PDA

View Full Version : Aschen?

jazz!
January 16th, 2006, 03:47 PM
-> There's a thread in s9 folder, talking about how no one else in our Galaxy is worried about the Ori apart from Earth.....

-> ....And *I think* we were told/assumed, the Aschen were going to come up again later 'down the road'

- so what about having them turn from an enemy into a friend would be great..... 'the enemy of my enemy.......'

I'm not the biggest fan of this race of Accountants but I do see a possible excellent story and a new allie with the Aschen and the Ori.

RoMUS
January 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM
-> There's a thread in s9 folder, talking about how no one else in our Galaxy is worried about the Ori apart from Earth.....

-> ....And *I think* we were told/assumed, the Aschen were going to come up again later 'down the road'

- so what about having them turn from an enemy into a friend would be great..... 'the enemy of my enemy.......'

I'm not the biggest fan of this race of Accountants but I do see a possible excellent story and a new allie with the Aschen and the Ori.
The ashen might help them with the biological weapon to wipe out the priors

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 16th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Wouldnt the Prior be able to alter any bio-weapon with his mind? if its slow acting then the prior could cure himself and turn it against someone else.

Originally the Aschen were planned to come in season 9 but it was removed i think. Currently in the 'Ask Joe' thread i dont think they want to revisit the Aschen yet.

BigGator5
January 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Maybe the Aschen are the new S10 enemies... Who knows?

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 16th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Possible. Problem being though that when asked about a new enemy, Joe said yes and yes. Now the definition of a 'new enemy' can be very open. It could be a single foe, it could be an old race, it could be a current minor race elevated to bad guyhood or something completely new.

NakedJehutyV2
January 16th, 2006, 04:42 PM
no the new enemy will be from pegasus aschen were taken from earth by the goauld.

NKD
January 16th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Please no...

The Aschen are so extremely boring.

MasySyma
January 16th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I would love to see another encounter with the Aschen, but then, my favorite episode is 2010.

the fifth man
January 16th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I would love to see another encounter with the Aschen, but then, my favorite episode is 2010.

I'll second that post. I would love to see the Aschen again. I think they had the potential to be pretty cool bad guys.

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 17th, 2006, 09:26 AM
no the new enemy will be from pegasus aschen were taken from earth by the goauld.

Dont think they said anything about the new season 10 bad guys being from pegasus. They just said there would be a new enemy connected to the Ori.

The Signal
January 17th, 2006, 09:37 AM
No, the enemy will be from the Milky Way, there are two new enemies, one for each series next year. There has been an episode idea for the Ashen floating around for some time, since S7 apparently, it just keeps getting pushed back. They were boring, but why not do something with them, just keep it to 1 episode though

creed462
January 17th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I like to see them again but not as a full time enemy nor could they be trusted as allies

Peoples_General
January 17th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Assuming they weren't sucked into a Blackhole, its probable that we might encounter them again.

NakedJehutyV2
January 17th, 2006, 07:01 PM
heh two new baddies?? that sucks

Lord You
January 17th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Assuming they weren't sucked into a Blackhole, its probable that we might encounter them again.
Vala was sucked into a blackhole, and we will see her again!

LORD MONK
January 17th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I liked the idea of the Aschen gathering up there fleet and attacking Earth for what e did to their Homeworld with the hole black hole and thing.
Vala was sucked through a Wormhole.

The Aschen would be a good new enemy, but I want to kick their butts first. Whoever it is, their in bed with the Ori. (all snuglin & s_it)

plaw15
January 18th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I'll second that post. I would love to see the Aschen again. I think they had the potential to be pretty cool bad guys.
I'll third that post!! I think it would be cool if the helped us defeat the orii.

LORD MONK
January 18th, 2006, 08:32 PM
More like realy good human bad guys. SG-1 don't have one. And the LA are nothing compared to the Aschen.

NakedJehutyV2
January 19th, 2006, 12:12 AM
hmm only one ep and briefly shown ya'll don't know what they can do. most likely get got some replicator modded ships

Darkstar
January 19th, 2006, 04:44 AM
If i had a pound GBS for every time this was mentioned i'd never need to work again, but it never really gets old so i will add my two pennies worth to this thread as i have done so many times on various Aschen related threads.

