PDA

View Full Version : My amazing (and basically totally improbable) Season 10 idea!

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 12th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Okay so after season 9's new baddies the ori, it seems SG1 has made a bit of a mistake, mainly making the Ori uber powerful, so powerful that when SG1 does eventually defeat them (in two years, while it took 8 for the system lords... this in itself shows how they wernt exactly prepared for season 9/10!!!) it will look stupid because they spent so much time showing how amazingly god like these ori are just to have them defeated by some quirk or simple weakness. This whole thing rings of Star Trek when they meet the borg... an enemy that could completly wipe humanity out but we still hold our own... usually by finding some new weakness every week, and contributed to by the stupidity of the enemy.

The only way I can see the ori being defeated and it NOT seeming anti-climax would be Milky Way acient intervention. Now the acients dont mess with mortal affairs but I see some great potential in this direction... for starters the Milky Way would need someone ascended to help them out, Oma is busy so who could it be? a new character... no need. Weve got two great ones to choose from, Ayiana could make a return and we all want Janet back right? well what better way than to say she ascended (by Ayiana's or Oma's help) and comes back to help her friends beat this new enemy?

My reasoning for these choices (and idea) goes like this. The acients agreed not to interfere with our existance, but dont really like the Ori converting / destroying their creations. So they allow Janet to ascend, and start to be more lax with the rules, just a bit so that Ayiana and Janet can interact with the mortals and help where they can. Eventually Ayiana and Janet persuade the acients to help and the ori are defeated in a cosmic battle of the ascended!!! Now Ayiana would want to help the mortals, specifically the Tau'ris because they tried to save her and she obviously showed care for them (she cured everyone at the antarctic post even though it brought her closer to death). She could have even become a pupil of Oma's.

This idea is still a WIP but I think it would be a cool way to end this ori story and maybe SG1 overall, the Galaxy free and earth can start really exploring whats out there!

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
You know, this would have been a better thread to merge my thread with.

Return of the Harcesis Child!! (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4814748#post4814748)

Anyway, I had the idea of bringing Shifu back and fight Adria. However, this could span a couple of seasons if need be.

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 12th, 2006, 04:25 PM
No this is my stand alone Idea, I think it deserves its own thread.

To go a little more into Janet's ascension, janet was a very good and selfless person right? So it stands to reason whatever Oma saw in Daniel would be seen in her. Ayiana would have remembered her for trying so hard to save her aswell, and she would have realised how important she could be in helping the tau'ris fight the Ori (based on Daniels attempts at helping to fight anubis). I think janet would make a very good ascended being.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 12th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I don't think bringing Janet back would be very likely. She's dead. She was the embodiment of the power of mortality on StarGate, she's not coming back.

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Yes, you may be right. My idea is more possible. However, your idea is more sane than what they are talking about in the "Anti-S10" thread (Evil Daniel *rolleyes*)...

Janet didn't turn into a being of light that most people go through when they ascension. This is cannon and I'll be pissed if they go back and said she did ascend.

AGateFan
January 12th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Yes, you may be right. My idea is more possible. However, your idea is more sane than what they are talking about in the "Anti-S10" thread (Evil Daniel *rolleyes*)...

Janet didn't turn into a being of light that most people go through when they ascension. This is cannon and I'll be pissed if they go back and said she did ascend.
Actually the darker Daniel was brought up in the Flesh and Bones thread and in some other threads over the last couple of months based on something I think Joe said in his thread. For the record I am against darkening any of the characters.

I am however all for bringing Janet back. But I dont know that they will go the acended route. Plus Ayiana didnt exactly go off into a ball of glowy light and if the other acients were really looking to help her out they may have unfrozen her a long time ago.

I'm not against the idea, I just think your title is correct, basically totally improbable. Of course if they were to have another ep with Janet and she were to die in that ep and then ascend or something.....

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Actually the darker Daniel was brought up in the Flesh and Bones thread and in some other threads over the last couple of months based on something I think Joe said in his thread. For the record I am against darkening any of the characters.

I wouldn't be against Dark Daniel, because we did have an episode where Teal'c went all evil on us. He was brain-washed and was back to normal the next episode. I mean, Atlantis has been doing a great job with the Dark Ford storyline.

If they do it right, I would like to see Dark Daniel.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 12th, 2006, 04:53 PM
We did Dark Daniel before. I think it was... "Legacy?" With the Goa-uld killers made by Machello, that made him go crazy?

Osiris-RA
January 12th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Didn't we see a bit of Dark Daniel in Absolute Power? That was a little too dark...he was sadistic. Crazy. A total loon. Awesome, but completly nuts.

