006, 08:03 PM
*crosses fingers*

I hope he does!

the fifth man
January 17th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I think it would be great if RDA and tptb could reach an agreement for such a thing. I would love to see O'Neill again, and what better time than the 200th episode? However, I won't be crushed if he isn't in it.

LORD MONK
January 17th, 2006, 10:25 PM
If he is writen in then I am sure he will be their. After all it's the 200th. ep. that he and the rest of SG-1 and Hammond and Chevron Guy has to be in. They made it this far. Theirs others but their dead or hard to write them in. (like Maybourne)

DigiFluid
January 17th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Oh damn I hope so. I just don't think it would be right to not have him in it.

Dromag67
January 17th, 2006, 11:15 PM
I'm sure RDA would like too and so would I but if he can't find time it wouldn't suprise me for him not to be there.

mindfire
January 18th, 2006, 05:16 AM
I took this from a site called "the Geat Link" This is a quote from RDA concerning future appearances in Stargate.

"I’ve done a couple of scenes for Stargate to help launch the ninth season and help make it clear that O’Neill is still alive and that we may see him again somewhere down the line. May see him... May... May not... But may... But may not."

I guess we can only hope.

Yeah this shows that he hasn't made up his mind if he would want to return for a guest appearance or not, And I would love to see him in the 200th episode. But if he doesn't I wouldn't be shocked.

Pharaoh Atem
January 18th, 2006, 06:30 AM
there might ask him to appear even if it is for a few minutes it would be nice considerng he was a such a big part of the show.

just have him drop in and say hi

Albion
January 18th, 2006, 07:41 AM
i would like to see him if he's in a happy to be there mood, i really don't want to see him if he can't be bothered to be there.

I'd agree with this. The Origin scene was a joke. I'd been so looking forward to seeing him in that episode and then I cringed all the way through it was so tackily done.

If they ask him and he says no then thats pretty poor, i don't think it takes much to get on a plane and do one last important episode for the best tv show around, he should be honoured if they ask.

This, on the other hand, makes it sound as though he's obliged to agree to appear in a guest spot. As though he owes the show and/or the fans something. Why would it be pretty poor? The man is entitled to retire when he wants to, just like the rest of us. And if he wants to draw a line under his acting years that's his choice. Would you like it if someone you'd never met told you you couldn't give up work because they didn't want you to? It's no one's business but RDA's and he's certainly under no obligation to take on acting work if he doesn't want to.

Albion :)

GateMan2000
January 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I highly doubt he does.

Eoin
January 18th, 2006, 09:22 AM
*prays to every god :P* Please oh lord, the mighty one...please grant us fans the privelige of seeing RDA in the 200th ep :D

It would be soooo great if he did geust in the 200th ep or even (dont shoot me) decided to return as a regular on the 200th ep :D

Magneto
January 18th, 2006, 10:37 AM
This, on the other hand, makes it sound as though he's obliged to agree to appear in a guest spot. As though he owes the show and/or the fans something. Why would it be pretty poor? The man is entitled to retire when he wants to, just like the rest of us. And if he wants to draw a line under his acting years that's his choice. Would you like it if someone you'd never met told you you couldn't give up work because they didn't want you to? It's no one's business but RDA's and he's certainly under no obligation to take on acting work if he doesn't want to.

What i said doesn't go against that at all though, its a matter of opinion and in general can be classed as pretty poor, its would be pretty poor but that doesn't mean anything necessarily bad and he should be honoured to do it if they ask but again that doesn't mean he has to.

donniepw
January 18th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I for one would like to see RDA make an appearance and hopefully a real appearance not just some short 30 second scene but actaully be involved in the episode. Will it happen though? As RDA said himself, it may happen.. it may not, but then again it may, but it may not... In other words don't count on it but don't rule it out either.

lionel_pendergast_rocks
January 18th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I dont know why he wouldnt make an appearance.... it would certainly disappoint a lot of people if he didnt. And he's always had a thing for the furlings... so if they're going to appear in that episode.....

Magneto
January 18th, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dont know why he wouldnt make an appearance.... it would certainly disappoint a lot of people if he didnt. And he's always had a thing for the furlings... so if they're going to appear in that episode.....

Lmao what do you mean he's had a thing for furlings?

Dutch_Razor
January 18th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Even if RDA himself doesn't want to come, they could at least make an exception and CGI his face over a voice actor, I mean, the budget for the 200th episode must be bigger than those of the other episodes right?

LORD MONK
January 18th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah this shows that he hasn't made up his mind if he would want to return for a guest appearance or not, And I would love to see him in the 200th episode. But if he doesn't I wouldn't be shocked.
If he is invited he will be their. It's the 200th. ep. I don't see him not wanting to be their. After all he would have lots of time to plan time for something he started. I think he would do it.

plaw15
January 18th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Me!!!!

mindfire
January 19th, 2006, 06:15 PM
If he is invited he will be their. It's the 200th. ep. I don't see him not wanting to be their. After all he would have lots of time to plan time for something he started. I think he would do it.

