PDA

View Full Version : Should Season Ten end in a cliffhanger?

walter_MacChevron
January 7th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Should TPTB take a chance and end season ten in a cliffhanger, hoping for a staggering season eleven? I personally think they should.....I do not see any logical way the Ori can be defeated anytime before season twelve. Your opinions?

da_hippie
January 7th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I think they get fought off by the end of the season, but not wiped out. Both shows are getting new enemies next season, so it may not be a cliff hanger. However, there are still many open stories to be concluded.

Qasim
January 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Season 11 yes cliffhanger no please no

WraithWarrior
January 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I hope they make the end of S10 a cliff hanger, but make it so that there is no way SG could end for at least another 5 Seasons

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 7th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Would be quite unfair if they left it on a cliffhanger then said the shows over. Dont think there should be a cliffhanger but in the end not up to us.

WraithWarrior
January 7th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Would be quite unfair if they left it on a cliffhanger then said the shows over. Dont think there should be a cliffhanger but in the end not up to us.

Yes but if there was definately a S11, then a cliff hanger would keep fans on their toes and wonder what is going to happen and they would have to wait.

And I know, but Im sure the writers will do what they think is best

Dutch_Razor
January 7th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I hate cliffhangers, and I don't see the point in keeping people waiting.

If they like the show they'll watch anyway.

Metarock Sam
January 7th, 2006, 01:11 PM
They do it to create a buzz so that eventually more people watch it next time asnd thus they get higherr ratings for the first ep or 2.

Skydiver
January 7th, 2006, 01:16 PM
since i personally doubt the show will get a s11, i dont' think they should have a cliffie.

of course, if scili wants to stir folks up like they did with the scapers then sure, they'll have a cliffie...and sit back and watch and see how many folks are manipulated into writing in to demand a movie/mini series to wrap up the plot

Johnquixote
January 7th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Personally I love cliffhangers.
I hate them too but they are fun. Give me something to think about for the next few months besides school. And I agree with Metarock about ratings.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I honestly Want it be a cliffhanger, it makes me eager to see what happens at the start of the next season.

of course, if scili wants to stir folks up like they did with the scapers then sure, they'll have a cliffie...and sit back and watch and see how many folks are manipulated into writing in to demand a movie/mini series to wrap up the plot
And skydiver, for gods sake, type scifi instead of scili, your confusing me slightly (and I other members too, I think).

Trek_Girl42
January 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I would most definatly like to see a cliffhanger, but I would want to see on handled carefully- not the kind of cliffhanger for example: there's a gun pointed at Mitchell, camera looks to the guy with that gun, hear a shot, TO BE CONTINUED (yes, crappy example, hate those kind of scenes). But the kind of cliffhanger where the enemy is fought off, then there's some startling piece of new info or type of revelation for instance: the furlings walk out of the shadows. The second example would make it easier to end the show if it didn't get season eleven where as the first one would be more like "we got ripped".

Darkstar
January 7th, 2006, 01:41 PM
i would want a season 10 cliffhanger, if the show is to have a new enemy then i really hope the show will go on and it not having a weak assed enemy we see defeated in the space of 20 episodes, if they want a new enemy to come into the mix then it would be a safe way to go to re-introduce a familiar enemy we know about so there isnt 5 or 6 episodes just to get to know em maybe the Aschen who we all know but don't know too much about, these guys could be re-invented and a major threat instead of a new enemy becoming too far fetched and just some crazy super powerful alien force that kills all in their way, we want mystery and cloak and dager when it comes to the storylines because it keeps the fans guessing and also gives up some big secrets and adds suspense to the show instead of "oh look a big alien force is building ships to destroy the galaxy and oh dear we seem to be caught in the middle of it all but hey! we will save the day and the galaxy will go about its days not giving a crap that we saved em all!!!", or something like that which means for the example if the Aschen would return they would be out for earth and humanity and goes about it secretly and dastardly.

but im sure whatever TPTB pulls out of their heads will fuel the show to either go on in leaps and bounds or simply hit the ground and smash to peices.:S

PG15
January 7th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Yep, definately. Every episode should end on a cliffhanger! :cameron:

The Signal
January 7th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Is S10 is the final season, yes cliffhanger, best way to end a show like SG IMO. If there is a S11, then no, I hate knowing there is going to be an ending but waiting months to see it

Dani347
January 7th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Only have a cliffhanger if you know the show is getting renewed for the next season. Otherwise, it seems like a desperate ploy to force the networks to renew (and doesn't always work) and it's freaking frustrating for me as a viewer to not see the ending to the cliffhanger. I was all set to see what would happen on Joan of Arcadia, and boom. Show gets cancelled. I wanted to see if Michael Wiseman and his family escaped on Now and Again, but I never will.

