This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of creative titles for season 10 of SG-1

For some reason, a lot fo the episode titles that have been released have seemed very bland upon first glance. Now, I think some of them sound cool (like memento mori)...but I can't help to wonder the blandness of some of the episodes (quest, insider)...anybody else feel these are kinda bland episode titles compared to other really creative ones (chimera, death knell, orpheus)?

Most of those are probably working titles Something that they use while hammering out the script. They'll come up with the proper titles later.

Comment

You have to keep in mind that most of these are probably working titles and could change at any time.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        You have to keep in mind that most of these are probably working titles and could change at any time.
        That is true. "Quest" will probably be changed. "Insider" sounds just fine to me. I mean, that's no less creative a title than "Secrets" or "Family".

Over on Atlantis, I hope that "Delicious Fat Guy" makes the cut next season.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
          Over on Atlantis, I hope that "Delicious Fat Guy" makes the cut next season.
          That and "McKay's Sister" would be funny episode titles.

Really and truely, I think it's kind of silly complaining about episode titles. I think you guys are now reaching for something to complain about.

Comment

Actually I like the title Quest, hopefully sets the tone for a cool Arthurian Mythology delve.

Comment

Nothing is certain at this point, episode titles will be changing up until filming wraps late this year, dont forget that "Ripple Effect" was "Convergance" until just before it was filmed if memory serves.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

And Collateral Damage was Remembrance of Things Past. Doesn't quite roll of the tongue as well.

You know, I wish that they would call "Insider" "Great Baals of Fire!" That would be the best episode title ever.

Comment

lol, gotta say "Delicious Fat Guy" and "Great Baals of fire" beat the hell out of any episode title I know of
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                    lol, gotta say "Delicious Fat Guy" and "Great Baals of fire" beat the hell out of any episode title I know of

pure ownage

Comment

My favorite episode title ever was from Farscape. It was a three parter, but Farscape gives its epics individual names between episodes, but with an overall epic name. Long story short, the episode's title was, "We're So Screwed- La Bomba".
                      Farscape had great titles for alot of their eps though, "Back and Back and Back to the Future" and "A Clockwork Nebari".

I like Memento Mori for next season's titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                        My favorite episode title ever was from Farscape. It was a three parter, but Farscape gives its epics individual names between episodes, but with an overall epic name. Long story short, the episode's title was, "We're So Screwed- La Bomba".
                        Farscape had great titles for alot of their eps though, "Back and Back and Back to the Future" and "A Clockwork Nebari".

I like Memento Mori for next season's titles.
                        hahahaha i love that
                        i got to start watching that show
                        only seen 3 esp and the peace keeper wars thing....
                        Today I was called a beautiful mystery and the explanation was:

How can something be hot and cool at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by lsd
                          hahahaha i love that
                          i got to start watching that show
                          only seen 3 esp and the peace keeper wars thing....
                          Definitely watch it. If you liked the Peacekeeper Wars at all, you should really enjoy the show.

On topic though, I agree that these titles are probably just working titles. Tptb like to make little changes on the fly, so I'm sure some of the drab ones will be rethought at some point.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The Quest maybe it would be better suited for a real quest like the quest for immortality wich is a constant in SG-1 like gods and stargates.

Memento Mori is a catchy title, in fact all latin titles (mottos) work very good. Or maybe its Memento M-Ori like another latin expression Deus Ex Machina (God from the machine) which in SG-1 became Ex Deus Machina (maybe Former God caught in Earth's machinations) - I see another Farscape influence (more in the line of Bone To Be Wild).

Morpheus makes me think of Sandman, not Matrix, hmmm intristing: dreams. Dreams of what? Stargate. Hope not in the line of Citizen Joe.

Uninvited? How about Gate Crashers - double meaning words are also met in Farscape titles (has anyone seen Nerve?).

Insider - I have no feelings towards this title, yet. Maybe its what it says, like Flesh and Blood(slaughter house, carnage, defeat.... anyone?).

Good titles enrich a show, they give the show some unique flavour, especially when no one used them before or they were used in very few occasions. I don't try to nitpick I like the episodes as long as they are good, and so far TPTB has proven themselves to choose the right ones (Children of the Gods, But For the Grace of God, Message in a Bottle, Fair Game, The Devil You Know, Divide and Conquer, 2010, Smoke and Mirrors, Memento, Full Circle, It's Good to be King, The Fourth Horseman, Ripple Effect...) - long list isn't it? I skipped some.

BTW I tried to keep myself as much as possible from being spoiled, so some assumptions of mine may be off, way off, maybe.
                            Last edited by The Engineer; 20 January 2006, 03:30 AM.
                            School is overrated.

Comment

What about "10 Little... Furlings" for the 200th episode?
                              School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X