<>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>

I was just thinking today and I came up with this wild image in my head and I was wondering what everyone thought. I'll set the whole scene for you

In orbit of a Goa'uld's main planet, there is one Ha'tak fighting 3 other Ha'tak. We find that it is one of the last remaining Goa'uld, defending his planet, being attacked by 3 Free Jaffa Nation motherships.

After a few minutes of fighting the Goa'uld knows he is going to lose his Ha'tak we see him load himself and his personal guards into a cargo ship and head straight for the planet's stargate. On the way, the goa'uld uses a handheld "tele-ball" (long range visual communication device) to order the Jaffa guarding the gate to dial a known uninhabited world.

We then see the cargo ship approaching the gate and inside the rings have been activated and surronding the Goa'uld and his personal guards but not "beaming them up". We then see the cargo ship turn so that it's underside is facing the event horizon of the Stargate.

Then the rings from the underside (normally used for transporting things to the ground of a planet) come out and fly through the event horizon of the stargate and we see the matter stream containing the Goa'uld and his guard transmit through the stargate, and then the stargate shuts off.

Then we cut to the uninhabited planet where we see the Stargate activate and rings come out through the event horizon (vertically, not horizontally) and then see the Goa'uld and his guard materialize in the rings. The rings then "self destruct" (as they did in the Tok'ra part 2 when Sam, Jacob/Sel'mak and Martouf/Lantash emerged from the Tok'ra tunnnels) and see the Goa'uld and his guard fall to the ground.

We then see a smirk on the Goa'uld face as he knows that he has escaped to live and fight another day.

I know the scene is sorta quirky and far fetched, but what does everyone think? Would it even be possible? I'm just curious to know weather I had a moment of inspiration, or a moment of dementia.
    Last edited by Melak; 15 January 2006, 06:07 PM.

I suppose it could work, Melak. Rings are supposed to lock on to the nearest other set of rings, maybe the matter stream would transmit through a stargate. It could be possible.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

yeah, I first started thinking of when SG-1 and Sel'mak were at the Anubis Kull Warior "factory" and when they were escaping they were able to use the cargo ships rings and transport the Kull Warrior to just below the cargo ship and then him and the rings just fall away, and then that whole scene came to my mind

Comment

I'd have my doubts over whether or not one could transmitt through the gate like that on purpose. We know large amounts of gravity can manipulate the matter stream, you would likely need to over-ride the protocals in the ring system to allow it to send the matter stream in a direction which doesn't have detectable rings. Once you do that and aim it at the gate it would be a simple matter of setting up a set of recieving rings or soem kind of matter stream relay point at the other end.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Isn't that sort of what happened when Vala was sucked into the Ori galaxy in Beachead ... we definitely know she activated the rings.
          (Beachead)

Or am I on the wrong track (I never did get that bit)
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

In response to jonno:

Spoiler:
            If I'm not mistaken, during that episode, Vala was trying to ring from the cargo ship to the prometheus. The rings converted her into a matterstream perfectly but during the transit, the blackhole's gravitational pull pulled her into it, and sending her to the ori base.
            (beachhead)

In response to Esquin:
            You have a point, I guess my daydream is based on the assumption that the targetting sensors are automatically overidden since the system knows the rings are being put into place since the rings underneath the cargo ship are the same rings (or part of the same ring system) so the system knows they will be there, or that the ring detection system is able to detect rings through a stargate's event horizon.

Comment

I think the physics are possible, but the situation unlikely. I mean wouldn't the Goa'uld who was attacking him have dialed in to prevent escape?

Comment

if it was a goa'uld, probably but there's always the window every 38 minutes.
                Spoiler:
                If it was the Free Jaffa Nation, probably not since they would want to liberate as many Jaffa as they could from Goa'uld opression.
                (S9)

Comment

The Rings can just beam something directly under the ship or to another set of rings.

A Stargate would work to IMHO.

Comment

Would of thought it would be easier for the rings to simply convert the people into a stream and simply transmit the energy stream itself straight through the gate to another set of rings which would re-construct them.

Dunno why you'd need to actually send the rings through the gate...

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

The only reason I thought of transmitting the rings through the gate would be that one could go to any planet and be able to rematerialize. If one were relying on rings on the other side of the gate for rematerialization, you're limited to a set number of Stargate's to dial.

Comment

Perhaps the gate and the rings are plug 'n play, so you would just rematerialize on the other side out of the stargate

USB right?
                        Last edited by Dutch_Razor; 18 January 2006, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Thats not such a bad idea to be honest.

The gate transmits energy beams and reconstructs them to I see no reason why the rings and gates cannot exchange energy beams.

Would be kinda cool really..

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz
                            Thats not such a bad idea to be honest.

The gate transmits energy beams and reconstructs them to I see no reason why the rings and gates cannot exchange energy beams.

Would be kinda cool really..

-Turboz
                            This would actually help explain the stargate network. The stargates would simply form the backbone of an interconnected network of rings. You use rings, or closets, that convert the objects, the converted objects are then routed to their destination using the stargates as necessary for interstellar transmission. That the stargates can also perform desconstruction/reconstruction may be just an added feature.

Comment

Originally posted by SpangledExpanse
                              This would actually help explain the stargate network. The stargates would simply form the backbone of an interconnected network of rings. You use rings, or closets, that convert the objects, the converted objects are then routed to their destination using the stargates as necessary for interstellar transmission. That the stargates can also perform desconstruction/reconstruction may be just an added feature.
                              Might also allow for gate amplifiers aswell through the use of the established gate network without having to change all the gates in the network. Big gates would be constructed on any planets that need them and they don't dial themselves. The big gates send their information to the smaller gates connected to the Stargate networked and the smaller gate on the destination checks to see if there's a big gate on the planet where it then connects to that and sends the information to the big gate and allows large objects such as vehicles with supplies or possibly even starships to pass through the gate. Instead of using starships to get resources such as oil, etc on a water planet, big & small gates are bouyant on the water on each planet and naval ships can transport resources in a more efficient manner.

Comment

Working...
                              X