I think it should end in a way that isn't a cliffhanger but that gives the impression that things are still going on. Which is how I think the show should end. I'd like to imagine that people are still going through the gate, even if we don't see it.

Callista
January 7th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Only have a cliffhanger if you know the show is getting renewed for the next season. Otherwise, it seems like a desperate ploy to force the networks to renew (and doesn't always work) and it's freaking frustrating for me as a viewer to not see the ending to the cliffhanger. I was all set to see what would happen on Joan of Arcadia, and boom. Show gets cancelled. I wanted to see if Michael Wiseman and his family escaped on Now and Again, but I never will.

I think it should end in a way that isn't a cliffhanger but that gives the impression that things are still going on. Which is how I think the show should end. I'd like to imagine that people are still going through the gate, even if we don't see it.

OK, I agree with Dani. I know I'm showing my age but IMO the 2 worst endings of shows ever were Quantam Leap (I would have preferred they killed Sam over leaving him in diner limbo...hey, that sounds familiar now that I think of it..) and Soap (half of the characters were about to be killed by the other half of the characters [if you guys don't know this show let me just say that Billy Crystal was the LEAST funny person on it, that's how funny it was]). So, no, if they don't absolutely know there will be an 11th season, PLEASE don't end it with a cliffhanger!!

GatetheWay
January 7th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Aren't we al getting a little ahead of ourselves? I mean season 9 isn't even over yet. :rolleyes:

lionel_pendergast_rocks
January 7th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I agree with GtW. I mean, its too soon to say whether they will want a season 11. And I really dont think they should use a cliffhanger anyway...

Minigin
January 7th, 2006, 08:47 PM
IMO Season ten should end without a cliff hanger. So that season 11 can start with another big bad. I dont think TPTB would want to stop writing soon. Theres so much more to see. Their probably as anctious to see the next seasons as we are if not more.

Minigin
January 7th, 2006, 08:51 PM
i would want a season 10 cliffhanger, if the show is to have a new enemy then i really hope the show will go on and it not having a weak assed enemy we see defeated in the space of 20 episodes, if they want a new enemy to come into the mix then it would be a safe way to go to re-introduce a familiar enemy we know about so there isnt 5 or 6 episodes just to get to know em maybe the Aschen who we all know but don't know too much about, these guys could be re-invented and a major threat instead of a new enemy becoming too far fetched and just some crazy super powerful alien force that kills all in their way, we want mystery and cloak and dager when it comes to the storylines because it keeps the fans guessing and also gives up some big secrets and adds suspense to the show instead of "oh look a big alien force is building ships to destroy the galaxy and oh dear we seem to be caught in the middle of it all but hey! we will save the day and the galaxy will go about its days not giving a crap that we saved em all!!!", or something like that which means for the example if the Aschen would return they would be out for earth and humanity and goes about it secretly and dastardly.

but im sure whatever TPTB pulls out of their heads will fuel the show to either go on in leaps and bounds or simply hit the ground and smash to peices.:S

i agree. and theres alot of races they could do it with. the race from foothold, the race that created urgo, the invisible people (forgot there names), even the furlings could be used as the next big bad.

the fifth man
January 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I think season 10 should definitely end in a cliffhanger. That way something leads us into season 11.:D

shockwave
January 8th, 2006, 01:50 AM
I think a cool ending cliffhanger would be that they release the Avenger virus on the stargate network, to stop the Ori. Thay would be a good ending scene for season 10. And for season 11 the gates aren't working anymore, at least for a while, maybe till the end of the year or the midseason 2-parter

Ancient 1
January 8th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Shouldn't every season end in a cliff hanger of sorts? That's why everyone highly anticipates the new season, is it not?

WraithWarrior
January 8th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Shouldn't every season end in a cliff hanger of sorts? That's why everyone highly anticipates the new season, is it not?

True

NotANumber
January 8th, 2006, 08:44 AM
It could be worse. When the makers of Dark Skies (another Eric Close series) found out it had been cancelled, the cliffhanger ending was changed with a voiceover saying that the badguys were eventually defeated and everyone lived happily ever after. Some resolution.

