PDA

View Full Version : Would you want more Goa'uld in season 10 ?

Dr. Elisabeth Weir
January 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone

Got a question and I would like to know your opinions. See with season 9 we haven't seen much from the Goa'uld. We saw them in Atlantis and in Deus Ex Machina. The Ori haven't really spoken to me. I don't like them actually. I expected a way more from the Ori. So I would like to know if you guys would like to see more Goa'uld in season 10. So the systemlords are gone but there are still a lot of Goa'uld out there like Ba'al and they still can be a big thread if they want too. If you saw Deus Ex Machina you perhaps liked the episode and I can not wait to see Ba'al in Stronghold or Off the grid. Would you like to see the Goa'uld more in season 10? That they still are a big threat to Earth?

Dr. Elisabeth Weir

Qasim
January 12th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Yes!!! Ba'al for President!!!! :D Nice sig btw

immhotep
January 12th, 2006, 11:12 AM
baal only, i didnt even like the CM goauld...they no fun anymore...ill let them have baal, the jaffa snakes, the tokra and thats it

Formerhost
January 12th, 2006, 11:22 AM
To be honest, no. Ori with their religious background are far more intriguing.

jazz!
January 12th, 2006, 11:30 AM
There's never too much Goa'uld.....the more the snake heads the merrier.....

.......in an ironic twist, they seem to have become servents of the Ori....they'll do anything to recalim their domains

.......unless Oma and Anubis are in an eternal fight....then....it'd be great to have him back........spear-heading the Ori's campaign to rule the galaxy

.......our friendly neighbourhood Goa'uld :p, Ba'al, could be quite cool to see him Allied with the SGC - he seems to be developing quite a rapport with SG-1, specifically :sam:

Definately up for Goa'uld

kharn the betrayer
January 12th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Only if it was Baal...just because I love the character ALOT

BlackBaron
January 12th, 2006, 12:33 PM
.......our friendly neighbourhood Goa'uld :p, Ba'al, could be quite cool to see him Allied with the SGC - he seems to be developing quite a rapport with SG-1, specifically :sam:

Definately up for Goa'uld

I agree, a goa'uld in the SGC, even in SG1! Specially if it's Baal(Ba'al), he also did help to defeat the replicators. Even said "Good luck" but Selmak tought that was creepy.
And I want to get Yu back, for some reason I really like Lord Yu (and lord Zipacna).

immhotep
January 12th, 2006, 01:00 PM
we have nerus for that job...

NakedJehutyV2
January 12th, 2006, 01:13 PM
ba'al is the best goauld.

but anubis is a cool name

Johnquixote
January 12th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I liked Nerus alot.
"No seeds! That's impossible!" (eats grapes)

I'm sure Ba'al will busy trying to reclaim his power, and I'm wondering if they really are going to do an ep called "Great Ba'als of Fire" as Joe mentioned.

I do hope we haven't heard the end of Oma and Anubis.

I love the Ori though.

shockwave
January 12th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Yes, more goa'uld please, and their relation with the ori and the galaxy

Technician
January 12th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Two things I'd like to see with regards to Baal:

1. Senator Baal.
2. Almighty Baal being commanded to worship the Ori.

immhotep
January 12th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Two things I'd like to see with regards to Baal:

1. Senator Baal.
2. Almighty Baal being commanded to worship the Ori.
with regards to baal...bring him on, i loved the trust/NID...hes the new kinsey, meybourne, simonds and adrian conrad combined...nice move TPTB...other goauld, leave them alone to die in peace...PLEASE!

jetvlt
January 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM
baal would rock in a position of official power on earth, but what id find soooooooooo interesting is if anubis somehow found his way back, and started his own fight with the ori... that would be a creepy creepy creepy earth/anubis allegiance against a common enemy...

AGateFan
January 12th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Goa'uld's YES
Clones of Goa'uld... notsomuch.

Eoin
January 12th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I'd like to see more goa'uld in season 10 and especially ba'al :D

jash
January 12th, 2006, 10:02 PM
The Goa'uld are an after thought now. we have bigger fish to fry. They are on the threat level of the genii now. and that level is non.

valaCB
January 13th, 2006, 02:38 AM
I really want to see Ba'al again, definitely.

Iguana775
January 13th, 2006, 09:37 AM
As long as it's Ba'al. I think he's a great bad guy and a good change of pace from the Ori.

the fifth man
January 13th, 2006, 09:35 PM
I would definitely like to still see the existence of the Goa'uld. Mainly as a minor threat, though. Like a lot of others, Ba'al is my personal favorite for wreaking havoc on SG-1 and the SGC.