If i look at the possibility of the Aschen returning to harass the ass of the Tauri i think logically about it, i know its only a televison show but i think about it as followed:

if i had tried to make a false friendhship with a potential gateworld and it turned ugly with them giving me the coordinates to a black hole and i oppend the pandoras box so to speak i would be pretty pissed off to say the least, i have the technology to locate this planet ( the planet being earth, and if sam can do this on earth then they would be able to) i would be itching to go there in ships or attack them, and take their planet, i would do this covertly and keep a low profile after weeks or as long as it takes to scope out my eney after the last time we met in ships then, because i posses the ability to convert a gas giant into a sun so i have the ability to destroy one, i would use star of this solar system to strong arm or threaten these people with certain death if they do not surrender safe in the knowledge that these humans cannot stop it and would die off after many years which i have no problem with waiting then use their gas giant jupiter to create a sun and farm the planet and convert the other planets to farm.
then i am done with it and move on, my job is done.

thats a real idea based on what we have witnnessed of the Aschen, and is something they would do, what do you think???

Mattathias2.0
January 19th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Yes, that about covers it.

How true, PoTO, that 'new enemy' is such an open term.

I've got mixed feelings regarding this new enemy, although I am curious to find out more about the Ori.

As far as Atlantis goes... I have been waiting for the Genii to become our regular enemy for some time now.

I personally would like to see the Aschen again... but in small amounts.

Mattathias

LORD MONK
January 19th, 2006, 05:57 PM
The new enemy don't want none. Just like the new enemy. Well, OK they want some.

the fifth man
January 19th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Must see Aschen again!! I just feel there could have been so much more to our conflict with them.

LORD MONK
January 19th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Must see Aschen again!! I just feel there could have been so much more to our conflict with them.
Yes, and we shall

NakedJehutyV2
January 20th, 2006, 12:27 AM
unless they somehow got out of the black hole mess (if they dialed it first)we won't see them

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 20th, 2006, 03:51 AM
Even if they did dial the planet, it was said that the Aschen were a Confederation of worlds so they would have had other worlds. So if they did dial the blackhole planet they could still survive but have lost ALOT IMO.

dmayor09
January 20th, 2006, 08:44 PM
the aschen were a confederation of worlds...but i wouldn't doubt that it was more of a lie, and those "worlds" they speak of are the same as that farming one were sg1 met them. which leads to the possibility that they dialed the black hole from that world, or took the info back to their homeworld and dialed it from there.

NakedJehutyV2
January 20th, 2006, 09:00 PM
good point forgot bout that

Peoples_General
January 21st, 2006, 02:17 PM
But we've never seen an Aschen starship, and no the Harvester doesn't count. Its possible that our fleet of BC-303s can be a threat against them. :P

NakedJehutyV2
January 21st, 2006, 03:46 PM
3 is hardly a fleet.

plus just cuz they don't show aschen war ships doesn't mean they don't have them

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 21st, 2006, 07:25 PM
If the Aschen formed a confederation of worlds then its likely they built large motherships which moved at sublight speed (or faster) with the crew being in suspended animation during most of the journey. Speculation here.

Peoples_General
January 22nd, 2006, 01:15 AM
Great... a large ship with a sleeping crew, that makes for good target practice! Wait, that means the Daedalous-class ships can finally put those missiles to good use! LOL!

BTW, if the Aschen were space based, why did the Harvester send the grain back through the StarGate, isntead of sending it to a cargo starship? I believe that they're into using the StarGate for travel between worlds than using starships.

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 22nd, 2006, 07:08 AM
Great... a large ship with a sleeping crew, that makes for good target practice! Wait, that means the Daedalous-class ships can finally put those missiles to good use! LOL!

BTW, if the Aschen were space based, why did the Harvester send the grain back through the StarGate, isntead of sending it to a cargo starship? I believe that they're into using the StarGate for travel between worlds than using starships.