NotANumber
January 8th, 2006, 08:48 AM
That's true. It's strange that season 9 will be the first time since season 4 that SG1 will end on a cliffhanger. It's like they have had a new lease of life as of late.

plaw15
January 8th, 2006, 09:16 AM
If season 10 ends in a cliffhanger that means there is a season 11!!

Desl
January 8th, 2006, 09:33 AM
I'd love to see a season 11, but I really hate cliffhangers. I don't like waiting as I am very impatient. :) But I live in Germany, so I have the advantage, that I can ask someone of the USA how the show continues. :) Or something like that.

Dani347
January 8th, 2006, 04:47 PM

No, it doesn't. It could end on a cliffhanger and then stay that way for eternity.

SG-1ssm
January 8th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Im sick of every season ending in a cliff hanger, so no.

Qasim
January 8th, 2006, 09:08 PM
No, it doesn't. It could end on a cliffhanger and then stay that way for eternity.If that happened then my life would be a waste :(

GATEGOD
January 8th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Should TPTB take a chance and end season ten in a cliffhanger, hoping for a staggering season eleven? I personally think they should.....I do not see any logical way the Ori can be defeated anytime before season twelve. Your opinions?
I love sg-1 but when i see a cliff hanger ... i have to wait wait and wait for the next ep to see wat happens and throughout the enitre time im like i cant wait i cant wait .... then when the next ep comes :cameron: so happy, but wat if season 11 doesnt happen i wouldn't be able to cope with not having an ending for sg-1

GATEGOD
January 8th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Im sick of every season ending in a cliff hanger, so no.
yea :(

NakedJehutyV2
January 8th, 2006, 09:49 PM
yes

Wyrminarrd
January 9th, 2006, 12:18 AM
If it gives them that oppertunity to write a really good story then I say go for it. Just make it one full of mystery and uncertainty so that we on the forums have something to debate and argue about until season 11 airs.:tealcanime49:

wikeja
January 9th, 2006, 02:05 AM
I reserve my opinion for the mid-season 10 hiatus. We will learn then if there will be a season 11. If there will, I vote cliffhanger...if no season 11, I vote lead in ep to a new spinoff involving the appearance of the Furlings.

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 03:44 AM

Should mean that, but it could end and stay like that either for a film or just the end (which would be pretty crap)

Darkstar
January 9th, 2006, 03:52 AM
I think a cool ending cliffhanger would be that they release the Avenger virus on the stargate network, to stop the Ori. Thay would be a good ending scene for season 10. And for season 11 the gates aren't working anymore, at least for a while, maybe till the end of the year or the midseason 2-parter

Oh yes!! i have had a brain wave, like you said the gate system is down then the storyline takes a time off from the Orii to focus on earth and things at home, then as things seem to be quiet somebody like the Aschen arrives and its up to earth and the SGC to fight them off with no help from the outside, that way it would keep the budget down by not having CG aliens and so on and having too many characters in this first part of the season, we have familiar characters and earths newest ships and of course no way of escaping from earth so all of humity on earth is alone a sort of one on one battle like to old days of sci fi and battle genre's.

ohh i like that!! have some green :D

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Oh yes!! i have had a brain wave, like you said the gate system is down then the storyline takes a time off from the Orii to focus on earth and things at home, then as things seem to be quiet somebody like the Aschen arrives and its up to earth and the SGC to fight them off with no help from the outside, that way it would keep the budget down by not having CG aliens and so on and having too many characters in this first part of the season, we have familiar characters and earths newest ships and of course no way of escaping from earth so all of humity on earth is alone a sort of one on one battle like to old days of sci fi and battle genre's.

ohh i like that!! have some green :D

Nice idea but I dont think it would seem right that the Ori, an evil and powerful enemy are defeated and the Aschen of all people attack. We would kill them easily now with all of our advancements in ships and technology. Plus I dont think the producers mind spending money on the CG aliens becase that is what helps attract people to watch SG-1 and what Stargate has won awards for

Nice idea though :D

aAnubiSs
January 9th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I want 6 three-parters and eps 10&11 being a double ;)

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 04:38 AM
I want 6 three-parters and eps 10&11 being a double ;)

Sounds kool, but they gotta have good story lines which they normally think of. I liked the Siege which was a three parter and I like in S8 how they had like 3 2parters which were very good. Just thought of a good idea, thats how SG-1 could defeat the Ori (Im thinkin of big space battles between the Ori and Earth/Jaffa/Asgard(the few that are involved)

aAnubiSs
January 9th, 2006, 04:40 AM
I'm just remembering FarScapes three-parters. Loved them all ;)