Major_Griff
January 14th, 2006, 06:05 AM
I want to see Ba'al alligned with Kinsey. Have we forgotten the events of Full Alert? Ba'al is hands down the best Goa'uld and Kinsey as Goa'uld as so much evil potential. I would love to see the two of them working together.

:baal10:

Thor of The Asgard
January 14th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I want to see Ba'al alligned with Kinsey. Have we forgotten the events of Full Alert? Ba'al is hands down the best Goa'uld and Kinsey as Goa'uld as so much evil potential. I would love to see the two of them working together.

:baal10:

i like your idea!

i would definitly like to see more of the goa'uld!
after all they were strong for 7-8 season!~!

Skythe
January 14th, 2006, 08:33 AM
No more goa'uld except Baal. As someone said hes kinda like the new maybourne, and i wouldn't mind him developing as such, so in some episodes they could have potential compromises with him.

Commander Ivanova
January 14th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Happy to see Ba'al again, he's so bad he's good! Rest of 'em enjoying a well-deserved retirement far as I'm concerned.

HirogenGater
January 14th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Happy to see Ba'al again, he's so bad he's good! Rest of 'em enjoying a well-deserved retirement far as I'm concerned.
Agreed. I think the Gou'ald heyday is over.

Piratejenna
January 15th, 2006, 04:32 AM
I don't care if the Goa'uld are no longer the Big Bads in the show, because they've been camped up to the status of pantomime villains, and trivialised in the process. But I think they should be a huge part of the Stargate universe in the sense that their presence and influence is clearly seen. The Goa'uld aren't just a bunch of individual bad guys - they were an entire political & cultural system which made the galaxy what it is. Just as medieval feudalism (which only lasted a few hundred years) has had an enduring impact in Europe, so the Goa'uld system (which lasted for thousands of years) should leave its impact in the Stargate world.

The Goa'uld's use of the Gates created Stargate's unique selling point - that many of the places they visit are linked to Earth through mythology. Take them out of the Stargate universe, and all you have is a generic sci-fi show. StarTrek has the Federation, the Klingons, the Romulans - all those features help to make their distinctive universe. Babylon 5 has the Vorlons, Shadows, First Ones, Rangers, Psi-corps, which all contribute to the richness of that universe. The Goa'uld are an important part of Stargate's distinctive universe.

I'd like to see the writers revisit the Goa'uld but at a deeper, darker level than we've seen so far. There was something really creepy and sadistic about the early concept which has never been properly explored because they took a lighter, campier direction. There's still unused potential there, I think.

Dr. Elisabeth Weir
January 15th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I see many people are interested in seeing Ba'al again but any other Goa'uld. What about a wife for Ba'al? or imagine that Anubis has won against Oma and has put his body back together and rebuild his fleet with the Kull soldiers and perhaps found a new way to be unstopable? I think it would be great if Anubis would return, work together with SG.1 and battle the Ori

Major_Griff
January 15th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Other than Ba'al and Kinsey there are no other (living) Goa'uld that I'd really care to see again.

-Jules-
January 15th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Yes, I'd like to see more Goa'uld. Personally, IMHO, I think the Ori are stupid. The Goa'uld were cool because, when they pretended to be gods, they had the style. The Ori just stand there and use their cheesy powers to make you worship them. And all the mythology was there. It made the show interesting, and it's what the show's based off of. (Stargate the movie)

NakedJehutyV2
January 15th, 2006, 06:15 PM
the goauld with style is ba'al

BigGator5
January 15th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Baal (http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/links/baal.shtml) is great and I like him than any other System Lord. He has more style than all of them put together.

I agree with Piratejenna in that there should always be a Goa'uld in the background weaking havoc.

Formerhost
January 16th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Baal (http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/links/baal.shtml) is great and I like him than any other System Lord. He has more style than all of them put together.

I agree with Piratejenna in that there should always be a Goa'uld in the background weaking havoc.

What was the name of that Goa'uld in "Beachhead"? If more Goa'ulds turn to Ori like him and join forces we're gonna be in really BIG troubles... :eek:

valaCB
January 16th, 2006, 11:08 AM
+You mean Gerak? http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/links/baal.shtml

Formerhost
January 16th, 2006, 11:18 AM
+You mean Gerak? http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/links/baal.shtml

Nope, I mean Nerus, the fat guy.

plaw15
January 18th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I would love too see the snakheads in season 10.

