Stronghold (914)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
    yet anouther Baal clone bites the dust (I hope as I love Baal)
    Naahh--three staff blasts to take out Ba'al? I don't think so! He'll be back.

Originally posted by prion
    Hmm, is Baal’s suit made out of drapes?
    Hey, I like Ba'al's outfit!

Speaking of Ba'al--rather interesting notions he's picked up. I wonder if he's sincere or if it's some new, nefarious plan. Maybe a little bit of both.

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i did think that the cameron B plot was super cheesy and silly adn let's not even go into the plot hole of leaving classified alien tech u nsecured in a hospital (why didn't cam move him to the sgc?????)
    Yeah, I thought the same thing (and good point about moving his buddy to the SGC).

Originally posted by seshat
    And what was with Sam opening and working on the control panel in full view and line of sight for the "bad" jaffa weapons...and NOT ONE hit her with a zat blast?? Geez, these guys were worse shots than ever before. Even I could have hit her. Brainwashing must really affect jaffa aim.
    LOL! I must confess I was wondering about the poor aim, also. Blaming brainwashing sounds good to me!

It was nice seeing Bra'tac again, but the whole Jaffa politics thing is just not that interesting to me. Well, except it's nice they finally have self-rule. At the rate they've been killing everyone off, I was a trifle worried that Tea'lc would do him in. I was thinking how absolutely awful that would be for Tea'lc, and Bra'tac is one of my favorites--I would really hate to see him go (especially if he were killed by Tea'lc).

I really like the way they're handling Sam and Cam's friendship. Little moments here and there--very nice.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

The scene where Bra'tac had his hand around the Jaffa's throat reminded me a bit of Prisoners, where Teal'c did the same thing to one of the prisoners who had apparently been bothering Daniel. Daniel still reacted (sort of like when Black Daniel asked Black Teal'c if zatting our Mitchell wouldn't have been easier) but he's no longer shocked by seeing that. I thought it was a nice look at how his experiences have made him evolve and how he's still the same, too. Although, I have a feeling the connection to Prisoners wasn't on the writer's mind when that scene was put in. Still, I'm glad I saw it.

BTW, why do episodes mention having "excerpts" written by RCC? What excerpts?

eta: I'm assuming the female Jaffa at the begining was brainwashed? Did Ba'al brainwash her, or did they explain?

warmbeachbrat
      At the rate they've been killing everyone off, I was a trifle worried that Tea'lc would do him in. I was thinking how absolutely awful that would be for Tea'lc, and Bra'tac is one of my favorites--I would really hate to see him go (especially if he were killed by Tea'lc).
      Same here. I just knew Bra'tac was going to get killed, and I was going to have to have a little talk with some writers about that stupid idea. Glad it didn't go that way.

eta (and I've been editing this darn post about 4 times already): Is it usually this quiet after an episode? I was expecting a lot more posts from people saying how much they loved it, hated it, loved part of it -but, hated most of it-except, or couldn't care less. Just more talk about it any which way.
      Last edited by Dani347; 27 January 2006, 06:09 PM.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

was pete mentioned? i heard he might be
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          was pete mentioned? i heard he might be
          Yes, but not in the annoying way it was thought he would be. Not sure if that was a re-write or if the original spoiler was wrong.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

It was slightly predictable, although I expected that as soon as they handed Teal'c the weapon he would go at Ba'al.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Yes, but not in the annoying way it was thought he would be. Not sure if that was a re-write or if the original spoiler was wrong.
              Do you mean Sam saying she might have told him without permission? I remember seeing something like that in the spoilers. I think after they write it where we see Mitchell asking permission first, it made that whole thing moot. Mitchell obviously didn't war with himself about whether or not to tell dying friend (I am so tempted to call him Dead Meat, but feel I might get jumped on for poor taste ) without permission. He only warred with himself as to whether or not to ask for permission so he could tell.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Fun episode.

The Good:

Some insight into how Cam got into the x302 program.

Lots of Brat'ac!

Brat'ac using the Alkesh bomber.

Sam leading all the troops into an awesome battle.

Great to see the Jaffa finally getting their act together.

More Ba'al!!!!!!!!!!!

Teal'c owns Ba'al!

The not so Good:

The whole dying friend thing wasn't too gripping, although I enjoyed Cam destroying the candy machine.

Cam running around the battlefield like a maniac, your a colonel get your act together.

Cam pushing Teal'c away at the end when he was only trying to help, it could of been a great T&C bonding scene.
                I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                  BTW, why do episodes mention having "excerpts" written by RCC? What excerpts?
                  That would have been the fighter sequences flashbacks with Mitchell from Avalon. RCC wrote that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                    Do you mean Sam saying she might have told him without permission? I remember seeing something like that in the spoilers. I think after they write it where we see Mitchell asking permission first, it made that whole thing moot. Mitchell obviously didn't war with himself about whether or not to tell dying friend (I am so tempted to call him Dead Meat, but feel I might get jumped on for poor taste ) without permission. He only warred with himself as to whether or not to ask for permission so he could tell.
                    Exactly. So they may have re-ordered that from the original script.
                    Or the spoilers could simply have been wrong.

