No announcement yet.

Arthur's Mantle (918)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pretty good episode. The ending was a bit abrupt and unbelievable that Mitchell would grab the chip, but it really isn't that important.

I'm not sure how the Sodan cloak allowed one to see a Arthur's Cloak user, but perhaps that will be explained in the future. I hope this device Merlin invented is either destroyed or has more to it then just flipping on and blowing stuff up.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

whats the deal with this thing that kills ascended beings? how does that work
      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Okay. Alan McCullough wrote this, right? I am starting to see he likes writing Mitchell a certain kind of way.

I thought we'd get an Ori free episode, but at least there wasn't nothing said about them saying anything. I'm fine as long as they don't do the whole message, twisted version of Biblical thing. But, what is this with nasty stuff coming out of people's mouths? I'm used to having to cover my eyes and go, "Ew! Ew!" with CSI and ER when I watched, but not Stargate.

Daniel looking through texts is a sight I never tire of. Also was cute the way he can't help being in teacher mode. "Myrrdian, who we better as?" Pause, waiting for Landry to answer.

An Ancient weapon? Can we find it like, next episode and kill the Ori now? Or, at least render them silent?

Hmm, was Bill Lee always so goofy?

Will have more to say after reading other responses.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

ok, cam comes in, sam's working has been all night
          she's playing with one of the toys they found in merlin's cave
          she has a breakthrough, does something and whammo theyu're out of phase

commercial

no biggie, they'll just find daniel and he'll see them and they'll fix it, cept daniel can't see them

meanwhile, teal'c gets word the the sodan are under attack and goes off to check it out

sam and cam wander around, they're stuck, can't eat or interact....but still dont' fall through the floor

eventually security tapes show what happened and dr lee is on the case....and he's watched 'honey i shrunk the kids' too many times and thinks they've been miniaturized

eventually they realize that theyu're out of phase. now sam and cam have a nice display from the device...but it's in ancient and neither of them speak it

they manage a kind of yes and no communication with daniel and work to translate.

meanwhile teal'c is in trouble and overdue so mitch just HAS to go rescue him. it's ok, he's out of phase and can't be hurt

dr lee is his normal efficient self and whammo, daniel is out of phase too. but at least the translations will go faster now

he and sam find out that the device is arthur's mantle and that arthur was working on a weapon, something so important that he descended to work on it....a way to kill ascended beings (gee, three guesses what this is for????? the season is almost over and they do need a plot device to get rid of those pesky ori)

daniel also finds out how to get back, despite the fact that lee messes up and drains most of hte machine's power - have to have that happen, can't have the sgc having access to merlin's notes after all

teal'c is still on the planet, and is cut off. the whole sodan village has been creamed by.....wait for it......a ZOMBIE! yes, one of the sodan fell afoul of the priors and got zombieized and killed most of his people

cam, of course, is off world and sam and daniel, who have figured out how to reverse it, have no idea if it'll fix cam or not

it does...just in time to put him in peril

and we end with a nice teal'c/cam bonding moment and the promise that we have our deus ex machina to fix the baddies

---

all in all, it's not too bad. it did have some fun moments and i laughed. there were several glitches. like sg-12 wearing desert boots with their green camos, earth's PoO on the address to teh location of the super weapon, lee draining the device to keep us from knowing more and other bits of clumsy writing. cam also is like mckay and massively food obsessed

homages included crystal skull, WoO and rod's food obsession

mccullough and peter do keep up the obnoxious cam like i said above. it did work a bit better since he's only acting like a moron with sam, but still it's a bit trying (oh, and another cam/jonas similarity, he's read and memorized every single sg1 mission report)

enjoyable and a decent way to kill an hour...but ultimately it's nothing more than filler and set up for the finale
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            ok, cam comes in, sam's working has been all night
            she's playing with one of the toys they found in merlin's cave
            she has a breakthrough, does something and whammo theyu're out of phase

commercial

no biggie, they'll just find daniel and he'll see them and they'll fix it, cept daniel can't see them

meanwhile, teal'c gets word the the sodan are under attack and goes off to check it out

sam and cam wander around, they're stuck, can't eat or interact....but still dont' fall through the floor

eventually security tapes show what happened and dr lee is on the case....and he's watched 'honey i shrunk the kids' too many times and thinks they've been miniaturized

eventually they realize that theyu're out of phase. now sam and cam have a nice display from the device...but it's in ancient and neither of them speak it

they manage a kind of yes and no communication with daniel and work to translate.

