This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Season Ten end in a cliffhanger?

Should TPTB take a chance and end season ten in a cliffhanger, hoping for a staggering season eleven? I personally think they should.....I do not see any logical way the Ori can be defeated anytime before season twelve. Your opinions?

I think they get fought off by the end of the season, but not wiped out. Both shows are getting new enemies next season, so it may not be a cliff hanger. However, there are still many open stories to be concluded.
    * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Season 11 yes cliffhanger no please no
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I hope they make the end of S10 a cliff hanger, but make it so that there is no way SG could end for at least another 5 Seasons

Comment

Would be quite unfair if they left it on a cliffhanger then said the shows over. Dont think there should be a cliffhanger but in the end not up to us.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
            Would be quite unfair if they left it on a cliffhanger then said the shows over. Dont think there should be a cliffhanger but in the end not up to us.
            Yes but if there was definately a S11, then a cliff hanger would keep fans on their toes and wonder what is going to happen and they would have to wait.

And I know, but Im sure the writers will do what they think is best

Comment

I hate cliffhangers, and I don't see the point in keeping people waiting.

If they like the show they'll watch anyway.

Comment

They do it to create a buzz so that eventually more people watch it next time asnd thus they get higherr ratings for the first ep or 2.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

since i personally doubt the show will get a s11, i dont' think they should have a cliffie.

of course, if scili wants to stir folks up like they did with the scapers then sure, they'll have a cliffie...and sit back and watch and see how many folks are manipulated into writing in to demand a movie/mini series to wrap up the plot
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Personally I love cliffhangers.
                    I hate them too but they are fun. Give me something to think about for the next few months besides school. And I agree with Metarock about ratings.

Comment

I honestly Want it be a cliffhanger, it makes me eager to see what happens at the start of the next season.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      of course, if scili wants to stir folks up like they did with the scapers then sure, they'll have a cliffie...and sit back and watch and see how many folks are manipulated into writing in to demand a movie/mini series to wrap up the plot
                      And skydiver, for gods sake, type scifi instead of scili, your confusing me slightly (and I other members too, I think).
                      sigpic

Comment

I would most definatly like to see a cliffhanger, but I would want to see on handled carefully- not the kind of cliffhanger for example: there's a gun pointed at Mitchell, camera looks to the guy with that gun, hear a shot, TO BE CONTINUED (yes, crappy example, hate those kind of scenes). But the kind of cliffhanger where the enemy is fought off, then there's some startling piece of new info or type of revelation for instance: the furlings walk out of the shadows. The second example would make it easier to end the show if it didn't get season eleven where as the first one would be more like "we got ripped".

Comment

i would want a season 10 cliffhanger, if the show is to have a new enemy then i really hope the show will go on and it not having a weak assed enemy we see defeated in the space of 20 episodes, if they want a new enemy to come into the mix then it would be a safe way to go to re-introduce a familiar enemy we know about so there isnt 5 or 6 episodes just to get to know em maybe the Aschen who we all know but don't know too much about, these guys could be re-invented and a major threat instead of a new enemy becoming too far fetched and just some crazy super powerful alien force that kills all in their way, we want mystery and cloak and dager when it comes to the storylines because it keeps the fans guessing and also gives up some big secrets and adds suspense to the show instead of "oh look a big alien force is building ships to destroy the galaxy and oh dear we seem to be caught in the middle of it all but hey! we will save the day and the galaxy will go about its days not giving a crap that we saved em all!!!", or something like that which means for the example if the Aschen would return they would be out for earth and humanity and goes about it secretly and dastardly.

but im sure whatever TPTB pulls out of their heads will fuel the show to either go on in leaps and bounds or simply hit the ground and smash to peices.
                          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Yep, definately. Every episode should end on a cliffhanger!

Comment

Is S10 is the final season, yes cliffhanger, best way to end a show like SG IMO. If there is a S11, then no, I hate knowing there is going to be an ending but waiting months to see it
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                              X