PDA

View Full Version : Season Ten premiere is 'Flesh and Blood'

Darren
January 11th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Season Ten premiere is 'Flesh and Blood'

The first plot details have finally arrived for the highly-anticipated premiere of Stargate SG-1's tenth season, coming this summer to The SCI FI Channel in the U.S.! Change is in the wind for the team, as Claudia Black ("Vala Mal Doran") becomes a full-time cast member.

Written by executive producer Robert C. Cooper and directed by Will Waring, "Flesh and Blood" will go before cameras in late February when principal photography on SG-1's record-breaking tenth year begins.

Read more ... (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/01/seasontenpremiereisfleshan.shtml)

NakedJehutyV2
January 11th, 2006, 12:19 PM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/01/seasontenpremiereisfleshan.shtml

wow ori claiming the alterrans are evil. that's a new one

cuz last i remember it the alterrans don't force their people into 6 hours prayer and kill them if they don't follow origin

Calicto
January 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
What are you talking about dude?

This episode seems SICK.

Adria is literally an avatar or reincarnation of the Ori. It's more proof that they are god-like. It's pretty cool.

Imagines Vala scene:

VALA: Adria.... I am your mother...
ADRIA: Noooooooooooooooooooo....

Pretty SICK episode really. Can't wait at all. This Koselev ship seems like a Russian ship attempt.

Qasim
January 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM
wtf is all I have to say :mad:

Formerhost
January 11th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Sounds really promising :)

Lexx
January 11th, 2006, 12:32 PM
It sounds interesting to me. Heck, it sounds more interesting to me than half of the episodes so far this season, so hopefully this is a good sign.

shockwave
January 11th, 2006, 12:34 PM
sounds interesting

I also think the Kosolev is russian, I've heard about the Odyssey and the Orion, if they'd also have another one it would be too much IMO

jazz!
January 11th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I see no mention of Cam? :(
He is a lead character, right? :confused:

sounds good tho

The Signal
January 11th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Woo hoo, sounds like a damn good ep IMO

shockwave
January 11th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I see no mention of Cam? :(
He is a lead character, right? :confused:

sounds good tho
more spoilers:
http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2256
cam is mentionned here

At least there won't be a search for the baby crap storyline

Ancient 61
January 11th, 2006, 12:43 PM
It sounds like a very interesting episode. I hope that it lives up to the preview. :) :) :) :) :)
Joanne

Mattathias2.0
January 11th, 2006, 12:49 PM
This sounds awesome! Reminds me very much of the Harsesis child plotline.

Mattathias

Lord You
January 11th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I liked that storyline! Daniel is always looking for something... In fact, Adria seems to be what Sifu would have been if Oma didn't repress his memories. I wonder if Adria will have his memory wiped too.

NakedJehutyV2
January 11th, 2006, 12:59 PM

cuz last i remember it the alterrans don't force their people and kill them if they don't

JeBuSBrian
January 11th, 2006, 12:59 PM
The 'Children of the Gods' theme is always interesting, so I'm looking forward to that. The part I'm worried about is how this motherhood bit will affect the fun relationship between Vala and Daniel that I quite enjoyed. Will this make Vala more serious? I hope not, because I think the best part of the Vala character is the irreverence we've seen til now.

Blitz
January 11th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Personally I think it sounds great, + Can kinda see why the Ori would force their people to follow them if they ACTUALLY did believe the Alterrans were doing that...I understand what I meant O_o

Taonas
January 11th, 2006, 01:10 PM
The 'Children of the Gods' theme is always interesting, so I'm looking forward to that. The part I'm worried about is how this motherhood bit will affect the fun relationship between Vala and Daniel that I quite enjoyed. Will this make Vala more serious? I hope not, because I think the best part of the Vala character is the irreverence we've seen til now.
Well, one thing that they (the producers and cast) made abudantly clear is that Vala will be toned down for Season Ten.

Dutch_Razor
January 11th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I did.

Korelev seems like a Russian ship!

NakedJehutyV2
January 11th, 2006, 01:15 PM
yeah seems like the russians made some ships too. sweet but i doubt the asgard gave them shields and such

Mattathias2.0
January 11th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Well, one thing that they (the producers and cast) made abudantly clear is that Vala will be toned down for Season Ten.

Landry's orders? LOL

Mattathias

Wraith_Hunter
January 11th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Personally I think it sounds great, + Can kinda see why the Ori would force their people to follow them if they ACTUALLY did believe the Alterrans were doing that...I understand what I meant O_o

I must admit, this ep sounds pretty good. Can't wait to watch it in July! Only 6 months to go.

Korelev an Earth ship. It sounds like a Russian ship because that was the name of a Soviet Union Lunar mission a while back. It seems to have good hyperdrives, if it allowed DJ to intercept an Ori ship on the other side of the galaxy. Wonder if it's the same on that Daedalus has. Can't see the SGC giving them Asgard & other tech that was developed after 'Disclosure'. It probably has the same stuff that Prometheus initially did when it came into service.

Only disappointing thing, is to hear about the Odyssey getting it's ass kicked again. More than likely as a result of having continued crappy weapons. When will they give them some form of energy weapons.

Wraith_Hunter
January 11th, 2006, 01:25 PM
The only thing about the child, is that it reminds me a bit of what happened in 'Angel', with Cordy's child. What needs to be done is have Vala put her over a chair & smack the Ori nonsense out of her ass.

michelleb
January 11th, 2006, 01:34 PM
The whole Vala and baby thing reminds me of Robin and Elizabeth in V...where Robin's child, Elizabeth was part alien and part human and grew astonishingly fast (cos babies are boring!) and had amazing powers and eventually saved the earth from the aliens? I just hope Vala doesn't get all motherly and goo-goo eyed about her kid, cos that would be a bit dull

Butterfly-Dreamer
January 11th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Sounds great so far.
I really like the whole idea od Adria.
Are the ancients evil? or are the ori evil? or are the whole damn lot of them just bad to the core? Maybe all of our alies will turn out to be evil, the Asgard included.

I want to see a war! A war between ascended beings.
I really want to see some sort of stand-off between Adria and Shifu though. Thant would be cool to have him back.

Just my 2 cents.

Buy.

BigGator5
January 11th, 2006, 01:38 PM
The only thing about the child, is that it reminds me a bit of what happened in 'Angel', with Cordy's child. What needs to be done is have Vala put her over a chair & smack the Ori nonsense out of her ass.

I would like to see her try! It would be just like to do it! :vala:

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 11th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I think... I think this episode will be amazing for Daniel and Vala's character development, as well as simply amazing in general. It has three layers of stories, all of which will converge - Adria, the Lucian Alliance, the assault on Earth and the assault on Chulak. It will likely be one of the darkest SG-1 episodes ever done. Or at least, that's what I forsee.

Technician
January 11th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I knew Vala's child would be an Ori incarnate.

The claim that the Ancients want to destroy the Ori is an interesting one that could possibly add another dimension to the Ancient-Ori conflict. There are many people on our own planet who would like religion to be eliminated. Perhaps the Ancients tried to eradicate religion on their world, all in the name of science and reason?

NakedJehutyV2
January 11th, 2006, 02:04 PM
gonna be awesome

BigGator5
January 11th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I guess anyone coming here, wants to be spoiled anyway!

