X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Future For Futurama?

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34002

Talks have begun at 20th Century Fox TV to revive the animated TV show Futurama, much in the same way Family Guy found new life after cancellation, Variety reported.
    More...
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 04 January 2006, 03:03 PM.
    sigpic

This piece of news is quite old
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

You sure? The date says 4th of Jan, 2006.

Anyway, I really really hope this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        You sure? The date says 4th of Jan, 2006.

Anyway, I really really hope this is true.
        That is the date of the article dude.

Comment

That news better not be old, cos it's a quality show and now i've gone and gotten my hopes up! I watched the last episode today, the one with devil bot. He was the highlight of that episode. As long as Leela and Fry aren't together, that could end up going horribly wrong.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

^ Guess we were both watching Sky One at the same time again.

Comment

Well, i'd already watched Neighbours at lunch (), and there really is nothing better than a bit of Futurama in the evening!
              T'was a brilliant episode though. Of Futurama, not Neighbours.

"How Ironic".....

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Please bring it bac I LOVE Futurama (I was watching that ep too, that WAS the last one )
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I have no idea how old the news is but I read a similar thing on Slashdot
                  It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Ooh, I hope they do bring it back. I have the four seasons on DVD but would love more, heh.
                    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

it would be neat, but its another mistake of fox part for canceling it in the first place
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                        That is the date of the article dude.
                        Obviously, where else would I get a date?

Hmm...that came off kinda wrong.

Anyway, if it's old, then maybe someone can provide some proof.

Comment

Morbo is pleased, but sticky.

I've already started watching all 4 volumes of my Futurama DVDs in honor of this news. I'm pretty much done with volume 1.

Comment

I love Futurama. It's a shame it got cancelled. I think the intelligence levels were higher than the Simpsons.

The Simpsons was clever in that it appealed to kids and had humour for the adults, but Futurama was very adult entertainment, really. I don't think they properly marketed it. They made it out just to be another cartoon show, and it's not. Neither is it The Simpsons.

I'd love to see it revived. Really would. So much mileage they could still get out.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Its true Tracy.
                              Here's why Futurama died:

1) Poor...VERY poor promotion. FOX never, ever said "this show is great! watch it!" It was more like ""Futurama is on at 7. Here's a crappy reality show in the meantime"

2) TERRIBLE timeslot. The 7pm slot on Sundays = death. Futurama was ALWAYS, and by always I mean 9/10 times, pre-empted by FOX's sunday Football. They never started it in full after - they just never showed it.

3) People thought it was just going to be a hack on the Simpsons. But it wasn't. It was WAY better.

Ever wonder why The Simpsons hasn't been good in about 6 years? Because Groening turned over all his creative efforts to Futurama, and it showed. Simpsons lost writers, and good production, and look at the absolute CRAP is has become over the past 5 or 6 years. I don't even make it a point to remember the show is even on anymore. It's not worth the money i would have to pay to the electric company for having the TV on.
                              Groening and company had amazing ideas for Futurama, but ONCE AGAIN, FOX SCREWED EVERYONE

Just like they did with tons of other shows.

FOX is run by monkeys. Dumb monkeys.

Comment

Working...
                              X