meanwhile teal'c is in trouble and overdue so mitch just HAS to go rescue him. it's ok, he's out of phase and can't be hurt

dr lee is his normal efficient self and whammo, daniel is out of phase too. but at least the translations will go faster now

he and sam find out that the device is arthur's mantle and that arthur was working on a weapon, something so important that he descended to work on it....a way to kill ascended beings (gee, three guesses what this is for????? the season is almost over and they do need a plot device to get rid of those pesky ori)

daniel also finds out how to get back, despite the fact that lee messes up and drains most of hte machine's power - have to have that happen, can't have the sgc having access to merlin's notes after all

teal'c is still on the planet, and is cut off. the whole sodan village has been creamed by.....wait for it......a ZOMBIE! yes, one of the sodan fell afoul of the priors and got zombieized and killed most of his people

cam, of course, is off world and sam and daniel, who have figured out how to reverse it, have no idea if it'll fix cam or not

it does...just in time to put him in peril

and we end with a nice teal'c/cam bonding moment and the promise that we have our deus ex machina to fix the baddies

---

all in all, it's not too bad. it did have some fun moments and i laughed. there were several glitches. like sg-12 wearing desert boots with their green camos, earth's PoO on the address to teh location of the super weapon, lee draining the device to keep us from knowing more and other bits of clumsy writing. cam also is like mckay and massively food obsessed

mccullough and peter do keep up the obnoxious cam like i said above. it did work a bit better since he's only acting like a moron with sam, but still it's a bit trying (oh, and another cam/jonas similarity, he's read and memorized every single sg1 mission report)

enjoyable and a decent way to kill an hour...but ultimately it's nothing more than filler and set up for the finale
            question: do we just now find out arthur was an ascended being? if arthur was working on this why do we need merlins notes?

and ur right they do need a plot device to kill the ori b/c really with the way they have it unless we found ancient tech to kill all ori worshippers or the ancients got involved, we basically cannot win.

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Good!

Okay, Crystal Skull obvious. What homage to WoO, who's Rod, and what food obsession? Mitchell wanting breakfast? But, who's Rod?

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

oo and another thing, personally i would like to have seen a war betweent the ascended beings

i thin kthat would have been something much much cooler. something like they had in babylon 5 between the vorlons and the shadows.

a weapon is way to convient and makes the end way to aburpt

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  Deux ex Machina indeed. The convenience factor is extremely high.
                  It's a good thing I'm easily amused.
                  oh yeah. convenience is the name of the game.

too many things fell into place too neatly

it was almsot like it hit them 'oh crud, the season is over in 2 more eps and we don't have anything in place to set things up for the finale...ok, let's cram all the playing pieces in one episode, no one will ever notice'

it was fun to watch...it just didn't strain your comprehension too much.

lately, stargate is less 'how are they going to get out of this' and more 'ok, how soon will they put the candlestick in the parlor so captain mustard can solve the problem'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                    Good!

Okay, Crystal Skull obvious. What homage to WoO, who's Rod, and what food obsession? Mitchell wanting breakfast? But, who's Rod?

window of opportunity in daniel having to teach someone ancient or be the translator for something he can't see

and rod is rodney mckay, a character on atlantis who's obsessed with getting his three squares a day

sigpic

Comment

yooo the ships are cool like the round stuff that unamed showed us last week, i hope scifi.com puts the trailer tomorrow to see it again. SO the oddyssey is gonna be there and also the korolev i believe the russian ship is going to have the prometheus design because in the trailer they show a ship just like the promethues, but it could just be an old clip from the last time the giant stargate was shown
                      sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

I enjoyed it a lot.

Great seeing a semi-follow up to the crystal skull episode and the sodan was great.

Halarious when Daniel got pushed into the other dimension along with Sam and Cam.

Great moments in this one.

3/4 stars.

I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                          question: do we just now find out arthur was an ascended being? if arthur was working on this why do we need merlins notes?

and ur right they do need a plot device to kill the ori b/c really with the way they have it unless we found ancient tech to kill all ori worshippers or the ancients got involved, we basically cannot win.
                          sorry, my bad, i meant merlin was the ancient

the invisible thingie is called arthur's mantle

sigpic

Comment

window of opportunity in daniel having to teach someone ancient or be the translator for something he can't see

and rod is rodney mckay, a character on atlantis who's obsessed with getting his three squares a day

Thanks.

Now, I missed a few minutes after the credits, so did they say why Teal'c was on the Sodan planet in the first place? Did they get word about what happened, and he and the other SGC members went there to check it out?

Comment

sorry, my bad, i meant merlin was the ancient

the invisible thingie is called arthur's mantle
                              wow the fact that an ascended ancient ascends then coems back to make a machine that can destory ascended beings is....just weird

i wonder how a machine like that is gonna work...be interesting to see how they write it

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                Thanks.

Now, I missed a few minutes after the credits, so did they say why Teal'c was on the Sodan planet in the first place? Did they get word about what happened, and he and the other SGC members went there to check it out?
                                they got a radio message calling for help

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X