Who here want's to see, Shifu (http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/links/shifu.shtml) vs Adria (Vala's Daughter and Ori Oracle) in the finial showdown?! Avatars for the Ancients and Ori fight on the mortal plane for the fate of the universe!!

Who said he has ascended? Oma may have just taken him to another world, much like she did when he was a baby. Shifu may very well be training at this time for the coming battle!

Blitz
January 11th, 2006, 02:23 PM
For me: for some reason that would kinda suck -

I like the fact its not Sg-1 saving the day. But the Harcesis idea kinda, blehs. :)

Blitz

BTW - ur thread title is kinda misleading, kinda points to the Harcesis actually being back, :ford:

BigGator5
January 11th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I like the fact its not SG-1 saving the day. But the Harcesis idea kinda, blehs. :)

My take on this, was why was Oma raising Shifu in the first place? Maybe the Ancients knew of the coming of the Ori's Oracle and choose him as their champion, to combat him/her.

Iguana775
January 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Sounds like it could be very interesting.

talyn2k1
January 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Korelev an Earth ship. It sounds like a Russian ship because that was the name of a Soviet Union Lunar mission a while back. It seems to have good hyperdrives, if it allowed DJ to intercept an Ori ship on the other side of the galaxy. Wonder if it's the same on that Daedalus has. Can't see the SGC giving them Asgard & other tech that was developed after 'Disclosure'. It probably has the same stuff that Prometheus initially did when it came into service.

Only disappointing thing, is to hear about the Odyssey getting it's ass kicked again. More than likely as a result of having continued crappy weapons. When will they give them some form of energy weapons.

I doubt the SGC would have much choice but to give the Russians any tech that they had themselves. The SGC is overseen by an international commitee and all tech used in the ships would have to be shared with the US' allies. Whether there is an Asgard aboard depends on whether or not they agreed to work with the Russians and/or if the Russian and US shipbuilding programs are full/part joint venture.
It also depends on whether or not the Asgard hyperdrives, etc on board are actual Asgard units or if they are constructed from Earth tech using an Asgard design (in a similar manner to the generator of Ancient design that O`Neill built in 'The Fifth Race') and are referred to as Asgard units because they follow one of their designs and they helped us build them. Seems like quite a risk relying on another race for your ships' shields, beams, and hyperdrive, even if it is the Asgard.

Either way, it makes sense for the Russians to be building their own ships. They have the plans for Prommie/Daedalus but they didn't incur any of the R 'n' D costs so the actual cost in money to them would be alot less than the US.
So current ship count:
Prometheus - (SPOILERS for "Ethon" ....) Destroyed in 'Ethon'
Daedalus - Making trips between Earth and Atlantis.
Orion - This ship is rumoured to be in SGA more, so probably same as above.
Odyssey - SG-1's new Daedalus-class ship.
Korolev - Russian ship. Unknown design. It will probably be either Prometheus/Daedalus layout, possibly new design if they can afford the VFX.

Earth is building up a pretty impressive ship count. Although it does seem odd to have 2 ships in SGA but only 1 in SG-1, you'd think they'd want more resource defending Earth!

Definitely looking forward to S10 now, looks like it might continue the trend of changing the SG-1 universe forever, set by S9 of course.

Wass
January 11th, 2006, 03:03 PM
sounds interesting

I also think the Kosolev is russian, I've heard about the Odyssey and the Orion, if they'd also have another one it would be too much IMO

It is indeed Russian the name Koselev is named after Russian engineer Sergei Pavlovich Korelev many regarded him to be one of father of Russian rocket program.This is the man who designed and built the rocket that put first satellite in space and the first human in space.

Read more about him here.
http://www.asss.utvinternet.com/articles1/thechiefdesigner.htm

Johnquixote
January 11th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Priors, Doci, and Oracles oh my!

I love the Ori, great enemies in my opinion.

Season Ten premiere sounds flippin awesome.

jonno
January 11th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I was a bit worried about season 10, because i haven't yet been completely sold on the Vala character. Now however, she has a serious storyline to go at, and it gives her a reason to join SG-1 (a bit like Daniels search for Shau'ri after COTG). As there seems to be a proper solid reason to be there, i'm now looking forward to season 10. :vala09:

Can't wait for October (darn, why oh why so long!)

That episode really does look awesome.

Johnquixote
January 11th, 2006, 03:30 PM
I was a bit worried about season 10, because i haven't yet been completely sold on the Vala character. Now however, she has a serious storyline to go at, and it gives her a reason to join SG-1 (a bit like Daniels search for Shau'ri after COTG). As there seems to be a proper solid reason to be there, i'm now looking forward to season 10. :vala09:

Can't wait for October (darn, why oh why so long!)

That episode really does look awesome.
I always knew Vala had an honorable side to her, or maybe its was just the Aeryn Sun character that can't be forgotten.

ckwongau
January 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Season 10 premiere spoiler

I just find the spoiler from
http://gateworld.net/news/2006/01/seasontenpremiereisfleshan.shtml

which also contains some spoiler for S9 finale

spoiler
Highlight the following
After becoming pregnant while in the Ori's home galaxy ("Crusade"), Vala gives birth to her miracle child. But no one can predict the astonishing -- and dangerous -- being that is brought into the world.

Adria, Vala's child, is by all appearances a normal human child. But in truth, the girl is a genetically engineered, human-form Ori. She grows rapidly, aging years in a matter of hours (up to about age 12). She is not "possessed" by an ascended Ori, but is rather the human manifestation (with mortal limitations) of what the Ori are.

[mod snip - please do not reprint entire articles]

I can't wait for S10, if it is as good as the spoiler said[
And
Spoiler
So we may see another Earth ship Korelev in the S9 finale, but too bad it probaby get destory.And Ori fleet reach Milkyway

Johnquixote
January 11th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Season 10 premiere spoiler

I just find the spoiler from
http://gateworld.net/news/2006/01/seasontenpremiereisfleshan.shtml

which also contains some spoiler for S9 finale

spoiler
Highlight the following
After becoming pregnant while in the Ori's home galaxy ("Crusade"), Vala gives birth to her miracle child. But no one can predict the astonishing -- and dangerous -- being that is brought into the world.

Adria, Vala's child, is by all appearances a normal human child. But in truth, the girl is a genetically engineered, human-form Ori. She grows rapidly, aging years in a matter of hours (up to about age 12). She is not "possessed" by an ascended Ori, but is rather the human manifestation (with mortal limitations) of what the Ori are.

[mod snip]

I can't wait for S10, if it is as good as the spoiler said[
And
Spoiler
So we may see another Earth ship Korelev in the S9 finale, but too bad it probaby get destory.And Ori fleet reach Milkyway
You do know there is a Season 10 board?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I've started daydreaming the ep. Jack and Jonas are in it.

the dancer of spaz
January 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I'm speechless really.

And not in a good way.

I'll try to reserve judgment until we get closer to the premiere date, but as it is, it would seem that several, SEVERAL fans called this creative choice (though I hadn't had the foresight to jump on that bandwagon, I had hoped for the best), which I believe says a whole heck of a lot about how utterly cliched it sounds.

But... reserving judgment...

prion
January 11th, 2006, 03:53 PM

cuz last i remember it the alterrans don't force their people into 6 hours prayer and kill them if they don't follow origin

Actually, the Ori already implied the Ancients were the bad guys in that one episode, um, Fourth Horsemen part 2, as I recall.