I agree with you on this, and thinking more about his quote I think he wanted to let fans know that he may not be back for any other episodes in season 9 and that O'neill was still alive and may return but was unsure of when.

the fifth man
January 19th, 2006, 06:24 PM
It would be nice to see RDA interact with the "new" SG-1 for an entire ep. All we can do is hope and pray.

sphinxy
January 21st, 2006, 01:34 AM
ok as far as i remember richard anderson at this time is still raising his daughter... remember she is i think 7 or 8 years now... he wanted to be their for his child... and if you still look at credits he is still working with the show... remember micheal shanks said he had had enough of the show but look he came back i bet at some point (if the show lasts long enough) will come back cause he will miss the show and his other family (cast members)...

i cant believe that the show went on for 10 years... go show im still watching and will to the very end...

WarrenEvans
January 21st, 2006, 02:45 AM
when is the 200th episode?

lionel_pendergast_rocks
January 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM
Lmao what do you mean he's had a thing for furlings?

Uh, thats not what I mean...

Btw, 200th is early in season ten... 10.06 i do believe.

Skydiver
January 21st, 2006, 08:43 PM
i would love nothing better, but i won't believe it until i see it

:jack_new_anime07:

Lexa Jayde
January 21st, 2006, 09:04 PM
i would love nothing better, but i won't believe it until i see it

me either... but i would absoluitely love to see Rick back for an ep!!!!!

glitzgal
January 21st, 2006, 09:07 PM
I would be beyond thrilled if he was on again!

keshou
January 21st, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'd LOVE to see RDA back for the 200th episode. I *really* miss Jack - more than I thought I would - and the scenes at the beginning of S9 weren't very satisfying.

But as much as I would love it I certainly understand if RDA doesn't appear. He's moved on to a different stage of his life.

Still....I've got my fingers crossed. And if he shows up I hope it's more than just a cameo and that he gets to interact with everyone. Jack meeting Vala would be worth the price of admission. :jack_new_anime05:

Vicious
January 21st, 2006, 11:16 PM
It will happen.

Lord Willow
January 22nd, 2006, 03:16 PM
this is a must, he will definetly make a guest appearence...i hope..

HirogenGater
January 22nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
It will happen.

I think he'll be there.

Oranos
January 22nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
I am quite sure he will make an appearance.

sparkie
January 24th, 2006, 03:50 PM
He has to, I would feel utterly robbed if he did not! :jack:

creed462
January 24th, 2006, 07:29 PM
200th ep is such a BIG milestone, It is only fitting that he returns.

LORD MONK
January 24th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I still think we will if is he is in it.

ToasterOnFire
January 25th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Joe noted in his last blog (putting it in spoiler tags to be extra safe) "We started to break the 200th episode today and discussed the possibility of a special guest star. Fingers crossed."

Of course, that could mean lots of different things. Still hoping for RDA! :)

KillerMercury
January 25th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Okay, how about this: the 200th episode features O'Neill's last mission and retirement! YAY! Wait, too much? Fine...I'll think of something else...

Lord Jago
January 26th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Ive seen the future, RDA will be in the 200th Episode. He will also appear in the Feature movie they will make after Stargate SG1 finishes.

And i predict that before he retires he will make an appearence on Atlantis.

The next person to leave the SG1 cast after season 10 will be Christopher Judge.

Nuff said.

scjon
January 26th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Nothing is guaranteed and RDA's first priority has to be Wylie (his daughter). but it would be great if he does.

I think he'll get the message that the fans would like to see him back for at least a cameo in season 10, from the sheer volume of references to this in the birthday messages that fans have been posting on his site http://www.rdanderson.com assuming he gets a chance to read them.

ann_sgcfan
January 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I hope he gets an invitation to come back for the 200th episode and RDA's busy schedule will allow him to be there.

RDA in the 200th episode would be wonderful!
:jack_new_anime25: :jack_new_anime06: :jack_new_anime18: :jack_new_anime04:

The Engineer
January 29th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Me too.

Seastallion
January 29th, 2006, 07:44 AM
I think there is a reasonably good chance that RDA will be there. I definitely hope so..! :) RDA has been the star of two of my favorite TV shows. When I was a kid, I absolutely loved Macguyver and as an Adult I'm pro-Stargate all the way. :D

:jack_new_anime25:

:jack_new_anime06:

:jack_new_anime04:

SaberBlade
January 29th, 2006, 09:28 AM
i would like him to come back but i wouldn't want the episode to revolve around him.

having him in the 100th and aiming at him may be good for the fans, but the show needs to move on and bringing back Jack and having him in the episode may be fun but i don't think he should come back just because it is episode 100.

if Jack is going to come back for an episode then i'd want it to be an episode written specifically for Jack (and Maybourne and off course Thor) and not an important episode like 100 just because he is no longer in the show. 100 episodes is impressive but if he does show up then don't make him the focus of the show.

