This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guns in Stargate room

I'm doing a little art project, creating a replica of the Stargate room.

Now I've done ok so far, but I'm having trouble working out exactly what the guns are that sit on either side of the Stargate. They look a bit like a chain fed machinegun from the back, but the muzzle appears to have different end on it than the standard real world machinegun. I've had real trouble getting decent shots of it and haven't gotten found any decent info on the net or in any of the episodes I've been through so far.

If anyone could give me some idea as to what exactly these weapons are supposed to be, and if they are some sort of futuristic thing, perhaps a bit of info or a episode reference or some such. Any info would be most gratefully accepted

Cheers.

those are M2HB .50 cal machine guns. Same that the US infantry (as well as many others around the globe) use.

here's the wikipedia article on them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2HB

gotta love Ma Deuce

-Chachi
    Hermiod: "Crap indeed!"

Comment

oh i was wondering about them too thanks chachi
      tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
      yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
      Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rokuro_Kubi
        I'm doing a little art project, creating a replica of the Stargate room.

Now I've done ok so far, but I'm having trouble working out exactly what the guns are that sit on either side of the Stargate. They look a bit like a chain fed machinegun from the back, but the muzzle appears to have different end on it than the standard real world machinegun. I've had real trouble getting decent shots of it and haven't gotten found any decent info on the net or in any of the episodes I've been through so far.

If anyone could give me some idea as to what exactly these weapons are supposed to be, and if they are some sort of futuristic thing, perhaps a bit of info or a episode reference or some such. Any info would be most gratefully accepted

Cheers.
        Ull av to take a pic of it when it is completed and post it on here for us all to see

Comment

Hm. So they're using a weapon with an effective range of 2km at a range of perhaps 10 metres at most. In a concrete bunker... ah well, they look neat, I guess thats all that matters.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Put up a pic when your done so we can all go AH
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Don't forget the drop down stinger launchers.
              Last edited by Lieutenant Colonel Davis; 11 January 2006, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rokuro_Kubi
                Hm. So they're using a weapon with an effective range of 2km at a range of perhaps 10 metres at most. In a concrete bunker... ah well, they look neat, I guess thats all that matters.

Thanks for the help guys.
                have you seen what a .50 round looks like? Or what damage it can do? I would want that kind of heave firepower ready, just in case.

It's a hell of a weapon.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
                24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
                Both heavily admined.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
                  Don't forget the drop down stinger launchers.
                  Those are AGM-65 Maverick Anti-tank missles, actually

Stingers come in tubes, and are about 6-8 inches in diameter

-Chachi
                  Hermiod: "Crap indeed!"

Comment

They should really fire those 50 cals at something in an episode, coz they make such a good noise and nothing could withstand them if i came through the gate
                    "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Aegir
                      They should really fire those 50 cals at something in an episode, coz they make such a good noise and nothing could withstand them if i came through the gate
                      Now you have mentioned it, I never seen it firing.. I would love an another incursion

Comment

It would not be very plausible firing a .50 cal in the gateroom as richochet is a killer and the .50 is a ww1 anti tank bullet so would penetrate most things even with the muzzle brakes on they would be lethal in a confined area.

curlyboy

Comment

Originally posted by curlyboy
                          It would not be very plausible firing a .50 cal in the gateroom as richochet is a killer and the .50 is a ww1 anti tank bullet so would penetrate most things even with the muzzle brakes on they would be lethal in a confined area.

curlyboy
                          In an incursion situation, you could fire the .50 cal through the gate and cut down enemy soldiers before they make it through the gate, keeping down the numbers that would actually make it thru to face the defense teams.

Comment

Those things look like they can cause some major damage to Jaffa.

Comment

a .50 cal can rip off your arm without actually hitting it.

Comment

Working...
                              X