Johnquixote
January 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Actually, the Ori already implied the Ancients were the bad guys in that one episode, um, Fourth Horsemen part 2, as I recall.
Actually we knew that in Origin.

binkpmmc
January 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM
OMFG!!! and not in a good way. Carrying on the tradition started with Vala ---- cliches will abound and they are just full of surprises - hah - that's a joke. Whoever didn't see this coming the second they announced the baby . . . . I wonder if Lucy Lawless and the blonde that palyed Gabrielle will be making guest appearances. It would be neat if they included Joxer as well, then again maybe Mitchell could be Joxer. It seems that if they do take this down the sci-fi campy road that they are going they will indeed get their new audience.

From intelligent well-written drama to sci-fi camp cliches. Talk about reinvention. Robert Cooper should be very proud - bah! You know, barring a few eps in S9 that I will likely watch it is time to take up those who keep saying if you don't like it don't watch - my God this sounds so bad I will indeed stop watching there is no reason to keep watching in the hope that things will fix themselves and the well written intelligent drama will return in place of this sci-fi cheesy campy cliche ridden melodrama of a soap opera. These spoilers have ripped that little bit of hope that came with the announcement of a S10 right out.

BTW - to all of those who keep saying if you don't like it don't watch - careful what you wish for. Look around all of the forums - if all of the people who don't like it or were holding out hope do decide to stop watching . . . .

Johnquixote
January 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I've started daydreaming the ep. Jack and Jonas are in it.
whered you hear that?

Johnquixote
January 11th, 2006, 04:11 PM
What are you talking about dude?

This episode seems SICK.

Adria is literally an avatar or reincarnation of the Ori. It's more proof that they are god-like. It's pretty cool.

Imagines Vala scene:

VALA: Adria.... I am your mother...
ADRIA: Noooooooooooooooooooo....

Pretty SICK episode really. Can't wait at all. This Koselev ship seems like a Russian ship attempt.
How does sick work as a positive word?
I was okay with "bad" and "nasty" but I don't get it. Is SICK an acronym?

JeBuSBrian
January 11th, 2006, 04:45 PM

LOL, usually I only hear 'sick' from skaters, potheads, and Californians :P

Wraith_Hunter
January 11th, 2006, 05:33 PM
If you check above, you will see that this has already been posten in another thread!

Eoin
January 11th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Cool, thanks ckwongau, this is the first time i heard this spoiler info :)

NakedJehutyV2
January 11th, 2006, 06:01 PM

and in flesh in blood it's worsened

btw only potheads say sick.

AKnightWhoSaysNi
January 11th, 2006, 06:08 PM
ummm anyone else see how incredibly bible like this is....

valas "merical pregnancy"
her child is "the oracle of the ori religion"

its like her child is the baby jesus of ori religion...

But more earth ships is a big +!!!

AGateFan
January 11th, 2006, 06:13 PM

Sounds more like Gabriele’s baby who was supposed to be the destroyer of the Greek gods in Xena.

Skydiver
January 11th, 2006, 06:25 PM
How about we keep all the discussion about Flesh and blood in this one thread huh?

Three have been merged so far and as we come across more, we'll merge them.

also, now that we have a season 10 area, we need to keep the season 10 discussion to a minimum in the season 9 arean

there are always overlaps given the continuing nature of the arcs, but let's see if we can all work together to keep things neat and tidy huh?

Agent_Dark
January 11th, 2006, 06:26 PM
lol never heard the term 'Fully Sick'? :P Showing your age perhaps? :P

I'm a bit worried about these spoilers. As others have said, the whole child thing is campy. It will take some great and innovative writing to pull it off. Which is why I dont think it will work on Stargate.

Also, new ships are cool and all that, but the move away from the actual Stargate itself (you know, the big round thing that the show is named after...) to flashy ships and cool vfx is getting slightly annoying. Every sci-fi show has cool ships. None have stargates. Perhaps they should be using the very thing that kinda sets Stargate apart?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 11th, 2006, 07:07 PM
whered you hear that?
no where, it's called a DAYDREAM, and i can pick whoever i want to be in the ep.

BigGator5
January 11th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I will like to state, that a thread about a return of a character does not fit in with a thread about an episode. :mckay:

Agent_Dark
January 11th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I will like to state, that a thread about a return of a character does not fit in with a thread about an episode. :mckay:
Right... So the fact that it happens in this episode is completely irrelevant?

BigGator5
January 11th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Right... So the fact that it happens in this episode is completely irrelevant?

No, the thread had nothing to with "Flesh and Blood". Did I even mention the episode while taking about the Harcesis Child?

NO! I am so pissed, I can't see stright.

Agent_Dark
January 11th, 2006, 07:37 PM
No, the thread had nothing to with "Flesh and Blood". Did I even mention the episode while taking about the Harcesis Child?

NO! I am so pissed, I can't see stright.
Uhh, ok... Maybe you should go lie down then...

creed462
January 11th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Sounds good,The Ori need to learn that the proof is in their actions not their words though

keshou
January 11th, 2006, 07:50 PM
In all honesty, I've just about given up trying to evaluate spoilers. My usual reaction these days is "huh". ;) :)

I'm just along for the ride at this point and if they come up with something that entertains me for an hour, Great! If not....well, I'm usually entertained by one of the other two shows on Friday night.

Having said that I'm probably more concerned about the whole uber-baby plotline than the prospect of inserting Vala into the show as a regular - at least she's not boring. Annoying at times? Yes. Cringeworthy at times? Yes. But not boring. But this superalienbaby thing......well I've rarely seen a show that deals with it well. Especially as a main plot point.

Maybe RCC will find a way to pull it off...we'll see. :vala:

LORD MONK
January 11th, 2006, 07:56 PM

Yes, I see it. It can also be related to other religons. Baby Jesus isn't just a Christain thing and you can also change the name to something else.

I want to see were they are going with this. I know they will make me happy because they always manage to.

More ships to. That's cool. I'd like two or three of them a season and nothing but stargate in between.

BigGator5
January 11th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Uhh, ok... Maybe you should go lie down then...

I'll just repost the thread when a couple of weeks have gone by...

JanusAncient
January 11th, 2006, 08:46 PM
This is a great plotline, why else would the Ancients continue to seed life in new galaxies, like I said in another thread I donot believe the Ancients side of the story. We know that in Pegasus the Ancients were worshipped before their departure, in the Milky Way many people still worship the Ancients. Are the Ori even human, I want to know what one Actually looks like, it would make sense that the Ancients actually left, because they had unleashed a plague, intending for it to destroy the Ori. I don't care what people say, the Ancients are not the cupcakes that they pretend to be.

LORD MONK
January 11th, 2006, 09:22 PM
But the Ancients now about us and they don't make us worship them.