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 04:56 PM
We did Dark Daniel before. I think it was... "Legacy?" With the Goa-uld killers made by Machello, that made him go crazy?

Or how about "Need" and "Absolute Power"? "Legacy" wasn't him going Dark, but just mental.

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 12th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Im thinking of doing a little fanfic with this Idea... gotta start setting out a plausible storyline...

As for the "she diddnt turn into a glowy ball!!!!!!" Okay... so we diddnt see any super glowy light, but thats okay. Think about threads when daniel is physically dead but hes in the cafe, presented with the choice of ascencion, nothing says you have to turn into a glowy ball to go to the cafe. Perhaps Oma did so with Ayiana and she in turn did it with Janet, Daniel spent days in the Cafe, so that would work for Ayiana and Janet as they would have been buried by then, and therefore no one to see the glowy light.

I like this Idea because it offers a quick and fitting resolution to the Ori problem, id love for SG1 to continue another 6 years so they could fight the Ori, but it just isnt going to happen. This is one idea that could involve severall characters from previous seasons, provide meaningful acient / mortal interaction, be a fitting end to the ori threat and even set up the tau'ris as the fifth race.

AGateFan
January 12th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't be against Dark Daniel, because we did have an episode where Teal'c went all evil on us. He was brain-washed and was back to normal the next episode. I mean, Atlantis has been doing a great job with the Dark Ford storyline.

If they do it right, I would like to see Dark Daniel.
Oh, I agree with that, I am not against an ep or two.. I really, really liked ABSOLUTE POWER. However, I also like Daniel as he is, a hero. I would prefer his character remain true to the established form and not change just to please the "isnt it cool to be dark" type attitude.

EDIT: Oops got offtopic.

Im thinking of doing a little fanfic with this Idea... gotta start setting out a plausible storyline...

As for the "she diddnt turn into a glowy ball!!!!!!" Okay... so we diddnt see any super glowy light, but thats okay. Think about threads when daniel is physically dead but hes in the cafe, presented with the choice of ascencion, nothing says you have to turn into a glowy ball to go to the cafe. Perhaps Oma did so with Ayiana and she in turn did it with Janet, Daniel spent days in the Cafe, so that would work for Ayiana and Janet as they would have been buried by then, and therefore no one to see the glowy light.

I like this Idea because it offers a quick and fitting resolution to the Ori problem, id love for SG1 to continue another 6 years so they could fight the Ori, but it just isnt going to happen. This is one idea that could involve severall characters from previous seasons, provide meaningful acient / mortal interaction, be a fitting end to the ori threat and even set up the tau'ris as the fifth race.

I agree I would like to see a quick and fitting resolution to the Ori problem and I would love to see Janet back. But if the ancients really wanted to save Ayiana, why leave her frozen to begin with... just so humanity could find her... or maybe she didnt want to ascend?

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 12th, 2006, 05:23 PM
what if she was forgotten? presumed dead? alot of acients died from the plague so it stands to reason a few million years of not knowing where she was could put her on the KIA list...

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I think all the ideas here can be consider "Amazing (and basically totally improbable) Season Ten Ideas" and from what I understand, we are all pulling this stuff out of nowhere. Maybe the "Dark Daniel" comes from a comment made off-handed by TPTB, but you get the idea.

Anyway, I have heard very little on my my idea of the return of Shifu into the Ori/Adria storyline.

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 12th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Mine must be more popular :P J/K!!!

I dont like to think this is "pulled out of nowhere"... although thats not to far from the truth. Ayiana and Janet were both deserving of ascencion, and the ori problem is too great to end quickly without "divine intervention", so my ideas kinda clink into place. Its actually how I thought of this Idea, one thing led to another which led to another untill I came up with a reasonable sounding train of thought. Ill admit there are some pretty big gaps in the idea... but im working on it ;)

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I'll admit there are some pretty big gaps in the idea...

Yeah, like how Ayiana and Janet can help against the Ori. The Acients are not just going to allow them to help us.

If they are now Acients themselves, they have rules to follow. All those who break the rules, gets punish in some way. Oh they may give 2nd chances, but that is where they draw the line.

Wraith_Hunter
January 12th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Okay so after season 9's new baddies the ori, it seems SG1 has made a bit of a mistake, mainly making the Ori uber powerful, so powerful that when SG1 does eventually defeat them (in two years, while it took 8 for the system lords... this in itself shows how they wernt exactly prepared for season 9/10!!!) it will look stupid because they spent so much time showing how amazingly god like these ori are just to have them defeated by some quirk or simple weakness. This whole thing rings of Star Trek when they meet the borg... an enemy that could completly wipe humanity out but we still hold our own... usually by finding some new weakness every week, and contributed to by the stupidity of the enemy.

The only way I can see the ori being defeated and it NOT seeming anti-climax would be Milky Way acient intervention. Now the acients dont mess with mortal affairs but I see some great potential in this direction... for starters the Milky Way would need someone ascended to help them out, Oma is busy so who could it be? a new character... no need. Weve got two great ones to choose from, Ayiana could make a return and we all want Janet back right? well what better way than to say she ascended (by Ayiana's or Oma's help) and comes back to help her friends beat this new enemy?

My reasoning for these choices (and idea) goes like this. The acients agreed not to interfere with our existance, but dont really like the Ori converting / destroying their creations. So they allow Janet to ascend, and start to be more lax with the rules, just a bit so that Ayiana and Janet can interact with the mortals and help where they can. Eventually Ayiana and Janet persuade the acients to help and the ori are defeated in a cosmic battle of the ascended!!! Now Ayiana would want to help the mortals, specifically the Tau'ris because they tried to save her and she obviously showed care for them (she cured everyone at the antarctic post even though it brought her closer to death). She could have even become a pupil of Oma's.

This idea is still a WIP but I think it would be a cool way to end this ori story and maybe SG1 overall, the Galaxy free and earth can start really exploring whats out there!

I don't see a need for Janet or Ayianna to come back. Ayianna was an ancient & is known to them. So if anyone was to comethen it would make sense that it be someone familiar like her. However having them be ascended then after all these many millenia start to lax rules to get help to the mortals. If they are in a situation where the Ori are going to wipe them out, then it's a definite that they will finally step in. They let Orlin come back to help with the plague, despite their asses not being on the line. So when it comes down to saving their own, then they only have one choice. So having someone who ascended only a few years being able to change their ideals & rules is pretty much laughable. Look at Daniel when he was, they wouldn't help nor let him interfere on the mortal plain of exsistence.

When it finally goes down, it will be the ancients themselves that decide to step up, the only character that I would say that could inspire them would be Oma & what she done with Anubis. So perhaps when the others are ready they'll take out Anubis permanently & let her re-join them in the ultimate battle.

Basically as what's just been put about Vala's daughter. It seems that the Ori cannot manifest themselves in this galaxy yet. So they must know that the ancients will step in & forecully remove them. This in itself should prove that when the Ori come themselves, then the ancients will be ready & waiting for them.

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 13th, 2006, 04:21 AM
If they are in a situation where the Ori are going to wipe them out, then it's a definite that they will finally step in.

Look at Daniel when he was, they wouldn't help nor let him interfere on the mortal plain of exsistence.

Well the acients werent going to save the galaxy when Anubis was going to fry everything, so it would still take some persuading to get them going now. And Daniel did "interfere" more than he should have, he would have killed Anubid had Oma not stopped him... and she stopped him more for her own reasons than to protect Daniel.

And keep in mind, the ori are a NEW threat, the acients were hiding us from them. New situations create changes in rules.

BC - 303
January 20th, 2006, 03:41 PM
You want ascended beings to help, ill give u some: -
Skarra, Kasuf, Abydos.

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 20th, 2006, 03:49 PM
It would be nice if tons of former characters came to help, ayiana, skara, tha abydonians ect... orilin came back to help out, I just think that ayiana / janet would make good acient emmisaries. Skara too... all three could help earth out and convince the acients to take action. It would be great to have SG1 fighting the priors while ayiana, janet and skara rallied the troops and led the charge against the ori!

dmayor09
January 20th, 2006, 08:52 PM
i can see the possibility of skara coming to help. I can also see the idea of the ancients doing cosmic battle with the ori and going the route of oma/anubis...whereever the went in their everlasting fight, which would leave the galaxies open for discovery and new possibility. kind of like B5, when the vorlons and shadows duel it out only to leave...and let everyone be.

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 21st, 2006, 05:13 AM
kind of like B5, when the vorlons and shadows duel it out only to leave...and let everyone be.

yeah! that would be great. It would leave SG1 to continue their exploration of the universe!!! Of course we could descend Janet if need be...

the fifth man
January 21st, 2006, 04:23 PM
While I do agree that the eventual Ori defeat may require some Ancient interference, I think it is some way off. At least, I sure hope so. I see no reason, especially with how this season is shaping up, that SG-1 could not potentially go for three or four more seasons. Wishful thinking or not, that's my stance.

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 23rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah id love for stargate to keep going for as many seasons as possible. But when it does come time of acient intervention I think my ideas a cool way to do it.