This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering

...When an Ha'tak attacks from orbit (f.x. ep: the warrior, homecoming) the ha'tak makes this weird sound. But not when it attacks other ships, only an planet from orbit. Does anyone know why? It's a cool sound.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

it will just be the way the effects ppl want to do things...or maybe when attaking from orbit to make the plasma powerfull enugh to reach the planets surface it has to be fired a certain way...thus creating the sound
    tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
    yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
    Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Maybe cause there is no sound in space??

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
        ...When an Ha'tak attacks from orbit (f.x. ep: the warrior, homecoming) the ha'tak makes this weird sound. But not when it attacks other ships, only an planet from orbit. Does anyone know why? It's a cool sound.
        it could be the sound of the weapons fire entering the atmosphere, the best on screen evidence is from "homecomming" in season 7 and "pretense" in season 3 which in pretense the ship in orbit uses some laser targeting before it fires at the tollan cannons which was always cool!!
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
          Maybe cause there is no sound in space??
          So you do think that this cool sound is always there? But in Stargate when ships are in battle you normally hear the sound from the weapons. So I guess Darkstar and others are right, it could be the result when the weapons fire enters the atmosphere.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

So you do think that this cool sound is always there? But in Stargate when ships are in battle you normally hear the sound from the weapons. So I guess Darkstar and others are right, it could be the result when the weapons fire enters the atmosphere.

pray you never see space 2001!!! :eek , i can't be doing without the space noises and found the film to be most confusing yet simplisticly correct in that respect no noise in space = no desent space battles = lousy movie = megga flop.

could you imagine Starwars episode 3 with no space noise!!!???
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Yes, that's exactly what I think...
              of course since when did real world rules apply to SciFi sound effects?

Comment

Working...
              X