Dannygirl
January 11th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Um, actually, it was never stated the Ancients posed as Gods in the Pegasus G. On the contrary, if they were considered Gods, they would not be refered to as the ancestors by the peoples there since ancestors implies lineage, not Godliness. Atlantis has never shown the peoples worshipping anything Ancient wise...though there was the "Sanctuary" epi. Personally, the Ori are yet again lying through their teeth. Either that or they are so completely paranoid with the Ancients situation that they actually do believe they are good and the Ancients are evil and tried to kill them.
Yes, the child storyline is campy, but given CB's pregnancy there's not much to be done. Yes, TPTB could've waited to reintroduce her into the story after the birth but they didn't so... I also say Harsesis vs. Adria. They wouldnt even need the same actor for Shifu since it's been 6 years. It would also be an excellent way to continue Shifu's storyline and not leave it hanging. Not to mention others like the Nox. They're partially ascended right?
What would also be cool is if they didn't resolve this immediate battle storyline w/i 2 parts like they normally do. Just keep it going for awhile thoughout 10. We could win some of the the battles and then loose others. Also, as many have suggested, to see the ascension battle. What would that consist of? Massive supernova here or there, a solar system gone suddenly because it was demolished, etc. The possibilities are endless. :)

aAnubiSs
January 11th, 2006, 11:04 PM
What I find interesting is the whole concept that we have no way to truly figure out which of the two ascended societies are telling the truth,

Also, sounds like there's too much in this episode. Should've made it a 3-parter ;)

the dancer of spaz
January 11th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I'll just repost the thread when a couple of weeks have gone by...

Yes, and we'll all do our very best to ignore your drivel then, too. ;)

majorsal
January 11th, 2006, 11:50 PM
okay, i've read the spoilers. i don't care for them. but i'd like to know what everything thinks will 'come' from these developements? meaning, what do you think the rest of the season will be about?

*dreading the return of vala and all that that encompasses*

sally :)

the fifth man
January 12th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Personally, I think this ep sounds pretty good. Spoilers can always be a bit tricky, but I'm smiling so far.:) It is nice to know, however, that the whole Vala baby thing will progress pretty fast. I was hoping tptb wouldn't drag it out too long. I wonder how it will all turn out in this one?

Hatcheter
January 12th, 2006, 01:10 AM
BTW - to all of those who keep saying if you don't like it don't watch - careful what you wish for. Look around all of the forums - if all of the people who don't like it or were holding out hope do decide to stop watching . . . .

...there may be three or four dozen fewer viewers. :p If y'all do stop watching, does that mean you'll stop posting negativity, as well?

These spoilers sound interesting to me. This little bit of info obviously puts a lot of options on the table for the writers. I'm certainly eager to see where it goes.

AGateFan
January 12th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Wow, I must know all of them then. Because about 90% of the Stargate fans I have been talking to in real life (though maybe not quite as upset as me) feel that the show has lost "it".

I think this episode, the plot itself, sounds aweful. Really, really aweful. I have seen this plotline already on other shows. I didnt find it entertaining on those shows and I was watching those shows for sillyness and camp. Stargate is\was better then this.

Pamplemousse of France
January 12th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I'm very satisfied about these spoilers, especially for the Korolev which means a least one other nation has ships, I'm still hoping for a French ship one day or another.

I'm happy that the Orii say the Ancients wanted to destroy them and that they created life in the Milky Way to have more power. I was afraid the Ancient/Orii situation turn like a Cold War cliché (good Ancients vs bad Orii). This new fact give more depth (profondeur ?) to the show.

dutchmega
January 12th, 2006, 03:20 AM
OMG... I cannot say more... (well, I can...)
Ori, Vala's child, invasion, spaceships and galactic problems: GREAT!

Adria is genetically engineered, so I'll guess she is a hok'taur (advanced human) with all the knowlegde of the Ori. This is a great episode for Claudia's acting skills, because it should be hard to see that your own daughter is gonna kill a lot of people.

Also we can see Ori ships, almost/more advanced as the spaceships of the Ancients. I don't think the Ancients are the real evil beings... Daniel did hang out with them for a while and we all know he wouldn't tolerate such actions of the others. Adria probably doesn't have immediate connect with the (real ascended) Ori and is brainwashed like the Priors.

And finally, the Lucian Alliance is getting angry at the Tauri.... The Odyssey has better shields (but sucky weapons like Daedalus?) so the only reason why it's damaged: There should be A LOT of enemy motherships.

And of course, I'm very curious what for ship the Korelev is. Probably it's a Russian Daedalus-class ship but I don't see the point.. (we can also put mixed nationalities at ships like in Atlantis?)

Pamplemousse of France
January 12th, 2006, 03:24 AM
(we can also put mixed nationalities at ships like in Atlantis?)

Atlantis is a civilian expedition, Earth ships are military. I don't know if they would do that.

BoneCollector
January 12th, 2006, 03:26 AM
About worshiping the Ancients in Pegasus: In "Thor's Hammer" (i hope the spelling is correct) people worshipped Thor. Also, we see that almost all the planets (and see Gerak for that matter, too), seeing the Ori power and believing thier promises (of ascension), agree to worship them, and see them as Gods... So i think is quite normal for primitive populations to consider evolved races as Gods (or "closest thing to a God")

But from that, we can't draw the conclusion that the Ancients forced anyone to worship them. After all, they weren't even ascended, when they were in Pegasus, right?

And about the episode: i can't wait. I think the plot is quite promissing. ;)

dutchmega
January 12th, 2006, 03:28 AM
I just realise something... In Morpheus there would be a relevation so we could trust Vala. Flesh and Blood & Morpheus are probably a two-parter. Vala wants to join the SGC to "save" her child...

Atlantis is a civilian expedition, Earth ships are military. I don't know if they would do that.
True but the Russians first wanted also a Russian at SG-1. Then he must obey USAF..

leaper
January 12th, 2006, 04:58 AM
lol never heard the term 'Fully Sick'? :P Showing your age perhaps? :P

The Thorpie ads probably don't show where they are...

Piratejenna
January 12th, 2006, 05:01 AM
I just realise something... In Morpheus there would be a relevation so we could trust Vala. Flesh and Blood & Morpheus are probably a two-parter. Vala wants to join the SGC to "save" her child...
I really hope that's not the direction they take. I don't want to see Vala 'redeemed' because she's discovered maternal love! It would be a cop-out - as though TPTB were trying to make her acceptable to people who hate Vala because she's not a suitable role model or morally good person. It would betray those of us who fell in love with her BECAUSE she's amorally selfish and crazy and unpredictable. It's also psychologically implausible. Vala didn't want this child. The Ori implanted her against her will. They've used Vala's body in much the same way that the Goa'uld used her - as a Host. And the child sounds more Rosemary's Baby than Little Bundle of Joy. So at the very least, Vala's feelings should be very ambivalent - the way a woman feels when she bears a child as the result of rape. There may be some instinctive feelings of love, but also feelings of anger and resentment and trauma.

All the other SG-1 folks act out of honorable motives - e.g. to find Sha're, to fight for freedom and the American way of life, yadda yadda. For once TPTB have a chance to develop a more ambivalent character with mixed motives. I'd like to see Vala acting out of anger and revenge against the Ori, rather than some honorable baby-quest. And also acting out of a sense of 'nothing left to lose' - she can't go back to her life as a galactic free-trader because all her safe-havens are in danger from the Ori - so the only way she can reclaim her life is to fight back. That would be a semi-heroic and psychologically understandable arc which still preserves the qualities which make Vala such an interesting and unique character in the Stargate universe.

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 05:17 AM
I also say Harsesis vs. Adria. They wouldnt even need the same actor for Shifu since it's been 6 years. It would also be an excellent way to continue Shifu's storyline and not leave it hanging.

Even though it has nothing to do with the episode (my idea was a completely different thread and the mods HAD to stick their noses deciding it was about this episode), I thought so too.