Daedalous uses rail guns which arnt really shield penetrating weapons so its possible that a large mothership would survive even if it was caught by surprise.

The Aschen suffered something similar to what Earth faced when it first used the stargate. In the beginning they only had abydos as a location until they found Ra's cartouche which gave a list of stargate coordinates. The Aschen only had a single stargate location between its homeworld and that planet Volia (?). So it would be more efficient to use an instant transportation device that is the stargate rather then slow motherships.

Darkstar
January 22nd, 2006, 12:08 PM
Daedalous uses rail guns which arnt really shield penetrating weapons so its possible that a large mothership would survive even if it was caught by surprise.

The Aschen suffered something similar to what Earth faced when it first used the stargate. In the beginning they only had abydos as a location until they found Ra's cartouche which gave a list of stargate coordinates. The Aschen only had a single stargate location between its homeworld and that planet Volia (?). So it would be more efficient to use an instant transportation device that is the stargate rather then slow motherships.

Actually in the episode in discussion being "2001" the aschen arrived at the planet vollia by ships, the population rejoiced when the aschen arrived to cure the epidemic that had ravaged the planet, what one could speculate is that the aschen being very patient at playing the waiting game infected the planet with thoutbreak and then came back to help them, win over their trust just as they did to earth in "2010" and then kill off the population to farm the planet, we know the aschen have ships and that the vollia gate was found soon after the aschen arrived, the aschen used the gate to transport the equipment and food back and from their planet.

it seems that because of the episode "2010" the aschen are seen as evil, when infac the farmer to whose name i cannot rememeber was taken in by an ashen family and was treated as normal, this is a rather cntadictory event that goes to show that although the aschen killed off the population they only did this to keep them down and take the planet not to exterminate them all off the planet.

my point is it was mentioned the aschen have ships, the planet vollia was said to be the clossest planet by gate to the aschen homeworld, so the aschen not knowing about the gate would have scoured the stars to find planets and by mere coincidence found a planet that had a gate, now such a feat of finding these worlds would indicate that the aschen are fairly adept at space flight even though (and perhaps for VFX budget reasons back then) the aschen ships were never seen as the episodes revoloved around planets and both times gates.

creed462
January 26th, 2006, 12:14 PM
I'm sure they'll raise their heads again soon.

adk06
January 26th, 2006, 12:22 PM
have we all forgotten that the SGC dialed into a black whole (A matter of time) and we were able to disingage the wormhole Now in "2010" Carter say that the Aschen are hundred's of years more advanced, I think they would be able to disingage the wormhole. Though there space flight capability is severely limited, there primary weapons are biological, as we see in 2001 when they try to drop a biological weapon through the gate and the iris blocks it
I'm sure they were definetly pretty pissed, but no retaliation?? because they don't have the capability to reach us by ship

creed462
January 26th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Ture, but lets hope we won't run into them in one of our ships.

adk06
January 26th, 2006, 04:05 PM
even if we do run into them which I would like to see happen, and we get our ass's kicked (meaning like promethesus gets blown to bits) the Aschen can't mess with earth without the Asguard stopping them

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 26th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah but we have seen dozens of attacks against earth without the asgard coming so its possible that an attack would happen and the asgard wouldnt be able to come.

adk06
January 26th, 2006, 05:53 PM
yea but that was when the Asguard were busy with the replicators, now they're rebuilding there empire and aren't all tied up, which explains why they could come to our aid in "ripple effect" lending us that energy weapon

Darkstar
January 27th, 2006, 07:34 AM
actually the aschen may have excelled in space technology since they hadn't discovered the gate, they arrived at the voilan homeworld in ships and found the gate, if anything he aschen may be just as advanced as the Goa'uld, the address to the blackhole may never have been a gate mission where the aschen arrived by gate, they could of used the gate address to find the coordinates and went there by ship, their planet remained safe and they posses the address to earth so you do the math.........

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 27th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Even if their homeworld was destroyed I doubt that would have stopped them much. They are a Confederation of worlds and while the loss of a homeworld is damaging most adaptable nations would relocate and start again.