This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 ZPM = What?

We know that atlantis was designed to work with 3 ZPM's, and it appears that it needs all of them to fly.

I wonder what features / weapons would active if they ever got another 2.

I assume that 3 working together would be far more powerful than 3x one. I wonder if you had 3, if the shields would be able to take a bigger punnishment.

I guess the bigger question, will be, will they ever get the other 2, i am guessing not as they could then fly atlantis back to earth and the series would be over. Why would they want to stay in pegasis.

Originally posted by Stevos
    We know that atlantis was designed to work with 3 ZPM's, and it appears that it needs all of them to fly.

I assume that 3 working together would be far more powerful than 3x one. I wonder if you had 3, if the shields would be able to take a bigger punnishment.

I guess the bigger question, will be, will they ever get the other 2, i am guessing not as they could then fly atlantis back to earth and the series would be over. Why would they want to stay in pegasis.
    They wouldn't bring it back to Earth because Stargate is supposed to be real, only we don't know anything about it because of our security clearance. . All the recent epidemics were started by the Ori.
    If a giant city came and settled on Atlantic ocean, I think Everyone on Earth will know about it.

Comment

we do not know whether atlantis needs three zpms to fly, we are only sure tht atlantis cant fly with 1 zpm.
      Originally posted by
      if any wepons are avilable they wont help us much, remember anything in atlantis that could have beat the wraith would have been used by the ancients in the first siege of atlantis. As for features, they would probably be mostly the spaceflight warmups-inertial dampeners, engines, hyperdrive.
      Originally posted by
      thats almost certain 1 zpm= a few days, maybe a week (from what we know) 3zpm all together=years of besiegement
      Originally posted by
      remember in home? weir said that they would have to stay and fight, they awoke the wraith prematurely, putting the fate of an entire galaxy of humans at risk

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
        we do not know whether atlantis needs three zpms to fly, we are only sure tht atlantis cant fly with 1 zpm.

if any wepons are avilable they wont help us much, remember anything in atlantis that could have beat the wraith would have been used by the ancients in the first siege of atlantis. As for features, they would probably be mostly the spaceflight warmups-inertial dampeners, engines, hyperdrive.

thats almost certain 1 zpm= a few days, maybe a week (from what we know) 3zpm all together=years of besiegement

remember in home? weir said that they would have to stay and fight, they awoke the wraith prematurely, putting the fate of an entire galaxy of humans at risk
        Thats correct, but dont forget that is not the only reason they would stay, dont forget they went to Atlantis to explore new technology, cultures and a new galaxy, so I think that even if they would be able to fly the city, they would stay there and carry on exploring the galaxy.

As well the weapons would not be completely useless because we could reverse engineer some of the weapons and modify them so the Wraith would not be expectin them SPOILER***like in S2 when they used the beaming technology to beam naquadah enhanced bombs to the insode of hive ships. It worked for a while until the Wraith found a way to counteract the beaming technology***

Comment

Okay, maybe take it to the alpha site.

I can't see the us government wanted to risk losing all that tech by leaving it in the pegasis galaxy. It would be far safer in our galaxay

As for leaving a whole galaxy of people to the wraith, don't forget the western world have done similar things to this time and time again. Such as after placing a tin pot dictator in place, they leave, leaving hundreds of thousands of people to die due to civil war / efnic cleansing, this list of these countries just goes on and on, all the way upto Afghanistan (twice) and only a matter of time iraq.

We know that the acients could repel any attack by the wraith, but didn't have the ability actually fight back, based on the weapons we have seen so far, i see no evidence of this. We know the acients were limited in numbers, and therefore i suspect that was why they couldn't win.

The sat weapon could take out a hive ship but was slow to fire (the wraith could just send hundreds of ships at once), and it appears you need hundred of dones to take out a mothership, let alone a hive ship. I would therefore suspect they did have other defence weapons.

Comment

Okay, maybe take it to the alpha site.

I can't see the us government wanted to risk losing all that tech by leaving it in the pegasis galaxy. It would be far safer in our galaxay
            I dont know about the safety thing in our galaxy due to the Ori. They can still send information about new technology to Earth to help them

As for leaving a whole galaxy of people to the wraith, don't forget the western world have done similar things to this time and time again. Such as after placing a tin pot dictator in place, they leave, leaving hundreds of thousands of people to die due to civil war / efnic cleansing, this list of these countries just goes on and on, all the way upto Afghanistan (twice) and only a matter of time iraq.
            We're not talking about a few hundred people here, we are talking about thousands of worlds (not quite the same )

We know that the acients could repel any attack by the wraith, but didn't have the ability actually fight back, based on the weapons we have seen so far, i see no evidence of this. We know the acients were limited in numbers, and therefore i suspect that was why they couldn't win.