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Yes, and we'll all do our very best to ignore your drivel then, too. ;)

Your going to be the first person on my ignore list. Good-bye...

the dancer of spaz
January 12th, 2006, 09:01 AM
OK, I've edited the off-topic post. ;) Sorry Darren. :p

QUESTION: Will this be a two-parter like the season premieres have been in the past?

Darren
January 12th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Back on topic, please. Any more off-topic posts in this thread will be deleted.

Thanks!

immhotep
January 12th, 2006, 10:34 AM
ive just seen this...dam i missed it! wow this episdoe sounds like its going to one of the most exicting episodes of SG yet...i m loving the new 'show' even more, just keeps getting better and better.
im not going to repost all the comments because its pretty pointless after 5 pages, but wow what an episode its likely to be! bring on S10.

mindfire
January 12th, 2006, 10:35 AM
After reading the spoilers I'm going to enjoy this episode and hopefully the rest of season 10.

Now all that's left for me is the wait

ThomasDM
January 12th, 2006, 10:55 AM
These spoilers are very interesting.

I'm wondering whether the Ancients are really the evil guys (which would be weird as people like Oma or the Ancients from Atlantis seem quite nice) - or are the Orii trying to deceive us?

the dancer of spaz
January 12th, 2006, 11:01 AM
These spoilers are very interesting.

I'm wondering whether the Ancients are really the evil guys (which would be weird as people like Oma or the Ancients from Atlantis seem quite nice) - or are the Orii trying to deceive us?

I think the Ori(i?) are no good, and I always thought that the Ancients were just benevolently oblivious. And I'm sure (at one point during the series) they were just gonna be that. Now, however, if the Ancients ARE going evil, then maybe the two sides will just duke it out and destroy each other... Along with the rest of the universe...

Someone had a theory of HOW Daniel could go to the darkside thanks to his ties to Oma, and this seems like the perfect opportunity...

jazz!
January 12th, 2006, 11:39 AM
I doubt ( and hope ) the Ancients are the bad ones...

.....FCOL...they'd never be in an Alliance with the NOX , of all people, if there was even a marginal shread of baddnessss in their veins.....

...Tho there is more than likely a huge cool backstory regarding the spliting of factions of the Alterran Society........and the 2 parties have different interpretations of the events

Dani347
January 12th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Someone had a theory of HOW Daniel could go to the darkside thanks to his ties to Oma, and this seems like the perfect opportunity...
NO, NO, NO! Getting darker, adding shades, showing a struggle to be good, but ultimately being good, I'm all for. But, going to the darkside sounds like becoming bad. It doesn't sound like fighting your human faults and triumphing. It sounds like you've gone over to the bad side. A darker Daniel that maintains his goodness, his decency, everything that makes him Daniel? Fine. And, to see him maintain that along with the difficulties, to see that the difficulties are there, outer and inner, I'm all for? Daniel actually going to the darkside? NO!!!! It could very well be a deal breaker for me.

the dancer of spaz
January 12th, 2006, 12:57 PM
NO, NO, NO! Getting darker, adding shades, showing a struggle to be good, but ultimately being good, I'm all for. But, going to the darkside sounds like becoming bad. It doesn't sound like fighting your human faults and triumphing. It sounds like you've gone over to the bad side. A darker Daniel that maintains his goodness, his decency, everything that makes him Daniel? Fine. And, to see him maintain that along with the difficulties, to see that the difficulties are there, outer and inner, I'm all for? Daniel actually going to the darkside? NO!!!! It could very well be a deal breaker for me.

I'm totally with you on that. No Darth Daniel, dang it! :(

But... it seems like TPTB like to take us from one extreme to another. So, as a result, I'm bracing myself for an unnatural-180 for Vala and Daniel thanks to the new addition to the cast. It's really negative of me, and I thought I could reserve judgement but I just. Can't. Do it.

The Signal
January 12th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Im all for Daniel becoming darker and i think that the storyline calls for it. But to see him turn 100% dark may ruin his character, unless it is written VERY well

Johnquixote
January 12th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I have full confidence in the scriptwriting, I like the title Oracle, now I'm just really hoping they find an excellent actress to play the character over the next few seasons. SG-1 needs a recurring villian character at the head of the Ori, the Doci doesn't get enough screentime.

LaCroix
January 12th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Here's something that I posted over at Sony:

But does Daniel allow Sha're's child Shifu(the one he promised to protect), to be killed by Vala's child. If I remember correctly Shifu is currently living /ascended Acients himself.

Does he sacrifice one for the other?

If what Orlin said is true and that the Ori are going to destroy all the Acients in this galaxy.

Is this Daniel's slide into the Darkside? Only time will tell.

LORD MONK
January 12th, 2006, 06:42 PM
sounds good to me.

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Here's something that I posted over at Sony:

But does Daniel allow Sha're's child Shifu (the one he promised to protect), to be killed by Vala's child. If I remember correctly Shifu is currently living/ascended Acient himself.

I don't think Shifu is an Acient himself. He was way too young and he didn't die.

This is why I submitted my idea about Shifu coming back and being champion of the Acients to battle Adria. Thank you for mentioning that vow that Daniel made. I mean, there are so many story ideas that can happen between him battling the Priors, Adria, and Daniel trying to stop him. Maybe this will free up SG-1 to do more "Stargate" episodes (as some of you described it) where they head out on the Stargate to check out a world.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 12th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Your going to be the first person on my ignore list. Good-bye...
What I'm not the first person on your ignore list (I assumed I was), weird, is it because you actually what to read what I post.

Im all for Daniel becoming darker and i think that the storyline calls for it. But to see him turn 100% dark may ruin his character, unless it is written VERY well
Yeah, second that, I think it would be interesting to see a dark Daniel for at least an ep or two.

Osiris-RA
January 12th, 2006, 07:07 PM
"After becoming pregnant while in the Ori's home galaxy ("Crusade"), Vala gives birth to her miracle child. But no one can predict the astonishing -- and dangerous -- being that is brought into the world."

*gasp*

"But in truth, the girl is a genetically engineered, human-form Ori."

*gasp, gasp* NO! Really?? Get out!

"The girl is an oracle, programmed with the knowledge of her race -- and with their power, destined to lead the Ori on a campaign for galactic domination."

You're kidding! Daymn! Never saw THAT one coming! :rolleyes:

So, any chance of them bringing Dark Angel back?

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 07:11 PM
What I'm not the first person on your ignore list (I assumed I was), weird, is it because you actually what to read what I post.

No, I havn't red you for all those threads you created in your sig. Thanks for keeping track of them for me, by the way. Once I do, I will.

I like the Dark Daniel idea. I mean, Atlantis has been doing a great job with the Dark Ford storyline.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
http://www.geocities.com/sotto-voce/pancake_bunny.jpg

The Dark-Ford storyline was good in "The Lost Boys," but "The Hive" sucked.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I like the Dark Daniel idea. I mean, Atlantis has been doing a great job with the Dark Ford storyline.
I like Dark Ford, however I somewhat miss Normal Ford because of this cool sense of humor (like calling the Jumper, GateShipOne from Rising Part 2).

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 12th, 2006, 07:19 PM
The Dark-Ford storyline was good in "The Lost Boys," but "The Hive" sucked.
No it didn't, The Hive was awesome, it had cool Visual Effects and I smell an Emmy nomination for the ep (visual effects category).

