X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butterfly 2 Starts Shooting

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34126

The Butterfly Effect 2, the sequel to 2004's eerie SF movie, begins production Jan. 12 with Eric Lively and the previously announced Erica Durance (TV's Smallville) in the lead roles, Variety reported. More ...
    sigpic

I never saw the first one. I heard it wasn't good, but I will reserve judgement until I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
      I never saw the first one. I heard it wasn't good, but I will reserve judgement until I see it.
      I heard it wasn't good but watched it anyway- there was a local kid in it- Cameron Bright (who was also on SG-1). I thought is was pretty good- it was actually quite creepy with a solid story. A sequal would probably be terrible though. The story was wrapped up, there's no need to continue it- even with different characters. Actually a sequal with all different characters is already usually terrible anyway. They shouldn't do it at all.....but that's crazy hollywood people.

Comment

It wasn't a bad movie, but definitely not sequel worthy.

Hollywood has a problem. They are being way too conservative with their movies and banking on sequels way too much. After three or so years of it, it's time to move on. There's nothing wrong with an original script.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Loved the first movie; it was among the top 3 movies I watched in 2005. Actually, my sister had just bought the DVD then, and after watching it with her, I irrationally thought I-HAVE-TO-BUY-THE-DVD!!!

But I don't think it would make a good sequel.
          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            It wasn't a bad movie, but definitely not sequel worthy.

Hollywood has a problem. They are being way too conservative with their movies and banking on sequels way too much. After three or so years of it, it's time to move on. There's nothing wrong with an original script.
            I agree, where are the unique movies? My favourite movies of 2004 were Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Lost In Translation. Two wonderfully unique scripts, and Lost In Translation anyway, was VERY cheap to make and quick to shoot. WHEN are the Holleywood people going to realize that quality films will get people to the theater.....not the rubbish that they are spewing out at the moment.

Comment

I thought is was pretty good- it was actually quite creepy with a solid story. A sequal would probably be terrible though. The story was wrapped up, there's no need to continue it- even with different characters.
              This is pretty much where I'm at with this one. I enjoyed the first movie. Sure, the plot's been done before, but I thought it brought an original take on it and it was inventive and well done. But I'm not sure why they would think a sequel was necessary as there didn't seem to me to be any loose ends left dangling.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
              X