X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official "no, no, a thousand times no" ANTI Cam/Sam Thread

My initial response to the creation of a Sam/Cam thread:

"No, no, a thousand times no! I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a blunt pocket knife than countenance any such ship."

Are you with me on this, shippers? BigGator5's original thread has been renamed the Pro thread so its logical counterpart is this brand spanking new thread.

Sam/Cam? An abomination, just so not right in every way. Don't let Sam be whored around every new male who shows his face at SGC. I don't care if you want Sam paired with Jack, Daniel, Janet or even Thor, all anti-Cam/Sam comments welcome here!

sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

***Jumps in with both feet****

How many body parts do I need to raise to be in on this???

My main thing against a Cam/Sam is simply because we spent ALL season 7 and 8 letting Carter get in touch with her girly side, getting a little "somethin' somethin' " and now she is finally coming back to us the strong empowered Sam ready to go back to saving the world...the notion she would look at Cam in that way makes all her personal growth redundant.
    ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

Save your breath for Martouf or Pete
      sigpic

Comment

I am also completely and totally jumping on this bandwagon.

But then I am an Anti-shipper in General.... but really, I have a hard time even respecting this ship. And besides we all know Cams going to end up with Vala anyway.

Evidence:
        Daniel is capable of NOT jumping in bed with every woman he may be attracted to as he did say no to Vala (though not sure the attraction, but whatever)
        Cam is apparently not able to say no to a woman who hits on him, even while on a diplomatic mission. Carter will never hit on him, Vala will (as she hits on everyone) therefore Cam will end up with Vala.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

^ Love the logic!

And gotta just say no to Cam/Sam. I mean, their names rhyme!
          sigpic
          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

damn you SqueeG-1 I am meant to be in bed and now I HAVE to watch Urgo!

And yes - So...Wrong...
            ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

Totally against Sam/Cam. Can't see them as a couple.
              There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

There's another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Please excuse my mistakes, I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good

Comment

One more against the Sam/Cam ship here. I'm not an active shipper but I think Sam belongs with Jack. That is a perfect match, Cam isn't.
                S.T.A.K.S. if you think kirking stinks...

Jackson: Earth minutes?
                Mitchell: Yeah, I've always wanted to say that.
                Vala: Well, now you have.

Image hosted by RandomImage.net

Member of Ben Hiney Club, Happy Trails Club and The Amazing Arm Appreciation Association Dex's Devil

Comment

Sign me up! I'm not a J/S shipper. Just the opposite, and for the exact same reasons, I'm just as strongly against Sam and Mitchell. (Can't call him Cam. The name sounds silly to me).

I'd like them to stay friends, and I hate to think that this isn't enough.

I don't equate every act of concern or caring as evidence that two people are becoming romantically attached. (I mean, that it should happen on screen. People can go crazy in fanfic)

To me, it would just be another case of shipping "the girl" with the "male lead" Cliche.

Can't there be a team of 4 friends, where the woman is just one of them, and doesn't have to be involved in that way? To do this on top of the ship stuff with Jack (implied, danced around, actually happened if you're a shipper) to start up the whole thing again just seems like they can't write Sam without a man.

No ship on the team! 4 friends and teammates, working together! That's enough.
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                    Sign me up! I'm not a J/S shipper. Just the opposite, and for the exact same reasons, I'm just as strongly against Sam and Mitchell. (Can't call him Cam. The name sounds silly to me).

I'd like them to stay friends, and I hate to think that this isn't enough.

I don't equate every act of concern or caring as evidence that two people are becoming romantically attached. (I mean, that it should happen on screen. People can go crazy in fanfic)

To me, it would just be another case of shipping "the girl" with the "male lead" Cliche.

Can't there be a team of 4 friends, where the woman is just one of them, and doesn't have to be involved in that way? To do this on top of the ship stuff with Jack (implied, danced around, actually happened if you're a shipper) to start up the whole thing again just seems like they can't write Sam without a man.

No ship on the team! 4 friends and teammates, working together! That's enough.
                    I agree 100%
                    SG-1 used to do it.. and that is when it was at its best.
                    For me, even Solitudes was not J\S it was Captain Samantha Carter concerned for and attempting to save her CO and friend Col Jack O'Neill.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Popping in here to agree, if only because Sam needs a damn rest from shipping after Jack/Sam. No Sam/Cam. No Sam/McKay. Give the woman some kick butt military or scientist storylines, not more angsting over a guy.

I would like to see a deeper, honest friendship between Sam and Cam. If TPTB are going to make the co-command decision canon (and I have my own feelings on that), then it only makes sense for those two to trust each other implicitly.

Comment

Toaster said it best. Sam needs a break from the romance pit.

Don't want to see any romo with Cam either. We are just starting to know the guy. Don't pair him off with anyone, for like. .10 seasons.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

The name of this thread just made me snortle my Sunday morning coffee!

I don't see ship between these two at all, as that would REALLY make Cam a Jack clone, and I highly doubt that's what TPTB want.

I DO see a nice friendship between the two beginning, with trust and loyalty blossoming, but I don't see romo. IMO it's also rather silly to assume that every man-woman friendship has to evolve into a romance. "Look, two people of the opposite sex, we must have romo! Romo is inevitable!": so laughable. But that's a topic for another thread.

Besides, Cam is too busy starting a nice "kirking" sideline. Who would want to mess that up?

Comment

Now that Jack is gone, the only ship I'm concerned with seeing is the one with Sam and her P-90 or a naquadah generator. I was hoping the writers would finally get back to showing us the brilliant, kickass woman that I fell in love with; but it seems as if now all we're going to see is Babysitter!Sam ( lots of hand holding and concern ), but little else. Guess I should be happy she hasn't turned into Doorstop!Sam like Teal'c has become.

So please no Cam/Sam, no Sam/Barrett, no Sam/Alien#5... the writers can save all the romantic crap for Daniel and Vala or Mitchell, if they really must have ship on the show, but please just let Sam get back to being Sam.

Comment

Sam/Camulus??? I'm down... Oh wait...

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                              Popping in here to agree, if only because Sam needs a damn rest from shipping after Jack/Sam. No Sam/Cam. No Sam/McKay. Give the woman some kick butt military or scientist storylines, not more angsting over a guy.

I would like to see a deeper, honest friendship between Sam and Cam. If TPTB are going to make the co-command decision canon (and I have my own feelings on that), then it only makes sense for those two to trust each other implicitly.
                              Absolutely. As little as I liked Sam/Jack, I could see it being played onscreen. Therefore for Sam to go after Mitchell straigtaway (or ever) would turn her into a character I could not respect or like. I don't want to see Sam paired with whichever sexy leading man happens to be nearest at the moment, just because she's the leading lady. She can be a character in herself, without a male to swoon over. With Jack gone, maybe TPTB will recognize that again.
                              Last edited by yasureubetcha; 15 January 2006, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X