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I like Dark Ford, however I somewhat miss Normal Ford because of this cool sense of humor (like calling the Jumper, GateShipOne from Rising Part 2).

That is why I think his storyline has been handle greatly, not only the writers but by Rainbow Francks as well. There is a difference between 'Normal' Ford and 'Dark' Ford.

binkpmmc
January 12th, 2006, 07:32 PM
[/spoiler]

*gasp*

*gasp, gasp* NO! Really?? Get out!

You're kidding! Daymn! Never saw THAT one coming! :rolleyes:

I know - isn't IT great!! The spoiler is soo right when it says "no one can predict the astonishing -- and dangerous -- being". I was sooo surprised when I read this, especially the part about it being genetically engineered human-form Ori, it really really got me, especially since it has NEVER been done before (can you say Replicarter, Fifth or Hope?). OOOOOOhhhh I'm just positively tingly with anticipation.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 12th, 2006, 07:41 PM
I know - isn't IT great!! The spoiler is soo right when it says "no one can predict the astonishing -- and dangerous -- being". I was sooo surprised when I read this, especially the part about it being genetically engineered human-form Ori, it really really got me, especially since it has NEVER been done before (can you say Replicarter, Fifth or Hope?). OOOOOOhhhh I'm just positively tingly with anticipation.
Yeah, and it totally screwed up the daydream I had when I read the description for the ep. Well at least now I have something to fall back on when I redo my daydreams for "Flesh and Blood."

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 07:45 PM

The sarcasm is strong with you, young binkpmmc....

It does not suit you...

binkpmmc
January 12th, 2006, 08:17 PM
The sarcasm is strong with you, young binkpmmc....

It does not suit you...

Funny most people who actually KNOW me love my sarcastic wit - too bad you don't know me which pretty much puts you out of the running to have any right whatsoever to be making ANY type of personal comments about me. Keep your personal comments to yourself, bigguy.

Oh and BTW the thread is about the "Season Ten premiere "Flesh and Blood" so if I am discussing the episode spoilers I can pretty much say whatever I want about it. I am also free to express my opionions in any form I choose. I see no rule stating sarcasm not allowed. Sometimes, with the way the show is going and the way these spoilers sound, sarcasm fits best and these spoilers are a perfect example of where sarcasm fits perfectly.

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I am not saying that it doesn't fit, I just think you can do without it. We know from your Anti-S10 posts, that you do not like this summary of this episode. If don't like it, say so and move on.

jash
January 12th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I just read the the little bit posted about Flesh and Blood and it sound really interesting. From what they let out so far it makes you think, who's really right the Ancients or the Ori?

rhade
January 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM
About the Ancients being Evil. I think that during their long history early in their development that they would be like us and have many divisions and factions. What drove scientific progress in our history often war was a major factor in technological development. So I think that the conflict with the Orii could of started between the major sides and that some of the Ancients left but from the perspective of the Orii if it was the Ancients who started it of course they would feel that the Ancients were the evil ones even though through their evolution to modern day the sided have been flipped. This episode sounds really interesting and I can't waitto see what direction they take.

BigGator5
January 12th, 2006, 09:45 PM
It's ORI!!!!!!!!!! Not "Orii"!!!!!!!

How many times have we spelled Ori in this thread and you not see it???

StarzSkyMoon
January 12th, 2006, 09:51 PM
It's ORI!!!!!!!!!! Not "Orii"!!!!!!!

How many times have we spelled Ori in this thread and you not see it??? Woah, come down... its ok. We all make spelling mistakes, and i dont think it is worth making an issue out of. :)

:cool: Lizbeth

darman
January 12th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I doubt ( and hope ) the Ancients are the bad ones...

.....FCOL...they'd never be in an Alliance with the NOX , of all people, if there was even a marginal shread of baddnessss in their veins.....

Maybe...but I don't think Nox would really care what Ancients do as long they didn't include Nox in any violent act. They would probably behave same way as with the humans. Nox think of us as their friends, but we still kill whether for offense or defense.

Oh by the way. This could be a good way to bring Nox back into picture, because Ori are more powerful than them and their usual tricks to avoid actual fighting wouldn't work anymore.

NotAscended
January 12th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Maybe...but I don't think Nox would really care what Ancients do as long they didn't include Nox in any violent act. They would probably behave same way as with the humans. Nox think of us as their friends, but we still kill whether for offense or defense.

Oh by the way. This could be a good way to bring Nox back into picture, because Ori are more powerful than them and their usual tricks to avoid actual fighting wouldn't work anymore.

Actually, I think that while the Nox think modern humans have potential, they clearly didn't want to make an alliance with Earth. It was more "don't call us, we'll call you when you get your act together in a few millenia." So, I think the fact that the Ancients were in an alliance with the Nox with the other advanced races suggests that the Ancients weren't up to any obvious evil-doing when they came to the Milky Way.

Still, would love to see the Nox return, if only out of a desire to protect humans just as they felt a need to protect the creature on their planet being hunted by the Gouald.

JedI Master of the Gate
January 13th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Neither of them, their both jerks!

The Ori Kill people for not worshiping them.

The Ancients Kill people because they made a mistake, or to teach one of their own a leason

FallenAngelII
January 13th, 2006, 06:11 AM
The Ascended Ancients have never, as we know of, killed anyone because of anything. They just leave things be and don't care if people die. They just don't help.

However, meddling ascended beings will be punished. Either by banishment or de-descending.

prion
January 13th, 2006, 09:30 AM
About the Ancients being Evil. I think that during their long history early in their development that they would be like us and have many divisions and factions. What drove scientific progress in our history often war was a major factor in technological development. So I think that the conflict with the Orii could of started between the major sides and that some of the Ancients left but from the perspective of the Orii if it was the Ancients who started it of course they would feel that the Ancients were the evil ones even though through their evolution to modern day the sided have been flipped. This episode sounds really interesting and I can't waitto see what direction they take.

The Ascended folk we've seen are all light and airy adn wear white and talk funny and are laid back, but yes, beneath the hearts of some, they can be just as bad as the bad guys. After all, Chaya fried a whole ton of Wraith in "Sanctuary", therefore, that means they can kill. Not to mention Orlin's Ascended buddies took care of that planet, didn't they? (Sorry, been a while since I've seen, er, that episode).

They're sorta like the CEOs of the galaxy; don't necessarily get their hands dirty, but they can ignore all the nastiness that goes on, and by doing that, can be just as guilty.

But to find out that a bunch of Ascended folk just went bad (dark side) would be interesting to see.

AGateFan
January 13th, 2006, 03:52 PM
The Ascended Ancients have never, as we know of, killed anyone because of anything. They just leave things be and don't care if people die. They just don't help.

However, meddling ascended beings will be punished. Either by banishment or de-descending.
Didnt they sort of wipe out the entire civilization of the planet Orlin was on...just because Orlin gave them a big gun?

EDIT: oops that teaches me for not reading Prions entire post before I comment. Yes my understanding from the ASCENSION is that the ancients actually killed all of those people.

Xmen583
January 13th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Didnt they sort of wipe out the entire civilization of the planet Orlin was on...just because Orlin gave them a big gun?

