Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasn't that good
    the sfx were the best part of it

glad that Orion isn't yet another Daedalus class ship, but a Aurora class ship.

Comment

thank you everyone for the spoilers!!!!!
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I quite enjoyed this ep...first stargate episode for a while to have real tension and place characters in real risk.

Comment

I think Katie Brown is going to pissed once she finds out about "Hot blond that ruined the entire planet" whom rodney is apparently going on a date with.

I thought it was heading for "To Be Continued" then rodney came through with the "fix" that was pretty cool.

Nice ep, changing the "danger" from teyla\ronon (another teyla\ronon "moment") then the group as a whole.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

lol, McKay's solution to the problem (riding the ship out on the blast from the volcano and doing a short hyperspace hop) was pretty random and kinda dodgy
            There were a few pacing issues. The bead with Sheppard trying to lead the villagers back to the Orion was unnessacary. I would have dropped that for some more jeopardy of Teyla and Ronan.

I did like the fact we got to see Weir flex her diplomatic muscles. However, I would kill for a real diplomatic negotiation that she participates in (by real, I mean actually showing the whole 'song and dance' routine that is a part of all diplomatic negotiations).

The anti-kirkers might have a few problems with this episode - it seemed to me that Shep and Rodney were trying to compete with each other to see who would get to score with the chick. Also, I was kind of dissapointed at the lack of purposful involvement for the chick (her name alludes me atm...). Alot of the time she was just standing there while Sheppard and McKay tried to outdo each other.

But overall it was a generally enjoyable episode. The Orion looks pretty cool, and we'll probably be seeing it in action next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
              Once again, the writers get the science completely backwards. If they're drawing their power from geothermal energy, they'd be removing energy from the planet, not adding to it.

Oh, but wait! A shiney ancient ship! Oooo, look at the ship...

Maybe the Ancients took a low-tech approach and made it steam operated, but when blondey disabled the failsafes then large and constant amounts of water were dumped into it creating more steam and pressure than could be releived by the pressure valves?

Comment

Sorry for (sort of) hijacking the thread, but anyone got screencaps of the ship ?

Comment

So this is the new ship that will be going from Pegasus to the MW?

Comment

i don't know but i wanna see it!!!

Comment

Here's a pic of the ship in the hangar.

And one of it in space.

Bye, A.
                      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Wow... Loved this ep! Absolutely did!
                        I was sitting there, eyes glued on the screen and they even had me at the point that I seriously would have thought this was going to end bad, IF I could stay away from spoilers and didn't know better already...
                        There was Teyla and Ronon almost suffocating with no way to go..
                        There was Sheppard trapped in the city with nowhere to go...
                        There was MyKay and the others aboard the ship, ready to leave, but trapped by steaming lava...

Of course, the Deadalus saved half the day and McKay got to save the other half again. But he was really adorable, being completely aware that Shep was playing him, but falling for it anyway...

Great lead-in to the finale... Although if I think about the next 6 months WITHOUT Atlantis, it makes me wanna cry...
                        Anyway, I'm glad I'm back to that...
                        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                          Sheppard meanwhile, is busy screwing yet another "hot" (quoting Weir) Pegasus chick.
                          At least this chick looked like she was out of high school. I thought the girl liked McKay, but I guess that made Sheppard jealous. But Sheppard "checking out", kissing, or hugging, every young gal he meets is really OLD and it took away from what was a pretty good episode. I would really like to see a Shep-lite episode that concentrated on the scientists, who I find much more interesting.

Will be interesting to see what our heroes can do with the Orion.

Comment

Solid episode, indeed one of the best of season 2 so far.

A pity I already read some spoilers about next weeks episode since I really liked how they foreshadowed some elements of it.
                            Spoiler:
                            That there's just 1 ship comming instead of a whole fleet, meaning that "Michael"'s hyve kept the information to themselves.

And to those complaining about Sheppard going after the pretty woman again, apart from that one could hardly blame him in this case , it felt more like a writer's joke when she fell into Sheppard's arms and McKay rolling his eyes at it.

Comment

I am pumped to see if they actually get to keep this ship around for a while. Regarding Season 3 spoilers:
                              Spoiler:
                              I think one of the main reasons the Asgard will be coming to Atlantis more is because the Tauri may have a ship more advanced than theirs.

Comment

good ep well great ep and I just wanted to say that no we are not in the same place we were last season if you read the caption for the ep we are at a very diff spot but anyways I had to stay up till 3am to watch this and before this ep came on I was watching "Event Horizons” and the bow of the Orion looked ALOT like the bow of the Event Horizons
                                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X