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 04:41 AM
I'm just remembering FarScapes three-parters. Loved them all ;)

Only ever seen bout 2 farscape eps, I could never get into it

Skydiver
January 9th, 2006, 04:43 AM
nah, nah, nah

i think forever knight ranks up there as one of the suckiest finales. an, although i never watched it, fans of xena hate the last eps of that series and i personally thougth that the last eps of voyager sucked swamp water

7 years!!! SEVEN and we can't even get a 'families running across the tarmac to greet their loved ones'

aAnubiSs
January 9th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Voyagers ending was terrible. One of the all time worst. Time travel, new superior tech, older version vs younger version of person blah.

Darkstar
January 9th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Nice idea but I dont think it would seem right that the Ori, an evil and powerful enemy are defeated and the Aschen of all people attack. We would kill them easily now with all of our advancements in ships and technology. Plus I dont think the producers mind spending money on the CG aliens becase that is what helps attract people to watch SG-1 and what Stargate has won awards for

Nice idea though :D

oh dear no thats not exaclly what i meant, the Orii are still there in the galaxy but the fact the gates are down means we take a break from them and the fact that the gates are down would be a good reason for the Aschen to attack earth knowing over 6 billion people can not escape not can anybody else in ships with them bearing down on you, then we go back to the Orii when the gates are up again maybe as a result of the Aschen or some other spin on things.

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 04:50 AM
oh dear no thats not exaclly what i meant, the Orii are still there in the galaxy but the fact the gates are down means we take a break from them and the fact that the gates are down would be a good reason for the Aschen to attack earth knowing over 6 billion people can not escape not can anybody else in ships with them bearing down on you, then we go back to the Orii when the gates are up again maybe as a result of the Aschen or some other spin on things.

Sorry bout that, I understand now (Im a bit stupid at times :lol:)

Darkstar
January 9th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Sorry bout that, I understand now (Im a bit stupid at times :lol:)

don't worry you not blonde by the way are you?, i am but apparently people say im really clever but i think that idea only applies to blonde women, still no worry :D

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 04:57 AM
don't worry you not blonde by the way are you?, i am but apparently people say im really clever but i think that idea only applies to blonde women, still no worry :D

No, but I can have my blonde moments :lol:

Darkstar
January 9th, 2006, 05:00 AM
well you may have some stupid blonde moments but you have a great sig!!! :D

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 05:17 AM

Thanks, I made it myself last night, took me bout 2-3 hours using photoshop and some screen caps I made. A lot of people loved my old one, but I got rid of it because I cropped a wallpaper made by someone from TheSciFiWorld, but I didnt know that it was because my brother told me it was a screen cap he made

My old sig is attached below, feel free to use it if you want but I didnt in case I got in trouble with the person that made it, you just need to resize it slightly so it is within the sig rules

Darkstar
January 9th, 2006, 05:28 AM
ah the old copyright lawsuit dilema, he he i remember seeing that sig a few days ago, i just stick with a simple sig with text although i have had pictures in it at one time or another i found it to be a little pain in the ass, the image shack website does the pictures hosting but many pics out there are copyrighted and it prohibits the use of them and gives you a thumbnail or liks to the website, damn the only time google let me down, i will admit im not a super computer wizz but i like to have a humourus line in my sig which are somethimes hit and miss, but if you could provide a way of getting images and hosting then im all ears!!?

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 05:38 AM
ah the old copyright lawsuit dilema, he he i remember seeing that sig a few days ago, i just stick with a simple sig with text although i have had pictures in it at one time or another i found it to be a little pain in the ass, the image shack website does the pictures hosting but many pics out there are copyrighted and it prohibits the use of them and gives you a thumbnail or liks to the website, damn the only time google let me down, i will admit im not a super computer wizz but i like to have a humourus line in my sig which are somethimes hit and miss, but if you could provide a way of getting images and hosting then im all ears!!?

Well, I know I shouldnt have, but I have downloaded eps, especially the new seasons on my computer, so I just take screen caps of them when I see something I like, but other than that if you are on a website and you see a pic you like, if you contact either the webmaster or the person that created or took that pic and ask them if you can use it, they usually allow you to because at least you have asked and not just taken it like most people including my brother lol

I did that when I was creating my Fast and Furious website and they all agreed as long I stated on my site where they were from or I put a link to their site, but Im sure they wont object

Darkstar
January 9th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Well, I know I shouldnt have, but I have downloaded eps, especially the new seasons on my computer, so I just take screen caps of them when I see something I like, but other than that if you are on a website and you see a pic you like, if you contact either the webmaster or the person that created or took that pic and ask them if you can use it, they usually allow you to because at least you have asked and not just taken it like most people including my brother lol

I did that when I was creating my Fast and Furious website and they all agreed as long I stated on my site where they were from or I put a link to their site, but Im sure they wont object

oh cool this site of yours would happen to be about cars would it or is that my limited imagination wronging me again?

id,love to have my own website but always promised myself i would get a new computer first that i could do it on, but at present i don't really spend much time on the web and can leave it a week before comming on this website because i have my email sent to my cell phone wherever i am.
:(

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 06:02 AM
oh cool this site of yours would happen to be about cars would it or is that my limited imagination wronging me again?

Yeah it is, pretty basic site though and the buttons werent uploaded properly, so they dont show

id,love to have my own website but always promised myself i would get a new computer first that i could do it on, but at present i don't really spend much time on the web and can leave it a week before comming on this website because i have my email sent to my cell phone wherever i am.
:(

Kool. I used Angelfire for my website, that way I didnt have to pay and it could teach me how to use HTML properly, even though I gave up for some reason and am now at uni learning Java and C instead, but hey :lol:

Darkstar
January 9th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Yeah it is, pretty basic site though and the buttons werent uploaded properly, so they dont show

Kool. I used Angelfire for my website, that way I didnt have to pay and it could teach me how to use HTML properly, even though I gave up for some reason and am now at uni learning Java and C instead, but hey :lol:

oh yes my website aside from being sci fi would be a website for super cars, like the maclaren mercedes SLR and the new Aston martin which is my favourite, also cars that are tunned up and body worx on them, if i did i would have to post a pic of my car on it but at present my digital camera is broken well i think the memory card is, damn the worst 200 quid i spent that was!! :(

LaCroix
January 9th, 2006, 06:28 AM
nah, nah, nah

i think forever knight ranks up there as one of the suckiest finales. an, although i never watched it, fans of xena hate the last eps of that series and i personally thougth that the last eps of voyager sucked swamp water

7 years!!! SEVEN and we can't even get a 'families running across the tarmac to greet their loved ones'

Have to agree with you on Forever Knight Skydiver. And with a 10 year wait
to find out whether or not LaCroix staked Nick/turned Nat. And yes, even with Kick Start the Knight petitions 10years is a long time.

ETA: A little trivia. Tri-star/Columbia/Sony owns it and Sci-fi and the USA Network aired it after CBS put the Letterman show on.

Hulabaloo
January 9th, 2006, 08:37 AM

Sucking up to 'da man'? Typical. :samanime24:

I love these smileys!

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Sucking up to 'da man'? Typical. :samanime24:

I love these smileys!

:danielanime08: :jack_new_anime25:

:bratacanime13: :tealcanime23:

Me too, how kool are they?

Hulabaloo
January 9th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Soooo cool! Ive learnt this one off by heart! :lol:

Just to let you know
I dont like cliffhangers.:jack_new15:

:jack_new_anime04:

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 09:08 AM
:lol: my best one too :lol:

having problems with remembering the others

Hulabaloo
January 9th, 2006, 09:16 AM
:lol: Me too.

:jack_new_anime25:

Who ya gunna call?
The Goa'uld Busters!

:jack_new_anime25::samanime15: :danielanime08::tealcanime44:

Darkstar
January 9th, 2006, 09:19 AM
oh good for the both of you then. :D

Formerhost
January 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Unfortunately it's not always true. Remember Farscape? We got eventually the mini-series to resolve season 4's cliffhanger and wrap up the loose ends, but it doesn't happen that often.

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM
:lol: Me too.

:jack_new_anime25:

Who ya gunna call?
The Goa'uld Busters!

:jack_new_anime25::samanime15: :danielanime08::tealcanime44:

:jack: :tealc: I know the normal ones (well most of them) :sam: :daniel:

Just had problems with the Teal'c, didnt know whether they put the apostraphy in or not and I can remember the :samanime27:

oh good for the both of you then.

I know

Hulabaloo
January 9th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Uhah. Yeap. :jack_new_anime25:

Hulabaloo
January 9th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Yeah same here.

I dont know why they just dont put

:jack_gun: its soooo much easier.

:jack: :tealc: :sam: :daniel:

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Yeah same here.

I dont know why they just dont put

:jack_gun: its soooo much easier.

:Jack: :Tealc: :sam: :daniel:

See you're havin problems as well :lol:

Hulabaloo
January 9th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah but i changed it! Thank god for the 'Edit' button! :bow:

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Yeah but i changed it! Thank god for the 'Edit' button! :bow:

I know, you can get rid of things you dont want on and you can also correct spelling mistkes :weiranime34: - never

EDIT: mistakes

Hulabaloo
January 9th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Huh? :beckettanime14:
Dont get ya. Confuzzled.

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Huh? :beckettanime14:
Dont get ya. Confuzzled.

:weiranime34: - I shall never bow before my god, I mean a fake god

aAnubiSs
January 9th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Get a room?

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Get a room?

U want join in? :lol:

Hulabaloo
January 9th, 2006, 11:43 AM
:lol: Oh yeah never bow to a false god.

Its fun. :jack_new_anime25:

HirogenGater
January 9th, 2006, 11:43 AM
No cliffhangers, is it necessary anymore? I think Sg-1 has an audience. I remember Voyager Season 4 ending with Hope and Fear, SPOILER...

An episode were the crew thought they might have a real shot of getting home. The episode wrapped up Season 4 nicely and let Season 5 start with a fresh episode, I felt it was very well done.

Hulabaloo
January 9th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I never have liked cliffhangers. :jack_new_anime25: Down with them!

But i spose rating people need them so they get their audience back again the next week.

Major_Griff
January 9th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I do like the cliff hangers, It makes it all the more exciting when the premier aproaches. I think they should go for a cliff hanger, but also have an alternate plan if the show doesn't get renewed.

:replicatoranime01:

Sue_Jackson
January 9th, 2006, 04:56 PM
If there is a cliffhanger, there better be a Season 11. So help me God, if Sci-Fi ever does a Farscape to Stargate SG-1. I will scream, bombard Sci-Fi people with letters, and boycott Sci-Fi.

:jack_new_anime25: :samanime15: :tealc39: :cameronanime10: :ronananime01: :docianime15:

Laros
January 9th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Cliffhangers aren't bad as long as you KNOW that there will be another season. Also, with a show like Stargate that will have been going for 10 years, they will need to change things up a bit. I have several ideas to do just that:

Kill off a character:
Sam or Teal'c would be perfect candidates, as Daniel never stays dead, and you just can't kill the new guys. That's why Heroes was a great 2-parter. If I remember correctly, the middle came when they discovered that someone had been hurt. Actualy following through and killing Janet was completely unexpected and made the episode great instead of just another 2-parter.

The 180 surprise to be continued:
When I was a kid (5 years ago, when I was 12) I watched the final episode of Reboot. Basicaly, they defeated the villain, saved the city, and everything was happy, with 5 minutes left to wrap up the show in this final episode. Instead of wrapping it up, the villain they thought they had killed turned out to be a clone, and the real villain had disguised himself as a main character and was poised to take over the city.
Despite the fact that this is a kids show, I think this would be a great idea for Stargate. Have a 2-parter at the end of season 10, make up a fake ending to release on the internet, then have something blow up the white house. (bad example, but make up some better surprise ending)

LET THE VILLAIN WIN!:
Have a cliffhanger, but instead of the obligatory victory for the heroes that everyone knows will come approximately 39 minutes after they tune in to the riveting conclusion, let the villain's plan succeed. What could possibly be cooler than Baal taking over a small country, training a small army, assaulting the SGC, then using symbiote-controlled personnel to activate the SGC's self destruct device while SG-1 is off-world. (Alright, there are plenty of cooler things, but you get my drift)

As long as they do something different with their cliffhanger, I think it would be a great idea. Otherwise, I don't want to spend 6 months waiting to find out that the villain's plan was foiled, some irrelivant alien was killed, and the good guys won.

Dani347
January 11th, 2006, 12:42 PM
OK, I agree with Dani. I know I'm showing my age but IMO the 2 worst endings of shows ever were Quantam Leap (I would have preferred they killed Sam over leaving him in diner limbo...hey, that sounds familiar now that I think of it..) and Soap (half of the characters were about to be killed by the other half of the characters [if you guys don't know this show let me just say that Billy Crystal was the LEAST funny person on it, that's how funny it was]). So, no, if they don't absolutely know there will be an 11th season, PLEASE don't end it with a cliffhanger!!

Oh, no. The ending for Quantum Leap was worse than that. There was an ending. He never came home. Ever. Still makes me mad.

Sorry. Any mention of Quantum Leap requires that I rant about Sam never coming home. Okay, back to the cliffhanger discussion.

Uber
January 11th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Oh, no. The ending for Quantum Leap was worse than that. There was an ending. He never came home. Ever. Still makes me mad.

Sorry. Any mention of Quantum Leap requires that I rant about Sam never coming home. Okay, back to the cliffhanger discussion.Wow. I so agree. I HATED this show's ending above almost any other show of all time.

They could have made it a cliffhanger...given us hope, a sense that maybe one day he'd return to his home and to his wife. But no...they set us up bigtime. His missions would get harder and harder and he NEVER returned home. I almost wept when I saw those words on the screen. Actually, after the shock wore off, I think I did cry a bit. Then I was angry and I've stayed angry to the point that I have a tough time even watching the re-runs on SciFi. I can handle a rough go for the characters as long as I have a sense that, in the grand scheme of things, it all works out in the end. The PTB from Quantum Leap cheated us of that and I sure hope that SG-1 doesn't do the same. My reaction would be much worse as I'm more invested as a fan in SG-1 than I ever was in QL.

And to the person who suggested either Sam or Teal'c should die, I personally would like to smack you repeatedly with a wet noodle (hey, I'm not a violent person). I wept bitterly with Meridian and with Heroes and frankly I don't think I could take losing another major character. I know we got Daniel back but still...I didn't know that at the time and it nearly killed me (metaphorically speaking of course).

So please PTB, I'm beggin' here. No more major character deaths unless they're the Daniel kind where they are resurrected.

keshou
January 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah, for the sake of all my fond memories of these characters - characters I've LOVED - I hope they don't end on some kind of cliffhanger that implies a massive death of half the team. Cause I have an awful feeling Sam, Daniel and Teal'c would be in peril as they kept their options open for lightening their budget for S11.

I'd rather just see them head thru a gate on another "routine" mission to save the world, knowing they're always going to come back. :)

I think they were pretty confident they were going to get S10 and that's why they went ahead and wrote the S9 cliffhanger. But I sure hope they don't do that for the end of S10.

I'm glad I stopped watching Quantum Leap before the end - that sounds depressing as heck. :(

Formerhost
January 12th, 2006, 10:27 AM
After reading spoilers for the season's opener I'm going to say: YES!!! :D

Lieutenant Colonel Davis
January 13th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Well I would hope that SG-1 takes a page from Law & Order and cycles thru the cast. Maybe in season 11 we have 2 new people, season 14 1 more new person and by season we would have a cast that doesn't have any of the origanal cast. It worked for Law & Order why can't it work for Stargate?

This icon makes no sense. :mckayanime17:

walter_MacChevron
January 13th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Well I would hope that SG-1 takes a page from Law & Order and cycles thru the cast. Maybe in season 11 we have 2 new people, season 14 1 more new person and by season we would have a cast that doesn't have any of the origanal cast. It worked for Law & Order why can't it work for Stargate?

I REALLY hope that stargate does not take a page from Law and Order....a show such as this is more into the characters than the core concept. I think that when RDA left, it was a red flag that this show wont be around forever, and a lot of people on here might think this show will last 13 or 14 seasons....but I really hope it does not have a new team by then. I will say it again for the millionth time: I think this show will last 12 seasons.......a good 80 episodes of the "new show" (cam, lam, ori, landry, etc.) and that looks not as tacked on as 40 episodes of the "new show" (if it got cancelled after season 10) so 174 episodes of the gouald and 80 episodes of new character develpment and the Ori.

Lieutenant Colonel Davis
January 13th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I disagree, I thing it would be a great ending lets say in 5-7 years to have the series finale to have an all new team go thru the gate and cut to the credits. seaQuest would of done well with all the cast changes if they didn't go all dumb and deal with space monsters.

happyclappy
January 15th, 2006, 10:52 AM
i think they should end with a cliff hanger, even if there isnt another series afterwards they can use it to make a feature length film with both SG1 and atlantis coming to save the day against the obvious peril they are in for there to be a cliff hanger in the first place?! am i making sence!?

creed462
January 17th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Sure they can alway make a movie or mini to finish the show

Tiret
January 17th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Aaargh...I'm tortured by cliff-hangers. But it depends what kind of cliff-hanger. I haven't come across any reason to stop watching SG1 yet, so I hope they go on another season or two at the least. I think I can never get enough of stargates and light sabers, no matter who the characters are using them.

Besides, they can't quit 'til I've had the chance to audition for them! (That goes for Atlantis and SG1!) LOL ;)

dreamer
January 24th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I hope they don't leave it as a cliff hanger. I do not watch the season enders because they are cliff hangers. Nothing is worse than having to wait to see the end of the show. It just doesn't sit well. Rather have an end to issues so that if the shows do not come back then you aren't left holding a bag of question marks.

Linkinparkgundam
January 25th, 2006, 06:52 PM
My ideas of a chiffhanger would be...
This is for all the Sam/Jack shippers out there....

1)Sam gets shot by something (what that something is I leave up to you) and appers to get killed, cut to Jack getting a phone call, he answers, and his facial expressions change, then the credits roll
2) Jack ask Sam to marry him despite the regs

The next ideas are for the Daniel Lovers out there...

1) Sarah (a.k.a Orsis) comes back and tell Daniel something that will change his life forever. (Like he has a child by her... or his mother and/or father is still alive)
2) Daniel gets killed permentally (or the apperance of getting killed)
3) He disappers w/o a trace

shiznaw
January 25th, 2006, 07:55 PM
ITs probably best to end the show at the end of the season.

the fifth man
January 25th, 2006, 09:51 PM
ITs probably best to end the show at the end of the season.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're in the minority on that one, bub. Personally, I say go with a cliffhanger for season 10. Afterall, something has to lead us into season 11, right?:)

shiznaw
January 25th, 2006, 09:52 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're in the minority on that one, bub. Personally, I say go with a cliffhanger for season 10. Afterall, something has to lead us into season 11, right?:)
IS there a Season 11 scheduled and in the works?

scjon
January 26th, 2006, 05:12 AM
If there is definitely going to be a season 11 (or even a mini-series/movie), then I don't mind season 10 ending on a cliff hanger. If not, then I think it should have a relatively open ending-SG1 (whoever is on the team by then!) going through the Gate or something like that.

alfakim
January 26th, 2006, 05:34 PM
i personally love it when a season DOESNT end on a cliffhanger. cliffhanger endings are just terrible, there's no sense of containment to the season, more a sense of leakage. it's very unartistic.

AscendedWarrior
January 28th, 2006, 05:51 AM
I want a cliffhanger. And more seasons:D

The Engineer
January 29th, 2006, 04:45 AM
The only thing that works either ways is an open ending with a few conclusions a few revelations. So what ever may come next season would be something naturally or if it has to end abruptly then we would be "satisfied" with that.
On a personal note: I would not like a cancellation, especially after seeing how good season 9 turned out to be.

schweinsty
February 4th, 2006, 10:25 AM
I think it would be alright to end in a cliffhanger - if there's a season or a mini-series planned afterwards. However, if there's not, well, a cliffhanger would still be all right - as long as it ended on a positive-ish note.
For example, the Ori coming to kill earth and its inhabitants but the SGC and the Jaffa have an armada stationed over earth and various planets, and it ends with SG-1 walking up the ramp and Cam or Daniel or someone saying something to the effect of (but not as cliched as) "We'll keep on fighting" or "We'll give it our best shot" or "They're not taking us without a fight."
That'd be classic SG-1, imo.

FallenAngelII
February 4th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Sure, as long as they do continue on it. Angel ended with a huge cliffhanger. The rest of the episode was spectacular, but it ended with a cliffhanger with a "maybe" for future movies. None yet.

"Alf" ended with the biggest cliffhanger efter. And then it got cancelled.

Commander Jumper
February 4th, 2006, 11:24 AM
All good things must come to an end. though I am not paticularly looking forward to the end of this good thing. :danielanime08: .
but you can't end it on a happynote. I t wouldn't fit in with the context of the show. plus that would be a cheesey way to end a seiries.
but you can't put a cliff hanger at the end of a seiies either unless they're going to give us a movie or something.
and you can't kill off the characters because that would be the owrst ending to a seiries. i feel bad for the writers they must be really chalenged, trying to come up with a good ending to the best telivision show ever.

but hey let's not talk about ending it be more opstimistic and think season 11.

:jack: :daniel: :sam: :tealc: :jonas: :hammond: :vala:

Commander Ivanova
February 7th, 2006, 07:44 AM
It's gotta be a Butch 'n' Sundance, Thelma 'n' Louise, Blackadder over-the-top style ending for me, going out in a blaze of glory.