EDIT: oops that teaches me for not reading Prions entire post before I comment. Yes my understanding from the ASCENSION is that the ancients actually killed all of those people.

i don't think ascended Ancients kill the human in order to ascended into the higher plane. think about it. when the ancients die and learn how to ascended, they let the tauri ( fifth race ) to figure it out on their own. Daniel Jackson did found the lost city of atlantis and the ancients let them claim it as their own. we will find out what happen in season 10 or 11.

btw the Ancients don't help anyone ascended who is dying.

AGateFan
January 13th, 2006, 04:35 PM
i don't think ascended Ancients kill the human in order to ascended into the higher plane. think about it. when the ancients die and learn how to ascended, they let the tauri ( fifth race ) to figure it out on their own. Daniel Jackson did found the lost city of atlantis and the ancients let them claim it as their own. we will find out what happen in season 10 or 11.

btw the Ancients don't help anyone ascended who is dying.
Well, I agree with you, but I didnt say they killed a human to help then ascend.. I just said they killed those people (dont know if they were humans). I thought Orlin pretty much said that the others wiped those people out because they were planning on using the "weapon" to conquer others.

Xmen583
January 13th, 2006, 04:48 PM
we need poof that the ancients aren't evil and the Ori are, the ancients left the ori in their home galaxy to explore. we don't know if ancients create earth and human to live. ( if possible ).

what if the Ancients don't want to fight against the ori who want to destroy them. i hope we will get more answer about the ancients.

Dannygirl
January 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM
The only time Ancients have interfered and destroyed people/races is if another of their kind interceded first. Look at it as a higher form of punishment for higher beings involving lower form bugs. This doesn't make it right, but then again when dealing with that much power, telling them to stand in the corner wouldn't quite work. Now, it would be interesting if the worshipping from a few of the peoples of this galaxy did leak into the ascended plane and the Ancients did feel some of that power, but I just don't think they would go to the extent of the Ori. This I think will be interesting to see play out.

On a side note with the whole Adria thing...now I do think it's campy. I suppose that a "child born with the knowledge thing" is your typical way to go in regards to Gods, but when my boss is able to guess what the situation is (with the child growing up fast and leading the Priors into battle) w/o my saying anything of the sort, then I know it's just a little too campy. They need to get a better storyline and send this one out ingeniously.

dlong22
January 21st, 2006, 08:53 AM
Sounds great so far.
I really like the whole idea od Adria.
Are the ancients evil? or are the ori evil? or are the whole damn lot of them just bad to the core? Maybe all of our alies will turn out to be evil, the Asgard included.

I want to see a war! A war between ascended beings.
I really want to see some sort of stand-off between Adria and Shifu though. Thant would be cool to have him back.

Just my 2 cents.

Buy.

I think the stand-off would be interesting, kind of an easy way to end the "war" for the writers though. As a twist, it would be funny if the writers turned them into the "Romeo & Juliet" of the ascended. If only for the scene where Daniel explains to the team how Shakespeare was really an outcast ascended....

Hybridbabe
January 21st, 2006, 09:23 AM
I seriously think it's really interesting that, after 9 Seasons of hearing about these Ancients and how they're the good guys, now everything is getting flipped on its head. Now we question the validity of the Ori and the Ancients, and have ot figure out where we stand, or if we stand on either side at all.

I also would enjoy the "R&J" thing with Shifu and Adria, and have actually thought a lot about it. That would be really, REALLY interesting, and I could see them both in that situation.

the Adria and Daniel interactions will be interesting to watch as well. How does one go about treating the child of someone they have feelings for?

(And YES, he does have feelings for Vala... why else would he scream and kick, and then tenderly hold her when she was burned? Or bother defending her against a death penalty? You don't have to be a Daniel/Vala shipper to see that, in some degree, Daniel cares for Vala. He might not trust her, but he cares for her).

How is Daniel going to treat Vala in Season 10, knowing about her child and what she went through in her pregnancy?

Albion
January 21st, 2006, 09:36 AM
Great. We kick off with a Vala-centric episode. Sounds the knell of doom for the rest of the season, I suspect. All we need now is for TPTB to push some rampant ship between Mitchell and Vala and the transformation of our once-loved show will be complete. :P

Albion (who likes Vala, but suspects S10 is going to turn out to be The Vala Mal Doran Show. When it's not being The Cam Mitchell Hour.)

binkpmmc
January 21st, 2006, 02:48 PM
Great. We kick off with a Vala-centric episode. Sounds the knell of doom for the rest of the season, I suspect. All we need now is for TPTB to push some rampant ship between Mitchell and Vala and the transformation of our once-loved show will be complete. :P

Albion (who likes Vala, but suspects S10 is going to turn out to be The Vala Mal Doran Show. When it's not being The Cam Mitchell Hour.)

Very well put - you are chanelling my thoughts as well.

Lexa Jayde
January 21st, 2006, 09:06 PM
i cant wait to see season ten!!!!!! i think that it is gonna be very interesting:D:D:D:D

Formerhost
January 22nd, 2006, 01:02 AM
i cant wait to see season ten!!!!!! i think that it is gonna be very interesting:D:D:D:D

Is it July yet??? :daniel: :vala: :tealc: :sam: :cameron:

Hybridbabe
January 22nd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, Season 10's going to be a milestone, isn't it?

Longest sci-fi series.... first ever 5 man SG-1 team... it's about enough to drive this little D/V shipper nuts.

IS IT JULY YET?????? :tealc: :sam: :daniel: :cameron: :vala:

Atreyu
February 13th, 2006, 12:22 PM
i dont know if this has been done already but hey i thought id give u all a heads up on wat we can expect from the opener for season 10.

of course this does contain spoilers so if u dont wanna know, dont read!

Also it may be a bit hard to understand cuz its from StargateProject so if anyone feels like writing up a better version, feel free ;)

At the end of the 9. Relay is experienced that Vala lives still and is more schwanger. Vala gebaehrt now their daughter and must regard with that their child grows faster than normally usual. After only little hour it is 7, then 12 years old and their fate becomes fast clear: she is to state an attack of the Ori against the Milky Way. Adria, so the name of Valas daughter (it designated its daughter after their nut/mother, that admires it as a strong woman), is of the Ori erschaffenes a child, with all the knowledge of the Ori and likewise unites abilities. She comes thus the Ori next, is however nevertheless human and therefore in a certain measure also reduced. Adria is a kind Orakel and/or religious leader of the Ori trailers and the older it becomes likewise, the to more from the Ori knowledge receives it. If she speaks, she sounds like a Prior tries faith in Origin to intersperse. But opposite their nut/mother it has a weak point. Vala speaks with its daughter, in order to find out, what has it forwards. Adria tries to convince Vala of the fact that the Ori is in the right and the Antiker is those to exterminate those for a long time attempts the Ori. It continues to insure that the mass massentoetungen of disbelieving ones are necessary, since the Antiker otherwise by them are strengthened - the Antiker to have humans only creating, in order to get from them strength in the fight against the Ori. Adria is over-shown of the fact that one must extinguish the complete Menscheit in the galaxy, if one cannot bring her to the Origin faith. To good the latter Adria insists on the fact that the Ori is finally those, which divide their forces and their trailers grants the ascent - completely contrary to the anti-core. A desperate Vala appeliert at Adrias humanity and hopes to stop death and destruction, but the genetic programming of the Ori is too starkt. A Ori Angriffsflotte starts a little later into the Milky Way. Vala and their daughter are on board one of the ships and landing also Chulak. While the Ori krieger at the soil affords a large battle with the Jaffa, Bra'tac, Carter, are to defeat Mitchell and Teal'c on the way with a fleet of parent ships around the Ori but the fight at the soil does not run well. The Odyssey is likewise on the way after Chulack, but it by a fleet of the Lucian alliance - aforementioned of Netan - is intercepted, and the Odyssey under the command of Emerson accepts heavy damage. To repair the Asgard Kvasir tried its best around the ship, because failed both the hyperspace drive as well as the transporters. But it becomes dangerously. Daniel was cut off meanwhile by the team, it was on the other ground connection ship, the Korelev, which was destroyed by the Ori. One has the survivors on the Ori ship office for giving, under it also Daniel. Carter hopes that he still lives. He and he do that it even created that Ori ship, on which Vala and their daughter are, to infiltrate. There it meets on Vala and confers with it, as one can put Adria out of action. The two want to switch it off for the time being with a Zat weapon. But Adria recognizes the plan and Daniel is imprisoned taken. Adria instructs the execution of Daniel, but Vala jumps before Daniel, and intercepts the shot. Their daughter shows suddenly feelings and begins with the healing of its nut/mother. Daniel recognizes the opportunity and shoots with a Zat at Adria, briefly before this could heal their nut/mother completely. Then the Odyssey on and together with the Jaffa parent ships dips wants you the Ori of ships to destroy over Chulak.

