X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New sci-fi shows in the works.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=34104&type=0

Two new sci-fi shows are being planned, one at CBS and the other at NBC. Always good to get more sci-fi on TV though I´m a bit sceptical on these shows premises. It´s very hard to do a show with superheroes and such without it coming out very corny but as I´m a big superhero fan I´m really hoping that this project will turn out great.

The other project revolves around post apocalyptic world, a premise that isn´t all that exciting for me. I´d rather have space based sci-fi but I´ll wait with further judgement until I´ve read more details about how the show will be done.

So, do you people think that either of these shows stands a chance of making it through the first season? CBS cancelled Threshold without even blinking so I´m not all that optimistic.

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=34104&type=0

Two new sci-fi shows are being planned, one at CBS and the other at NBC. Always good to get more sci-fi on TV though I´m a bit sceptical on these shows premises. It´s very hard to do a show with superheroes and such without it coming out very corny but as I´m a big superhero fan I´m really hoping that this project will turn out great.

The other project revolves around post apocalyptic world, a premise that isn´t all that exciting for me. I´d rather have space based sci-fi but I´ll wait with further judgement until I´ve read more details about how the show will be done.

So, do you people think that either of these shows stands a chance of making it through the first season? CBS cancelled Threshold without even blinking so I´m not all that optimistic.
    Totally depends on what those with the "people" meters watch...so neither will probably be sucessful.

Comment

Wont be successful IMO
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

the one about the post apocalyps sound kinda interesting, although its very "lost" ish we have a large group of people stranded and wird things happen, the eventuality of the show may be that they start off the rest of humity as it degrades into a show about rebuilding humity and the social, ehtical, and moral struggles that occur when trying to incorporate many people from varried backgrounds into a small community at at the end they work together which is noce to see, but history has told us stick a large group of people in a small space and trouble will happen.

as for the superheroes show goes i think that it may be goofy relying of special effects to propell the show to a primetime slot in a fleeting bid to get some veiwers, its just a take on such big movies such as spiderman the fantastic four and so on but bringing it to the television with a tonned down script in favour of a bizzare plot about DNA restructering and experiments that went wrong sliced up into chewable peices by mad silly episodes that are purely eye candy and have no real bearing on the story arc much like smallville.

so sure both may fail or soar, but if i had to bet (and im not a betting man) id put my divers in the post apocalyps show that shares much in the way to lost that has been a mega hit in the US and the UK as had the series "invasion" that is similar in premise about a town of people cut off and daft things go on.
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

My biggest worry with Jericho (the post apocalyptic show) is that it might turn out to be a "Nuclear mutant of the week" type show. Hope that doesn´t happen.

The biggest proplem for Heroes is likely to be the fact that all the really cool powers are already taken and if you use them in a show the character with them simply seems like a rip-off. They really need to be original in their power selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
            My biggest worry with Jericho (the post apocalyptic show) is that it might turn out to be a "Nuclear mutant of the week" type show. Hope that doesn´t happen.

The biggest proplem for Heroes is likely to be the fact that all the really cool powers are already taken and if you use them in a show the character with them simply seems like a rip-off. They really need to be original in their power selection.

selective superpowers:

1. laser beam eyes green glowing!!
            2. Cannon in the chest
            3. super strenght but a soft mind breaks down into tears every episode
            4. telepathic, makes peoples minds explode

oh wait thats a cross between X2 and futurama's atomic mutant basketbal players, but without the spiderman..........maybe he gets squashed at the second half!!
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Lol, that would make for a good spoof movie

But powers they really should stay away from IMO are:

1. Superspeed, been done to death.
              2. Stretching, also been done to death.
              3. Telepathy, just so cliché
              4. Telekinses, also clicheé
              5. Ultra super strength, it´s ok to have strength like Colossus from X-men but not in the same league as Hulk or Superman!

I know this does limit the possibilities of the series but I really feel that those are the five powers that have been used to often. But if they can use them in a completely new and different manner then I guess they would be ok.

Comment

Jerico- sounds like lost
                Heroes- sounds like X-Men

If I had powers it would be-
                1.Morph into other people
                2.Produce a shield
                3.Premination to see the Future, present, and future
                4.Ability to freeze time
                5.Read minds
                6.See through things
                7.Project thoughts

I would be a detective with a curse of these powers but uses my power to solve crimes in search of someone who could rid me of my powers because every time I have a premination it is traped in my mind make me dream about every crime I have seen. The fact is my power can be controled but when ever I touch something I see a crime that happens around it that has not been solved or person puished.
                Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                new enemy of the Ori
                At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Nowadays, it's hard to be original with superpowers. Almost anything you can think of has been done at least once. I do agree, I would try to get some different powers in the show, the only one that I would like to see is super strength. Two powers I always liked are from the Marvel Universe, control magnetic fields and turn your body into sand.

Comment

I've always enjoyed post-apocalyptic stuff, from The Stand to Mad Max to On The Beach. I like the idea of how humanity could be stripped of everything except its animalistic impluses if civilization suddenly went boom. I'd probably watch the pilot of that show.

The superhero show idea could be good, but it sounds like NBC is just trying to capitalize on the popularity of The Incredibles. Good chance for cheeziness...

Comment

They both sound good.
                      Though chest cannon has been done "Guyver"
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                        Nowadays, it's hard to be original with superpowers. Almost anything you can think of has been done at least once. I do agree, I would try to get some different powers in the show, the only one that I would like to see is super strength. Two powers I always liked are from the Marvel Universe, control magnetic fields and turn your body into sand.
                        It's true. Everything's been done but mostly becuase people want their superheroes to be really super. I'd be interetsted in more understated potentially silly talents. Like....

the ability to make people feel nauseous at will. It sounds silly but it has it's uses.

the ability to make people ignore you completely.... I think I may have this one

the ability to make people severely itchy.

superpowers in small doses can go a long way.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

hey you know what would be awesome?
                          if we didn't think about making crappy new shows, and instead leave good shows like Threshold on the air.
                          thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                            hey you know what would be awesome?
                            if we didn't think about making crappy new shows, and instead leave good shows like Threshold on the air.
                            thanks.
                            Never saw it. Don't have an opinion on it, and I would prefer the superhero show.

Comment

If the Heroes show was done like the movie Unbreakable, then it might have promise. I always thought that movie would make a great sequel or series.

If Jericho was about the town and the people in it learning to live their lives in isolation, it could be cool. Mutants and weird things would ruin it.

I'd probably check both of them out.
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Working...
                              X