X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld 'prototype' spoilers Vs. potential reality

ok this is a production quote from the prototype 'guide':

"An earlier draft of the script for "Prototype" explained just what Anubis's purposes were for Khalek. He was the prototype of an army of warriors called the Mashur (from the Goa'uld word for "mutation," "mashur-nat"), which Anubis hoped to train to ascend and do battle with the Ancients on their own plane of existence and destroy them -- something ultimately cut from the episode."

now from what i can tell the orii also wish to create an army of being to destroy the alternas ascended form. was the idea in TPTB's mind changed by them swapping the idea out of the anubis thing in to the orii thing. instead of anubis creating an alteran beating army of glow to the orii creating an ascended army of glow... if that is the case will the orii army be called mashur. or the origin warriors be called mashur?

basicly my question is do you think the mashur stuff was edited out to be used for the next season of SG in a grander context?

immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Originally posted by immhotep
    basicly my question is do you think the mashur stuff was edited out to be used for the next season of SG in a grander context?
    No anubis needed them to ascend to form an army - their are already lots of Ori to form an army
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

but the orii cannot affect this galaxy directly however if they sent a group of ancients such as the people from epiffiny to this galaxy they could ascende naturally and corrupt from within. the ancient cant stop the natural ascension or human forms, so they couldnt stop and army of natural ascendees from coming to this galaxy to ascend right..
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

The Orii cant do anything here because the Ancients are protecting us but if they get enough followers in this galaxy things could change
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I think it would be different because Anubis was alone and he needed more like him if he wanted to destroy the Others. The Ori on the other hand had plenty of numbers already so they dont want more Ascended but rather more power which they would get from their followers. Enough power allows an Ascended to destroy another I think that or enough numbers.

And cool about that, the word Mashur sounds very goa'uld. The Ori would have something different probably. By the way, where did you get that from?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Gw, i remembered the spoilers from ages ago + its not a production note.
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

Working...
            X