SGFerrit
February 13th, 2006, 12:35 PM
So... Spoiler: Vala Is'nt fully healed? What happens to her then? Is it just like easily treatable the damge that is left?

Atreyu
February 14th, 2006, 09:10 AM
So... Spoiler: Vala Is'nt fully healed? What happens to her then? Is it just like easily treatable the damge that is left?

Adria ordered Daniel to be executed and when the time came Vala jumped in front of the shot to save him.

ToasterOnFire
February 14th, 2006, 09:36 AM
That German to English translation of that spoiler is WAY too unintentionally funny to pass up...

"At the end of the 9. Relay is experienced that Vala lives still and is more schwanger."
I can just hear Beavis now - "Huh huh, I'd schwang 'er." (yeah, schwanger means pregnant in German. What a term! :D)

"Their daughter shows suddenly feelings and begins with the healing of its nut/mother."
"Nut mother"? Very telling... :D

SGFerrit
February 14th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Adria ordered Daniel to be executed and when the time came Vala jumped in front of the shot to save him.

And as you said

Spoilers:

She starts healing Vala, but Daniel zats her and Vala is left not fully healed, so I take it Vala will be ok? (Oh, am I stressing too much over my poor little Vala?)

Simhavaktra
February 15th, 2006, 09:44 AM
That German to English translation of that spoiler is WAY too unintentionally funny to pass up...
"Nut mother"? Very telling... :D
Indeed - one wonders if something Freudian accidentally occurred amongst the writing staff... The child's mother is... "unique"; her father's a religious fanatic on a mission from god(s); her name itself means "dark." With credentials like that, I foresee high camp, fake angst and the cheesiest of melodrama from this story arc, and it sounds like someone's subconscious is trying to warn them they have the mother father, and daughter of all cliches going there, too.

the dancer of spaz
February 15th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Wow. Does it say exactly WHO her father is? I'd just like some final reassurance that it isn't, in any way, Dr. Daniel Jackson.

Simhavaktra
February 15th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Wow. Does it say exactly WHO her father is? I'd just like some final reassurance that it isn't, in any way, Dr. Daniel Jackson.If I recall correctly, they're going with the old immaculate conception angle to explain Vala's being with sprog (less impressive when the expectant mother isn't a virgin, but apparently even the Ascended have to work with what they actually have) but that would still make Vala's dearly beloved Ori-worshipping, doubtless cannon-fodder-to-be hubby the sprog's father, socially speaking. Looks to me like the poor kid's gotten the short end of the stick on both the nature and the nurture fronts.

ToasterOnFire
February 15th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Wow. Does it say exactly WHO her father is? I'd just like some final reassurance that it isn't, in any way, Dr. Daniel Jackson.
I dunno, the bolded part from the spoilers scares me...
"But Adria recognizes the plan and Daniel is imprisoned taken. Adria instructs the execution of Daniel, but Vala jumps before Daniel, and intercepts the shot. Their daughter shows suddenly feelings and begins with the healing of its nut/mother."

Maybe its a translation error or just a mistake. I'll take immaculate conception with unknown DNA over it being Daniel's kid anyday. Just...no.

Swiss
February 16th, 2006, 08:07 AM
I think it's a translation error. I've seen the spoilers about flesh and blood on
http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2256
and there you can't find the word "their".

SGFerrit
February 16th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I agree, I doubt it will be. There is just no way.

Mattathias2.0
February 16th, 2006, 11:18 AM

I can't get that idea out of my head after I read the deleted scenes of Ripple Effect (makes a hint at a thing between Cam and... someone else).

Mattathias

SGFerrit
February 16th, 2006, 11:44 AM

Don't be so negative. Vala is a great character. Even though people have been calling season 9 the Cam Mitchell hour, the truth is everyone has had their own episodes based around them. The only reason Cam has had a bit more screen time than everyone else is because he needed to be introduced. We won't have this problem with Vala in season 10, as she has been known since season 8 and will already have appeared in 9 episodes.

NotAscended
February 16th, 2006, 10:33 PM

I think we can be fairly safe in assuming that Daniel won't be the father, as a parallel to the Shifu story. In that case he had to run around the galaxy trying to find the child of another man that was carried by a woman he cares about, and I suspect the writers will keep poor Daniel in the same status with respect to this child. Or at least I hope ... if Daniel does ever get to have a child, I'd like to think it would be a nice normal one without lots of potential for evil and super-powers.

Swiss
February 17th, 2006, 06:30 AM
I can't get that idea out of my head after I read the deleted scenes of Ripple Effect (makes a hint at a thing between Cam and... someone else).

Mattathias

I think it was only a missunderstanding. I'm not affraid that this is going to happen.
They so don't belong together!

HirogenGater
February 17th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a weird episode, I will have to wait to see it.

Mattathias2.0
March 10th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Guest characters include Adria (at 7 years old and at 12 years old), Bra'tac (Tony Amendola), Tomin (a servant of the Ori and husband to Vala), Netan (of the Lucian Alliance), Emerson (commander of the Odyssey), Marks (the Odyssey's helmsman), the Asgard Vasir, and a Prior.

Bra'tac is in this episode!!!

Mattathias

harlen
March 10th, 2006, 04:59 PM

cuz last i remember it the alterrans don't force their people into 6 hours prayer and if they don't follow origin

Come on stargate fans, just think about it for the moment, but I also know that most of you dont have an open mind to good storyline.

*Crash*
March 10th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Would be intresting if they, the Orii, did actually ascend their followers ect, from what i gather the ancients don't need followers, or maby just a small base of aknowage ment such as the Sodan (sorry for spelling mistakes, it's late)

It would explane why the Ancients decided to step in and stop the self destruct on the SG-1 base. (As well as allow Oma and Anubis to fight eachother.)

CueBa'al
March 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM
I hope the Russian captian survives. All that wrangling to finally get his own spaceship...then boom. You gotta let him reprieve that role.
:thoranime01: