PDA

View Full Version : Gateworld 'prototype' spoilers Vs. potential reality

immhotep
January 12th, 2006, 03:53 PM
ok this is a production quote from the prototype 'guide':

"An earlier draft of the script for "Prototype" explained just what Anubis's purposes were for Khalek. He was the prototype of an army of warriors called the Mashur (from the Goa'uld word for "mutation," "mashur-nat"), which Anubis hoped to train to ascend and do battle with the Ancients on their own plane of existence and destroy them -- something ultimately cut from the episode."

now from what i can tell the orii also wish to create an army of being to destroy the alternas ascended form. was the idea in TPTB's mind changed by them swapping the idea out of the anubis thing in to the orii thing. instead of anubis creating an alteran beating army of glow to the orii creating an ascended army of glow... if that is the case will the orii army be called mashur. or the origin warriors be called mashur?

basicly my question is do you think the mashur stuff was edited out to be used for the next season of SG in a grander context?

immhotep

Qasim
January 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM
basicly my question is do you think the mashur stuff was edited out to be used for the next season of SG in a grander context?No anubis needed them to ascend to form an army - their are already lots of Ori to form an army

immhotep
January 12th, 2006, 04:04 PM
but the orii cannot affect this galaxy directly however if they sent a group of ancients such as the people from epiffiny to this galaxy they could ascende naturally and corrupt from within. the ancient cant stop the natural ascension or human forms, so they couldnt stop and army of natural ascendees from coming to this galaxy to ascend right..

Qasim
January 12th, 2006, 04:10 PM
The Orii cant do anything here because the Ancients are protecting us but if they get enough followers in this galaxy things could change

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 12th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I think it would be different because Anubis was alone and he needed more like him if he wanted to destroy the Others. The Ori on the other hand had plenty of numbers already so they dont want more Ascended but rather more power which they would get from their followers. Enough power allows an Ascended to destroy another I think that or enough numbers.

And cool about that, the word Mashur sounds very goa'uld. The Ori would have something different probably. By the way, where did you get that from?

immhotep
January 13th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Gw, i remembered the spoilers from ages ago + its not a production note.