The sat weapon could take out a hive ship but was slow to fire (the wraith could just send hundreds of ships at once), and it appears you need hundred of dones to take out a mothership, let alone a hive ship. I would therefore suspect they did have other defence weapons.
            Thats true, the Ancients were severly outnumbered but there weapons are/will be effective if used in the correct way.

SPOILER***We will also be able to defeat more Wraith hive ships when we have new class ships like the Deadulus***

Comment

actually it would make much more sense to leave it in the PG where it is reletively safe from the orii, can handle its own agianst the wraith, and would be a much better beta site than the current one becuase its already a major intergalactic stronghold...if earth and the milky way fell would you want to be at
              A) the beta site under a mountain
              B) the greatest and most fortifed city the ancient ever built, with a major enemy and a great allie in the way ( the wraith wouldnt like the orii just like we wouldnt, so yeah we have the wraith but so would the orii)...and lets not forget the asgard half way in between...

id Pick B.
              as to 3 ZPM's. i think it will make atlantis much grander, it will probley be able to remote activate ships in deep space for example. the city shield will obviously be impenetrable as it was in the days of the alterans again. the weapon systems may reactivate, start replenishing. the sity could fly. the city would become sentient and actually help the team ( id love that)...

but if it does leave it in pegasus on the dark side of a sun cloaked and just learn..
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Yes this may be true but this is a TV show. So they may get 3 ZPMs but they will still stay and fight because they are supposed to be heroes!!!!!!
                Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Unless I'm missing something I dont think additional ZPM's will make any difference to what the city can do.
                  Its my understanding that ZPM's work like a battery and judgeing by the seige ep there doesn't appear to be much of a limit to how fast the power can be used. So additional ZPM's would increase the energy stockpile but just like the shield they should if they knew how beable to fly the city now untill the power runs out. The only difference that 2 more ZPM's would make is that they could fly three times as far with them.

Comment

tthe ZPM can overload when too many systems run off it, more would enable more to be run at the same time, meaning different combinations of technolgies requiring large power source cna be used together...we cna use drones and the shield now, if we have 3 ZPM's we could be looking at a citie doging energy bolts underwater while firing off drones...big difference.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                      tthe ZPM can overload when too many systems run off it, more would enable more to be run at the same time, meaning different combinations of technolgies requiring large power source cna be used together...we cna use drones and the shield now, if we have 3 ZPM's we could be looking at a citie doging energy bolts underwater while firing off drones...big difference.
                      Perhaps but in the seige they were going through 3000 years worth of power in a matter of days which suggests it takes some thing extreem to overload them.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        That would be kool to see

Comment

I Believe that a single ZPM Can run the star drive the only reason that it would overload was if the floodway way sabotaged

Comment

Can we use the Wraith attack on 1 zpm and a sheild as a gauge as to how much power 1 zpm has, Maybe under constant presure like an ocean the zpm drains much slower then unpridictable energy weapons attacking it. i dont know the theory or possible science but who knows maybe the city can't guess well and outputs heaps of energy to try and counteract the attack.

either way i hope 3 zpms > 3 x 1 zpm again its for smarter people to make up how that would work. but stuff i would like to see on a fully powered atlantis is something that makes them look more powerful by more then a few hundred years then the asgard. i mean so far the ancients can only transport from site to site asgard can go anywhere and a zpm only increases the speed of the daudles(spl?) from 18days to 4. anyway i'm getting side tracked

Its my hope the city is currently in some kind of low power mode, and maybe the ancients can use energy like the asgard. With that ability who says everything has to exsist all the time. When the city has 3 ZPM's to back it up maybe all the really advanced and dangerous technology will be beamed into place and we can really see what the ancient best technology is and what the orii have backing them up.

i wanna see, doors that dont open and close but just disapear or only let certin people through. and umm other cool stuff i can't think of at the moment but it would be a good way to stop people you dont want using your really advanced tech.

again i guess its up to smarter people to think of cool uses for that ability

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                              i wanna see, doors that dont open and close but just disapear or only let certin people through. and umm other cool stuff i can't think of at the moment but it would be a good way to stop people you dont want using your really advanced tech.
                              Ronan is chasing Zalenka because he wont shut up and hits a door

Nice ideas though, im sure Rodney can figure something out

Comment

Working...
                              X