This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing info on the Ring Transporter!!

Are the Ring Transporters also Ancient Technology as the Stargate themselves are?

I know that the snakeheads stole Ancient technology, was this one of them?

Marietsy

yes it was "stolen", it was discovered in Lost City part2 that the ancients had a set of rings in the Earth outpost...

Comment

Thanks a bunch! You were truly helpful. Why I couldn't remember that myself is a mystery. *sigh*

Comment

Plus in Avalon or Origin
        Spoiler:
        the ori have a set
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Yup, Yup
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Plus in Avalon or Origin
            Spoiler:
            the ori have a set
            same as in beachhead
            Spoiler:
            when the matter stream from the rings was pulled into the singularity

Comment

so can the gould make their own now?? if not they would have had to steal butt loads of them.

Comment

Originally posted by wedge11
                so can the gould make their own now?? if not they would have had to steal butt loads of them.
                seeing as they are in ships i guess the gould mabnaged to reverse engineer their own, like what they did with data crystals.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                  Yup, Yup
                  Yup, Yup
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                    seeing as they are in ships i guess the gould mabnaged to reverse engineer their own, like what they did with data crystals.
                    When did we see the Goa'uld use ancient data crystal technology?

I also need to add that we were first shown that ring transporter were Ancient Technology in "The Lost City."

Comment

no the ancienet had crystel data tech, like the white chip type in atlantis, then i suspect anubis or ra back in the good ol day found it being used in places like dakara or the prototype outpost and adapted it.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by SpangledExpanse
                        When did we see the Goa'uld use ancient data crystal technology?
                        I also need to add that we were first shown that ring transporter were Ancient Technology in "The Lost City."
                        I think most part of the advanced technology in the Milky Way and in Pegasus comes from the Ancients, and I explain why I see things this way: from what we know, there was nothing in these two galaxies before the Ancients came to them. As they colonised the Milky Way, they scattered some pieces of technology like transporter rings, stargates, out-posts and probably a few ships. When they left our galaxy for Pagasus, they brought with them their advanced ships, but left behind them the gates, the rings, and a few "archaic" ships (as archaic as Ancient tech could be). The civilisations they had created developped (and probably the Goa'uld too, like they will later do with the Wraith) and used their technology (that didn't prevent them to develop their own advanced tech, but when a reliable, advanced and efficient technology can be easily obtained, why losing time to build a home-made one, cf Prometheus with Naquadria and Asgard drive). We can suppose the Goa'uld build their first ships from the (less advanced) Ancient ships, and conquered the Milky Way fast enough to prevent other civilisations to develop more than them (except a few exeption like the Tollans, the Ashens...). I came to this idea (correct sentence ?) by looking the command panels of Goa'uld and Ancient ships (or computers...) which seem to have a family air, whereas Asgard panels (which, from what we know, seem to have been less influenced by the Ancients) are different.
                        Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Goa'uld Control Crystals are carbon copies of those used by DHDs. The rings seem to be primitive enough for the Goa'uld to use. It is most likely that the rings were a very early Ancient device. According to Carter it uses similar tech to the gates, perhaps a step in their early attempts at the gates? It is safe to assume that the gould (with their superior memory) advanced at an exponential rate once they evolved the ability to take hosts. Obtaining the knowledge of their host, and then passing that knowledge on to their children, their tech would have advanced at an incredible rate in a few hundred years. They probably reached information age level technology within a two or three hundred years of being stone age. Its possible they were able to understand and reproduce Control Crystals and Rings within 500 to 1000 years max.

Comment

well there are the transporter cuboards in atlantis and they are basicaly an anclosed ring device probably the next evolution of the ring but not so much better as to condone them replacing the rings...thats how i see it
                            tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                            yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                            Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

i dont think the ancient transporter cupboards in antlantis are like the ring device, more like the asgard beaming tech, but station to station

Comment

Working...
                              X