skeezix
January 31st, 2006, 12:41 PM
I would absolutely love to see Jack back in action in episode 200. Maybe let Mitchell get captured and have Jack lead the team to go get him back or something. Jack could comment on how he should be more careful next time and how he had to take time of fishing for this. Eventually I hope that RDA will be in the last season or a concluding movie full time. Hopefully by the time either of those rolls around his daughter will be a bit older and he can afford to come back. Of course until then he has made his priorities clear, and I fully support his decision. But SG just isn't the same without RDA, at least for me. I would think that after investing so much time in the show, and more importantly, enjoying that time, he would want to be part of a milestone like the 200th episode and around for things like the finale and whatnot.

FallenAngelII
January 31st, 2006, 12:44 PM
One of the writers (I think Joe) wrote in his blog that they had just recently begun working on the 200th episode and that they're aiming for a special guest star (meaning they've either been on the show before or will be on the show afterwards or are considered a biiiiiig thing).

Starfalcon
February 1st, 2006, 12:58 AM
I would absolutely love to see Jack back in action in episode 200. Maybe let Mitchell get captured and have Jack lead the team to go get him back or something. Jack could comment on how he should be more careful next time and how he had to take time of fishing for this. Eventually I hope that RDA will be in the last season or a concluding movie full time. Hopefully by the time either of those rolls around his daughter will be a bit older and he can afford to come back. Of course until then he has made his priorities clear, and I fully support his decision. But SG just isn't the same without RDA, at least for me. I would think that after investing so much time in the show, and more importantly, enjoying that time, he would want to be part of a milestone like the 200th episode and around for things like the finale and whatnot.

I hope we see Jack again and I think your idea for episode 200 is great.

leaper
February 1st, 2006, 02:23 AM
I don't. Only because he doesn't need to...

saxamoophone
February 4th, 2006, 08:43 AM
One of the writers (I think Joe) wrote in his blog that they had just recently begun working on the 200th episode and that they're aiming for a special guest star (meaning they've either been on the show before or will be on the show afterwards or are considered a biiiiiig thing).

Yeah, RDA is the only person I could think of that would be qualify as a "Special Guest Star". Sure they could bring back Jonas or Hammond (which of course would be awesome too), but.....I'm thinking it'll be Jack.

If he does come back though, I hope he's actually IN the episode longer then 5 seconds :(

Pain in the mikta
February 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM
he should be honoured if they ask.

<blink>
He should be honoured if they ask???!!!

C'mon!
The guy's been the star of that series for 8 years, one of its executive producers, and the reason why that series got on the air in the first place!!!

I think that *they* should be honoured if he said yes!

Pain in the mikta
February 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Would you like it if someone you'd never met told you you couldn't give up work because they didn't want you to? It's no one's business but RDA's and he's certainly under no obligation to take on acting work if he doesn't want to. Albion :)

No, I wouldn't like that, not the way you mention it.

But I'd sure like to know that people are missing me, have appreciated the work I did and would be happy to see me back on special occasions!

Commander Jumper
February 5th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I'd love to see Richard in the 200th episode. but like some on said not as the center of attention but longer than a joy ride in a glider or a breif chat with a friend. it would also be cool that when and if they make a movie he be in it. but I don't want to get my hopes up. but their is a little part of me saying he'll be there.

Metonic
February 5th, 2006, 07:56 PM
i can see it now

Thor: Greetings O'Niell its been a long time.
O'Niell: Yes it has
Thor: I'd like you to meet a friend of the Asgard from the old Alliance Days
O'Neill... is it a Furling???
Thor:By God how did you know
O'Neill: I feel like Its about time, its like introducing Bart after the 200th Episode of the Simpsons.
Thor: Alright. Here he is Commander Dargo.
Mitchell : you look fimiliar.
Oniell: WTF IS THAT THING.

Pharaoh Atem
February 6th, 2006, 05:15 AM
raises hand i don't see the probelm of why he wouldn't he would only have to be away from his family for a week or less i would assume

Swiss
February 8th, 2006, 08:07 AM
I would very much like to see RDA in the 200th episode. And very cool would be if there will be Furlings and of course Thor!
Oh and he could marry Sam. That would be the best day of my life! :jack::sam:

Hm, a little bit unrealistic?

LaCroix
February 8th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Would I love to see Jack again. Yes.

Do I feel that RDA will repirse his role a Jack, that's up to him. He has his daughter to think of now, and owes it to be with her. RDA has given a lot of himself on G.H., Mac, and SG-1, I thank him for that.

I'll always have the Mac and SG-1 dvd's, but does anyone know if ABC has the Weber years on dvd?

Unamed
February 8th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Could you post a link to this??

Lord Zedd
February 8th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I would like you guys said see Jack again. I think there is in here a big concensus. All the stargate fans love Jack and they miss him incredible much !