It would be wrong (and illegal) for either of them to blab without permission and I would think less of either of them if they gave "serious" consideration to doing so (not passing consideration as that is just normal but serious consideration, and then admitting to it later. That would just weaken the character IMHO).
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
                      Cam running around the battlefield like a maniac, your a colonel get your act together.

Cam pushing Teal'c away at the end when he was only trying to help, it could of been a great T&C bonding scene.
                      I like that comment about getting his act together because he's a Colonel. I felt that scene showed that he was not trustworthy or dependable so early in his introduction. Having a bad day doesn't justify being stupid on the battlefield. He needs to learn to separate his emotions when he's off-world.

You know, I kind of fast-forwarded through the Teal'c and Mitchell moment and I thought it was a bonding moment, so I'm surprised to hear that Mitchell pushed him away. Now how is that supposed to bond him to the team? Is he going to constantly be a brooding character with moments of stupid one line quips the rest of the year? Again, TPTB are really screwing up with this character. It's like they are trying too hard for the fans to like him instead of just letting the storylines flow. I hope we are done with the flashbacks and outside SGC storylines. They wasted precious moments that we could have seen either Sam, Daniel or Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                        That would have been the fighter sequences flashbacks with Mitchell from Avalon. RCC wrote that.
                        Thanks.

I've decided (or I've discovered) that I'm a character watcher. I mean, I like a basically good plot, but any episode that has nice character moments already starts off from a solid grounding point for me. And, I thought this had nice moments for all of them. Teal'c seething at the council meeting, and the talk at the end with Mitchell. And, I liked the Mitchell and Sam scene, and the questions it brought up. And, I really liked Daniel and Bra'tac together, and I honestly didn't see anything Jack-like, not even in the "he's spent 8 years working closely with the man, and things are bound to rub off" kind of way. And, it was a tiny little thing, but like I said, I enjoyed the scene with Sam and Daniel. It just felt natural between the two of them. So, just for those moments alone, this episode has enough to make me like it.

But, funny, for an episode that I suppose was a split between a Teal'c and Mitchell episode, I really didn't latch on too much to the main plot of either of their stories. Like I said, the most interesting part of Mitchell's story was him talking to Sam and then Teal'c. Although I did notice when he was playing the video game with his friend and it dawned on him that the friend was tiring out. And, the whole brainwashing torture scenes really didn't grab me.

I also would have done the impatience thing differently. Not only would I not have announced it, I would have maybe shown some small hints of it in earlier episodes.

eta: As much as bonding is great and all, from a character standpoint (and not even Mitchell in particular) I think not opening up to Teal'c or figuratively coming in for a hug (please note the figurative in this sentence. i couldn't think of another way to convey the opposite of pushing him away, but I hope you get my meaning) made sense. A close friend of Mitchell's is going to die, because of actions he did to save Mitchell. And, even though his friend tried to alleviate the guilt, Mitchell does still feel guilty. Both those things would make it natural for anyone to want to brood alone. And, I think Mitchell has a tendency to want to go off by himself when he's feeling guilty. Sort of like in CD, when he was alone in the lockerroom at the end until Landry showed up. I think it's an interesting character trait, and actually I like finding out about that more than the impatience, since it didn't feel telegraphed.
                        Last edited by Dani347; 27 January 2006, 06:33 PM.

Comment

So what did Sam actually say about Pete?

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                            So what did Sam actually say about Pete?
                            She was trying to console Mitchell because he felt guilty about telling his friend (after he got permission so I am not entirely clear on why)... She said that she told her dad and Pete and Mitchell countered with her dad became a tokra (i think, cant rember) and pete was shot by a goa'uld (do remember this).

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              She was trying to console Mitchell because he felt guilty about telling his friend (after he got permission so I am not entirely clear on why)... She said that she told her dad and Pete and Mitchell countered with her dad became a tokra (i think, cant rember) and pete was shot by a goa'uld (do remember this).
                              thanks. well, i was expecting worse from the pete convo, so that's ok

Comment

Ba'al + Ori = Great Ba'als of Fire!!

I'll agree - this is the best episode of the season so far. Granted the Mitch subplot was rather boring and the endless needling from his friend was irksome, but I really enjoyed the Jaffa politics and all the scenes with Ba'al. He's the GQ of the Goa'uld.

I'm having a memory lapse (pun! pun!), but was the machine Mitch gave his buddy from the Collateral Damage planet? Kinda hard to see Mitch being okay about a device that played a role in framing him for murder and watching him kill a woman over and over.

Normal Mitch is much more likeable than one-liner frat boy Mitch. Keep that coming. Always good to see more Teal'c screentime, and anything with Bra'tac is always appreciated. And was it just me, or did this ep seem a little Daniel-lite?

I never get tired of seeing Sam in charge.

Comment

Working...
                                X