This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stargate Factory

About 6 months ago I asked J. mallozi if they had thought about how the ancients built so many stargates. I mentioned a stargate factory idea to him.

He replied.

He said for years they have been tossing around the idea. He said season 10 may be the time.

Think of it.

Daniel Jackson is a brilliant archaeologist.

He did ascend, but he did not make a fantastic archaeological find yet.

For instance the man who found King Tut. His discovery opened up a whole civilization up to us all that had been hidden for over 3000 years.

Now Daniel has helped us similarly discover earths true past.

But, imagine the discovery of the ancient's stargate factory. Working or not would be THE greatest find so far. Even more if it is just powered down and needs the power turned on.

Imagine Daniel flipping the switch. hehe I get goose bumps just thinking about it. Also Earth will be a major power since we now are the only ones who can pump out new gates. hehe... So what do you think it would be like. What kind of story will the writers come out with you think?

Hey, that may be cool as hell! They could replace any Stargate they may lose.

Comment

Stargate factory is definitely cool idea. It would be great to see something like this in season 10.

Comment

Maybe Carter could somehow figure out the science behind it and create some crazy device. lol.

or maybe create hand held DHDs.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
          Maybe Carter could somehow figure out the science behind it and create some crazy device. lol.

or maybe create hand held DHDs.
          That would be too cool. Atlantis has DHDs on the Jumpers and Darts, so why can't SG-1 have something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
            maybe create hand held DHDs.
            Like this idea, can imagine SG1 running towards the gate under fire while dialling like mad on their wristwatch DHDs. Miniaturised mobile DHDs is definitely the way to go.

Stargate factory, cool idea, suppose we could plant a new gate as a matter of course on every new planet visited, way to conquer the galaxy!
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I find it funny that in the Children Of the Gods, Apophis was able to open the gate with a hand held devise but never to be seen again. lol.

Also, I wonder how the Asgard open the gate? They seem to be able to with a wave of the hand.

Comment

I have to be totaaly honest. I don't see how any Stargate factory could be of any real use to them.

The only benefits will be to place them on their ships. Perhaps power sources, so that they can use them as a now form of energy source for all their tech & of course to let them be able to dial other galaxies. However I don't think that would be in it, because they aren't powered by ZPM's & you need an external power supply to give it the extra energy.

The only other benefit would be to place them on planets that don't have any. I can't imagine that they have been to that many, since the whole premise has been using the SG's to explore. Now they have ships, so that means that they could come across more gateless worlds. Unless they are rich in tech or for ancient ruins etc, doing that would only waste valuable resources, only to get little if anything back in return.

So the long shot is, that they will only be beneficial to place them on their ships. However they could do that now if they wanted to, they have the Asgard beaming tech, so could go to an uninhabited planet, like the one from 'Paradise Lost', & take that & the DHD up. Then get Hermy to integrate it to their systems. Which would be cool. Then all they'd need to do was scale down the 302's a bit. If trouble is detected, they simply dial it up & send them through for support until the big boy gets there to deal with it.

Comment

Hand held DHD sounds cool. They already excist or we know we can have them. The Nox can do it with hand movement and in the ep. 1976 the little girl has some that opens it and sends them home.

The Tollan also built a Stargate with the help of the No and I am sure that the Asgard knows how to if the Nox and Tollan can slap one together.

The true advantage would be so we can place them on our Ships.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                    I have to be totaaly honest. I don't see how any Stargate factory could be of any real use to them.

The only benefits will be to place them on their ships. Perhaps power sources, so that they can use them as a now form of energy source for all their tech & of course to let them be able to dial other galaxies. However I don't think that would be in it, because they aren't powered by ZPM's & you need an external power supply to give it the extra energy.

The only other benefit would be to place them on planets that don't have any. I can't imagine that they have been to that many, since the whole premise has been using the SG's to explore. Now they have ships, so that means that they could come across more gateless worlds. Unless they are rich in tech or for ancient ruins etc, doing that would only waste valuable resources, only to get little if anything back in return.

So the long shot is, that they will only be beneficial to place them on their ships. However they could do that now if they wanted to, they have the Asgard beaming tech, so could go to an uninhabited planet, like the one from 'Paradise Lost', & take that & the DHD up. Then get Hermy to integrate it to their systems. Which would be cool. Then all they'd need to do was scale down the 302's a bit. If trouble is detected, they simply dial it up & send them through for support until the big boy gets there to deal with it.
                    while i agree that there could be no real value in making more stargates, but I do think there is value in the understanding SGC could get from seeing a factory like this. Give Carter or McKay design spec and let them go nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter

I'm with you on this one. I don't see there being much benefit to this. I'd also find the idea that it would be in a state of being fully operational just too convenient. I know ancient tech seems to last foever but that in itself is already stretching belief. As far as we've seen Atlantis is the oldest ancient city that's fully functional. Any gate factory in the milky way would be significantly older than Atlantis. This city would be tens of millions of years old. I wouldn't rule out that it would be functional but I'd rather it wasn't. It would be nice to see it but to use it to create gates would just be too much.

If they found something else in it of value however, that would be more interesting.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Well...
                        Spoiler:
                        We know that Baal happens to steal alot of stargates, I'm thinking for recycling use as alot of the naquida mines would have likely been closed. Also it cuts a fairly large chunk of power from earth as they cant go and explore some more.

However, I would love to see an earth built stargate using ancient production technology to replace the one at the sgc especially considering they've lost the gate a few times.

Comment

It would be cool if they found the Stargate factory and they found or made a few to put on each BC-303!! How cool would that be!!!

Perfecto!

Comment

i would think that the factory would be in atlantis

Comment

Finding a Stargate factory. Now that would be something to see. However, would it be operational? If they could make it so, I definitely see benefits.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X