Hybridbabe
January 19th, 2006, 01:32 PM
For my two cents...

Baal definitely. I love the snakehead indefinitely! He's got the charisma, the conniving intelligence, the hot looks.... He's got EVERYTHING, and he should def. play a bigger part in Season 10.

I also rather like Nerus, because, well..... who doesn't like a Benedict Arnold character? He made me laugh, he sold us out, and he'll need to pay for his crimes. Def. have Nerus back.

Anubis and/or another Prototype like Khalek would be an amazing addition next year. I loved Khalek, thought he was more threatening/dangerous than Anubis ever was. We always hear about the stuff Anubis has done, but we've rarely seen him actually doing it. Khalek was a loose cannon with a maniac ambition to achieve ascension, and i was more scared of him than I was of his "father".

Mattathias2.0
January 19th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I would like to see other surviving System Lords. Ba'al is great, yes.

But what are they doing now? Did they steal some of Anubis' tech and develop it furthur? Them in relation to the Ori?

Mattathias

Nem2k
January 25th, 2006, 05:18 AM
id love to see more goauld, and not just baal

go offworld, find some goauld, kick some ass. theres been way too much ori lately and imo the goauld have a much more interesting story to them

alfakim
January 26th, 2006, 06:40 PM
YES. SO MUCH. i want to see some serious "gwahaha! i have risen to power again, more powerful than ever!! gwahaha!!" from anyone, most likely baal. sooooo cool. i heart goa'uld.

Seshat
January 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I kind of miss them. :( They were waaay too happy being evil to just give up and slink off with their tails between their legs.

alfakim
January 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM
I kind of miss them. :( They were waaay too happy being evil to just give up and slink off with their tails between their legs.

loool.. geeeeenius. so right.

The Engineer
January 29th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I would like more of them in season 10 if they are able to adapt to the new status-quo. Ba'al is a good example and definitely I would like him to be around in season 10. Another good example is Nerus but this guy got burnt really bad, but he tried to adapt to the situation.

JUNIOR
January 31st, 2006, 03:44 PM
Hey everyone

Got a question and I would like to know your opinions. See with season 9 we haven't seen much from the Goa'uld. We saw them in Atlantis and in Deus Ex Machina. The Ori haven't really spoken to me. I don't like them actually. I expected a way more from the Ori. So I would like to know if you guys would like to see more Goa'uld in season 10. So the systemlords are gone but there are still a lot of Goa'uld out there like Ba'al and they still can be a big thread if they want too. If you saw Deus Ex Machina you perhaps liked the episode and I can not wait to see Ba'al in Stronghold or Off the grid. Would you like to see the Goa'uld more in season 10? That they still are a big threat to Earth?

Dr. Elisabeth Weir

Personal I'd just want to see Ba'al in season 10 because in my opinion he is the more intriguing of the Goa'uld. Another reason is that I think the Ori arch has great potential and should be explored a little more extensively than it was in the 9th season. Adding more Goa'uld only leave less wiggle room to explore other archs that TPTB already said they would explore such as the Lucian Alliance. I mean if they have an episode or two to fit another Goa’uld in more power to them I will still watch it and most likely enjoy it thoroughly. Although I thought I recalled JM or one of the other executive producers saying that they would bring in another Goa’uld possibly a female some how related to the Cronus story arch in season ten.

thenimf
February 1st, 2006, 02:22 AM
I want to see the Goa'uld becoming more strategic and devious than they have been in the past. Basically, I want to see a Goa'uld SGC where an ex-system lord will send out teams of covert goa'uld to carry out complex recon and sabotage missions, as well as getting information that will help them defeat.... well, everyone really.

I think that this would be a great direction for the Goa'uld to go in for two reasons
1. Snakes are associated with being devious and to having well calculated moves (which the megalomaniacal behaviour of the Goa'uld of yore definitely didn't encompass). The series has shown that the more strategic and realistic Goa'uld (such as Ba'al) are way more fun for everyone (especially us viewers)
2. The Goa'uld would make a great thorn in the side kind of characters. I want to see Goa'uld recon teams stealing Asgard beaming technologies from our ships, and coming to Earth and stealing cookie dough recipies. I want to see covert Goa'uld infiltrating Earth's military and political systems (yeah, I realize that this has already begun).

I think that Ba'al and the Trust are both already existing Goa'uld factions that could pull something like this off. Although it would be great to see a new Goa'uld group to come to surface. A new group would give a greater sense of the Goa'uld beginning to rise again (rather than recycle).